Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2019, 12:05   #61
BHPian

Re: Driven: Volvo S90

Thank you for taking time to share what is possibly the only ownership review of the newer S90

A few clarifications please for my purely academic interest:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRV View Post
CTA (Cross Traffic Alert): This is additional layer of safety that compliments your camera view when you are reversing. This is very useful as we park along side the road and when we reverse out, there is a risk of collision with approaching vehicle or person.
Lower down the spectrum, cars like my Grand i10 beep when someone crosses while reversing. How is CTA different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRV View Post
City Alert...it breaks automatically.
Aren't you worried about getting rear ended when the car suddenly brakes? Can you tune the 'strength' of braking?
Old 27th December 2019, 20:19   #62
GRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Thank you for taking time to share what is possibly the only ownership review of the newer S90

A few clarifications please for my purely academic interest:

Lower down the spectrum, cars like my Grand i10 beep when someone crosses while reversing. How is CTA different?

Aren't you worried about getting rear ended when the car suddenly brakes? Can you tune the 'strength' of braking?
Hi
Let me attempt to answer with my limited experience and understanding of these two features
1. CTA : I think CTA is an extension of sensor based beeping. Sensor has a range (may be a couple of feet), CTA is Radar based which most likely has larger range. Hence CTA gives you alarm, even the object has not come in the view of rear camera or sensor

2. I have seen 3 options for Sudden braking. The options are , quick response, normal response and late response. and the braking is done keeping in mind my car speed, speed of car in front and distance between the two cars. a few occasions, when my car has applied brake automatically, I realized that it was may be a fraction of seconds earlier, if I would have applied the brakes myself.

Hope I was able to clarify.

Regards
GRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 19:55   #63
BHPian

Spare tyre for a Volvo S90 Polestar

MY neighbor owns a Volvo S90 pole star.

One tyre has gone flat and needs replacement. He's unable to find a single replacement tyre at a fair cost - Tyre experts on this forum please advise on where to buy a replacement at a fair price in Bangalore.

Size is ( 245/45/ R18 - 100W - Image has been attached ). Original tyres are Pirelli P-Zero.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: Volvo S90-polestar-tyre-size.jpeg  

shastryBLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 00:20   #64

Hey friends
Using a s90 D4 inscription and quite baffled as to how the gearbox feels so mechanical that it scares me as to what if the gearbox break. The shift from park to drive is smooth because I do it In one go but the shift from drive to park is hard because I pause at reverse. I can literally feel the cable moving to park

Anything you recommend doing for this for the drive is never jerky nor do I feel other issues. Does the hard shift in the gear lever warrant a visit to the dealer. My major point of concern being the physical effort to push the lever from reverse to parking. And the mechanical feeling of the cable moving to park with occasional clunks. Pls guide me the dealer says it’s normal
Old 13th August 2023, 00:57   #65
BHPian

Aftermarket full underbody protection options for Volvo

I am planning to buy a Volvo S90. The car has a ground clearance of 152 mm which is prone to underbody scraping due to the Indian road conditions. Even if one upgrades the wheels ( ofcourse with the risk of Rim damage due to reduced sidewalls which is an additional issue) the maximum ground clearance one can attain that is approved by Volvo is 165 mm ( 245 / 35R21 ).

Volvo offers an accessory called the Engine Protection Plate ( Link given below). It is basically a underbody Protection skid. However, it does not cover the full underbody. The description on Volvo's website states that it would protect the Engine, Oil Sump and transmission.

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-516209/2023

Diagrams showing exact details of installation can be seen on the following link:

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en.../S90(17-)/2023

However, there are reports and discussions on this forum as well as YouTube and other sources on the internet showing availability of aftermarket full underbody Protection skids which would, as the name suggests, cover the entire underbody although only for 4 x 4 vehicles and I could not find anything of that sort for the sedans

Therefore, I request the learned members of this forum to shed light on whether any such options are available for the S90.

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by adasisthefuture : 13th August 2023 at 01:02. Reason: Tyre size specification correction and link to installation diagrams added.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks