Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2017, 09:57   #31
BHPian

Re: BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
the bulbs in the fog lamps to white, any idea which bulbs would work? I did contact the Nexa people and they said it cannot be done
Cheers
Hello, yes the stock bulbs are H16 yellows. I'm on a hunt to change them too. Mostly will be buying either from AliEx or GearBest. I'm currently looking for 5000K 30-50W H16 fitment. But I believe these aren't particularly common. Nexa is right in one way because H8/H11 will fit but not correctly. I'll be DIY-ing this. Will update the thread once I've picked them out.
valhallen.282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 16:55   #32
BHPian

Is the ease of driving same as the mid 2000s gen WagonR? We've booked a delta petrol variant here in Goa. The car is available but we've held on to our money till next week to make a final decision. Father would be driving it in city for most periods. He is used to a WagonR which had a sad ending in an accident a month and half back. Are there any chances of a postural problem? (We also own a Brezza and it hasn't caused much of a muscular problem so far). Also, did u receive any basic accessories like floor mats,steering wheel cover?

Last edited by tsk1979 : 22nd December 2017 at 13:59. Reason: spell
Old 22nd December 2017, 13:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Is the ease of driving same as the mid 2000s gen WagonR?. The car is available but we've held on to our money till next week to make a final decision. Father would be driving it in city for most periods. Also, did u receive any basic accessories like floor mats,steering wheel cover?
To answer your questions. Yes it is just as easy. In fact it's easier to drive than the WagonR. If he is DRIVING then it'll do absolutely fine! If he is being driven - mind you the rear seats are more uncomfortable than the WagonR not because of the seats themselves but the suspension. I wouldn't be surprised if you chose to leave behind the Brezza and steal the Ignis for highway runs. It's genuinely that good. But, for the love of God - CHANGE the tyres. And if you can afford to spend a little extra - get the Zeta trim. It's worth the money paid.

Because of all the problems the dealership caused us - they threw in the entire basic accessories package at the same value. So, yes; we got the accessories package. The only useless part of it is the steering wheel cover. I find it adds too much size to an already thick steering wheel. The MGA washing kit is REALLY nice though and includes most things.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 22nd December 2017 at 13:59. Reason: spell fix in quoted msg
valhallen.282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 11:35   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
I wanted the centre of the triangle of performance/price/comfort. So, out went the S-Drives and the 195's and in came a set of 185/60-15.
I bought an Ignis Delta BS6 just before the coronavirus lockdown was imposed in late March. After a few highway runs, have realised the stock Bridgestone Ecopia 150s are a bit noisy on certain highway stretches (got 3M door damping done and it helped, more about that later in a proper thread). And bad luck for me, found two nails in one front and one rear tyre in a matter of just a month. There's a construction site near my place where I pass by now and then. That could be the culprit. I also want to upsize from the stock 175 65 R15. Though it seems fine for city driving, the highway part needs some attention. Some 195 (55/60) R15 on YouTube shows that the tyres come out quite considerably from the body in Ignis and that ruins the taste, though some people may like that look. And 55 profile in Ignis I think is too risky. The ride is already stiff anyway.

Have a few questions. 1) What's the tyre pressure you're maintaining for front and rear in 185-60-R15? 2) Would anyone still recommend 185-65-R15? I don't want to lose ground clearance. But the circumference here becomes bigger at 2.14%, which raises the ground clearance of the already tall car even more, still less than what many say about the maximum and ideal 3% deviation in circumference. 3) How's the ride comfort with 60 profile tyres in Ignis now?
Old 7th September 2020, 12:13   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver52001 View Post
I bought an Ignis Delta BS6 just before the coronavirus lockdown was imposed in late March.
Congratulations for your Ignis.

Quote:
Have a few questions.

I think this (Maruti Ignis : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread) is a proper thread to discuss about tyre upgrade. You'll get answers to your queries here.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 16:15   #36
BHPian

I noticed that the Alpha variant has chrome garnish in the grille. Though I have a 2020 model Delta variant and the grille design is different, the outer shape is the same. I have been looking to install the chrome garnish in the Delta variant, but no dealership has it for quite some time now, though they have other chrome stuff like for windows and boot door.

After much searching, I found something on Boodmo that looks like those are chrome garnish. However, I wanted to be sure and need a second opinion on closer look, to determine whether this is the same garnish that comes installed in Alpha variant.

Below are how the Delta grille looks like without the chrome garnish:

BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT-img_20200921_153739.jpg

BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT-img_20200921_153744.jpg

And below are two screenshots of the upper and lower garnish. It would be nice if the good folks here can determine whether this would fit the Delta variant. The hyperlink to the product page that has part number and other details is in my query, and one can also zoom into the photos.

BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT-capture.jpg

BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT-capture1.jpg
driver52001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 18:33   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The catalog for the facelift isn't seen on boodmo yet; but I presume the parts whose screenshots you've attached will work in the facelift too.

In addition to what you've posted, the left and right side chrome moldings surrounding the headlights will also be required .

BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT-screenshot_20200921182103_1.jpg

BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT-screenshot_20200921182125_1.jpg

Here is a picture of our bhpian @Mi10 's Zeta for reference

BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT-420b0d1a575c417cade5e124c0871692.jpeg

Please compare your car's pics with this one, re-confirm and only if you're sure, order the parts.

Last edited by vigsom : 21st September 2020 at 18:40.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 13:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Please compare your car's pics with this one, re-confirm and only if you're sure, order the parts.
Today I dropped by office on a hunch, which is just 3 km from home, after I remembered the parking lot usually has 2 Alphas whose owners are presumably our staff. I called the attendant to confirm if the cars are there and luckily found one despite the work-from-home situation. It's not the 2020 facelift, but the grille has the same outer dimension and shape.

And thanks for the heads-up on those two more parts that are needed near the headlights. This was all the push I needed. So am ordering the chrome garnish today. For Rs 600-800 each, price doesn't seem to be on the higher side, considering they are supposed to be original parts (have never used Boodmo before, so fingers crossed). And if for some reason they don't fit in the 2020 BS6 version, I'll look to sell it on some classifieds website or ask around if any Ignis lower variant owner wants them.

PS: The 185 60/R15 in forum member @Mi10 Ignis Zeta looks aesthetically perfect; it's neither too wide nor too narrow. And as he has said, the handling has improved a bit. 195 in Ignis seemed quite huge when I went to check, though it has the minimum deviation of all ideal upsize options for Ignis. Still, am assuming for mostly city use and occasional highway runs 185 would suffice. Those who 'live' on the highway may prefer 195 Am also looking to get 185-60 in a few weeks.

Last edited by driver52001 : 22nd September 2020 at 13:10. Reason: Price correction
Old 1st April 2021, 15:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:

And thanks for the heads-up on those two more parts that are needed near the headlights. This was all the push I needed. So am ordering the chrome garnish today. For Rs 600-800 each, price doesn't seem to be on the higher side, considering they are supposed to be original parts (have never used Boodmo before, so fingers crossed). And if for some reason they don't fit in the 2020 BS6 version, I'll look to sell it on some classifieds website or ask around if any Ignis lower variant owner wants them.
Hi, congrats on buying the Ignis. I also have an Ignis in Delta variant. I was also looking for this chrome garnish. Did it fit? If yes, can you please share the picture?

Last edited by Sheel : 1st April 2021 at 21:46. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Please trim your posts as a long quoted post inconveniences our mobile phone readers. Thanks.
Old 30th October 2021, 16:28   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhillon View Post
Hi, congrats on buying the Ignis. I also have an Ignis in Delta variant. I was also looking for this chrome garnish. Did it fit? If yes, can you please share the picture?
Hi, apologies for the terribly late response. I am a noob here and lost track of this thing. Here's the pic (below) of the grill garnish that I got from Boodmo. Got 4 parts - upper (long), lower (long), right (short) and left (short). It's a perfect fit for Ignis (BS6) 2020 and earlier versions. However, the fog light housing is different in 2020+ and previous versions. Mine is the Delta trim. Added MGA 15 inch black alloys, Sony XAV-AX5000 capacitive touchscreen head unit, Yoko 185/65/R15 and finally, damping on all doors from 3M. It's grippy, handles well now and is relatively silent in city speeds.

BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT-img_20211030_144954_2.jpg
driver52001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 19:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, apologies for the terribly late response. I am a noob here and lost track of this thing. Here's the pic (below) of the grill garnish that I got from Boodmo. Got 4 parts - upper (long), lower (long), right (short) and left (short). Mine is the Delta trim.
Thanks for sharing! Were you able to add the Chrome Lining as a Do-It-Yourself activity on your own or did you have to get it fit at the Service Center ?
Old 2nd November 2021, 01:39   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Thanks for sharing! Were you able to add the Chrome Lining as a Do-It-Yourself activity on your own or did you have to get it fit at the Service Center ?
I tried it myself first, but didn't succeed. Then I remembered an accessories guy at Nexa who I happened to meet to install the head unit way back. He was skilled and street smart, knew how to do stuff well. I got in touch with him. He looked at the parts I got and installed them cleanly. What I figured is if you want these installed, you might have to go to a service center or FNG since the entire bumper needs to be taken out to replace the plastic parts. And then there are one-time use plastic fasteners that break when you take out the old plastic garnish, all of which need to be replaced with fresh ones. Lastly, I suspect the usual dealership accessories guys won't be able to do this since the garnish is considered a "part" and not "accessories" that can be plugged and played at the dealership level. I got lucky to find that chap. If you're in Delhi and get these from Boodmo, Salman at Rana Nexa in East of Kailash is the guy who can install it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks