Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2016, 02:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Review: My 9th-gen Honda Accord EX-L (USA)

Update after 5 months and 6000 miles of ownership: the car has become smoother and more fuel efficient with time. The oil gauge shows 30% still left, I need to take it to the showroom for an oil change and general checkup once the level reaches around 10% (roughly 9000 miles). Fuel efficiency has slowly crept up, I am now getting about 30 MPG overall (~12kmpl) with about 27 in city driving and 35 in highway driving.

Got tints done for the heat, with 30% front and 10% back. This has greatly helped in the Texas summer, with daily temperatures of about 39 deg, which easily rise to 43-44 deg in the huge concrete parking lots here. The AC is very effective, cools down the car to manageable temperatures in 2-3 minutes flat.

Took her to some great driving roads in the nearby Texas hill country. The sharp steering and quick response in 'S' mode made the car a blast to drive around the narrow ghat sections. No sports car but quite good for a large sedan. Can't help but wonder if I made a mistake going for the CVT. With such a perky engine, the manual would have been a blast to drive.

I have been too lazy to wash her often, and there isn't a lot of dust here anyways. I usually just go to the local auto car wash for a basic one that takes only a few minutes. Here she is, after only the 3rd wash in 5 months. It takes ridiculously little effort to keep a car shining and gleaming here.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: My 9th-gen Honda Accord EX-L (USA)-20160717-13.28.31.jpg  

guha_2001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 22:52   #17
BHPian

Thanks so much for detailed review.

I couldn't have read this review at any other better time.

I am considering getting same version here in Toronto next week on 4 years lease term and its very good to get your first hands-on impressions on this car.

Please do keep the thread updated with your experiences
amitw79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 00:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guha_2001 View Post
I moved to the US of A about a couple of months back.
Hi Guha,

Nice review. I too just about moved to Cleveland and did a lot of research. Was helped extensively by T-Bhpian Himanshu Bhardwaj.

I finally settled for a 2016 Honda Accord EX with Honda Sensing. Its an awesome feature.

I am just enjoying the car and more importantly the mobility at hand.

Your review definitely helped in firming up my mind. It sure is very neatly written.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd September 2016 at 01:25. Reason: Reduced quoted post
nikhilarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 21:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
I am considering getting same version here in Toronto next week on 4 years lease term and its very good to get your first hands-on impressions on this car
Thank you Amit! Did you end up getting the Accord?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilarni View Post
I finally settled for a 2016 Honda Accord EX with Honda Sensing. Its an awesome feature.

I am just enjoying the car and more importantly the mobility at hand.

Your review definitely helped in firming up my mind. It sure is very neatly written.
Thank you Nikhil Great car, congrats! Do share pics and your impressions
guha_2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 22:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guha_2001 View Post
Thank you Amit! Did you end up getting the Accord?
As a matter of fact I did
Your review was the final feedback which helped me nail the decision.

Got myself 2017 Honda Accord EX-L white and I am absolutely loving the car to bits. Clocked around 2000+kms already in less than a month
The more I drive the more I love it.

Adaptive cruise control is the feature I am loving the most even though it has some minor quirks, and also not to mention the amber break alerts, keeps you attentive.
My first stint with Android Auto/Apple Carplay is an another story with its ups and downs.
All heated seats is one feature I am looking forward to use extensively in the upcoming Toronto winters.
Looking forward to many more happy KMs.
amitw79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 17:57   #21
BHPian

Great choice Guhan! Did come to know about it a couple of days back from our "Swift man" Mr. CM.

Just came across your review on your new ride. Awesome!!

Happy driving

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks