Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2017, 13:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Heart vs Head - It's what the head Dzires! My 2017 Maruti Dzire ZXI+ AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
There is another way to look at this. With spare tyres, it is always advisable to do a 5 wheel rotation every 5K. So, each tyre gets rested for every 5k kms thereby providing 20% more life for your tyres.Otherwise it is wasted if you just keep it in the boot
Tyres of my old car were unidirectional. This approach can be used otherwise. But owner will have to maintain rotation information everytime and explain the service guy the expectation.
Old 14th November 2017, 15:22   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car!

The car I drive at present is a 2009 Honda automatic - and I just love the way you can downshift or shift up by pressing the "paddle" on the steering wheel while in D mode. Does the Dzire have a similar feature?

Would also be keen on knowing why you feel that M mode would be better on the highway for overtaking? If you press the accelerator a bit firmly the gearbox will downshift even in D mode - that's how I've been driving the honda so far. What are your thoughts?
Old 14th November 2017, 16:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetaWatt View Post
Tyres of my old car were unidirectional. This approach can be used otherwise. But owner will have to maintain rotation information everytime and explain the service guy the expectation.
Fair Point on unidirectional tyres. For the non directional ones, there is a select pattern provided in the car manuals typically and you dont need to remember the tyre positions as long as you follow the same pattern

Last edited by Sridhar K : 14th November 2017 at 16:23.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 17:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theqca View Post
Congratulations on your new car!

The car I drive at present is a 2009 Honda automatic - and I just love the way you can downshift or shift up by pressing the "paddle" on the steering wheel while in D mode. Does the Dzire have a similar feature?
No unfortunately the Dezire does not get paddle shifters. The gearbox technology in your Honda is very different from the one on the Dezire. Don't think any AMT car till now has paddles.
Old 15th November 2017, 08:59   #20
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
2) Doors don't unlock after the ignition is switched off, have to manually use the unlock button. I find it weird as my Punto evo active had this feature.
Yes, this was a issue in My swift also but, there are options to change door lock functions, security alarm. You need to use speedo trip and rotate buttons to change that. Refer manual to use D2 function.

Quote:
8) Mirrors don't fold automatically after the ignition is switched off. Have to manually do this.
This was a good feature in Renault Pulse. Most of the switch controls are standard across maruti models. I heard there is some kind of a relay which closes the mirror automatically but, it is after-market.

Quote:
- alloy spare wheel with 15" tire (for a later date)
First make sure, if the 15 inchers fit the wheel well of the boot.

Congrats and happy mile munching!
bkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 00:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
8) Mirrors don't fold automatically after the ignition is switched off. Have to manually do this.
Firstly, Congratulations on your new car Car looks extremely beautiful with the blue shade and those headlights are really mesmerizing!

for the relay, you can either visit JC road to get a glimpse of the relay for auto folding ORVM's or for the power windows up-module relay. I got both the relays for my Brezza from here

Please get in touch with them to clarify if the relays work on the new Dzire before placing an order. They say it's plug and play. If the connectors are not available, then slicing of wire is inevitable.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 18:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc View Post

First make sure, if the 15 inchers fit the wheel well of the boot.

Congrats and happy mile munching!
I totally commend this....I own a Dzire AMT (April2017). I was contemplating to replace the 14 inch spare with 15 inch Alloy & realized that the space doesn't accommodate 15 inch tyre.
G V Krishna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 09:42   #23
BHPian

Congratulations for the great buy! Wish you a million happy miles!

Quote:

6) While the DRL and headlamps emit white color light (~4000 - 4200K), the fog lamps are yellow in color (guess <3500 K). This looks ugly! i don't use the fog lamps just for this reason and any which ways the DRL are pretty bright
They are 'FOG' lamps and they ought to be Yellow to be able to cut through fog and rain. Even in my Jetta, they are yellow. I am planning to fit dual color LED bulbs that can be switched between white and yellow. Will serve both purposes.

Quote:

A friend who recently bought Ignis has got a relay fitted that enables this feature. Ask around any good accessory shop and you should be good to go.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 17th November 2017 at 09:43.
vinayrathore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 12:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
You need to use speedo trip and rotate buttons to change that. Refer manual to use D2 function
Yes trying d1, d2, d3 and d5 functions. Still don't seem to get complete hang of how it works though!

Quote:
I totally commend this....I own a Dzire AMT (April2017). I was contemplating to replace the 14 inch spare with 15 inch Alloy & realized that the space doesn't accommodate 15 inch tyre
Thanks for letting us know.

Quote:
A friend who recently bought Ignis has got a relay fitted that enables this feature. Ask around any good accessory shop and you should be good to go.
Does this impact warranty?

Last edited by ant_vas : 17th November 2017 at 12:44. Reason: added more quotes
Old 27th November 2017, 16:04   #25
BHPian

1st service update.

The car had run 530 KM and i booked service with Keshkamal motors in BSK 2nd stage for saturday. Its a small workshop and has around 3 - 4 work bays to service cars.

As this was 1st service, they quickly put the car on ramp, checked the engine oil, coolant, windshield liquid and topped them up. They didn't inspect under body or brakes though! I had reported to them that both 12V charging points aren't working and it was a blown fuse which was replaced.

Then they took a test drive to confirm if brakes or anything else need to be checked. As they didn't find anything the car was sent for wash.

I liked the washing done as they put the car on ramp and ensured that under body, tire wells, engine bay was cleaned properly. After that they used microfiber cloth to wipe the car clean before applying a quote of polish on the outside followed by dashboard shiner on the inside.

Took exactly 1:45 Mins to complete this and my car details like registration number, my address, contact details were all updated on maruthi servers.

Over all i am happy with the service. only grouse is that since the new Dzire has all beige interiors, they should use proper plastic seat covers instead of newspapers to cover the seats.
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 14:39   #26
BHPian

Hi ant_vas,

Whats the Odo on your car?

How has the AMT been behaving particularly in 2nd gear whether D or M mode.

Very keen to know the behavior when there are 4 or 5 passengers with AC on.

Do you feel any kind of clutch slippage? I am facing this problem in my Celerio AMT and it must have been checked for this issue at least 4 to 5 times at RNS Yeshwantpur but, the solution only seems temporary and it seems to come back approx 1000 km after the last repair.

Nobody from RNS has been able to give me a permanent solution.

The team bhp official review of the Dzire AMT states that the drive should be smoother in the 1.2 litre engine on the Dzire when compared to 1.0 litre engine of the Celerio.

Cheers
Old 17th February 2018, 17:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post

The team bhp official review of the Dzire AMT states that the drive should be smoother in the 1.2 litre engine on the Dzire when compared to 1.0 litre engine of the Celerio.

Cheers
Not sure how much jerky AMT box is in Celerio but the DZire AMT (diesel) isn't smooth at all. It is full of jerks, particularly when you floor the A pedal. Very lethargic. Not sure how petrol AMT behaves though.
Old 6th March 2018, 18:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Whats the Odo on your car?

How has the AMT been behaving particularly in 2nd gear whether D or M mode.

Very keen to know the behavior when there are 4 or 5 passengers with AC on.

Do you feel any kind of clutch slippage? I am facing this problem in my Celerio AMT and it must have been checked for this issue at least 4 to 5 times at RNS Yeshwantpur but, the solution only seems temporary and it seems to come back approx 1000 km after the last repair.

Nobody from RNS has been able to give me a permanent solution.

Apologies for the delay, i missed your post.

With 4 - 5 passengers the AC works pretty well. don't have to increase the fan speed more than 2 bars. Rear AC vent in ZXi+ also helps.

The AMT has been performing well so far and i haven't had any concerns with it as till date. One thing i dislike about the AMT is its habit of holding on to 1st gear in D mode for a little long than necessary. if there is a slight incline it sticks to 1st gear. I have tried to use the M mode, but it won't allow to shift up to 2nd gear.

Pickup has also improved as i am reaching the 4000 KM on the Odo.

The other thing i am not happy with is the ride quality. In the old dzire it was soft and comfortable ride, this time they have made the suspension stiff and you will feel the road regardless of the number of occupants in the car.

Quote:
Not sure how much jerky AMT box is in Celerio but the DZire AMT (diesel) isn't smooth at all. It is full of jerks, particularly when you floor the A pedal. Very lethargic. Not sure how petrol AMT behaves though.
Jerks during the gear shift are definetly felt by the driver in the petrol variant. Others in the car do not notice it though! I have learned the trick to avoid the jerks by taking my foot off the gas pedal around 2000 RPM. The machine will automatically up shifts and there is no jerk fely.

Last edited by ant_vas : 6th March 2018 at 19:01. Reason: added reply to another post
Old 18th April 2018, 14:59   #29
BHPian

The car had touched 5700 KM till date.

Took it for second free service to Garuda Auto service station on kanakapura road last sunday. The service station was fairly busy for a sunday.

I was assigned the advisor within minutes and he came with a phablet in his hand to note the concers/issues i have with the car.

He scanned the RFID tag to get my details and noted the below issues i reported:
1) sound from brakes. This was a littel strange coz the sound would come once you start to release pressure from the brake pedal.
2) AMT sometime doesn't change from 1st gear even though RPM would be over 2500.
3) Gear changing sound more audible now in the AMT
4) Handle to be installed on the driver side
5) possibility of installing Auto IVRM
6) Left wiper sometime juddering

Since i always wait and get my car's serviced, the advisor printed the work card out a "customer waiting" sticker and asked me to relax in the customer lounge. This was not before be tried to hard sell Under chassis coating, 3M coating, maintenance protection plan and extended warranty.

I declined all of them and asked him to get the car ready quickly after a quick test drive to show the service advisor about the brake and gear change sounds.

For next 30 mins the car stood where i had parked. then it was taken inside the workshop area to bay on the far end. Another 30 mins passed and no one was working on my car. So went out and one gentleman from workshop asked what i was looking for.

I explained to him that my car is parked inside and no work happening. It was almost 90 mins since i bought the car to the workshop. He asked some mechanic assigned to my car to start the work and assured me that it will be completed soon.

I went back to the lounge and my assigned service advisor came in and informed me that the were updating AMT software (?!) so there was delay, now they have sent the car for washing.

In next 20 mins the car was washed and polished and i took a test drive to confirm the issues i reported were addressed.

The brake sound was gone. The AMT now felt lot more quieter and smooth. Earlier i used to feel that AMT was way too eager to shift. But now the shifting seems linear. I now see that the AMT now easily maintains 2nd gear most of the times (earliest would be at 1st) and easily moves around in bangalore traffic. on a slightly empty road easily goes up to 4th as well.

The Auto IVRM wasn't available or i was told that the store manager is busy and it will take 2 hours to confirm the part availability. The handle on the driver side wasn't installed stating that there are no holes available to fit the handle.

overall i am happy with the 2nd service. The washing/polish of the exterior was good. But since Dzire comes with lite interiors i could see there were few dirty spots on the seats now :-(

Thankfully i had bought Sonax car interior cleaning foam some time back. After reaching home used it generously on all the seats and now the car looks clean from Inside as well.

I also bought a Bluetooth OBDII connector from amazon and downloaded the Torque Pro app and can now see the actual RPM, speed and other details. Haven't spent much time to understand each reading though.

Has anyone got their AMT software upgraded? Do they really do it or was i taken for a ride?

Last edited by ant_vas : 18th April 2018 at 15:01. Reason: added details
Old 19th April 2018, 09:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car. I meant to ask this since you are an ex-Fiat owner. How does the build quality feels compared to the Punto? I know Fiats are built like tanks but does the Desire feel safe and sturdy compared to the Fiat.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks