Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2017, 15:17   #16
BHPian

Re: My Mahindra XUV500 W6 Automatic : The Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBo View Post
Super review Mustang!
Hopefully I too will be a proud owner of the W6 AT soon!
Thanks KBo, and all the best on your upcoming vehicle purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase. Wishing you many miles of blissful trouble free ownership.

What is your opinion on the ride quality of the vehicle, since now you have clocked reasonable distance on the car.
Thanks JediKnight. I have driven the Duster for a bit (and its cousin, the Lodgy) so I can say that the ride quality of Duster is certainly better. I haven't been in a Scorpio, so can't compare. Overall, ride quality of XUV is bumpy at slow speeds, but at higher speeds it is well balanced. You do not need to slow down for bad roads or small potholes. Infact, in some bad stretches carrying a higher speed provides better ride. Highway ride is quite flat. My family had done a 1200 km trip, including hills, in a rental XUV and they were all very comfortable so we knew what we were getting when buying it.
If you are considering it, please do a long test drive with your family and see which vehicle works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Congratulations on the car. Beautiful colour as well!
Thanks for the compliments, vishy76.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Congrats!!

Is this the first W6 AT review in TBHP?

Regarding the paint swirl marks, its most likely due to 'cleaning' done at showroom. They use the same dusty cloth on all the cars and end up causing this.

The pics with hills in backdrop looks great. Was it around Ramanagara?
Yes, this might be the first W6 AT. The swirl marks look perfectly circular, so is it possible they used one of those applicator machines with weathered out pads ?

Thanks. The pics were taken near Cafe Coffee Day on the way to Kolar on NH 75 (co-ordinates: 13.136129, 78.015162)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshsp View Post
Lovely thread Mustang_Shelby.

I have a question for you on the Android Auto!

Do you have any idea on this please?
Thanks ganeshsp. The 'Apps' icon is not enabled in the home screen of my W6. I believe the wi-fi feature requires new hardware which is present only in the recent factory dispatches, and mine is Aug 2016. In your case, it might just be an issue of some settings. Have you tried out the video tutorials linked here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4187929

In case your XUV doesn't have the latest h/w, but the Connected Apps feature was advertised to you at the time of booking, you have a right to ask for a hardware upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Loely review and many congratulations!

The car come with a zillion swirl marks
Thanks Nonstop-driver. Yes, those swirl marks in a new vehicle do end up causing a bit of disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Lovely choice of color and you seem to be putting the XUV to good use.
Thanks, Neil Roy
mustang_shelby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 15:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Great review. I too got the XUV 500 AT recently, although mine is the 1.99L version, being based out of NCR.

One question. Do you have any trouble closing the driver side door while seated? Ive noticed that if it shut it like I would in any other car, the door doesnt shut completely, and needs a good solid pull to shut it. I've never had this in any other car I've driven.
Old 11th May 2017, 17:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
One question. Do you have any trouble closing the driver side door while seated? Ive noticed that if it shut it like I would in any other car, the door doesnt shut completely, and needs a good solid pull to shut it. I've never had this in any other car I've driven.
This is a common thing with all the doors and in all XUVs (mine too). The doors need a firm shut for a proper close. Please check out the XUV niggles thread for more such cases.
ganeshsp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 17:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Thanks ganeshsp. The 'Apps' icon is not enabled in the home screen of my W6. I believe the wi-fi feature requires new hardware which is present only in the recent factory dispatches, and mine is Aug 2016. In your case, it might just be an issue of some settings.
Hey, thanks for the link.

BTW, I'm talking about the hard 'App' button on the ICE hardware. I noticed that the button is present in your ICE too in one of the pictures you have put in this thread (please see below). I'm not aware of any 'Soft' App button available on screen.

So, what happens when you press the 'App' hard button that's in the ICE?

My Mahindra XUV500 W6 Automatic : The Wanderer-dsc05646.jpeg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th May 2017 at 08:48. Reason: Trying to reduce the image size
ganeshsp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 17:59   #20
BHPian

Congrats Man! That's one of my favorite cars(and color) on Indian roads.

You've got one of the better-suited floor mats for Indian cars. Are you sure that the mats you've received are from the dealer? (Doesn't Mahindra gives it with the new car?)
and yes, I saw that orange peel effect on an almost new black S-class as well

Wishing you many happy miles ahead!

Quote:
The doors need a firm shut for a proper close.
Isn't it an SUV thing? I've reported this in Discovery Sport and recently observed it in a Toyota LC too. Perhaps, Mahindra made it that way.
Think of it as some unsuspecting individual slamming the door in your car and you going
viren83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 18:15   #21
BHPian

Thanks for an awesome review Mustang. At around 17 lakhs the W6 variant looks value for money .
snaseer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 18:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I recently took the delivery of my XUV500 W6 Manual. I couldn't check the Apps available on the ICE. There is an "Apps" button on the ICE which is supposed to show the apps in the ICE. However, it gives me a message that the "Feature is not available".

Do you have any idea on this please?
As per manual of XUV500, Connected Apps is available only on W10 variant.

My Mahindra XUV500 W6 Automatic : The Wanderer-xuv_brochure_snapshot.jpg
PraNeel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 19:12   #23
BHPian

Many congratulations buddy. Wishing you many more safe miles. W6 AT is a great value for money, for the price and the features it offers.
Your car surely does need upgrade to alloys.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 20:54   #24
BHPian

Congrats and Thanks for the detailed review and insight into what to expect from a 17L macho.

Wish you a Happy and safe travels.

Long term ownership review is much awaited for future buyers (like me).
Any idea on how long you will be holding on to it 10 years/1 Km ? :-)
classicselva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 04:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Awesome review Mustang

Congratulations on acquiring this beast and keep munching miles with smile. XUV is one of the best VFM SUV's in the market and you have made a right choice going with the auto transmission.

Keep updating the thread with all your upgrades, service experiences and of course THE driving experience Have fun
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 08:31   #26
BHPian

" I keep an eye on the FE as sudden changes in FE indicate problems with either the car or fuel quality "

Wow. And I thought I was unique and too finicky who would also monitor the FE on day to day commutes with the same thought process

Last edited by FIAT3031 : 12th May 2017 at 08:33.
FIAT3031 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 10:26   #27
APV
BHPian

Congratulations. I am about take delivery of my Purple W8 later today and have included rear guard in the accessory list but it is not in stock with the dealer, so was planning to add later on.

Quote:
Booking, PDI and Delivery
I considered rear nudge guard but decided against it after some advice by fellow bhp-ians.
Could you please throw some light on why it is not suggested? Have been following all XUV threads in the forum but do not remember this suggestion, may have missed it.
APV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 12:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, thanks for the link.

So, what happens when you press the 'App' hard button that's in the ICE?
I get a message: "Feature is not available"

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post
Congrats Man! That's one of my favorite cars(and color) on Indian roads.

You've got one of the better-suited floor mats for Indian cars. Are you sure that the mats you've received are from the dealer? (Doesn't Mahindra gives it with the new car?)
and yes, I saw that orange peel effect on an almost new black S-class as well

Wishing you many happy miles ahead!
Thanks viren83. The mats came with the car, I didn't check if these were provided by dealer or came as part of kit from Mahindra. I am guessing these were from the dealer, since all the stuff that Mahindra sends would be dispatched in the car, and I found only wheel caps in the car when I first saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
Thanks for an awesome review Mustang. At around 17 lakhs the W6 variant looks value for money .
Thanks snaseer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Many congratulations buddy. Wishing you many more safe miles. W6 AT is a great value for money, for the price and the features it offers.
Your car surely does need upgrade to alloys.
Thanks behaln. Alloy upgrade will surely happen, but in due course of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Congrats and Thanks for the detailed review and insight into what to expect from a 17L macho.

Wish you a Happy and safe travels.

Long term ownership review is much awaited for future buyers (like me).
Any idea on how long you will be holding on to it 10 years/1 Km ? :-)
Thanks classicselva. I plan to hold it for 7-8 yrs. Whether I reach 1 lakh kms during that time remains to be seen. But 1 lakh kms does seem like a big number right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Awesome review Mustang

Congratulations on acquiring this beast and keep munching miles with smile. XUV is one of the best VFM SUV's in the market and you have made a right choice going with the auto transmission.

Keep updating the thread with all your upgrades, service experiences and of course THE driving experience Have fun
Thanks fusionbang. XUV is indeed VFM and can win a feature-bragging competition with any similarly priced vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APV View Post
Congratulations. I am about take delivery of my Purple W8 later today and have included rear guard in the accessory list but it is not in stock with the dealer, so was planning to add later on.

Could you please throw some light on why it is not suggested? Have been following all XUV threads in the forum but do not remember this suggestion, may have missed it.
Thanks for your wishes APV. On 2 counts I felt rear nudge guard was unnecessary. One, the build quality of XUV seems to be good enough to handle small nudges we get in traffic. This is what other owners mentioned and this was validated later in the rear-ending incident I mentioned in my review. Secondly, since nudge guard is bolted on the chassis, there is a chance of passing impact energy to the chassis and causing deformation in rear ending scenarios. I would rather let the rear bumper absorb the impact energy and be deformed. I realize I might be over-analyzing here, but I didn't feel the need for the rear nudge guard. I should also mention that this is not a vehicle that I drive daily, so the concern about nudges in traffic was not as strong for me.

Last edited by mustang_shelby : 12th May 2017 at 12:13.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 14:45   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
" I keep an eye on the FE as sudden changes in FE indicate problems with either the car or fuel quality "

Wow. And I thought I was unique
A famous tuner once told me the best way to gauge the health of your car is fuel economy. If the engine is healthy, its FE will be as expected.

Can't disagree with that, although I personally don't check the FE ever. Golden rule is, when the tank reaches the 1/4th level, I fill her up.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 16:12   #30
BHPian

Congratulations on getting your own Cheetah! Wishing you many happy miles and memories in the car.

Quote:
He also showed me a small handle to manually operate to use the last dregs of fuel in case the fuel tank runs out completely. This last one was new to me.
This is something which I am unaware of. Can you please click a picture of the handle and share it here? Also, is it mentioned in the owner's manual anywhere?

Cheerzzz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks