Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 12:31   #1
BHPian

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-515.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT 2013 - 2017 : Bahubali 1 - The beginning
New Ford Endeavour 4X4 AT - 2017 : Bahubali 2 - The Conclusion?

I would rather says it is another beginning with Bahubali 2. I am sure there would be Bahubali 3, 4 and so on.

Things I like:
1. Street presence. Well built all around.
2. Daytime running lights
3. Front grille
4. Softer ride and steering
5. SYNC 3
6. Quieter cabin (Active Noise Cancellation)

Things I dislike:
1. Rear looks
2. Tail-light cluster shape and colour
3. Flush fitting roof rails (difficult to hold)
4. Climate controls section of centre facia
5. Limited storage space in centre section
6. Missing auto high beam control
7. Missing rear ambient lights
8. Missing rear door scuff plates.

Introduction:
This thread is about my love for SUVs growing stronger day by day. Normally I move from SUVs to sedans, but not this time.

Ever since the launch of the new Ford Endevaour and new Fortuner in overseas markets and having seen them in the flesh, my mind started working towards selling my existing Fortuner (bought in 2013). But things had to wait for multiple issues like the SUV ban in Delhi NCR, a very busy 2016 and the dilemma of to be or not to be (to sell or not) as the existing Fortuner was still quite new.

Come 2017 and we finally decided to sell the Fortuner and the search for new cars started. The new SUV had to meet the following conditions:

1. Should be automatic as it will mainly be used for the daily urban commute (one of the prime reason for selling existing Fortuner)
2. Should be 4X4. No 4X4, No SUV! (Courtesy: Team-BHP)
3. Should have more than 2 airbags
4. Must be selling well in the market (for better resale value)
5. Seating comfort (my wife always complained of a harsh ride in the Fortuner)
6. Ease of driving a large SUV (Fortuner steering was a pain at low speeds and turning in tight spots)

As you can see above, my requirements were built out of missing or existing features in the Fortuner, but believe me, the new Fortuner was still on top of my car list.

The new Ford Endeavour and other alternatives considered:

Toyota Fortuner 2016
I had a short test drive and found it to be a totally different car compared to the outgoing one. Steering and seat comfort was still lagging, but still, I decided to give it a serious consideration. The same steering was a big boon on highways as it provided precise control. The LED lighting was another feature worth considering.

BMW X1
Had a detailed test drive of the S-Drive variant (X-Drive variant was not available) and instantly fell in love. Yes, it’s great to drive the new X1 on urban roads. I had to exercise a lot of self-control to resist the temptation. First of all, the 4X4 X-Drive variant is being discontinued and M Sports is sitting in another league - of the Q5 and Discovery. While the new X1 has paddle shifters, none of the variants has cruise control or auto brake. Deuten Moterien was in no mood to let me go and kept following up even after I bought the new Endeavour. They even invited me for the Performance Drive at BIC, but I opted out as it was being held on Friday (a working day).

Audi Q3
The Audi guys are yet to give me a test drive. After sending an email and the once in 2 week standard follow-up call, they never bothered to sell their car to me even though the Q3 being a 4X4 and rich in features was under serious consideration.

New Ford Endeavour
I must admit that I already had a soft corner for this car. It was mainly about the looks and ease of driving. Even though I did not get a proper test drive, I liked it more in comparison to above three. There was a confusion in variant selection, but unavailability of lower variants ensured that I went for the best. I loved the front look, DRLs, steering and dashboard.

I did a final negotiation with both - Ford and Toyota. Toyota did not show much interest in giving a discount, but agreed for outside insurance. Also, the New Fortuner had a waiting period of 45-60 days. On the other hand Ford gave a good discount and they had existing or incoming stocks. These factors further helped me in making a choice.

Colour Dilemma
As always there was a dilemma in colour selection - Sunset Red Vs White. The white was easily available, but I decided against it. Sunset Red was our first choice, but the last existing cars in stock (at a couple of Ford dealers whom I was in touch) got booked before we finalized and drew the cheque. Then came thoughts of Smoke Grey, as we really liked the Toyota Fortuner in dark grey. The Ford Smoke grey is of much different shade and no way near to Toyota though.

Booking and Delivery Experience
One fine day, my Fortuner's sale was finalised and I called both - Ford and Toyota for a final offer before I took a decision. Toyota was not very keen, but the Ford guy followed up with an upfront cash discount and promised to do better in person (with cheque book). One idea was to wait for the Sunset Red colour, but with confirmed news of a price hike effective from 1st April (3% on account of navigation), I settled for a March 2017-manufactured smoke grey coloured car. The car arrived at the dealer's stockyard on 28th March in the morning and I took delivery late evening on same day.

Car: New Ford Endeavour
Variant: 3.2L 4X4 AT
Trim: Titanium
Colour: Smoke Grey
Initial odometer reading: 65 KM (after 30 Km drive from stockyard)

Dealer: Gautam Budh Ford
Ex-showroom price: 30.90 lakhs
On-road price: 36.36 lakhs
Discount: 1.26 lakhs
Total Paid: 35.10 lakhs

Inclusions:
1. Rubber Mats
2. Extended warranty - 3rd years
3. SBI zero-dep insurance
4. Road tax, green cess and TCS
5. Five litres of diesel

Exclusions:
1. 25 litre of Diesel (immediately) - priceless as I barely made it to fuel station
2. Fancy registration number - Rs. XX,000 /-
3. Desi ghee laddoos 4 kg - Rs. 1,960/-

This is a relatively new dealership in NCR. Ford dealership are nowhere as well-trained, structured or well laid out like Toyota or Hyundai. But overall, I am happy with the dealer and the salesman so far. The sales guy is experienced and knowledgeable and even called me for my first service.

On a lighter side, Ford India sent me an email congratulating me for a new Ford EcoSport. I thought it was free (Buy 1, get 1).
Things did not stop here, I even got a call from JD power for Customer Survey on My EcoSport purchase.

There was no email for the Endeavour yet, but yes, JD Power called in again.
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-new-ford.jpg

Initial Drive and Experience
It has been more than couple of months and here are the first impressions:
Driven till now: 2,300 km
Daily usage pattern: 2 X 50 km daily in medium city traffic, as I travel off-peak hours.

Exterior Styling & Design
Massive size and street presence - it attracts passersby with its sheer size and imposing grille. Even though the smoke grey color is humble and subdued, it does catches peoples' attention.

Massive front grille. No plan to change this:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_172954.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_173053.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_173123.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_173009.jpg

The rear could have been better. This was one area where New Fortuner scored more with its SUVish look:My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_172937.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_173104.jpg

The rear LED lights looks better when switched on. They have a dull red color instead of dark bright red:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_173037.jpg

In contrast, the front with its DRLs looks cool:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2113.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2111.jpg

Side running boards are a necessary attachment and not an option. No chrome strip running below with windows like the Fortuner. It would have looked better. Chrome strips are available as accessories on Aliexpress.
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_173044.jpg

Overall Build Quality
I can say Ford has managed to pull all rights (well, 95%) together. The doors close with least sound and feel sturdy. The bonnet is again, built heavy like the last generation Fortuner. But all of these did add to weight.

The paint quality is top class. Ford Grey is somewhat subdued and unlike Toyota Grey, which shines better (only the colour shade).

Wheels and Tyre
Alloy wheels are better than the Toyota Fortuner's. Same cannot be said about the MRF Wanderer tyres. Still, I decided to keep them against many suggestion for upgrades:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2104.jpg

Interiors
Leave aside the push button start and you will not have any major complain regarding the car's interiors. The black & beige combination is good, but all-black interiors that are available internationally look better. There should have been an option:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2108.jpg

With the lights in on position, the SYNC 3 display turns dark. No option of switching the display off:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2109.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2076.jpg

Plenty of lights and digital displays on the dashboard:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2080.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2079.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2078.jpg

The climate control system could have been better. Plenty of old-styled buttons. Moreover you have to look down to find them. The good thing is that climate control can also be managed through the SYNC display, which offers a better interface:My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2088.jpg

The rear gets both - temperature and blower control, but the auto function is linked to front only. You can call it a triple zone climate control system. Strangely, the new Fortuner as well the as Innova have an auto switch for the rear, but without temperature control. I wonder whats auto does without temperature control:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2107.jpg

Only two USB sockets in SYNC 3. No SD Card slot:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2084.jpg

The fuel-efficiency I normally get. More about fuel-efficiency later:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2081.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2087.jpg

The terrain management system. I will give it a full-fledged try before the 1st service, which will be due after 2,500 KM. The brushed aluminium ring is an accessories bought from Aliexpress:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2086.jpg

Ambient lighting. You can choose from seven colors. Here is orange:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2089.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2090.jpg

The selected ambient light colour only works when the lights are ON. At all other times, the default colour (blue) comes on and is linked with lighting of other displays:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2091.jpg

Useful buttons to fold as well as unfold the third row. No more pain of hanging the seats as in Fortuner. Even the X1 has this feature, but only for folding. The location of these switches is debatable as one needs to open the boot using another switch to unfold the seats before you ask someone to get in third row. I won't be using this function much though:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2102.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 26th June 2017 at 15:56.
Wanderers is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 13:11   #2
BHPian

re: My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV

Behind the wheel

I am use to climb into Fortuner. This is no exception either. The Ford has multiple ways to welcome you on board:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2139.jpg

Driving position
Again, I would compare this to the Fortuner. While the driver's view is not as good as in the Fortuner, one gets used to it as the seat comfort and lumber supports adds up. The headroom is a genuine problem. I am only 5"7" and struggle with the seat height adjustment to liberate some head space. Tall guys beware.

Apart from this, one would complain of limited rear view, but the camera and sensors compensate for the same. Need to keep a watch over the left fender as Ford does not give a fender mirror like Toyota.

Enough has been said about the ignition key. There's nothing new to complain about. Starting the car is breeze unlike other diesel cars.

Engine performance
The engine beats everyone with its outright power and torque. Yes, there is a definite turbo-lag, but not for long. You never feel under-powered, but quick acceleration has to wait till 1800 rpm. The turbo lag is more to do with conventional autobox than the engine alone. Do not try to overcome this by accelerating more as I found it to be more annoying. Instead, accelerate normally till the rpm nears 1800 and thereafter, it's game on!

Initially, my ears used to wait for the grunt of a large diesel engine as in the case of the Fortuner. But no, Ford has done exceptionally well in acoustic control and one would immediately start loving it as the most remarkable feature of a 3.2-litre diesel engine. Engine vibrations are almost negligible and frequent start/stop in traffic is not going to shake you like in a Fortuner.
The overall NVH level is top notch like premium SUVs.

Driveability- city and highway
If you ignore the size, this SUV is good for urban roads. It is no less than an X1 or Q3. The lighter steering coupled with a quieter cabin makes me feel like driving from my desk.

I am a spirited driver and make good use of torque. After the initial running-in period of 1,000 km, I started exploring its full potential and it did not disappoint. Quick acceleration and overtakes on two-lane roads are breeze. I know it's a good idea to keep the rpm below 2,500 for another 1,500 km, but I believe in an automatic, this is very well taken care of by the torque converter itself. It shifts before 2,500 rpm in 'D' mode.

I am yet to take her on a long highway drive, but my daily commute includes about 15 km of intercity roads, where I can hit the limit. On such highways, the performance is phenomenal. The outright power is good and engine is revv-happy. However, I must admit that the steering of the Fortuner inspires more confidence than this SUV. I will take some time to get accustomed to the lighter steering.

As the tittle suggests, my prime need is urban driving, but I still prefer SUVs for many reasons. Hence, the suggestion to go for likes of the X1 and Q3 was very strong. Only time will tell if the Endeavour proves to be a worthy contender. If size matters, it should matter for good anywhere.

Gearshift
The autobox is conventional torque converter unit and feels stressed before the turbo kicks in. Thereafter, its smooth tochange over. Compared to the downshift, the upshift is smoother. In "D" (normal drive mode) the upshift takes places between 2,000 & 2,200 rpm.

On two-lane highways I shift to "S" mode, but the difference is not substantial. I feel it's more like a change over to manual mode than a spirited drive mode. Only in "S" mode, can one change gears manually.

Suspension, ride and handling
This is the best body-on-frame SUV on Indian roads. On curves, it definitely has body roll and pitches on sudden braking, but nothing can beat it in straight line stability. I can also feel it losing grip on curves. This could be partly due to the higher seating position. The suspension is more car-like than an SUV and it provides decent seating comfort compared to a Fortuner. Softer EPS adds further to that. Overall, it has a good balance between ride and handling.

The turning radius of 5.85 m is more than 4X2 Fortuner and parking in tight spots takes extra efforts.

Brakes
The brakes are a big upgrade for me coming from Fortuner, which had drum brakes at the rear. The stopping power is good, but 2.5 tons of weight adds to the pitching and initially, I was very uncomfortable thinking that the car will not stop in the desired distance. But it does stop. It takes some time to adjust to the brakes. As pointed out by many, the brake pedal does not give proper feedback and hence, this you get this feeling.

I would now like to talk more about SYNC 3, which is a new addition and people are looking for review.

SYNC 3
Here is why I love SYNC. Android users will love it more than the IOS users. Well, I just switched from Apple to Samsung.

SYNC 3 with Android Auto. All messages can be displayed or replied with voice commands:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2120.jpg

Google Maps (night view):
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2121.jpg

Google Maps (daytime view):
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2122.jpg

Choose the route (unlike in-built navigation). You just need to say "Drive to <LOCATION>" and it will give you route options:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2124.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2125.jpg

Live traffic is the best part. Also, it's easy to zoom in and out, just like in a smart phone, to look at the traffic situation ahead. You can mute / unmute the system by using the screen as well:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2129.jpg

"Gaana" streaming from mobile phone. Don't expect the sound quality of iphone though:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2130.jpg

Same information displayed at multiple locations. I must say that Ford have not utilized the left side MID properly. Most of the information is already displayed on the ICE touchscreen. On the contrary, the right side MID is over crowded:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2133.jpg

The home screen layout. I believe SYNC 2 had a colour-coordinated 3-zone display. SYNC 3 has no colour differentiation except for the MID:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2134.jpg

Better sound quality from USB drive:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2135.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2136.jpg

Phone mode in Android Auto list recent call records from mobile phone:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2138.jpg

Fuel Efficiency
This is a forbidden topic for a 3.2L diesel engine, but it is one question that is raised too many times for this engine and here are my findings. I normally get 9.5 km/l in urban commuting. This involves a 2 X 50 km daily drive to office in Delhi NCR and weekend drives to the mall. No long distance drives undertaken as yet.

Since I start early in the morning, the fuel-efficiency is 10.4 km/l, which can go up to 10.7. During the return journey, it falls to 10.4 before settling at 10.2 at home. However driving on the weekend and waiting with the A/C on, heavily affects the overall fuel economy and Monday morning I am left with 9.5 km/l.

Fuel-efficeincy average after a weeks' drive:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2081.jpg

Some time after a reset early in the morning. It starts picking up 18 km after reset:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_072919.jpg

Maximum fuel-efficiency till date (45 km after reset):
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_075507.jpg

On the return journey, without any further reset:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_170733.jpg

Fuel-efficiency at the end of the day. This, at the end of the week, settles at 9.5 km/l:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_173159.jpg

One tip to improve the fuel-efficiency is to keep increase the tyre pressure as suggested by Ford specification itself - 30 PSI for normal and 35 PSI for economy.

I would like the best of both the worlds and keep tyre pressure at 33 PSI. However I have not compared the fuel-efficiency so far.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th June 2017 at 15:54.
Wanderers is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 13:37   #3
BHPian

re: My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV

Some of other features which differentiate the Endeavour from its nearest competitor. However, these are not the reasons for selecting this SUV.

Parallel Park Assist
This is a cool party trick rather than a useful feature in India, as we normally need to park side by side in a row unlike the USA and other countries, which typically use parallel parking. But, I must say that this feature is bang on target and makes no mistake whatsoever:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2140.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2141.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2142.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2143.jpg

Sunroof
I had no love for a sunroof, but gradually I've started to like it. I open it up more to get a feel of more headroom in an otherwise cramped situation. The roof is quite big, but the opening is not big enough for front passengers to see out. I also liked the sunroof in the recent rains. It gives more light inside the cabin along with a cool view for the occupants of the rear seat:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2148.jpg

Not quite big, but it will open up some more than what is shown here:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2149.jpg

Roof with only cover open - the normal setting for my car during driving:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2150.jpg

View from the boot:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2151.jpg

Scope for improvement

Push button start
Even my Grand i10 has one now. Moreover, the ignition is not even illuminated. I bought a fluorescent ignition ring from Aliexpress, but it did not fit.

Missing Ambient lights at the rear
We have these light in the front door handles...
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2091.jpg

... but they are missing in the rear ones. This looks really bad:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170604_182648.jpg

Missing door scuff plates at the rear
Front door sills have scuff plates. No, there are not illuminated. Just camera reflection as the blue wrap is still on them:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170604_182624.jpg

Rear door sills have no scuff plates:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170604_182640.jpg

Missing auto high beam control
The car is equipped with the hardware for auto high beam control. This sensor is used for both - auto dimming IRVM as well as auto high beam control. But, Indian version does not get the latter due to the software used:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170604_182531.jpg

Missing lights control function in the MID:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2082.jpg

In the international version, Ford gives auto high beam, which is activated through the MID. The image has been taken from Team-BHP's preview of international version of the new Ford Everest:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-2015fordendeavour10.jpg

Accessories

I did not buy any accessories from Ford. The mats were a part of the car deal itself. Initially, I had finalized and paid for a cargo cover, but backed out and adjusted the money towards other dues.

Later I bought the following from Aliexpress.

1. Cargo cover
View from the rear. There is a gap between the door and the cover, which is subject to peeping eyes. Only a dark rear windshield can present this.
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_1775.jpg

View from the middle seat:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_1776.jpg

2. TMS selector chrome / brushed aluminium garnish
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2086.jpg

3. Car light switch chrome
The rotary switch has factory a fitted chrome ring. The accessory in question is the rectangular outer frame of the console:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170604_183113.jpg

4. Leather key cover
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2093.jpg

5. Centre armrest organizer
This one is really useful. You still have space left over below for other things. Comes with soft, removable lining:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170604_182501.jpg

6. ICE screen lamination

7. Hot ignition key switch ring
This did not fit and was a waste of money ($ 2.76 only):
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170520_145431.jpg

Couple of additions to the car cleaning department. These are from Amazon. I already have a car shampoo:
My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-20170605_185629.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 26th June 2017 at 15:52.
Wanderers is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 15:58   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 16:19   #5
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Wanderers, a lovely colour which looks even better in person. Very nice review as well, hope you can build up this thread with your ownership experiences and fellow owners like self can pitch in occasionally You are amongst few who went with FORD despite owning a Toyota in past. This will surely boost the confidence of others who are considering Fortuner/ Endeavour.

Please do post link of accessories you bought from Aliexpress for lazy guys like me and do find some correct illuminated stickers, it's really a pain to look for the keyhole in the night. All the best with your ride.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 16:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey what a great review, one I was awaiting since the launch, a very detailed one!

The light sensor behind the IRVM is only for Ambient light sensing, and High beam control requires a Camera module, like in the 5 series BMW or Audi A6 Matrix.

Good luck with the beast and keep updating the thread regularly
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 17:34   #7
BHPian

Hey

Wonderfully detailed review.

I had a chance to drive this in Gurgaon for a couple of miles. What an amazing grunt of the engine and supreme road presence. Turns out the person whose Endeavour I drove had actually sold his Land Rover to buy this and has been one happy customer.

The vehicle really ticks all boxes. The engine, suspension, cabin comfort, road presence and handling - all very well sorted.

I would be keenly waiting to see your updates.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 19:40   #8
BHPian

Hey Buddy,

CONGRATULATIONS on this new possession. This is a beast and you have tamed it.

It's really a nice and detailed review. Salute to your patience for posting so many photographs with description. Very informative.

Thanks and have a safe drive.

byom
byomjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 22:47   #9
BHPian

Thanks for the very nice write up. Something I have been looking for.

The looks of the SUV can’t be beaten.

They say Japanese cars are like beer which is an ‘acquired taste’. For some, it might be true. But for some reason, it just does not work on me for the Toyota vehicles. I have tried liking the Innova for all these years and miserably failed. Fortuner falls in the same category for me. Although the highlander, on which Fortuner is based on, has rolled out a nicer looking version recently in the US, Fortuner is not there yet. It just misses something in my opinion.
Pontiac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 09:37   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
fellow owners like self can pitch in occasionally
Thanks and yes, feel free to add your thoughts and experience for everyone benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Please do post link of accessories you bought from Aliexpress.
Link for Accessories
1. Cargo Cover

Looks like the cheapest one which I bought is sold out. Search for next available one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...Id=32759996011

2. Leather Key cover

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/car-...608.0.0.F5Pv2B

3. Central Armrest Storage Box

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carm...608.0.0.F5Pv2B

4. TMS Selector Ring

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Pi...608.0.0.F5Pv2B

5. Headlight Switch Chrome

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...608.0.0.F5Pv2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post

The light sensor behind the IRVM is only for Ambient light sensing, and High beam control requires a Camera module, like in the 5 series BMW or Audi A6 Matrix.
Thanks.
The Ambient light sensor for Auto Head light is located on the dashboard. See picture below. I have tested the same and Fortuner has a similar one.
The sensor behind the IRVM is a camera module and same as one found on international models. But in India, its only working for IRVM to sense the light from incoming vehicle. IRVM has another camera sensor on front. The difference in light intensity (forward and rear) is used to dim IRVM.

My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV-img_2117.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hey

Turns out the person whose Endeavour I drove had actually sold his Land Rover to buy this and has been one happy customer.
Thanks. This means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byomjeet View Post
Hey Buddy,
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac View Post

They say Japanese cars are like beer which is an ‘acquired taste’. For some, it might be true. But for some reason, it just does not work on me for the Toyota vehicles. I have tried liking the Innova for all these years and miserably failed.
Thanks. Somewhat similar here. Somehow I could not like the Toyota car (Fortuner) even though I still love everything about Toyota.

Last edited by Wanderers : 27th June 2017 at 09:45.
Wanderers is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 15:26   #11
BHPian

Congratulations ! Your review again has made me look forward towards the Endeavour. GST, Awaits

Regarding Headroom, I am 6'.1", do you think it would be a problem? I have taken a small test drive and wasn't bothered much by it. However there is seriously lack of headroom on the rear seats. But, I found the rear headroom in the New Fortuner to be less too, compared to my 7 year old Fortuner.

I believe the only accessory that you may have missed is the ordinary screen / scratch guard for the touch screen head unit.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 27th June 2017 at 15:32.
car_crazy1400 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 16:44   #12
BHPian

Congratulations!!
Interesting to see people switch from Toyota to Ford. This talks volumes about how much compelling Ford cars have become to the buyers.
I am surprised to know that the seat height is an issue for a person of your height. I am 6.1 and my EcoSport does well in this department. Seat memory buttons would have been a welcome addition to the list of features.
aabhimanyu04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 09:11   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Thanks. Somewhat similar here. Somehow I could not like the Toyota car (Fortuner) even though I still love everything about Toyota.
Congratulations on your purchase, the truck looks great and is definitely the best in its segment today.
It is difficult to like the new Fortuner after you sample the Endy, there are too many things missing in the Fortuner.
The one accessory that caught my mind is the second pen drive which has a hook like thingy at the rear. Where did you buy it from and at what price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Regarding Headroom, I am 6'.1", do you think it would be a problem?
Definitely. You will be short of headroom in the driver's seat. To check it, sit at a position comfortable to you and run your hands through your hair (like movie stars do ) and you'll know. I am 5'11" and am not comfortable with it. Lack of headroom also points to potential rollover safety hazard for tall people.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 10:23   #14
BHPian

Congratulations Wanderers, for a lovely lovely acquisition. Endy is one of the best VFM Product from Ford. And what a lovely monster it is. Wish you a very happy miles on the same.

I sometimes really wonder as to why manufacturers skimp on the features on their Indian variants. Similar camera which is a part of the international variant which controls headlights in Endeavour, is also a part of Octavia internationally, but sadly, Indian version does not get it. Indian version has to do with sensor based AFS. I don't know when will the manufacturers understand that if the customer is willing to shed 30 odd lacs on their products, shelling another 1-2 lacs more for more safety features will not matter to them, especially when they are offered internationally.

PS- could you please elaborate more on the audio quality in the car considering it comes with inbuilt Amp & a Sub.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 10:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding Headroom, I am 6'.1", do you think it would be a problem?
Thanks.
Yes, headroom is compromised.
You should check the same at showroom as different people have different sitting style. I normally sit upright but you may like to sit in more reclined position, which will liberate more headroom.

Quote:

I believe the only accessory that you may have missed is the ordinary screen / scratch guard for the touch screen head unit.
I already have it. I also mentioned the same in my review but did not share the link. Well here is the link.

ICE Screen Protection

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...608.0.0.Zu6VSJ

Additionally I have also ordered Led Puddle Lamps and License Plate Led Lights but they are in transit.

Led Puddle Lamps

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-f...608.0.0.Zu6VSJ

License Plate Led Lights

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-x-...608.0.0.Zu6VSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhimanyu04 View Post
I am surprised to know that the seat height is an issue for a person of your height. I am 6.1 and my EcoSport does well in this department.
Thanks.
Please see my response above.
Yes, Ecosports provides better headroom than New Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The one accessory that caught my mind is the second pen drive which has a hook like thingy at the rear. Where did you buy it from and at what price?
Thanks.
Good catch. Here is the photograph for the same. I bought this in USA way back in 2013. In fact it was bulk purchase for corporate gifting. My company name is engraved on other side.

Name:  USB Drive.png
Views: 22692
Size:  121.0 KB

It is still available at Amazon.com. Here is the link. See if someone in USA can buy for you.

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Micro-Dri...ords=pny+32+gb

Last edited by Wanderers : 28th June 2017 at 10:37.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks