Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2020, 21:07   #61
BHPian

Re: Black Mahindra TUV300 T6+ MT : Palio MJD replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I have not found the service interval (in terms of time) anywhere on the manual or in the With You Hamesha App or on the internet. If you find it anywhere please let me know.
Attached below. It is exactly 10k kms or 12 months from last service whichever is earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Mahindra TUV300 T6+ MT : Palio MJD replaced-screenshot_20200703210557.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 21:09   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Attached below. It is exactly 10k kms or 12 months from last service whichever is earlier.
Thanks. I will also send a query to M&M, since it is better to have it on record in case of any warranty issues later
Old 22nd August 2020, 12:44   #63
Senior - BHPian

So, my 50,000 km service was done few days ago. Because three years will be over in November and driving has reduced a lot, so all the fluid changes for 3 years, 60,000 km were also done. By now, coolant, brake fluid have been changed and transmission and differential oil have been changed twice. Fuel filter was changed once at 40,000 km.

The only difference I have followed is that while air filter is recommended to be changed at every 30,000 km, I have changed it at every service. It is a Rs 550 + tax component that I have spent extra on every time.

Along with the sanitization charges of Rs 800+tax (spray before entering service and fumigation before delivery) the bill came to Rs 14,7xx/- including taxes. So far the total cost of maintenance is still under Rs 1/- per km.

Two big expenses are on the horizon: the tyres (due in about 15,000 km), the battery (being Exide and having suffered during lockdown I am not too sure how long it will last) and possibly the suspension later. Other major expenses as per schedule have been taken care of for now.

Last edited by architect : 22nd August 2020 at 12:50.
architect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 13:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

So I was losing coolant slowly (@ 1 litre per 1000 km) after last service at 50,000 km. Showed it to ASC who gave me coolant to top-up and asked me to observe again. The loss of coolant continued, but this time there was a visible leak just under the oil filter cap where the coolant pipe joins the engine block. They also found a leak in the intake manifold. Parts have been ordered and are being replaced under warranty now.

Will update after the job is done and the results are clear.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 16:58   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They also found a leak in the intake manifold. Parts have been ordered and are being replaced under warranty now.
Will update after the job is done and the results are clear.
Intake Manifold, rubber hose oil cooler inlet and oil cooler outlet were changed under warranty about 10 days ago. Top-up was required for a couple of days after but coolant level has remained stable for the past 3-4 days. It seems the problem is solved but I will be convinced only after some more time elapses.

This has been the only serious / semi-serious issue so far. The TUV is at 53,000 km now. In another 10-12,000 km I will be needing a new set of 4 tyres (spare is till unused). While there are fancier options available, I am actually satisfied with the Apollo Apterras. I have had only 3 punctures so far. Now Apterra 2 are also available, the only question is whether to take the HT or AT. The there's Wanderer from MRF.

I have had experience with Yokos and Michelins earlier. Though they are great in grip and ride quality, they just seem to get too many punctures in Indian conditions. I am not sure if Geolandars would fare better. Michelin may not even have 15 inchers.

Last edited by architect : 3rd November 2020 at 17:02.
Old 3rd November 2020, 17:39   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I have had experience with Yokos and Michelins earlier. Though they are great in grip and ride quality, they just seem to get too many punctures in Indian conditions.
I recently upgraded to Yokohoma Geolandar G015 AT for my TUV 300 from Tyremarket.com, these costed me 6,500/- each plus 400 extra for shipping. I received in 4 days and loving them. The grip is great, tire noise is evident but will be cancelled out with radio output. It has been 2 months but not used the vehicle a lot, so cannot comment on impact on mileage or punctures.

You can find details in the below post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4884183 (Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online)

Also checkout Bridgstone AT's, they will cost the same and heard great feedback from many. My stock tires were Ceat and lasted for 55k with still some grip left, but I changed them anyway for safety purpose.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 12:01   #67
Senior - BHPian

Two weeks ago, somewhere between Lucknow and Agra, the TUV finished 60,000 km. It was a whirlwind trip, doing nearly 1400 km in a span of 37-38 hours, at a time when I am not supposed to drive long hours due to medical issues.

The TUV has some body rattles in the dashboard area. There is a bit of judder on releasing clutch when the vehicle is cold. The ride quality at low speeds is bad. And you can't do those overtaking maneuvers without planning at speeds above 80 km/hr. While the clutch is light (and going good currently), the pedal has a long travel which is painful with my current back troubles. I can't think of anything seriously wrong with the vehicle.

At under ten lakhs on-road, including Extended Warranty, you get fantastic bottom-end shove, great space, great domination over irritating traffic (which equates vehicle size to the right to road space) and a general robustness due to the Body-on-Frame format.

There have been a few warranty replacements which are listed in the previous posts. Except the intake manifold (which was causing coolant leakage), nothing serious. Clutch seems to be going fine but the tyres will need change in about 5000 km. That will be an exercise in itself considering the limited options in 15 inch size. The stepney is unused.

Last service at 60,000 km covered many routine fluid replacements etc. including proper AC service (one small part replaced there, too). Mahindra tries to load small things to the bill everytime, but I really haven't been able to spend much time and energy on the service partdue to other issues, so I just focus on getting the job done well and on getting the vehicle back in time.

Note to mods: Kindly move this thread to Long Term Ownership as the vehicle is more than three years old and crossed 60,000 km
Attached Thumbnails
Black Mahindra TUV300 T6+ MT : Palio MJD replaced-img_20210401_184118.jpg  

architect is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 13:25   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is a bit of judder on releasing clutch when the vehicle is cold. The ride quality at low speeds is bad. And you can't do those overtaking maneuvers without planning at speeds above 80 km/hr. While the clutch is light (and going good currently), the pedal has a long travel which is painful with my current back troubles. I can't think of anything seriously wrong with the vehicle.
Clutch cover is getting weak from the heat cycling - needs replacement along with a full clutch overhaul before it starts to slip. 60K is ok.

I think you need to get the suspension rollbar bushes checked as well, pretty cheap to replace.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 07:16   #69
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from to the Long-term Ownership Section.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 11:02   #70
BHPian

A valuable ownership thread @architect , you have almost touched on all pain points which a TUV owner might have suffered.

I also own a TUV T8 black colour, with 96k on the odo, I have not suffered any major hiccup till now (touch wood). Due to travel restrictions & pandemic from past 1 year or so TUV has been driven hardly 5000-6000 kms. My extended warranty ended in Jan 2021.

I have following parts replaced in TUV in the past 5 years of ownership -
1. MLD was replaced at 48k on the odo.
2. Vacuum modulators were changed thrice in past 5 yrs under warranty.
3. Clutch slave cylinder replaced under warranty at around 90k on the odo. Was experiencing difficulty in slotting TUV in 1st & 2nd gears in running/bumper to bumper traffic.
4. A failed Alternator once was sent to Bosch by Mahindra & was rectified, as per MASS they don't replace alternator & get it rectified from the OEM, it was also done free of cost.

All the above problems were addressed during regular services at MASS, except from failed alternator where TUV didn't start at a red light in traffic, as I was near to MASS. was offered help quickly & the vehicle is towed to service station. I was also getting warning on the infotainment system for Weak Battery during the drive that day but I ignored it as I have changed battery recently & thought it was just an error, also observed the lights going very dim & horn not sounding just before TUV came to a halt. Have to wait for 1 day to get the vehicle back.

I have changed from the stock Ceat Czar HT to MRF Wanderers AT at 60k on the odo, the spare is still new & used just once in Leh trip. So far no issues with MRF, grip is good & hardly any road noise. Also these are value for money as compared to others which generally start at 6500/tyre while MRF costs 5000/tyre.

I have driven TUV to almost all terrains, hometown being in Uttarakhand a drive to hills is always on card. I have done an adventurous 15 days trip to Ladakh 2 yrs back & TUV performed very well, apart from a tyre cut due to a sharp stone, nowhere TUV let us down in the whole trip. Have seen Creta, Innova struggling at some points near Zojila & on way to Pangong & was skeptical that whether TUV will manage them but it handled all those points very well & numerous water crossing on way back from Leh to Manali.

I often find people complaining about the torque & speed but what I have found is that it is a good cruiser & touches 100 kmph with a light foot, after that we need to push the accelerator hard & at that time only after 120 kmph it feels under-powered. With speed limited from 80-120 at most NH & expressways in India, it fares well in the desired range.

Coming to TUV after driving a Dzire 2010 model for well over 160k KMs which is very comfortable for driver as well as passengers, TUV for sure is bouncy but can't complain & compare as it is a RWD with body on frame vehicle.

Have planned to do Lahaul-Spiti circuit this May-June but it doesn't seem possible due to current restrictions in place.

Hope to munch some more happy miles with TUV.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 30th May 2021 at 07:42. Reason: Mod note attached.
dieselburner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 12:06   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
I also own a TUV T8 black colour, with 96k on the odo, I have not suffered any major hiccup till now (touch wood). Due to travel restrictions & pandemic from past 1 year or so TUV has been driven hardly 5000-6000 kms. My extended warranty ended in Jan 2021.
Nice summary there dieselburner. You are one of those lucky few TUV owners (like me), whose tank has been as reliable as ever and haven't faced that many issues like others. Here's wishing you many more such trouble free miles from your TUV for years to come.

For the last year and a half my tank was hardly driven for 4K kms. In fact at some point in time I thought that I can live without a car. If you have noticed I even changed my handle couple of months back from my TUV to my bicycle. I must have driven my bicycle more than my TUV & I am not complaining, when I have reduced the carbon footprint and lost 20 kilos of weight.

My TUV is more than 5.5 years old but it's still on its stock tyres. I want to change them but cannot make my mind as the TUV with new tyres will sit idle in the garage until the lockdown restrictions are lifted. Will let this monsoon pass away and will change the tyres during Diwali time.

Nowadays I don't even look forward to take my TUV out of the garage & it's just letting the dust pile on it.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 10:01   #72
BHPian

@AutoIndian, apart from reducing carbon footprint, the most important point is you managed to reduce a good amount of weight which is superb. Cycling by far is the best exercise I think (my personal opinion). One dont need to push himself to go for cycling just like we need to push ourselves to goto gym, cycling is like just pick it & go.

Most of the people who love driving are all in same boat from past year or so. Most of our vehicles are gathering dust in garages with hardly any run.

It doesnt make any sense to change the tyres at present as the curbs will still be in place for sometime & if you dont have any long drive planned, you can easily do the daily commute on stock tyres.

A bit off topic-
I was just planning (though not very keen as I am loving my EMI free period as loan is over, just a thought in idle mind during lockdown) to sell TUV as it crossed 5 yr milestone & must have crossed 1L km if it had a good run in past 1 yr (I usually sell my vehicle after 5-6 yrs or once they cross 1L km mark). One of my relatives was keen for it & also offered 6 lacs but I refused saying that I cant decide on which one to buy after it. I still want to keep it for atleast 1-2 yrs more. Having driven it close to 1L kms I still feel that it can be a good companion (hope so niggle free) for some more time.
However as the extended warranty has ended & the offer given (its still open as he has not bought any other car till now) is too good as far as I think, I still think whether I should go ahead or not.

If by any chance I make my mind to sell it, I have been zoning down on Harrier (top model AT will cost appx 23-24 lacs OTR) or 2021 Jeep Compass (still not decided on variant as the variant I liked will cost appx 30 lacs). Also as the price touches 25-30 lacs, a good pre worshipped Endeavour or Fortuner start making sense. So overall its a lot of confusion & I keep on passing my time searching for Fortuner or Endeavour online

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Nice summary there dieselburner. You are one of those lucky few TUV owners (like me), whose tank has been as reliable as ever and haven't faced that many issues like others. Here's wishing you many more such trouble free miles from your TUV for years to come.

For the last year and a half my tank was hardly driven for 4K kms. In fact at some point in time I thought that I can live without a car. If you have noticed I even changed my handle couple of months back from my TUV to my bicycle. I must have driven my bicycle more than my TUV & I am not complaining, when I have reduced the carbon footprint and lost 20 kilos of weight.

My TUV is more than 5.5 years old but it's still on its stock tyres. I want to change them but cannot make my mind as the TUV with new tyres will sit idle in the garage until the lockdown restrictions are lifted. Will let this monsoon pass away and will change the tyres during Diwali time.

Nowadays I don't even look forward to take my TUV out of the garage & it's just letting the dust pile on it.
dieselburner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 01:45   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
If by any chance I make my mind to sell it, I have been zoning down on Harrier (top model AT will cost appx 23-24 lacs OTR) or 2021 Jeep Compass (still not decided on variant as the variant I liked will cost appx 30 lacs). Also as the price touches 25-30 lacs, a good pre worshipped Endeavour or Fortuner start making sense. So overall its a lot of confusion & I keep on passing my time searching for Fortuner or Endeavour online
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for sharing your experiences, dieselburner and AutoIndian. It is encouraging to see both your vehicles running without any major issues. My only major issue has been the small coolant leakage for which they changed the intake manifold. Now I am keeping close watch on the battery and clutch, besides the clutch. Like everyone else, my TUV has done less mileage but still managed about 12,000 km since the last lockdown since there was a very busy period in between and public transport and to an extent even sharing cars with others is a strict no-no so even a few really long distance trips for work which would be taken in cabs or shared cars has been done on the TUV.

Though the pandemic has played havoc with all such plans, I hope to drive about 1.9 - 2.0 lakh km till the 9.5 -10 year limit for these vehicles in the NCR. I have about six years or more (considering hardly any running for a few more weeks) to cover 1.3 lakhs which seems to be quite doable considering the distances I put in easily when work gets going.
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:54   #74
Senior - BHPian

I realised I am updating this thread after almost 16 months. I had the check engine light scare in March and it turned out that one of the plastic hoses for the air intake had a crack. There is still another error registered somewhere (Check Engine Light flashes three times when I start then goes off) which I have to get checked but unable to find the time.

At 84,000 km I finally bit the bullet and replaced the original set of tyres (Apterra HT) with Yokohama Geolandar AT G015. My reason for going for AT was better grip and durability in tough conditions that I end up facing. One week after purchase, I ended up in 10 km of one of the most horrible mud-surface filled 300-500 mm of water in rural Mewat. With the lack of MLD being an issue with the TUV and me not having weighed up the back, I survived the entire stretch purely based on luck, momentum and the AT tyres.

TUV stands at 85,000 km now. Both bumpers are scarred, it needs some cosmetic work but still running on original clutch, battery without any major issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Mahindra TUV300 T6+ MT : Palio MJD replaced-img_20220720_133153.jpg  

architect is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 12:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

Have not been finding time to update this thread but I have crossed 1,00,000 km last month and I am piling them on fast nowadays @2000+ km per month. Timing chain and engine mounts were changed last service. Suspension, Clutch etc are still running original. Will write a longer update soon.
architect is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks