Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2016, 22:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report

Congrats buddy, Great choice of car! Enjoy the drive & admiration!
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 09:31   #32
BHPian

Missed to mention about an emission update done at Sky Moto on 20th October. No noticeable change in performance so I am taking FASS words that it was indeed only an emission update.

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_4587.jpg
Moto_Hill is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 14:31   #33
BHPian

Fiat makes beautiful cars IMHO. Yours looks delightful in white.
Had a pleasure(readrivilege) of owning the Linea turbojet in red(cherry like).

Built like a tank, affordable like competitors, rides like a class above.
I wonder what's going wrong for Fiat in sales volumes.
Nitish.arnold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 16:13   #34
BHPian

Welcome to the Fiat Club.

Thanks for the review, it was a nice read.

I am one of the initial Punto Evo 90HP owner's from Fiat Caffe in Pune (Now closed).

2 years of ownership, 22000 kms done and I must say you would be very happy to hear, I am proud to have bought this Italian Ride home.

Happy Mile munching to you.

Last edited by Sudeep_Kimster : 24th November 2016 at 16:14. Reason: spelling updations
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 16:20   #35
BHPian

Many many congratulations buddy, you have indeed got yourself a ride that will always bring a smile to your face!
I am one of the earliest Punto customers and have completed 103k kms in the 7 years i've had her so far. And believe me she's just getting better with age (i have permanent smile plastered on my face on my highway drives!)
Wish you a great ownership experience with your beauty! Cheers!
abhii176 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 14:07   #36
BHPian

Minor update and a good news: Got the fog cover replaced at Sky Moto last sunday. Mario clocked 11k kms.

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_4656.jpg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_4654.jpg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_4662.jpg

And the good news, a new FASC is now open in neighborhood (within 5 km) It is not updated in Fiat website still. I received a text yesterday and confirmed from the given contact number. Location makes a lot of sense as I see lot of Fiats in Nagar Road.

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_4668.jpg
Moto_Hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 16:53   #37
BHPian

Haven't been able to take Mario for longer runs since last 20 so days.

A much needed detailing session is due in coming weekend. Also planning to get some vinyl wrap. Red gloss lip work and carbon fiber treatment around rear number plate.

Noticed a faint rattle from right rear on bad roads. Self diagnostic will be done before heading to FASC for 15k service. As feared earlier, the left rear power window has become lazy again. Only relief is that it's sticking to a certain slowness and not getting worse.

On a good note, the 3rd, 4th and 5th gears are much more free revving now. Earlier I used to feel engine demanding top gear post 70~80 km/hr. Now, much steam is left on doing good speeds in 4th gear. Already 3 to 4 times I've caught myself running the car in 4th gear where I was in the impression of top gear drive.

Wheel alignment and tyre rotation was pending since long, so got it done last weekend from a reputed place having Hunter machine.

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-wa1.jpg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-wa2.jpg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-wa3.jpg

Last edited by Moto_Hill : 23rd December 2016 at 17:09. Reason: Adding content.
Moto_Hill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 15:12   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Noticed a faint rattle from right rear on bad roads. Self diagnostic will be done before heading to FASC for 15k service.
Paid a visit to Rudra Motors for the issue. Since the ASC is quite new, there is not much load and I was attended immediately. Skillful Mr. Asif diagnosed the problem with the alignment/setting of right rear door lock. After few settings and testings, the problem was rectified to my satisfaction.He also checked engine oil and topped up some 200 ml. I also asked them to check a very faint humming noise from AC, which they told was normal. I came back impressed with the approach of Rudra Motors. They listened to the problems patiently and were not in a hurry to solve them. Moreover, they came to conclusions only after thorough checking. (relieved that I did not hear "ye normal hai sir" even before looking). The set up is not yet fully operational though, they don't have WA/WB facility as on now. It would take another week I was told. With the competence of Mr. Asif and Mr. Nasir and the service center located at just 3 KM from my place, I feel Mario is covered very well for her servicing/maintenance needs.

Quote:
Wheel alignment and tyre rotation was pending since long, so got it done last weekend from a reputed place having Hunter machine.
As was the case with earlier tyre rotation (at 5k). This time also, I am feeling slight left pulling. Is it normal after rotation ? Will get it checked once Rudra Motors stars WA/WB services.

Mario has covered 12k of trouble free kilometers. Few pics as a norm

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_4804.jpg

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-fullsizerender-2.jpg

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-fullsizerender-3.jpg
Moto_Hill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 17:47   #39
BHPian

15k Service Update

So what did you miss the most in these 40 odd days? asked my orthopedic, while gently twisting my ankle in every possible direction.

I sighed and said "I missed driving (Mario) the most". This was my third and last visit to the doc for treatment of badly sprained left ankle.

A wrong landing of foot on the staircase of my apartment lead to awkward twist of the ankle. Called up few friends to take me to the hospital, but since it was office hours, no one was available immediately. Unable to even stand properly, I decided to take a plunge and drive down to the hospital, which is at just one km distance from my place. I limped inside Mario, ultra slowly pressed the clutch, cranked the engine, engaged the first gear and let the car crawl without any further inputs. Thankfully there was no traffic and I didn't have to press the clutch again untill I reached there. First time in my ownership experience I felt the clutch travel too long and need for an AMT .

Finally after 1.5 months, I am fit enough to drive properly. Mario has seen no roads all this time and odo stands at 13500 km. Got a call from Rudra motors about the summer camp Fiat is currently running. Decided to get the service done, which was anyhow due next month.

Service update @ Rudra Motors, Mileage: 13500 Km

The service was performed diligently. All the points mentioned in manual were covered. They also checked underbody and suspensions thoroughly. Knowing about my awareness, they did not push for any unwanted product/treatment.

Issues reported and status

1) One of the three locks of the front RH Fog lamp was broken. Though the lamp is firmly in place, there's a small gap between lamp and its cover. Remember, in my dislikes I told about lack of child parts. This is classic example. The locks are part of lamp itself and doesn't come separately. Will cost Rs. 3200/-

Status: Left it as it is for now, will check some aftermarket fix.

2) Intermittent faint noise from AC blower as if some leaves have made their way to the aircon system.

Status: As per them, it's normal sound and nothing is wrong. For my satisfaction, they removed blower and cleaned it. I haven't heard the sound since then. EDIT: Update posted here

3) Slight left pulling since last tyre rotation

Status: Completely rectified by wheel alignment and tyre rotation.

4) Rear AC grill direction knob broken.

Total service cost: Rs. 7150/- including car perfume and windshield washer. Will post the detailed break-up and bill later.

Some servicing pictures:

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5152.jpg

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5250.jpg

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5251.jpg

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5255.jpg

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-1.jpg

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-fullsizerender-3.jpg

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_4876.jpg

It's almost 12 months and 14k kms since I got Punto home. The bond is getting stronger day by day. She hasn't bored me a slightest till now and has been a reliable companion (knock-wood). I still look back and smile at her after parking. Her breed is dangerously close to getting distinct. The car would never fail me, her maker would anytime though.

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_4822.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th April 2017 at 15:55. Reason: Adding link to blower update
Moto_Hill is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 12:13   #40
BHPian

Re: My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report:Edit- A.C. blower changed under Warranty

Quote:
Intermittent faint noise from AC blower as if some leaves have made their way to the aircon system.

Status: As per them, it's normal sound and nothing is wrong. For my satisfaction, they removed blower and cleaned it.
I wasn't at peace with this seldom noise. There was no impact in A.C. performance. The noise was coming after running aircon for 30-40 minutes in full auto mode and then setting fan to low speed (since at high speeds, the normal blower sound was taking over it). Moreover, one could only hear it clearly in silent ambience.

It was hard to convince FASS about the problem, So I asked them to raise a complaint with their remarks (of not finding any issue) with Fiat. I planned to contact Fiat directly once my request gets rejected.

After a week, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Fiat had decided to change the blower under warranty. Though the part was not in stock and it took another week to arrive. Got it replaced yesterday.

The new blower
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5357.jpg

Being replaced
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5360.jpg

and the outgoing one
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5361.jpg

I have driven around 60 km post replacement and so far it's a quite cockpit once again .
Moto_Hill is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 23:41   #41
BHPian

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report

Moto Hill: Fiat might have a bad name as far as A.S.S is considered but the warranty claims are honored with ease by fiat. I have got changed the following items in 2 years of ownership of my fiat Punto 90hp :

1) The front ac chamber, just above ICE
2) Rear right door lock
3) Front right window motor
4) Driver seat height adjuster

Enjoy your ride.
Waspune is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 11:40   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Moto Hill: Fiat might have a bad name as far as A.S.S is considered but the warranty claims are honored with ease by fiat.
Right. That too when I was not even able to convince about the problem to A.S.S.

Quote:
I have got changed the following items in 2 years of ownership of my fiat Punto 90hp :

1) The front ac chamber, just above ICE
2) Rear right door lock
3) Front right window motor
Can you please share the problems you faced ? Would be of help for others
Old 21st April 2017, 17:07   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Right. That too when I was not even able to convince about the problem to A.S.S.

Can you please share the problems you faced ? Would be of help for others
Here you go:

1) The front ac chamber, just above ICE: There was an alignment problem and that ac vent chamber wasnt fixed properly on the right side. It was something that could be seen only by a keen eye. But it was replaced without any pestering.
2) Rear right door lock : One fine day when I was locking the car from the remote, the rear right door wasnt getting locked so got it changed next morning.
3) Front right window motor: The driver side window was making some noise while moving up and down when the window was in the middle.
4) Driver seat height adjuster: The driver seat height adjuster wasnt retaining the height that I had set and was going down on its own so got it changed.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 17:24   #44
BHPian

This picture should sum up the reason for not updating the report for so long. We became proud parents of a baby girl. Her first ever ride happened in Punto aka Mario. May be one day she'll quote this in her introduction here .
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-12.jpg

Mario has completed trouble free 18k km. There hasn't been any modification or long drives since my last updates. The past few months have been pretty occupied, both personally and professionally. It has been mainly home and office commute with occasional city drives.

There are three race track like curves on my daily commute and no matter how light my mood is or how sedately I am driving, the adrenaline just kicks in seeing those curves (never happens when I do the same route in the office provided Scorpio or colleague's Tiago). It's like someone hits sports mode to take the corners enthusiastically and in the process leaving a wide grin on my face. It's in the DNA of the Punto. The Apollo alnac 4G tyres have had around 6-7 punctures between them. I can't blame the rubber as the approach road to my residence is in pretty bad shape with potholes and sharp stones. I have switched to nitrogen and this has reduced frequent visits to tyre shop for air filling.
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5703.jpg

Diagnostic and possible fix of Punto door noise

I had previously reported about the right rear door noise which was rectified at FASC by adjusting/aligning the door striker. Recently, the problem surfaced in front left door and same striker adjustment was done to solve the issue. The lock striker in punto rests on only two bolts and due to heavy doors, the striker gets misaligned with regular use. A week back when the driver side door also started knocking/creaking, I decided to wrap the area with electrical insulation tape and voila the irritating noise is 100% gone. This might sound a temporary fix, but it is holding good. Moreover, I wasn't happy getting the alignment done every time. Here's the pic of a striker.
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-fullsizerender.jpg

The placement of 12V power socket is pathetic to say the least. Till recently, the cover of it used to open every time I operated hand brakes or while cleaning the area, now the problem is gone since the fragile cover is no more. The guys at a washing center did the favor . Since I don't use the socket, I should have been proactive and saved the poor soul.
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5744.jpg

The secret mini compartment in glove box is a rattle magnet. It has the worst locking mechanism one could find in cars. The lock lever is just too small to take weight of panel. This makes panel to vibrate on bad roads. I've put a foam strip to minimize the rattle. It is anyway useless and I plan to remove it completely.
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5745.jpg

I have always been a soft music listener, the reason why I never complained about the speakers of Mario. But off late I've started developing a liking for loud music and though the sound quality is decent, the speakers tend to crack/distort when subjected to high bass. So the first thing to be upgraded would be a nice ICE set-up.

Few Pictures during recent cleaning exercise.
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5735.jpg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5736.jpg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5748.jpg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5742.jpg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5737.jpg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5747.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-img_5738.jpg  

Moto_Hill is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 16:38   #45
BHPian

Long due updates:

Haven’t been able to crunch as many miles as I would have liked. Primary reason being my lil one demanding all the time and she’s too young to be on road trips. The odo stands close to 22k. Got Punto serviced last Saturday, below is the summary;

3rd free service
Mileage - 21800 kms
Service centre - Rudra Motors

Although the due date was in March, the engine oil was already 9k old, so decided to advance the service.

- All the oils and filters were changed.
- Got the doors aligned as the locks were making tak-tak sound.
- Hand brake was tightened and adjusted.
- There was a faint noise coming from steering column. The culprit was a loose screw. It was in really tight location. The SA asigned the job to a thin framed technician, who used his flexible body to solve the issue.
- Got new rear wiper blade.
- Refused WA/WB since I already got it done from outside two weeks back.
- I asked them to check suspension mounts as there was a clunking sound coming on bad roads. It turned out that the strut mount pads are in bad condition. Unfortunately, the parts weren’t in stock and will be replaced soon under warranty. Is it normal for mount rubber to wear at just 22k?

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-4dd61f3570264c77a19684ab21a9b406.jpeg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-acfcac6644824e6886da5f30e2a77215.jpeg

I have also asked the SA to raise a warranty claim for left rear slowed down power window. The lubrication in every two weeks does help the matter. The warranty will expire next year and it’s a good idea to get rid of problematic parts before the replacement costs starts to haunt.

Total bill came to 10k, which includes 800 for wiper blade and 1k for cleaning and polishing.

Fiat service experience is best for the ones who wish to stay and be a part of whole process. I get good advise from the technicians and they answer my never ending queries with a smile. They also don’t push for any unwanted product/service.

The senior technician who took trial run was impressed the way I have maintained the car. The brakes still have progressive bite and clutch as smooth as new.

I have finally zeroed in on Car Cupid for seat covers. Have ordered for the art leather ones. The customisation will take another two days. Will probably go this weekend for installation which is 4~5 hours job.

Few servicing and random pics

My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-b74fc014b59640c19e73ca0bfd69a731.jpeg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-ded3888fc34c447daf6e05ed26908a82.jpeg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-7757e3d6b87945789fce159c6fbb474e.jpeg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-d64cf2c3cb3a4bf4994c8a2cf7675a5a.jpeg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-26d1ac5eca844ba68583b4931a63c4ec.jpeg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-65c18564184a4f34b3ee5598e8557f2a.jpeg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-8f0b6dc38dc2477fbae9e7c5c00308ec.jpeg
My Pearl White Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP - An honest report-daf9097d5269419ab8cbfde6411c400c.jpeg
Moto_Hill is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks