Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2018, 15:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Heart vs Head - It's what the head Dzires! My 2017 Maruti Dzire ZXI+ AMT

Quote:
Congrats on the car. I meant to ask this since you are an ex-Fiat owner. How does the build quality feels compared to the Punto? I know Fiats are built like tanks but does the Desire feel safe and sturdy compared to the Fiat
Thanks Sumeet!

To answer your question, the build quality seems acceptable but no where near to the Fiat. Do i feel safe inside a dzire? Yes - coz of ABS and Airbags.

But am i confident as i was in a fiat? Hell No. I am always very cautious while am driving Dzire.
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 17:34   #32
BHPian

I had been facing couple of issues with my Dzire:
1) Left Wiper judders
2) Screeching noise from Brakes
3) Gear change sound is very audible

Reported these issues during 2nd free service, the SA said they will be fixed. Test drive after the service didn't reveal these problems. Drover the car for a week and all 3 issues popped up again!

This time complained to both service center and maruti and took the car back to service station. This time they had team lead from the floor take a long test drive with me.

Found the noise from brake was coming when the brakes warm up after driving some distance.

They hoisted the car, changed the brake disk and pads under warranty. Adjusted the wiper and opened and reinitialized the AMT unit

Took a long test drive after the work and issues seem to have been sorted.

yesterday it rained in Bangalore and the wiper again started to judder. This was when the rain had almost stopped and the wiper needed to clean those few drops of rain at the end.

The AMT gear change sound is still audible especially when we are slowing down almost to a stand still like approaching a red light.

The brake noise hasn't returned so far. I was asked by the service center manager to drive for a week and update maruti about the issues being fixed or not.

Apparently the brake noise issue seems to be common one with the new Dzire
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 07:49   #33
BHPian

How is the ownership progressing Sir, any new niggles and are the old issues still there. Planning to go for this car.
AppyS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 12:25   #34
BHPian

My car has now covered 12800 KMs and am started to love driving with AMT.

Me and AMT have made peace with each others driving styles and now we both work in coordination.

I can now literally dart at the signals when the light turns green and leave all others car/bikes behind! I feel the AMT has finally come on its own and i have started to love the performance.

The sound of gear changes has come down (or may be i have started to ignore) and the gear transitions are smooth.

Last month all of a sudden started to get some noise from the left front side of the suspension. Took it to garuda on kanakapura road and they cleaned the break pads and the noise went away.

Within 2 days the right side front suspension started making such loud noise that i was scared to even drive the car thinking there might be a breakdown!

Took it to service station and this time a small stone was lodged in the suspension. After that there are no issues what so ever.

Last edited by ant_vas : 19th February 2019 at 12:25. Reason: spacing
ant_vas is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks