Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2016, 00:35   #16
BHPian

Re: My Earth-Brown Hyundai i20 Active 1.4L CRDi SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Congrats buddy!!
Can you post output pics of Mini H1 projector in both high and low beam?
Projectors only, low beam

My Earth-Brown Hyundai i20 Active 1.4L CRDi SX-output2.png

Projectors only, high beam

My Earth-Brown Hyundai i20 Active 1.4L CRDi SX-output1.png

Projectors with fogs, low beam

My Earth-Brown Hyundai i20 Active 1.4L CRDi SX-output3.png

Projectors with fogs, high beam

My Earth-Brown Hyundai i20 Active 1.4L CRDi SX-output4.png

Only fogs

My Earth-Brown Hyundai i20 Active 1.4L CRDi SX-output5.png
harsh79 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 01:36   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
Projectors only, low beam

Attachment 1502309

Projectors only, high beam

Attachment 1502308

Projectors with fogs, low beam

Attachment 1502310

Projectors with fogs, high beam

Attachment 1502311

Only fogs

Attachment 1502312
Output looks really good. Thanks for the pics. I am planning to upgrade Stock projectors of S cross to Mini D2S from Xenon Planet.
Old 2nd May 2016, 01:45   #18
BHPian

I'm quite satisfied with the output. FXR would have been even better, only if it would've fit.

D2S should be equally good as the H1, if not better. Plus you have an option of the square ones, they look really cool. Go for it, you'll not be disappointed in any sense.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:56   #19
BHPian

Harsh,
Out of curiosity wanted to know how much did your old santro fetch you?
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:44   #20
BHPian

The Santro fetched 75000/- as mentioned in the booking and dealership experience part of the review.

The interiors were pristine even after ten years, no discolouration, fading or damage to any of the plastics. OE seats were good as new, as I had covered them up from the very first day.

The outside was relatively clean too, minus a couple of repainted panels and a few scuffs on the bumpers.

A Covered parking definitely helped with the ageing.

Also included the Sony amp and HU with Sony front speakers + rear coaxial.

I believe it was a fair price considering the state of the engine.
Old 2nd May 2016, 23:32   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride Harsh. Hope it serves you well. I must comment the mods that you have made to your ride. Pure black interiors look awesome to say the least. I was just wondering if you can mention the range of investment on that kind of Audio setup. I do not want the exact prices because that would not be very ethical considering that I am going to go to the same shop (Motor Concept, Kirti Nagar), but that would just give me an approximation for my car (Ecosport, yeah with that ugly silver dash).

Will perhaps get a powder coat of piano black shade on all silver controls in the car.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
BB
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 00:50   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm quite satisfied with the output. FXR would have been even better, only if it would've fit.

D2S should be equally good as the H1, if not better. Plus you have an option of the square ones, they look really cool. Go for it, you'll not be disappointed in any sense.
I missed readin out that you are using 55W ballast. I suggest you to change it to 35W ballast. Mini H1 is not designed to handle 55W ballast. There are numerous issues reported like damage to reflector/bowl.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride Harsh. Hope it serves you well. I must comment the mods that you have made to your ride. Pure black interiors look awesome to say the least. I was just wondering if you can mention the range of investment on that kind of Audio setup. I do not want the exact prices because that would not be very ethical considering that I am going to go to the same shop (Motor Concept, Kirti Nagar), but that would just give me an approximation for my car (Ecosport, yeah with that ugly silver dash).

Will perhaps get a powder coat of piano black shade on all silver controls in the car.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
BB
A similar set-up including the damping should easily cross 1L. I got things changed or added at intervals of around a month or so, giving myself the time to fully appreciate and analyze the upgrade done.

for the coating, should definitely spruce things up.

Quote:
I missed readin out that you are using 55W ballast. I suggest you to change it to 35W ballast. Mini H1 is not designed to handle 55W ballast. There are numerous issues reported like damage to reflector/bowl.
Having read a bit about the heat issue before getting the retrofit, I had inquired about the same during installation at RR. I was told that, there would be no issues due to the extra heat produced by the 55W in comparison to the 35W as per their own experience.

On a side note, the headlamps don't feel any warmer than, when they were running the OEM halogen projectors.

Will inspect the lights closely in the day and check with them once again tomorrow. Just to be sure. Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Upgrades, enhancements and additions

Proklear Raw Waterless Wash Concentrate - http://www.ebay.in/itm/PROKLEAR-RAW-...AAAOSwJQdXB1JL

Satisfactory muck, road film and poo lifting ability, about to finish my second bottle. Will try ONR or Ultima WW next. Inputs solicited.

Proklear Nano Bond Anti Rain/Glare Treatment - http://www.ebay.in/itm/PROKLEAR-Nano...MAAOSwFqJWswcx

Not used. Will use this coming monsoon.

Proklear Anti Fog Spray - http://www.ebay.in/itm/PROKLEAR-Anti...8AAOSwEppUQrJD

Not used. Will use along the anti rain treatment.
WL Wash : Am very satisfied with PK Waterless wash, a perfect VFM product.

Anti Rain/Glare treatment : This will be my 3rd monsoon with PK Nano Bond Anti Rain/Glare Treatment, unlike other products, its a one time application product, you don't need to redo the coat every 7-10 days. Has been a great aid in terms of increased visibility during rains.

Anti Fog Spray : Correct application is very important to achieve desired results. To get acquainted, would advise you to do a portion at the beginning instead of doing the entire windshield. Works really well.
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:21   #25
BHPian

That's a very detailed review. I like the seat covers, I am thinking of getting similar ones for my Swift.

I found the clutch pedal lock to be an interesting device. Amazon just has four reviews and there are no You Tube videos demonstrating the usage. Would you be kind enough to upload some pictures or a video of using the device and what makes it fail safe?

Isn't there a way to engage the clutch by directly from under the hood? I am not sure how, maybe the experts can comment. I do understand that these devices are supposed to act a deterrent but still would like to know how much work is required for a thief to get the car moving?

I like the fact that this doesn't require drilling holes or cutting carpet unlike the pin type gear lock.
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post

Anti Fog Spray : Correct application is very important to achieve desired results. To get acquainted, would advise you to do a portion at the beginning instead of doing the entire windshield. Works really well.
I still have my reservations about using the anti fog spray, fearing it may cause smears on the inner part of the windscreen. Can't stand a windscreen that's not sparkling clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post

I found the clutch pedal lock to be an interesting device. Amazon just has four reviews and there are no You Tube videos demonstrating the usage. Would you be kind enough to upload some pictures or a video of using the device and what makes it fail safe?

Isn't there a way to engage the clutch by directly from under the hood? I am not sure how, maybe the experts can comment. I do understand that these devices are supposed to act a deterrent but still would like to know how much work is required for a thief to get the car moving?

I like the fact that this doesn't require drilling holes or cutting carpet unlike the pin type gear lock.
Even if there's a way of engaging the clutch manually from the engine bay area, don't think that'll work.

Unless one of the lifters is sitting in the engine bay with the hood up and switching gears, while his accomplice is somehow trying to drive away without stalling. Doesn't seem plausible.

In order to lock it in, you need to slide the U-shaped prongs over the clutch lever, so that the clutch lever sits in between the prongs and then rotate the key twice. The length of the lock sits touching the car floor, resulting in the clutch getting locked, without anywhere to go if depressed. A thief will have to saw off one of the prongs to remove it.

Will attach pictures later.

Last edited by harsh79 : 3rd May 2016 at 16:31. Reason: sentence framing
Old 4th May 2016, 10:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I still have my reservations about using the anti fog spray, fearing it may cause smears on the inner part of the windscreen. Can't stand a windscreen that's not sparkling clean.
It indeed requires skill and patience to get it right. Skill can be developed over the period of time with practice. If results are unsatisfactory, one can just wipe it off with glass cleaner since the application is not permanent.
Old 4th May 2016, 13:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Checked with RR. Dikshit has clarified that, the heating, bubbling or melting issue was prevalent in the older H1 versions due to a 55W ballast, there is no such issue with the 6.0. He also reiterated that there is a 2 year warranty and if anything does happen, it's fully covered by him.

The projectors, frame and the shrouds seem to be fine on a visual inspection from the outside.
Old 4th May 2016, 20:15   #29
BHPian

Congratulations on your excellent choice ! Active looks awesome in brown specially with the extra gloss due to coating. Wishing you lots of happy and safe drive !
TOINGPOING is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 23:22   #30

A very detailed review. Thank you. Lot of useful information for a new car owner like me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks