Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2016, 21:31   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I wonder if the Brio will get the same gearbox and dash updates. That car badly needs an updated instrument console as well. Existing one looks VERY tacky.
I read on zigwheels that the Brio facelift is not happening this year. Due to lower sales volume, they are not prioritizing it.
Old 17th March 2016, 11:29   #47
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze Facelift & CVT (2016)

downright ugly. Why can't they make the car I dunno, more fluidic ?
Anyhow, heard from a friend Honda's pulling out the Brio.
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

The changes are welcome, yet it took Honda 3 years to address this very basic issue that does not even involve any change in the "white body". Dash board is not very difficult to redesign, more so when it is clear what the customer is expecting.

Anyways, if this is the new design which has been shared with BRV / lifted from BRV, why not have it in Mobilio and Brio? Why keep multiple design when the platform is same and the old dashboard is not appreciated by buyers.

Why such small things take this much of time that too when the companies understand the gravity of situation and market dynamics / competition.

Finally the interiors are acceptable.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 01:07   #49
BHPian

Saw the car in flesh today. The interior looks quite upmarket from the erstwhile model, only from the change in the dashboard design, Hope the guys at Toyota follow suit for Etios and Liva.
With this update, the car might be able to pull of some additional volumes as well. Only if they could have done anything to improve noise insulation in the Diesel variants.
Old 24th March 2016, 22:06   #50
BHPian

Car looks fresh , it's good that they have worked on interior which was bit out of the box . now it seems more modern .

Rest Honda engines are gem , a trouble free ownership and CVT gearbox is amazing good thing Honda didn't go for AMT
Jose.solorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 17:08   #51

Moderator Note: Please do NOT post rubbish. If your post cannot add value to the discussion, it's better not to post at all.

Keep it real, keep it neutral.

Last edited by GTO : 4th May 2016 at 10:31.
metalspook is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:22   #52
BHPian

^^
I have to agree here a bit with @metalspook. I also didn't really like this upgrade
1. The central console is really weird and looks a little "tedha medha"(Tortuous) to me
2. Previous version had a touchscreen AVN. This doesn't. I mean, Are you kidding me?
3. No button accept/reject calls for Bluetooth-paired phones. Even my Celerio (Zxi-O) has these buttons even it belongs to lower segment.
Overall, to me, this upgrade looks like they have done it jut for the sake of it. No real passion behind it.
No offense meant for anyone, this is my personal opinion.
Blue_Pearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:10   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalspook View Post
The absence of the AVN is a shocker! Why take away stuff from your user?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Pearl View Post
2. Previous version had a touchscreen AVN. This doesn't. I mean, Are you kidding me?
3. No button accept/reject calls for Bluetooth-paired phones. Even my Celerio (Zxi-O) has these buttons even it belongs to lower segment.
The dashboard looks way better than earlier IMO, though still nowhere close to the design of some of the other cars in the segment. Haven't seen the quality in person, so no comments there.

But it is seriously shocking why Honda went back to this age old infotainment system with a tiny monochrome display! Even more shocking is the fact that the whole unit is shared with the flagship BRV which is going to come around 15L OTR in most cities.

EDIT - Its heartening to see Maruti, Hyundai and TATA offer really good ICE options these days. Maruti with Smartplay touchscreen system, Hyundai with 1GB onboard storage and all connectivity options and TATA with the best in class (and three above it!) sound. However, Honda seems to have taken a big step backwards when it comes to ICE options across the range.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd May 2016 at 13:14.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:42   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2016 Honda Amaze facelift for Thailand sees the addition of projector headlamps with LED guiding lights, new alloy design, and an all-black interior.

Looks much classier when compared with the plain-jane front & the dual-tone black/beige interiors that we got here in India, although the OEM Head Unit is the same over there as well.

Shortchanging us plenty, eh Honda?

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze Facelift & CVT (2016)-hondabrioamazefaceliftfrontquarterthailandlivepics.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze Facelift & CVT (2016)-hondabrioamazefaceliftfrontthailandlivepics.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze Facelift & CVT (2016)-hondabrioamazefaceliftrearquarterthailandlivepics.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze Facelift & CVT (2016)-hondabrioamazefaceliftinteriorthailandlivepics.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:52   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The 2016 Honda Amaze facelift for Thailand sees the addition of projector headlamps with LED guiding lights, new alloy design, and an all-black interior.

Looks much classier when compared with the plain-jane front & the dual-tone black/beige interiors that we got here in India, although the OEM Head Unit is the same over there as well.

Shortchanging us plenty, eh Honda?
Well, we got the same update though these features were only introduced now, expecting a new RS variant of Amaze to hit the Indian market soon featuring the same changes.
Old 15th June 2016, 20:24   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thai version also seems to be getting proper bumpers front and rear, as they are not bound by the 4m rule. IMO, the 4m rule should be amended to exclude bumper length, i.e only metal components should have to be within the 4m. This will ensure a reasonable size, while enhancing safety. Currently, I'm sure that pedestrian safety is also taking a backseat with all these sub 4m designs ensuring metallic contact first rather than plastic.
vivekgk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 14:13   #57
BHPian

Is there another update in the offing?
I saw one amaze with red number plate near Janpath. The taillamp cluster had red lights on top and clear lens covers for the two horizontal layers below. Could not take a picture as I was driving.
Old 30th August 2016, 19:11   #58
BHPian

Took a test drive of the 2016 Amaze CVT in the bumper to bumper traffic of suburban Mumbai. It was the first time i was driving an automatic and was really impressed with the drastic reduction in driving effort ( from a manual to a CVT). Very comfortable interiors and efficient Honda fit and finish overall. The CVT was butter smooth and since i had read about the rubber band effect, i went easy on the gas...it was a really stress free experience. The FE meter on the test car was showing 11.2 Kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic. I suppose that can only get better with less traffic (wonder when that will ever happen in Mumbai ). Was considering the Honda City VX CVT also, but i'm tempted by the small dimensions of the Amaze CVT and the consequent advantages in maneuvering in traffic and kerb-side parking. Concerned about the highway performance of the Amaze though. I had driven a Honda Brio for about 200-300 Km once and had noted that it runs out of breath after a speed of 110Km. Anybody's driven the Amaze CVT on the highway?

Last edited by Mountain.Goat : 30th August 2016 at 19:15.
Old 1st September 2016, 14:33   #59
BHPian

Hi, can some one share an update of the interiors and exteriors on the base version (E variant) of the 2016 face lift amaze? Is honda leaving it as it is on the previous version?
Old 1st September 2016, 17:03   #60
BHPian

I liked the dashboard. It's way better than my 2012 City in terms of features I think, but yeah, mine was a 2012 model after all.
It's the beige interiors that get me. Why do manufacturers do this? My City has beige interiors too; they didn't have an all black option. I don't like it, but I guess I fall under the minority or the beige rage wouldn't exist.

Most Viewed