Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2018, 23:33   #31
BHPian

Re: Garage overhaul from Torslandaverken - My Volvo XC90 and S60 Polestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
How much out of 2.58L is regular service?I understand 2.58 is what you'd pay inclusive of bodywork.Are they replacing the affected portion or is it a repair?
2.58L is excluding the body work but inclusive of 2 tyres and 2 brake pads and an accessory I ordered ( metal engine protection plate ). Regular service costs about 25,000/-. I am yet to get a quote of the accident parts.

Last edited by mjumrani : 26th June 2018 at 23:35. Reason: Typo
mjumrani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 11:27   #32
BHPian

XC90 ODO stands at 18,000kms and I am overall happy with it, on saturday I noticed that on applying brakes some wierd noise was coming from front wheels, called up Volvo Bangalore and informed same. The service manager asked me to send the car over on Monday which I duly did by sending it via driver . I expected the front brake pads to be worn out but to my surprise got a mail from Volvo saying front , rear brake pads and front rotors are worn out. The only driving which was done after the sound was from my office to Volvo service centre which is about 38kms away.

I was surprised of this development because the car for once does not have brake pad wear sensor which sounds stupid to me, it has every other crazy tech except brake pad wear sensor and Volvo expects users to rely solely on what service centre folks say on every service visit . These days even sub 15L rupee cars come with wear sensors, wonder how Volvo missed this out. It turns out that none of Volvo's ( entire line up) do not have sensor which is even more shocking. The only other way I see it is as a scam forcing customers to change rotors along with every brake pad change.

The last service was at 9800kms and back then the service manager said that the brake pads will easily last another 10,000kms as pads have 7mm left ( original thickness of pads is 11mm), like any other sane person i went the word of service folks as there is no other way to check the wear of brake pads.

I have told the service manager that onus is on them and not me as I followed what Volvo asked me to do and that I am not willing to pay for rotors but only for pads. Service manager did not have an answer when I asked him how do they expect user of the car to notice the noise from brake pads in a perfectly insulated car ?. I noticed my car brake noise when I rolled down the window while taking it out of office parking lot. I do not ride the brakes nor push it around a lot.

Last edited by mjumrani : 30th October 2018 at 11:28. Reason: Typo.
mjumrani is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 22:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
2.58L is excluding the body work but inclusive of 2 tyres and 2 brake pads and an accessory I ordered ( metal engine protection plate ). Regular service costs about 25,000/-. I am yet to get a quote of the accident parts.
That is one expensive service. I guess the downside to the big wheels are the prices we have to pay for the tires and those bigger brakes.

I have an Audi S4, I pay about 30k for Brembo pads(front + rear)and the tires, got all 4 of the Michelin PilotSport 3 for around 80k.

Last edited by sweetvar26 : 3rd January 2019 at 22:29.
Old 14th January 2022, 23:49   #34
BHPian

any thoughts on down sizing the tires.
from 20" to 18"?
thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 22:38   #35
BHPian

Hello All,

I own the 2018 Volvo XC90 D5. I am due for the 4th year Maitenance/service. The Volvo service center (Bangalore) has mentioned that I have to change the Timing Belt at 4th year service (Volvo apparently mentions that). I am surprised at this that Volvo recommends changing a Timing Belt every 4 years. Sounds crazy to me. I did also look at the Maintenance schedule for a 2018 XC90 in USA and UK websites and they only mention every 10 years.

Has anyone taken their XC90 or XC60 for a 4 year service lately in Bangalore?

Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks