Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2020, 20:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
So FINALLY ! I got my tyres today. After 45 days.

So my advise would be if you are ready to wait, go for it. You will get relatively new tyres at comparatively competitive rates.
Yes, they take some time to procure. One should order through them only when waiting is possible.

A close friend ordered 5 tyres of Innova through them and the price offered by them was unbelievable.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 15:02   #17
BHPian

Finally after contemplating for couple of months, I have placed order on tyremarket website for my TUV.

Brand: Yokohama
Model: Geolandar AT G015
Size: 215/75 R15
Price per tyre: 6,585/-
Shipping: 400/-
Total: 26,740/-

I contemplated between Bridgestone Dueler D693 II AT, Michelin LTX Force and Yokohama Geolandar AT G015. Finally went ahead with Geolandar variant as I heard good reviews like low road noise and smooth ride. Price is almost same on Amazon and other sites, so ordered on Tyremarket site today.

Local dealers quoted 7,100/- for Bridgestone HT and 7,500/- for Michelin LTX.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-screenshot_20200906144523__01__01.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 19:28   #18
BHPian

How does installation work. Do you know the shop which will do the installation and alignment balancing when you purchase the tyres? Do they deliver the tyres to your house and you have to carry it to the shop or do you go to the shop directly? Also are there any fitment charges over and above the costs of the tyres. I am looking to buy 5 tyres and their prices are much better than those of my local tyre shops.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th September 2020 at 19:52. Reason: Minor typo
avi550m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 20:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
How does installation work. Do you know the shop which will do the installation and alignment balancing when you purchase the tyres? Do they deliver the tyres to your house and you have to carry it to the shop or do you go to the shop directly? Also are there any figment charges over and above the costs of the tyres. I am looking to buy 5 tyres and their prices are much better than those of my local try shops.
They have both options, only delivery or delivery with fitment at one of their partner location. This depends on your city. I got only delivery option as my hometown does not have any partnered workshops. They normally delivery via logistics like VRL etc.

While buying you will get option for choosing fitting charges, alignment and balancing. These are chargeable and reasonably priced. They will not provide details upfront, only after payment they will confirm the location of the dealer.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 13:50   #20
BHPian

Today I emailed Tyremarket customer service team to share tracking details and asked them to confirm if they are sending me 2020 manufactured tires. I got below response within few hours. They shared tracking details for each tire, these are being shipped via Delhivery courier service from Banglore location. They also confirmed that these are 2020 manufactured tires .

This is very quick response from Tyremarket people. Also they shipped the tires within a day, which is great service during Covid times. Now the long wait begins, Delhivery courier service is not known for its timely delivery in my hometown.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-screenshot_20200907134306__01.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 12:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Finally after contemplating for couple of months, I have placed order on tyremarket website for my TUV.
So after placing order on Tyremarket website on 6th Sep'20, the tyres were dispatched on next day and I received the tracking details. They were shipped from Bangalore location via Delhivery. I received the tires on 10th Sep'20. Excellent service by Tyremarket.

All 4 tyres were Mar'20 manufactured. I went to local workshop and got them fixed. I was charged 400 for changing all tyres. Then got the alignment and wheel balancing done. These are looking great on my TUV. The workshop person was shocked that I got it for 6,500 per tyre. He said they can provide warranty in case any damage to the tyres as they are authorised resellers for Yokohama .

These are Made in Thailand. As these are AT tyres, I could feel some friction initially and little bit of tyre noise creeping inside cabin. Nothing horrible, the noise will be cancelled by radio output.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-img_20200911_121708.jpg  

Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-img_20200911_121704.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 19:44   #22
BHPian

On 15th Sep I received email from Tyremarket customer service team and they requested details like Tyre No, Vehicle No and other details. They said they will get the tyres registered for warranty purposes. Once again fantastic service. They could have simply said please register on company website. However, they are doing it themselves.

Update on Tyres: It is turning heads and people are enquiring on pricing details. They are working as charm. Yet to test if AT's are having any impact on mileage. Overall very smooth service and highly recommended to anyone.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 15:37   #23

I have bought three sets of tyres from TyreMarket.com in the past one year.

I have purchased UltraMile 4x4 for my Innova Crysta and have clocked around 35k on this set. The ease of process via Tyre Market was perfect and delivery was timely. Also purchased a set for my Honda Jazz V and have clocked around 30k on that too.

For my Honda City VX, I bought Yokohama Earth-1, which was also absolutely perfect and at very competitive prices compared to the offline market.

I have read a few apprehensions here in terms of DOT of tyre. i have faced no such issue yet and i have got present year manufactured tyres or when i bought my tyres in Feb 2020, i got 2019 DOT tyres which i presume as per my best knowledge is not an issue since preferred shelf life of tyres is between 2-3 years until used.

Hope this helps!
manavkejriwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 19:33   #24
BHPian

Quick question for folks who have bought the tyres from this website.
How are you guys getting rid of the old tyres.
Are you selling them off to local tyre shop and if yes are you getting decent prices since you are not buying anything from the shop.
OR is it that you are buying tyres only when the old ones are end of life.
I am tempted to buy them but then the current tyres have a lot of tread left so i am concerned how will i get them sold off.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 22:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Quick question for folks who have bought the tyres from this website.
Are you selling them off to local tyre shop and if yes are you getting decent prices since you are not buying anything from the shop.
OR is it that you are buying tyres only when the old ones are end of life.
I am tempted to buy them but then the current tyres have a lot of tread left so i am concerned how will i get them sold off.
You will be lucky if local tyre shops pay ₹500 per tyre.
Of course for people looking for used tyres, your tyre is priced between ₹1000-1200.

When I contacted tyremarket.com 2 days back, they say we need to get them installed ourselves in Hyderabad.So please check what’s the case at your place. You can strike a deal for old tyres with the installer.Be prepared for lame excuses from the tyre shop, to reduce the price.
If you are fine with your tyres, my Advice is to continue with them.
If vitamin M is not a problem, go ahead with a change.

Note: tyremarket.com said tyres I wanted would be from 2018 or 2019. So confirm age of your preferred tyres. NO to anything more than an year old.

Last edited by greendream : 15th October 2020 at 22:30. Reason: Add another point
greendream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 22:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
You will be lucky if local tyre shops pay ₹500 per tyre.
If you are fine with your tyres, my Advice is to continue with them.
If vitamin M is not a problem, go ahead with a change.
So my 2019 Creta 1.6 VTVT has 205/65 R16 alloys and Goodyear Assurance Triple Max tires currently.
The car was just 4500 on odo when one of the tire had a tire bulge issue and was replaced.
After that I have driven around 3k and no issues so far but somehow I am not comfortable driving a set of tires which gave away in less than 5k.
I have trust issues
I have inquired about Conti UC6 and MC5 both are available at 6k/tire. Michelin I have heard are good but due to some export restrictions sourcing them could be a challenge.
I can still source them but am worried that if there is any issue then getting them replaced might take a lot of time.
Thats when i checked this website and the prices seem reasonable.

Below are my requirements:-

-Same profile 205/65 R16

-Running is mostly in city and occasional highway trips.

-Need something which is a fit it and forget it types along with a silent ride.

Last edited by Artyom : 15th October 2020 at 22:40.
Old 16th October 2020, 08:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
-Same profile 205/65 R16
-Running is mostly in city and occasional highway trips.
-Need something which is a fit it and forget it types along with a silent ride.
Go for Michelins, they are quite good overall in all aspects. If you are looking for a bit cheaper tyre, go for Yokohamas. They're almost as good as Michelins but are a bit cheaper.
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 13:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Go for Michelins, they are quite good overall in all aspects. If you are looking for a bit cheaper tyre, go for Yokohamas. They're almost as good as Michelins but are a bit cheaper.
Just to confirm you are talking about P4ST and Earth one.Right
Old 16th October 2020, 20:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just to confirm you are talking about P4ST and Earth one.Right
Do look at the BluEarth series from Yokohama. For Michelins, P4STs are the way to go.
Please do mail them and ensure that the tyres are recently manufactured.
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 11:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
You can always check with the local vendor who is installing your new tires. They will offer pathetic price like greendream suggested. If you have patience to deal with time wasters, l then do suggest to post on OLX. My tires were having no life left, so my installer did not bother to ask me. He just loaded them in my car after removing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
Of course for people looking for used tyres, your tyre is priced between ₹1000-1200.

When I contacted tyremarket.com 2 days back, they say we need to get them installed ourselves in Hyderabad.
Yeah especially taxi drivers and local resellers will be very much interested.

Really surprised that they do not have authorised installer in a city like Hyderabad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Go for Michelins, they are quite good overall in all aspects. If you are looking for a bit cheaper tyre, go for Yokohamas.
Even I was interested in Micheline HT initially, but I was getting Yokohama's for AT for same price. Also look for Bridgestone tires, they have very good life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks