Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2016, 10:14   #31
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXi - Snow White comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
What is the function of the Mist on the wiper stalk?
I used "Mist" function first time in the drizzle last weekend. Sorry for the late response, blame it on late rains
This is single swipe on windshield. The other three modes intermittant - medium and high - are for rains. The Mist function when you just want to clear light drizzle or fog once from windshield.
Old 10th July 2016, 23:04   #32
BHPian

Heartiest Congrats on a good buy. I own a Apr2015 ZXI. As on date, the odometer reads 9002Km with all three free services done. My car drive is restricted to weekends and not much of a run in weekdays, as office is just 2km away. I changed the engine oil in the 1st & 3rd service.

Few points i noticed, which i wanted to exchange with you.
1. There is a certain grunt like sound from the engine, which wasn't there earlier. i do not rev the engine more than 3000 Rpm at any point of time. Noticeable especially when on brakes, and accelerates in 2nd gear. I got it checked from MASS, the guy says its normal air intake sound. It wasn't there before 2nd service.

2. The auto unlock of the door is another issue, which i think i will take a call later.

3. The Right A pillar. Many a times i have missed a pedestrian or a cyclist in the city traffic, i thank god for it. How are u managing? After lots of hits & misses, i have come a seating position which gives me considerably better view vis-a-vis the A pillar.

4. How do u find the main headlights? As for me, it isn't satisfactory. I intend to upgrade them in the next visit to service center, along with a underbody anti-rust coat.

Do give ur opinion on the above points.

OFF Topic: The ZXI connection apart, my sons name is Adwaith.
sandeep959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 11:46   #33
BHPian

Major Update coming up in a couple of days.

I have got the seat covers installed - artificial leather, stitched seats. Spent almost entire Saturday (10am to 5pm) at the workshop personally looking at what is being done on the car. Detailed photolog with review coming up.

Another big update - that is on installation of Dashcam. Photos and review in a couple of days. I have to download photos from camera and start writing.

@STraiTDriVE - enjoy the period of "hunt" I had visited almost all the showrooms in Pune and checked out almost all the models, From Safari VX to WagonR in last few months before getting home Ciaz. Happy Journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
Heartiest Congrats on a good buy. I own a Apr2015 ZXI....

1. There is a certain grunt like sound from the engine, which wasn't there earlier. i do not rev the engine more than 3000 Rpm at any point of time. Noticeable especially when on brakes, and accelerates in 2nd gear. I got it checked from MASS, the guy says its normal air intake sound. It wasn't there before 2nd service.
Thanks Sandeep. I have not noticed the sound yet, but let me check on next drive.

Quote:
2. The auto unlock of the door is another issue, which i think i will take a call later.
I have got it changed through OBD port setting during first service, and I am happy and so are passengers. Now all doors unlock on engine switch off.

Quote:
3. The Right A pillar. Many a times i have missed a pedestrian or a cyclist in the city traffic, i thank god for it. How are u managing? After lots of hits & misses, i have come a seating position which gives me considerably better view vis-a-vis the A pillar.
I have now got used to it - have adjusted my seat position and now I dont see many issues. I found Ciaz better actually during my TDs compared to Jazz / Ecosport and City. Yes, it is thick, and I either lean forward to avoid A-pillar blocking my view while turning or check for clear road before I make turn these days. It is a trial and error untill you find your best driving position.

Quote:
4. How do u find the main headlights? As for me, it isn't satisfactory. I intend to upgrade them in the next visit to service center, along with a underbody anti-rust coat.
I got the headlight bulbs changed to H7 (standard is H4 Philips) that gives better luminosity. That's the max I could do, as I did not want anyone touch any electricals.

Quote:
OFF Topic: The ZXI connection apart, my sons name is Adwaith.
That's nice to know. Wishing Adwaith a blessed life ahead

Last edited by advaitlele : 11th July 2016 at 11:50. Reason: added response to StraitDrive's comment.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 00:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
I got the headlight bulbs changed to H7 (standard is H4 Philips) that gives better luminosity. That's the max I could do, as I did not want anyone touch any electricals.
Did u make any cut-outs for change, or u just changed the bulb? I was told that any such changes would nullify the warranty(Available till Mar2017)
H7, which brand have u gone for? I was just checking the net. Found a couple of them, Philips, Osram, Bosch etc. And also variants like White extreme vision, white vision headlight(12V/55W), Premium Halogen H7(12V/55W). So, which one did u go for?

I'm basically a bit ignorant in this subject. Kindly guide me. Comments from other are also welcome.
Old 16th July 2016, 08:25   #35
BHPian

I got them fixed from the dealer. it's Philips. I doubt if he cut any wiring or any cutouts. I was told it's a straight fit and doesn't void warranty.
Old 17th July 2016, 09:10   #36
BANNED

Quote:
I got them fixed from the dealer. it's Philips. I doubt if he cut any wiring or any cutouts. I was told it's a straight fit and doesn't void warranty.
H4 is a three pin type bulb whereas an H7 is a two pin type. How did they manage to fit it without any modifications to the holder or the wiring? A few pictures would help.

Also, bulb types (different holders) do not increase or decrease the illumination.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 16:32   #37
BHPian

First of all, H4, H7 and H1 are bulb types, and have nothing to do with beam intensity. They are also not interchangeable without using a different holder and reflector.

Afaik, Ciaz comes with dual chamber headlamps as OE, with separate bulbs for low and high beams, H7 projector for low beam and H1 for high beam. Perhaps, you have changed to a higher output bulb like the Philips Xtremevision or Osram Nightbreaker, which is the only upgrade usually done at a dealer level. H4 is a dual filament bulb whereas H7 is a single filament one. You can't use H4 with a Ciaz.

Last edited by vivekgk : 23rd July 2016 at 16:36.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 14:54   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
H4 is a three pin type bulb whereas an H7 is a two pin type. How did they manage to fit it without any modifications to the holder or the wiring? A few pictures would help.

Also, bulb types (different holders) do not increase or decrease the illumination.
Will have to check on this one. Not sure if they changed the holder too as Vivekgk points out in this post, as I was given the old bulbs back after the replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
First of all, H4, H7 and H1 are bulb types, and have nothing to do with beam intensity. They are also not interchangeable without using a different holder and reflector.

Perhaps, you have changed to a higher output bulb like the Philips Xtremevision....
THIS is the case. I didn't pay much attention to it then. But in retrospect, I think that's what the dealer has done.
Old 11th August 2016, 19:46   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Will have to check on this one. Not sure if they changed the holder too as Vivekgk points out in this post, as I was given the old bulbs back after the replacement.
Please do. Changing a holder in the OE wiring loom amounts to a clear warranty void.

You can tell them to give you a 10 year unconditional unlimited km warranty now.

That said, any rattles in the car so far?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 14:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That said, any rattles in the car so far?
None yet. I have completed 5.4k KMs and it is as smooth and noise-free as on delivery day. I am loving every bit of driving.
There was a rattling sound last month from left side which got me worried. Constant noise except when stand-still. I checked left side door, hinges, glove box, under seat and found pen cover under the water bottle on left door. Nothing after that.
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:26   #41
BHPian

30,000 KMs update

Coming back to this thread after a long time.
Partly because this is such no-nonsense car and nothing over the top happened in all this while. I have been filling up fuel, and driving all this while.

So here are my impressions after driving the Snow White for three years.

1. The odo reading shows 29400 KMs as of now. Total noiseless ownership so far.
2. No rattles, no noises anywhere. Just service it once a year, fill up the petrol tank and drive.
3. Total highway driving in these three years included approx. 6k KMs of highway and rest in Pune city traffic.
4. Kitna Deti Hai - is the question associated with all Maruti cars. The life time average on the MID shows 15.8 KMPL. Not bad when I drive it in bumper to bumper traffic every day to-from office - which is about 80% of lifetime odo reading.
5. Accidental repairs - One. When driving out of Pune, a biker with two pillions trying to overtake me from left, banged car in front. Trying to save him, I collided with another car parked in left lane. Luckily, it was a busy junction and none of the cars were fast enough. But that needed me to replace front bumper, and repairs for front door hinges and side panel. Everything paid for thanks to insurance.

Overall Impression
1. HAPPY. This car meets the buying criteria I started with - peace of mind in ownership. The cost of maintenance is not heavy on pocket. Except for third year service (30k KMs) rest all have been 5k max. This time, I had asked them for AC cleaning (gas + vent cleaning, compressor, filter change) apart from standard service and oil change. Total paid was around 8k. The wheel alignment, balancing, rotation was thrown in for free as I had renewed my insurance from them. I didn't find much of a difference doing it from outside vs from Maruti. Opted for that based on past claim experience.
2. Highway cruising at my kind of driving - As I said in opening thread, I hardly ever drive in 3 digits. During number of highway drives, with four adults and kid and boot loaded fully with bags, it doesn't feel breathless, I can cruise consistently and get approx. 22-23 KMPL throughout.
3. AC in summers is not super cool, but is adequate for afternoon driving with five onboard. I can still drive effortless at 80-90 on highways.
4. Weird Problem - (I) whenever I try to adjust mobile phone charger (rear one) while the songs are being played from USB, it adjusts the mode and goes in radio (ii) reducing the volume - when I press volume down button on steering only once, the volume reduces, but pressing it more than twice changes the mode from USB to radio. I cant figure it out why. I showed it to service guys but as it happens every time, the problem didn't happen that time so they were not able to comprehend what I was saying.
5. AC control knob - the knob is not as smooth now. I showed it to service guys this time, and as per them, I have not used the knob as much. And that's true. I have set temperature to 23 since I purchased the car and it has hardly ever changed. So it's not moving freely now. They used spray to release it but I cannot get only the knob changed, I have to change entire console. I would rather set different temperatures every time I start driving and keep the knob moving than spending money on replacing entire console.
advaitlele is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:36   #42
BHPian

The 30k KMs service was done at Sai Service Hinjawadi, Pune, same place I booked and took delivery from.
It has been a pleasant experience with them all this while. Mr. Shiva Kumar who has been regularly servicing Ciaz and now Ignis has been a fantastic person.
Attaching some photos of third year service.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXi - Snow White comes home!-1548151354851.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXi - Snow White comes home!-1548151377216.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXi - Snow White comes home!-1548151397614.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXi - Snow White comes home!-1548151422441.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXi - Snow White comes home!-1548151440184.jpg  

advaitlele is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 11:00   #43
BHPian

It has been 4 years of Snow White coming home and what a journey it has been.
An absolutely no-nonsense car with just a tankful of petrol every few days, and annual service and nothing more to worry abut.
I completed fourth service (due before 4 years or 40k KMs) a couple of weeks back. With odo showing 36k, it was a usual service. And Sai Service Hinjawadi again didn't disappoint me. The Service Manager and his staff here are amazing fellows - Shiva Kumar has been diligent with both my cars - Ciaz and Ignis - for taking good care during servicing. A standard service for changing oil and other routine 4th year service as per service manual was done and car delivered spanking again by noon on same day.

Was contemplating about having ceramic coating on 4th anniversary and read through the long thread on this forum. I am still as much not decided about it as I was before reading that thread. Not sure if it is worth spending 20-25k on the car that is still shining new thanks to my cleaning routine and annual spend on wax polish so far that's working out well. May be on 5th anniversary
advaitlele is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 14:08   #44
BHPian

60,000 KMs update

Now close to 61,000 KMs.

It has been 7 years and 10 months approximately to finish the 60k mark. It has been quite a peaceful ownership so far, no issues, no fuss, just fill it, shut it, forget it experience; be it city or highway driving.

So far, apart from 7 annual services (and three within first year as mandated by the service manual), there has not been any time the car has been to workshop for anything else.

I have spent on below items as part of spares / accessories over last 7+ years
1. changed battery at the end of 4th year
2. four tires at the end of 5th year
3. key fob batteries - twice for both key fobs
4. floor mats for cabin and boot and steering cover (twice)
5. ceramic coating at the end of 5 years and coating service at six years
6. Dashcam (three cameras - 2 Blaupunkt and one more from Amazon) and two 32 GB sd cards

Total I drove in 2020 (3049) and 2021 (4403) - two years combined - was 7452 KMs.

I have spent Rs.337,679 overall with 3994 ltrs of petrol, average cost of Rs. 84.52 per liter. I filled my first tankfull for Rs 2800 at 64.25 ltr that got me 43.57 ltr of petrol on 14th Feb i.e. the day of delivery. Last tankfull (after finishing 60k KMs) was on 18th Nov at 60,011 KMs - Rs 3800 at 105.91 that got me 35.87 ltr Petrol.

I have spent total of Rs. 276,161 for total Insurance, servicing, replacement (tires, battery, keyfob batteries etc.), accessories (mats, dashcam etc.) and ceramic coating over the years.

Total cost of ownership for fuel + insurance + service + accessories = 613,840 over 7 years, 10 months and 60k + KMs.

That comes to most important question for car ownership (and esp Marutis) i.e. Kitna Deti Hai --
1. Avg 15.022 KMPL
2. TCO per km - 10.22 Rs (613,840 / 60,011)

This has been a total peace of mind ownership and I am quite happy with the decision I made to buy Ciaz on 31st Jan 2016.
advaitlele is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 15:55   #45
BHPian

Well reminds me of My Ciaz. Similar story, absolutely trouble free experience. Never visited the workshop or service center for any glitch. (Two visits for a bumper change and repaint are discounted). Loved the car, it took me to places all over the country and just loved munching miles.
Sold it off @ 78000km after 7+ brilliant years of ownership. More happy miles to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks