Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2019, 18:54   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
I feel you are wasting your time. The reverse camera IRVM does not have auto-dimming function at all other than a vague reference to automatic brightness function in the IRVM's manual. But in reality, the IRVM does not support auto-dimming at all.
See the post below on my experience with the reverse camera IRVM and trying to get the "issue" sorted with the dealership & Ford.
The Reverse Camera IRVM fiasco - Does not work as Advertised
Yes, I remember your case and for some reason didn't think about it when I got this accessory.
In my case, it doesn't work when it's dark and at times when I flash a light onto the mirror, the video shows, again when it's dark. Not sure if it's a faulty sensor. But it gets annoying at times since when I need it to be working, it doesn't and the service centre is making it a pain to just replace it.
Old 25th March 2019, 15:42   #152
Senior - BHPian

Update on the new map.

Glad to say that there is almost stock like visible smoke now. The usual smoke is seen when the turbo spools, but none when I am flooring it through the gears. This was something which I always wanted since the stock map was such which also means the fuel is getting combusted fully which means less EGT.

As for the power , this map has a claimed 130hp as per Wolfmoto. It does feel quicker too, but more importantly it retains the smooth and linear delivery as the previous map.
There is an option to get a dyno done at Coimbatore through a relative who works for a company that supplies these equipment to garages. I will get it done soon just to know what kind of power the engine makes now.

Down the line, I may go for a downpipe and refit the end can , but as for the maps, I am happy with the current one.
tharian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 16:24   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Glad to say that there is almost stock like visible smoke now. The usual smoke is seen when the turbo spools, but none when I am flooring it through the gears.
Great! The new update from Wolf for S-Cross 1.6 is also like that. Zero smoke even under WOT, just a puff when turbo spools.

Quote:
As for the power , this map has a claimed 130hp as per Wolfmoto.
Don't fully believe the figures quoted by tuners. I believe in timings or Stock vs Tuned graphs on same dyno.

Quote:
There is an option to get a dyno done at Coimbatore through a relative who works for a company that supplies these equipment to garages. I will get it done soon just to know what kind of power the engine makes now.
Check with Wolf team if they could join you for Dyno session. It's always better to compare Stock vs Remap on same dyno.

Quote:
Down the line, I may go for a downpipe and refit the end can , but as for the maps, I am happy with the current one.
Nice ! Decat downpipe is highly recommended
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 18:35   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

Don't fully believe the figures quoted by tuners. I believe in timings or Stock vs Tuned graphs on same dyno.
For me, it is just a reference point. I go by how different the car feels when it comes to putting that power to use and what the top end is. The dyno is to check the reality which I would like to know sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Check with Wolf team if they could join you for Dyno session. It's always better to compare Stock vs Remap on same dyno.
Any idea how WM comes to getting a specific figure?
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 18:43   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For me, it is just a reference point. I go by how different the car feels when it comes to putting that power to use and what the top end is. The dyno is to check the reality which I would like to know sooner or later.
I have seen lot of variation in figures between different dynoes. For example, My S-Cross on TOT map showed just 98 WHP at RD Dyno. That's not true for sure, car was definitely doing more power.

To know the reality, you should compare the difference between Stock vs Remap. If you are going to dyno only remapped car, better to do at Arka Motorsports. It should do at least 110 WHP ( If Wolf claim is 130 HP ).

Quote:
Any idea how WM comes to getting a specific figure?
They calculate the approx figures based on what torque / fuel is being requested in ECU Maps. It won't be accurate, but would be close.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 16:20   #156
Senior - BHPian

Got the headlamps replaced under warranty.

I had to go back to stock as they noticed the Philips Extreme Vision bulbs and said they can't put those back. Thankfully I had the stocks bulbs kept safely and went back and got them and by then the cluster was replaced.

As for the mirror, they want the car for a day to investigate. I figured the issue happens when the sensor doesn't sense any light. When the sensor is covered, the display turns off. Either the sensor is faulty or there is some setting for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-1e02dc9711af4273943b2f67d7becfcc.jpeg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-11d39dc06f2e41648273df3cdb6badf4.jpeg  

tharian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 22:02   #157
Senior - BHPian

An update on the latest tune.

Did a short highway drive to Hiryur on the Bangalore - Pune highway. Round trip was 360 kms and crossed the 19000 kms mark in the process.

The good thing about this highway, particularly the stretch from Tumkur to Chitradurga is that, it is fenced with lots of straight stretches and 6 laned. This was the first time I was driving this car on this stretch and was pushing it quite a bit on the onward stretch.

The power has increased across the range for sure, but only slightly. It is more obvious in the mid especially when I hit the accelerator after de-acclerating for whatever reason. The good news was that there was no smoke during hard acceleration. I was expecting some smoking during a spirited drive for long , but apart from the usual turbo spooling smoke, it was clear otherwise. That's a good thing Wolfmoto did with the latest tune.

I didn't bother with fuel efficiency since I was driving pedal to metal on many occasions when the road was clear. The way the car picks up speed and clears traffic is addictive and on a good surface like the one I drove on today, the car was quite stable for it's weight, on curves and straights, at un-mentionable speeds.

There is a slight increase in engine clatter at part throttle at all rpms which I have informed Wolfmoto about.

For now, the car is a pocket rocket in it's size and segment.

Update on the rear view camera mirror issue- I reduced the brightness of the video and that seemed to have resolved the issue. I had set it at max recently after which is when I started having the issue of the video not coming on and turning off while reversing.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd April 2019 at 22:19. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 7th April 2019, 14:55   #158
Senior - BHPian

A video I took this morning to check the smoke on full throttle, through the gears after the latest map.
Apart from the turbo spooling after a gear shift, it doesn't seem to much.

Last edited by tharian : 7th April 2019 at 14:57.
tharian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 14:46   #159
Senior - BHPian

Lubricated the gear shift linkages at the bottom of the car today.

It was the easiest DIY I have done on this car. I couldn't get the 3M spray and instead got this grease mix spray;

Sheeba Liquid Grease Spray (500 ml) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07G6K15MD/..._gEASCbAC0R5ZS

Used it at all the joints and will keep a watch how much it helps. The creaky low noise still occurs from below the gear lever still and if I can remove the centre console, i can use this there too. That would be the next DIY.
Attached Thumbnails
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-85c62387bc704f7cadeb39ac291509c1.jpeg  

Old 23rd April 2019, 20:46   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Finally I removed the plate and placed it properly and put back both the screws. All this was at the EGR valve end and unlike the first time, I didn't touch the intake runner end. Removing the plastic cowl under the windshield is required if you want a clearer view, or it can be done from below.

In the picture below, the thin shiny plate is the blanking plate
I've a 35k run EcoSport diesel who's EGR I'd like to partially block. Did you finally insert the metal plate on the left side of the egr pipe or the right?

Im guessing the egr valve sits on the left of the pipe while the intake manifold sits to the right.

Btw, I love the way you've modded your car. I too am thinking of a wolf remap in the near future.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd April 2019 at 22:19. Reason: Spacing and formatting
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:59   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
I've a 35k run EcoSport diesel who's EGR I'd like to partially block. Did you finally insert the metal plate on the left side of the egr pipe or the right?
Im guessing the egr valve sits on the left of the pipe while the intake manifold sits to the right.

Btw, I love the way you've modded your car. I too am thinking of a wolf remap in the near future.
It can be fitted on the EGR end. I doubt if the plate will fit correctly on the intake runner side although it is very easy to fit it there compared to the other end.
If you are planning a remap in future, get the full plate fitted as you can remove the CEL during the remap.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 22:38   #162
BHPian

Hi Tharian,

I recently bought new Figo 1.5 TDCI and planning to do an EGR Delete.

Is there any possibility to block the EGR using OBD? and without remapping the car?

Regards,
Joseph.
Old 9th May 2019, 09:36   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_lightspeed View Post
Hi Tharian,

Is there any possibility to block the EGR using OBD? and without remapping the car?

Regards,
Joseph.
Congrats!

I haven't heard of a way to delete the EGR without a remap.

I did a partial physical delete of the EGR when my car was less than 6 months old since I wanted to do it when the engine was still new. Partial delete with the plate will not through a CEL and at the same time will help with reducing the soot buildup in the intake too.
Later, when I did a remap, I got it deleted since that option was available with the tuner.

The other option is to fully block with a plate which will through a CEL all the time which is not a good thing since you wouldn't know when there is some other issue with the car.

My suggestion would be to go with the partial delete plate. In case later you get a remap, you can delete the EGR.

Last edited by tharian : 9th May 2019 at 09:37.
Old 9th May 2019, 10:07   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats!

I haven't heard of a way to delete the EGR without a remap.
Thank you Tharian,

I checked with team Wolf regarding this and I got to know that they have an option to delete the EGR only, which costs approximate to 7.5k.

I feel like its near to half price of remapping thus its better go for remapping.

Thanks in advance for helping me with some doubts.

1) Do we have to close the EGR valve manually with a plate even after remapping? (another tuner nearby told me as they require to close it manually after remapping)

2) My car has only run around 400kms. should I wait till it covers 1k to modify the map?

3) Any changes with engine noise and amount of exhaust smoke from the car after remapping?

4) How long you've been using the map? is it reliable?

Regards,
Joseph.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th May 2019 at 10:21. Reason: Trimmed quoted post, as its the immediate preceeding post.
Old 9th May 2019, 10:38   #165
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_lightspeed View Post
Hi Tharian,

Can you please bring out the benefits of an EGR delete ? Is it for performance or better reliability ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks