Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2017, 11:38   #16
BHPian

Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Great review! About rusted tie rod- why you wanna live with it with mere waxing. You can ask HASS to replace it under warranty. My 10 years old civic's tie rod or any other OEM suspension part did not have such bad rusting.
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 12:24   #17
BHPian

Awesome thread, shows how much love you have towards the car. First gen Jazz in India was love at first sight for me too, until the asking price went above 8 lakhs. Wishing you many more miles with your love.
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 12:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Nohonking, That is a lovely review of your Jazz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Massively detailed and wonderful report! Rated 5 stars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Excellent write up Nohonking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post
Fantastic review; great details for a wonderful Hatchback.
Many thanks AkMar, Reinhard and Flanker99 for all the appreciation. Means a lot to me for this is my very first ownership review on Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Wish you many happy miles with your Jazz.
- Fellow Jazz owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Wishing you many more miles with your love.
Thanks a lot v6kgang!

Thanks again Flanker99! A road trip to Rameswaram and Kaniyakumari is expected to utilize the yearend leaves in December!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
Fantastic review! You beat me to the Jazz ownership review - though mine is diesel VX. Are those Honda supplied DRLs? Have you faced any rattle issues?
Thanks very much feluda86! No, no, can't just beat anyone. I simply made an attempt to pen down all that was there in my top floor.

No, these aren't Honda provided DRLs, although I wish Honda should have these in their line of accessories. These are international OEM replacement DRLs which comply with Asian Jazz standard of 4Watts x 2 = 8Watts.

Yes, I faced rattles and I have mentioned it in detail in this review. All overcome and at present she is rattle free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Fabulous thread.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
They charged me 32 units of engine oil (100 ml) which matches what the owners manual says. It looks as though the SVCs in your city have been taking owners for a ride and charging a few hundred extra rupees from unsuspecting owners. Do escalate the issue and get a refund from the SVC!
Thanks neil.jericho. Also thanks for confirming 32 quantities of 100ml. Makes sense to highlight this. Will update on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Great review! About rusted tie rod- why you wanna live with it with mere waxing. You can ask HASS to replace it under warranty. My 10 years old civic's tie rod or any other OEM suspension part did not have such bad rusting.
Thanks techcoze. Well, even my 9 years old City ZX doesn't have rusted tie rods. You are correct, let me not live with them and take this up with Honda. Thanks again!

Last edited by Nohonking : 23rd June 2017 at 12:52.
Nohonking is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 20:02   #19
BHPian

Having owned the 1st Gen jazz, then the Civic and now the new jazz, I totally agree with your observations of the company's ASCs. Try as hard as I did, I have never been allowed to stand next to my car during the service. Have tried 3 different service centers without any difference in either the standards or the attitude. In fact during the recent first service of my current jazz, the car wasn't even moved into the compound from the road with the SA coolly announcing that all checks had been completed.
I feel you have to live with these irritants..
I forgot to congratulate you on your wonderful taste in sprucing yup your car. I would also request you to add other links for your purchase in this review of yours to make it a one stop guide for everyone.
Lastly, a wonderfully lucid review with astute observations on the practices of the ASCs.

Last edited by handsofsteel : 23rd June 2017 at 20:04. Reason: Added a short note
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 21:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
I forgot to congratulate you on your wonderful taste in sprucing yup your car. I would also request you to add other links for your purchase in this review of yours to make it a one stop guide for everyone.
Lastly, a wonderfully lucid review with astute observations on the practices of the ASCs.
Thank you handsofsteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
Try as hard as I did, I have never been allowed to stand next to my car during the service.
Believe, you'd have to be blunt enough to politely speak that you do not trust them and hence, as the owner of your car, it is your right to see what is happening behind the curtain. That's what I have been doing.

As mentioned by me, there have been some good experiences as well at ASC, but for the fact that even one instance is enough to lose that trust while it takes ages and consistency to build it. At the moment I am rather feeling duped and its really taking on my nerves for I having happily swiped my card for 3.6L and 3.7L of engine oil(respectively at 2 different ASCs) for 3.2L at drain. It is unfair and unethical. I'll escalate this matter in HCIL. Fortunately I am preserving both the bills.

More importantly, I wonder that how many customers would these Honda ASCs be billing incorrectly everyday taking undue advantage of their innocence?

Thanks!

Last edited by Nohonking : 23rd June 2017 at 21:24. Reason: typo / punctuation error
Old 25th June 2017, 03:00   #21
BHPian

Hello from Noida, NoHonking. Excellent, well detailed review, succinct and informative. And good to see a happy V owner!

I am about to pick up a V MT, and guess i find some of the accessories a must have. Can you help me with the make/model of the DRLs, and where you sourced it from. Also, the armrest, looks cool and functional. Is it a Honda accessory, or an aftermarket product?

Am also thinking of going for the rear spoiler as it looks awesome on VX variant, but the length looks tad less than the one Honda fits in VX. Will look at dealer location to get a better perspective.
maverickzCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 10:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickzCar View Post
Hello from Noida, NoHonking. Excellent, well detailed review, succinct and informative. And good to see a happy V owner!
Thanks maverickzCar for your words of praise. You guys keep me rationale!

Yes, with all those spruce-ups, it certainly becomes a perfect car to complement my sedate style of driving.

Quote:
I am about to pick up a V MT, and guess i find some of the accessories a must have. Can you help me with the make/model of the DRLs, and where you sourced it from.
I am glad, my review has come as an aid to you in making your decisions. Well, coming to the DRLs unfortunately Honda has made a big miss by not even offering it under the line of accessories. I did a lot of research on DRLs to finally order them from a vendor in Karol Bagh(New Delhi) who took a good time to source a single set for me from Thailand local market. I couldn't find a brand tagged to these but believe it to have originated from Taiwan. The installation was easy and the assembly came with a vibration sensor relay to automatically turn them on the moment engine is cranked and turn them off ~3 seconds past turning the engine off.

Left of fog lamp, notice the slot and screw holes already provisioned by Honda to accommodate the DRL
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-drl-slot.jpg

Quote:
Also, the armrest, looks cool and functional. Is it a Honda accessory, or an aftermarket product?
Yes, it indeed offers a utility. Offers a console box which I use to store toll receipts, sticky notes, pen and a sanitizer and still has some space to accommodate more. Unfortunately Honda offers only a black armrest despite 4 out of 5 variants feature beige colored seats. That's the strongest reason for me having gone with an aftermarket armrest. This armrest is basically for Honda Fit (left hand drive) but does perfectly well with our Jazz in India. I sourced it from Hong Kong via a seller on Ali Express. Installation was an easy DIY at home. The only downsides, not a rock solid and a sturdy built, although enough to rest your elbow and no feature to pivot it up, although it features fore and aft movement and pivoting to the left in extended position.

Quote:
Am also thinking of going for the rear spoiler as it looks awesome on VX variant, but the length looks tad less than the one Honda fits in VX. Will look at dealer location to get a better perspective.
I too had a similar thought and checked with the dealer but no option. No way to have VX sporty spoiler fitted on a V trim. Firstly, the high mount stop lamp is built in the VX spoiler unlike the V where it is features on the diffuser end. Secondly, a spare VX spoiler can be ordered only for a VX variant against its VIN. The only way out is to opt for the one in accessory line. Nevertheless it looks cool besides being fitted well and painted with OEM Honda paint to match 100% with your car. Cost ~10,300/-. Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 25th June 2017 at 10:38. Reason: punctuation error
Old 25th June 2017, 19:31   #23
BHPian

Very thorough review Nohonking, great work. It is quite disheartening to hear about the duplicity at the service centers. Have you explored other options like Bosch/ other FNGs? Or are you staving that thought off due to possible warranty issue? Getting a guy you trust to work on your vehicle can make a whole lot of difference.
Ruchitya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 01:31   #24
BHPian

Thanks a bunch NoHonking. I picked the car today...and it indeed is a great machine. Loving the superlow NVH and exceptionally smooth ride

Will pm you to connect for a few initial queries
maverickzCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 11:12   #25
BHPian

Well reviewed NoHonking. I'm waiting for my Jazz V MT to be registered and delivered this week and it's my first car as well.
Yieldway17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 16:20   #26
BHPian

nohonking,

Superb report! Really an insight into practical Jazz ownership! Very detailed and informative. Anyone who would dream about owning a Jazz or any Honda should read this to make a well-informed decision.
Romins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 17:57   #27
BHPian

Added today, a pinch of red hot JDM spice! Tastes good. Its a sweet looking piece of craft
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-pinch-jdm-spice.jpg

For those not aware, JDM is an acronym for Japanese Domestic Market. Unlike the rest, the JDM spec "H" is submerged in red.

Cheers!

Last edited by Nohonking : 30th June 2017 at 18:00.
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 19:55   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Nohonking, first congratulations on a detailed well written review with lots of pictures to illustrate your points. Clearly a lot of effort has gone in from you side for the benefit of all of us . We may have to change your handle to Jazz King!

As a fellow Jazz owner (7 years) and lover I cannot but agree whole heartedly that this is a bugs bunny car you fall in love with. Its full name is Miss Honda R Jazz. The R being for Reliability. Note it is a 'Miss' not a'Mr'!! I agree with your assessment that Honda's service sharpness has fallen over the years. Sad for a company which otherwise has such fine design & engineering capabilities. May you buy many more cars and give us many more reviews like this one. - Narayan

PS: I hope you talk to her and pat her occasionally. I do
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 17:27   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Filled up those gaps! Confronted those compromises! Jazzed up my Jazz!
Thanks for this, from a fellow Jazz CVT owner. Excellent in-depth review, the love for your car reflects in it.

If I may ask, which dealership service center did you visit? I recently did my second service from Ring Road Honda, GGN. I just want to be a tad careful before the oil change.

One thing I noticed before my first service was that the AC was not up to the mark. I had casually mentioned this to the SA during the first visit to which he said he would check and I did not bother much after that. But come summer I really felt the cabin was kind of humid during the daytime, even though it felt that the AC was working fine during evening/night. Initially I thought it must be the high temperatures hovering around 48 deg but I felt the difference when I sat in my friend's Maruti SX4.
The day I went for second service I mentioned this again assertively and made him write it down on the sheet. Turned out it was something with the AC gas and a AC gas recycle had been down, which was also mentioned in the service sheet. I could immediately feel the difference when I took out the car from the center.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd July 2017 at 17:34.
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:18   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Nohonking, first congratulations on a detailed well written review with lots of pictures to illustrate your points. Clearly a lot of effort has gone in from you side for the benefit of all of us . We may have to change your handle to Jazz King!
Thanks a zillion for such an honor. Yet again you made it my day.

Quote:
Its full name is Miss Honda R Jazz. The R being for Reliability. Note it is a 'Miss' not a'Mr'!!
Now this is something really hilarious. Taking the screen-shot of your lovely response on T-BHP app, I shared it with a few of fellow Jazz owners(non-BHPians) and other automotive enthusiasts around the country. This certainly demonstrates how much you do love your car. And honestly speaking, I love the previous gen(2nd generation) more than the mine(3rd gen). Probably for its superior quality and perhaps the love at first sight.

Quote:
I agree with your assessment that Honda's service sharpness has fallen over the years. Sad for a company which otherwise has such fine design & engineering capabilities.
That's where Honda seriously needs to focus. While MSIL has come up with Nexa experience as a step towards premium, HCIL's graph has been slopping downwards from the good 'ol premium days.

Quote:
May you buy many more cars and give us many more reviews like this one. - Narayan
Thank you very much sir for your wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
Thanks for this, from a fellow Jazz CVT owner. Excellent in-depth review, the love for your car reflects in it.
Thanks a lot jaysonline. Makes me contended for my write-up coming useful to so many like yours.

Quote:
If I may ask, which dealership service center did you visit? I recently did my second service from Ring Road Honda, GGN. I just want to be a tad careful before the oil change.
Well, the 3rd free service was carried out at Ring Road Honda(Bas Engg. Pvt. Ltd), Sector-18, Gurgaon where they charged me for 3.6L 5w30.
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-bas-36-qty.jpg

4th service, I went for Pearl Honda(Kapsons Engineering Pvt. Ltd.) where they charged me 3.7L 0w20.
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-kapsons-37-qty2.jpg

Here's an abstract from Jazz owner's manual which clearly mentions 3.2L.
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-jazz-owners-manual.jpg

Well, with above pictures as attachments, I already have emailed Honda121 and yet to get any response. Also, I have emailed them requesting to provide me a solution for the rusted tie rods and waiting for a revert on it as well.

Quote:
One thing I noticed before my first service was that the AC was not up to the mark. I had casually mentioned this to the SA during the first visit to which he said he would check and I did not bother much after that.
AC gas needing recharge in a relatively new Honda car? Well, I am not really surprised. And SA taking you casually and missing your point, I am not surprised either. Well, you only need to take pains for its your car. I again emphasize, please stand besides your car in the workshop. I am happy though that the problem with air-con got resolved to your satisfaction.

I'll update the thread on what I hear from HCIL on both my points taken up with the. I am sure they will revert post investigations. Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 3rd July 2017 at 19:47. Reason: Picture needed editing to hide personal info.
Nohonking is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks