Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 16:18   #46
BHPian

Re: Video: 2016 BMW 3-Series (F30 LCI) Review & SWOT Analysis!

Ive had my new LCI 320D for a month now and I had a few doubts for Karan and other owners:

1. I upgraded my rims to 17 inch 225/50. Service advisors suggested 32psi for front
tyres and 35 psi for rear. Why should there be a difference in tyre pressures?

2. Is there anyway to update my I-drive and unlock secret or extra features?

3. I have this unique problem of small red ants entering the car even though its brand new. Got the car cleaned and vaccuumed but no idea what is attracting them?

4. I took the car for a long drive on the airport road in Bangalore. Observed that the car was slightly pulling to the left when i let go of the steering wheel. When I took it to the service station, all the tyre pressures were off and there was a slight difference in alignment. Got it rectified, but anything else i should do? I guess the roads in india are terrible and may be a problem with the angle of the roads.

5. When the car was delivered, some of the sticker marks from the film that is placed on the car in the stockyard were still present. So I had a doubt that if it was washed and polished before delivery. I took my car to the service center and requested them to do a general polish for free since it was not done.
Old 7th September 2016, 14:11   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranjoshy View Post
Ive had my new LCI 320D for a month now and I had a few doubts for Karan and other owners:

1. I upgraded my rims to 17 inch 225/50. Service advisors suggested 32psi for front
tyres and 35 psi for rear. Why should there be a difference in tyre pressures?

2. Is there anyway to update my I-drive and unlock secret or extra features?

3. I have this unique problem of small red ants entering the car even though its brand new. Got the car cleaned and vaccuumed but no idea what is attracting them?

4. I took the car for a long drive on the airport road in Bangalore. Observed that the car was slightly pulling to the left when i let go of the steering wheel. When I took it to the service station, all the tyre pressures were off and there was a slight difference in alignment. Got it rectified, but anything else i should do? I guess the roads in india are terrible and may be a problem with the angle of the roads.

5. When the car was delivered, some of the sticker marks from the film that is placed on the car in the stockyard were still present. So I had a doubt that if it was washed and polished before delivery. I took my car to the service center and requested them to do a general polish for free since it was not done.
1) Stick to 32 psi all round when the car is fully loaded, otherwise 30 psi all round should be fine too when you are doing solo runs.

2) YES, many options. Get in touch with mod Akshay1234 to help you out on that front.

3) Food ? Im sure being a BHPian you would be not allowing that to happen but still the reasons could be many other than Food too, get it sorted asap.

4) The alignment is best checked at low speeds 40-60 km/h. Sometimes which happened in your case the tyre pressure was off. So before fiddling the alignment (factory setup) you did the right thing by sorting the tyre pressures.

5) So did they do it for free ? If yes its a good gesture by them
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 15:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranjoshy View Post
This exact same thing happened to me about a month ago, and I have managed to resolve it succesfully, so let me share my experience which may help you with this.

The Case of the Red Ants

My car is a Polo GT TSI. It's just 1 year, 5 months old. One fine day when I unlocked the car to start off for office, there were some red ants on the right side of the rear seat (behind the front passenger's seat). I was startled for a moment, looked around my parking area to see if they were entering from the ground, but couldn't find any steady stream of ants which one usually expects to find. Checked the interior of the car to see if there were more, but couldn't see any other area. Wiped all of them off with a wet cloth and drove off to office, thinking it was all over.

The next day, there they were again! In the same spot that too. Now the location got me suspicious. So unhooked the seat base from it's clamps and opened it only to find some food particles lying on the metal surface! That sight just got me riled up, for letting the occupants eat food in the car, and I resolved to never let that happen again. Took the car immediately to 3M, got a full interior cleaning done and the ants vanished. I heaved a sigh of relief and life resumed, once again.

Fast forward two weeks from this, I opened the front driver's door to sit in and drive away, and the ants were there again. But this time, on the door beading! What I realized is that when I took the car to 3M for the cleaning, some of the ants were already present in the door beading (and I had failed to spot them) and the 3M guys just didn't spot them/cleaned that part thoroughly. Which is why ALL of the ants were never exterminated from the car. And then they just multiplied to the extent that they became visible to me easily. I checked under the seat and not a single ant was present, which confirmed that the original root-cause was correct and had been resolved properly.

I then bought a can of HIT (the insect killer thing) and sprayed it all over the door beading and also over all nooks and crannies visible from the exterior of the car. Did not spray even a single drop anywhere in the interior section because no ants were visible there, and the odor would be difficult to tolerate when driving. I changed my parking spots at office for a week, to eliminate that possibility as well. And also spread/applied ant powder (the white one) in the area where my car is parked at home, to eliminate any that might be there under the tiling or trees/flowers section.

After this, it's been a month and I haven't had any sightings yet. Which means that they have decided (thankfully) to not make my car their hangout area.

I understand how disgusting it feels to have red ants in a car, so totally identify with what you must be going through. Try this out if you can and maybe it'll help!

Last edited by AbhisheKulkarni : 8th September 2016 at 15:15.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks