Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2019, 11:06   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+

The car has been doing its duty flawlessly, which is mainly highway runs only. There haven't been any complaints till now and I hope it stays the same.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190703_120620.jpg

Yes, it has done around 15.5K kms in last 3 years but serves my purpose completely. Last trip was 2500kms. Details I've posted here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4617907 (Muzaffarpur to Delhi via Gorakhpur-Faizabad-Lucknow-Kanpur-Agra-Palwal (NH2 & 71B))

There have been few upgrades but I'll update after maybe a few months when it's been thoroughly tested.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 13:09   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been over 3 years since I bought it. It has been doing the required duties flawlessly. There were few shortcomings and a few features that I always wanted. I've added a few things and will post the details now. Just a point I would like to mention is that the connections were taken from a fuse tap where ever required. And wherever I needed to connect 2 wires, it was soldered, covered in plastic using glue gun and wrapped in waterproof tape.

1. Chrome Blackening -

I was never a fan of chrome except the browser. The front grill was painted during the first few months of the ownership of the car. A few weeks back, I removed the rear door chrome and painted it with matt black. Now it looks good to my eyes, can't say the same for others.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-pixlr_20190118225943194__01.jpg
Front Chrome.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190822_062446.jpg
Rear Chrome.

2. DRLs -

This was another thing that I always wanted to have. I was surprised when Brezza was launched with Bull-Horn LEDs not actually a DRL, even when a cheaper Baleno had it in its top trim. I came across a post on Facebook VBOC page regarding Philips DRLs being sold as a MGP. The local dealership helped me in getting it. I got it fixed at the dealership so that my warranty remains intact.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20170212_115703.jpg
This is how it looked earlier.

But I somehow was not happy with its placement so started tinkering myself. Then I managed to fix it like International Vitara.
Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20170415_094005959.jpg
I liked this as the best.

But at this location, the DRLs were always loose, even my 2 year old son was able to pull it out once! I was looking at another place when I found out that the lower black part of bumper comes as a separate unit. This started another project of mine, fixing the DRLs in a better way so that they are not loose. I procured right and left pieces at 200 INR each and started my work. I made a cut out in the plastic part and after fixing the DRLs, I sealed the gaps using glue gun. After that, I used M-Seal to cover it up and filed it to smoothen it. Last was to paint all M-Seal to black so that it looks like an original fitment.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190822_081602.jpg
WIP

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190822_081629.jpg
WIP

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190822_081728.jpg
WIP

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190822_081752.jpg
WIP

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190823_143941.jpg
WIP

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-pixlr_20190822082814718.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-pixlr_20190822082849355.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190822_081905.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190828_080305.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190828_083732.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190828_083942.jpg
Current look.
This serves the purpose and can be seen from far.

3. Auto IRVM or Electro-Chromatic Mirror -

I drove my brother's S-Cross which has the ECM and I was really happy with the results. Since Brezza had this as an accessory, I asked my dealer and he ordered it for me. Once it came, I got it installed at MASS during 3 year service. The connection was taken from a hardwiring I had done earlier for my DashCam which I couldn't utilise as it was not supporting my DashCam. The lights were on, there was power to the mirror but it wasn't functioning. The electrician wasn't aware about the wiring so he left it like that. Since the harness was unavailable, the coupler had been removed from the mirror casing and wires were directly connected. I was not happy with this. When i came home, I removed the mirror, used a soldering iron to connect the wires. Then I checked the issue with it not working so I removed the hardwire kit and took a connection from the fuse tap. Voilą, it started working.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190813_212040.jpg
Working as a normal mirror without power.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190813_212046.jpg
ECM works!
This is one of the best things I have done to my car.

4. Conversation mirror/Child mirror -

Since my 2 year old son always sits behind, either in car seat or with my wife, I wanted a mirror so that I could look at them when need be. I came across this product, thanks to Anupam Agarwal of VBOC. This sticks on to the mirror with its suction cup and gives me a good view of rear seats. I've placed it on my side next to IRVM as mainly I need to check him on the left rear seat which has the child seat. Link to the product - removed as it was not loading. Search on Amazon with Safe-O-Kid 360 Degree rear view mirror.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-rear-mirror.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-rear-mirror2.jpg

5. HUD -

This was one other thing that had my fascination. I kept on searching different places, forums and websites for the same. Lastly, I took a plunge and got this - removed as it was not loading. Search on Amazon for Head Up Display Car HUD and you'll get lots of option. This gets connected to the OBD2 port by an adapter which comes with the display.

This is an OBD2 based display and comes with a reflector film that needs to be stuck on the windshield. It shows me the battery voltage before and after cranking, speed in kmph as well as water temperature, overheating alarm, engine speed etc as a display.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-hud.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-hud1.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-hud2.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-hud3.jpg

6. Upgraded Headlights -

I did go in for a headlight upgrade. It has been covered in a separate thread.

Other than these, the additions to my car are :-

7. Micro Fogs by Xenon Planet - Link (Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+)

8. Sensairy - Link (SensAiry : An app-based TPMS)

9. DashCam - Viofo 129 Dual Channel DashCam bought on Banggood.

10. Front Camera - Link (Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+)

11. Spare as an Alloy wheel.

12. LED rear reflectors.

13. Philips Ultinon LED cabin lights. Link (Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+)

14. Bosch Clear Advantage Frameless wipers .

15. 12V socket for running other stuff. Link (Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+)

16. Ceasefire - For any untoward incident with respect to fire. It came with a multi-utility hammer.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-ceasefire.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-ceasefire1.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-hammer.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-hammer1.jpg

17. Side mirror - This mirror shows 2 aspects, an adjustable wide angle mirror to show rear view, can be adjusted to suit the rear view. Plus a fixed front mirror which shows the left front tyre so that one can estimate the distance between car and kerb. It series the purpose but could have been bigger.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-side-mirror.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-side-mirror1.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd September 2019 at 18:01. Reason: Headlight update link added as requested
BoneCollector is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 18:53   #63
BHPian

Very nice list of small and useful installs. Check the quality of fire extinguisher's metal shell. If its made of tin/aluminum, then it is a hazard rather than safety devices. Over time they can blow up if parked under hot sun. Always use heavy (steel/iron shell) and bigger extinguishers.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th August 2019 at 08:02. Reason: Typo.
nishp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 19:10   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishp View Post
Very nice list of small and useful installs.
Thanks.

Quote:
Check the quality of fire extinguisher's metal shell. If its made of tin/aluminum than they are a hazard rather than safety devices. Over time they can blow up if parked under hot sun. Always use heavy (steel/iron shell) and bigger extinguishers.
The fire extinguisher is the one from Ceasefire that's for cars. It's an iron cylinder which is heat proof to be kept in cars.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 22:57   #65
BHPian

Loved the way you have made minute changes to make your ride even more unique. The LED install in particular looks beautiful since they are at fag ends you would need to be super careful about the present approach.

The hammer shaped multi tool looks very interesting. You mind sharing a link.
Thanks for taking the time and sharing the details with us.

Last edited by ARAY : 29th August 2019 at 23:02.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 06:13   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Loved the way you have made minute changes to make your ride even more unique. The LED install in particular looks beautiful since they are at fag ends you would need to be super careful about the present approach.
Thanks. The DRLs are indeed placed at extreme ends and are lower down. I need to be careful especially not hitting anything. I hope it stays the way it is.

Quote:
The hammer shaped multi tool looks very interesting. You mind sharing a link.
Thanks for taking the time and sharing the details with us.
I had placed order for Ceasefire fire extinguisher online and they were hand delivered to home. There is an offer which includes the hammer for free.

Kit

The hammer is also available separately.

Hammer

Last edited by BoneCollector : 30th August 2019 at 06:30.
Old 30th August 2019, 07:03   #67
BHPian

Please tell more about the tyre pressure monitor unit above the conversation mirror
Old 30th August 2019, 07:18   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Please tell more about the tyre pressure monitor unit above the conversation mirror
The TPMS is by an Indian startup company called Tymtix and is named Sensairy. There is a detailed thread about it, link is shared in earlier post. The display is also by them but initially it was not available. I got it recently. Please go through this thread. TPMS (SensAiry : An app-based TPMS)
Old 30th August 2019, 07:19   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

5. HUD -

This was one other thing that had my fascination. I kept on searching different places, forums and websites for the same. Lastly, I took a plunge and got this - removed as it was not loading. Search on Amazon for Head Up Display Car HUD and you'll get lots of option. This gets connected to the OBD2 port by an adapter which comes with the display.
]
Wow, that's a whole lot of tasteful and nifty features for the vehicle !! Especially the HUD looks great. I tried looking up on Amazon,most of them have a 3 or 3.5 star rating and I was not sure which brand is this particular one. Can you share which one is this and a couple of sentences on its performance, thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 10:13   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Wow, that's a whole lot of tasteful and nifty features for the vehicle !! Especially the HUD looks great. I tried looking up on Amazon,most of them have a 3 or 3.5 star rating and I was not sure which brand is this particular one. Can you share which one is this and a couple of sentences on its performance, thanks
Thanks. The HUD is not from any known brand. It had cost some 2k in one Amazon sale.

It shows the correct speed, helps me in setting my cruise control at say 95kmph in a 100kmph zone. RPM is also correct. But what I like is the battery voltage before, during and after cranking. It shows the correct value as cross checked at MASS. During the day, it has some glare when the Sun is at some angle to HUD, but otherwise one can see it. At night, it is quite prominent. It was installed just over the speedo console initially but was a distraction at night. Now at present location, I can see the speed with my peripheral vision. It has an on-off switch so I switch it off after any drive and switch it on only before starting. The actual HUDway cast glass is very costly and needs a smartphone to work. I wasn't keen on that. The link that I've been trying to share somehow leads to a broken page.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-screenshot_20190830091024__01.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-screenshot_20190830091033__01.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-screenshot_20190830091040__01.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-screenshot_20190830091047__01__01.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-screenshot_20190830091055__01.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-screenshot_20190830091107__01.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 09:09   #71
BHPian

Quote:
The fire extinguisher is the one from Ceasefire that's for cars. It's an iron cylinder which is heat proof to be kept in cars.
Thanks, that's perfect. Will order 1Kg variant for myself soon. In my 2010 WagonR LPG duo, maruti provided very good quality 1Kg cylinder. I wonder why car manufacturers do not bundle it with all cars irrespective of fuel type.
nishp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 22:51   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Birthday gift to my Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+

Quote:
Micro-Fogs
I've changed the setup of working of Micro Fogs. Now I've tapped low beam of headlights for fog high beam. So when I switch on fog lamps, only fogs work. When I switch on low beam of headlights, still only fog low beam will work. High beam activates only when I click on the switch on my gear lever. The fog lamp high beam is independent of the headlight high beam.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190924_213705.jpg

Fog lamp switch on - Micro Fog low beam on.
1 plus headlight's low beam on - Both Micro fogs as well as headlights work in low beam only.
2 plus gear lever switch on - Micro fogs high beam also activated with headlight's low beam only.
3 plus headlight high beam on - All in high beam now.
Gear lever switch off - Only headlights in high beam, Micro fogs in low beam only.
Fog lamp switch off - Headlights working as per the switch position.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 23:28   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Something new. Work is not yet over so details later. It's another DIY project, although have tried to be more refined and as good and functional as it gets.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20191008_232728.jpg
Tried my hand at this.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20191008_232622.jpg
It looks somewhat like this.

Another satisfying DIY in progress.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 08:47   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Something new.

Another satisfying DIY in progress.
The thread of this DIY is live here. - Puddle_Lamps (DIY : Fitting Puddle Lamps on my Maruti Vitara Brezza)
Old 26th December 2019, 20:39   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Rear seat passengers used to complain about poor sound quality and not being able to hear songs properly. The rear speakers of Brezza are fixed in lower part of doors, just like front ones. The front also gets a pair of tweeters that makes the audio experience better. I'm not an audiophile so did not succumb to urge of upgrading the stock speakers. Dr. Parvez (XRoader_001) had installed MGA Hertz tweeters in his Brezza since a long time and he did say that once it's done, there is no need to upgrade the stock speakers. So I also took the plunge. Got the part number from him and placed an order with my local MASS guy. Part arrived in a week and I fixed it about 2 weeks back. I don't have snaps while doing installation as I was doing it alone. I'll explain a few things in detail.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20191226_133828.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20191226_133902.jpg
The Hertz Tweeters.

The Hertz tweeters come with a crossover. I seriously have no idea what a crossover is and was clueless how to connect them. The installation manual had many things except how to connect (More on it here). Again, Dr. Parvez to rescue. He checked with his local MASS installer and told me that the input wires to crossover is from the respective side speakers and output to tweeters.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20191226_133948.jpg
The crossover. Input from speakers and output to tweeters.

Now question was, where to fix them. He has fixed them on back side of car, where the seatbelts are. I was not keen on that place for 2 main reasons. Firstly the wires needed to be passed beneath many panels and I was not confident of removing and fixing them back properly. Also, the wires would have to be connected to the speaker wires and identifying them would have been as issue with me. Secondly, they would sit right behind the ears of passengers and I found that it might not be good.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img20171227wa0007.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img20171227wa0006.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img20191119wa0003.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img20191119wa0005.jpg
Tweeters as fixed by Dr. Parvez.

So I followed the front setup. The door panel was removed after carefully removing the puddle lamps and other attachments. Then the tweeter base was fixed. I've fixed it to the door panel just near the top facing the rear seat. This solved the issue of removing and fixing other panels plus wiring part. The plastic base that came with the tweeter is fixed to panel with screws and the tweeters are inserted into them and locked. The wire was passed through the base inside the panel. The tweeters may look awkward as they're not sitting flush with panel. There was an attachment to fix it flush but the tweeters wouldn't have got locked firmly due to thickness and curvature of panel. The wire is then connected to the wires of crossover and soldered. The crossover is firmly fixed to inner side of panel using a zip tie and plastic glue. Then the wires for input are connected to the speakers by splicing them and directly inserting them in speaker coupler and locking them. The wires were checked for pullout by exerting force but it didn't come out. So practically, no original wires were spliced. The wires were secured and loose ends tied up. Panel was fixed back.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20191226_185224.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20191226_185237.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-pixlr_20191226133642457.jpg
The Tweeters as fixed by me.

The audio quality has improved leaps and bounds after this install. My mother, wife and son are happy with the setup. And for front passengers also, the quality is better than earlier.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 26th December 2019 at 21:05.
BoneCollector is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks