Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2018, 17:35   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post

Please do check the VIN and for any other issues. Have been hearing that Rapids if earlier years have been sold as new ones.

Had checked the VIN before complete payment , is a July manufactured car only.

Update 17:00 hrs- the clutch slave cylinder was replaced under warranty and the clutch seems to be working fine. Have taken the car home. Let's hope all stays good.
Old 30th August 2018, 09:10   #32
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
Update 17:00 hrs- the clutch slave cylinder was replaced under warranty and the clutch seems to be working fine. Have taken the car home. Let's hope all stays good.
This gives a scare especially when I have Rapid as one of my considerations, but I hope these days Skoda is also attending to issues with greater care, offering enhanced ownership experience and all that.

By the way, how did you get the mist-in-the-headlamp issue sorted? I would like to know.

By all this aside, it appears to be a stunning and great car. Many congratulations!

I would also like to know how the seat covers appear since they are fitted at the dealers level.

For Rapid TDI MT, one of the Delhi dealers has given me an offer of discount of 75K and a further Corp discount of 25K without bargain. Yet to finalise, so haven't proceeded more.
Old 30th August 2018, 16:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
By the way, how did you get the mist-in-the-headlamp issue sorted? I would like to know.
The mist-in-the-headlamp does not seem to be an issue as long as it goes away. Infact the owners manual also mentions that the headlight may fog up. The ASS also reassured me that this is absolutely normal.

Quote:
By all this aside, it appears to be a stunning and great car. Many congratulations!

I would also like to know how the seat covers appear since they are fitted at the dealers level.
Thank you, indeed if i leave all this aside, its a treat to drive. The seat covers look absolutely stunning. I'll try and click some pictures and upload them later in the night.

Quote:
For Rapid TDI MT, one of the Delhi dealers has given me an offer of discount of 75K and a further Corp discount of 25K without bargain. Yet to finalise, so haven't proceeded more.
Yes there are hefty discounts ongoing. From where I see it, you may be able too squeeze him some more
Old 30th August 2018, 20:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, indeed if i leave all this aside, its a treat to drive. The seat covers look absolutely stunning. I'll try and click some pictures and upload them later in the night.
Great to hear this! I also feel that the clutch issue you had must be a rare and isolated one only.

Will indeed wait for the pictures to come up here.
Old 3rd September 2018, 10:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramji_or View Post
Congratulations @ Shubhu3112!!!. The Rapid X screams perfect. Accessories from SuperSkoda are subtle and elegant. The red noodle mat lifts the interiors by quite a few notches. Did you DIY or purchased it?
I purchased the heavy duty 3M mats from emahendra.com and cut them to my requirement. Works way better than the standard 3M mats available at the 3M outlets.
shubhu3112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 12:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Great to hear this! I also feel that the clutch issue you had must be a rare and isolated one only.

Will indeed wait for the pictures to come up here.
Attaching some pictures of the interior and exterior of the car!

Apologies for the delay, was off to pune for the weekend
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review-img_6678.jpg  

Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review-img_6679.jpg  

Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review-img_6804.jpg  

Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review-img_6805.jpg  

Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review-img_6806.jpg  

Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review-img_6807.jpg  

Old 8th September 2018, 13:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Attaching some pictures of the interior and exterior of the car!
It is indeed a great looking car. Yes, the leather covers are very well fitted. And the best seems to be the perforated cover on the steering

You must be getting increasingly addicted to it...
Old 17th September 2018, 11:29   #38
BHPian

I have just completed a relatively spirited drive from Bangalore-Sakleshpur-Bangalore. Total trip distance was around 600 Kms and the drive was a mix of 20% S mode and 80% D. I had the AC temperature set at 22 degrees with 3 adults on board. The total FE was around 16.5 KMPL. This was the first drive after the run in period and i was able to floor the accelerator without any hesitation. I used Cruise control for around 30% of the trip at a set speed of 120 KpH. This was fun since the way the car accelerated with cruise control on,after a slowdown, was amazing. The acceleration using cruise control cannot be matched by the manual acceleration. Only thing is to make sure that the engine is ticking over 1500 RPM to get the max of the acceleration using Cruise control.

I was a bit apprehensive about the road conditions and whether I should actually take the Rapid or fall back on my trusted Figo D. The Rapid did surprise me by its ability to tackle softroading. The car did not bottom out even once while driving through some non existent roads and returned to Bangalore completely squeak free. The low beams functioned well but i felt that the high beam needs a bit of improvement in highway conditions with multiple light sources. Attached are a few pics of the vehicle taken at our AirBnB stay.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review-1.jpg  

Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review-2.jpg  

Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review-3.jpg  

Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review-4.jpg  

shubhu3112 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 16:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats the Rapid looks great in this color plus with the gloss black grills and smoked headlights it certainly adds to a cool look. In cruise control doesn't the car just maintains that speed constantly or does it vary, sorry I am a noob in cruise control tech
Old 18th September 2018, 10:56   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats the Rapid looks great in this color plus with the gloss black grills and smoked headlights it certainly adds to a cool look. In cruise control doesn't the car just maintains that speed constantly or does it vary, sorry I am a noob in cruise control tech
Cruise control technology has multiple variations based on the price point. Some vehicles use radar based CC to maintain a safe distance from the vehicles in front and accelerate/decelerate, as needed.

In my Rapid, the cruise control can be set to a speed (Say 120 KpH) and the car would maintain the same speed till the brake pedal is pressed. The brakes deactivate the CC. However, i can always turn on the CC by the press of a button on the controls. This is where the car accelerates from a low speed to the set speed of 120 KpH. This acceleration is extremely addictive.
Old 1st October 2018, 09:42   #41
BHPian

I have finally got an additional alloy wheel for the spare tyre of my Rapid. I just wanted to play safe and ensure that I have a full size spare along with the alloy. There were a few apprehensions if the full size wheel would fit into the spare wheel slot but I must say that it fits in very well. The final cost was :

Edition X 16 Inch Alloy Wheel : 10,000
Michelin XM2 195/55 R16 : 8,000
Exchange price for the steel wheel with space saver Good year tyre : 2,500

Total Damages : 15,500

I know that the cost might seem a bit high for a spare wheel but i wanted the peace of mind while travelling long distances with my family. Attached is the pic of the new 16 Inch wheel fitting into the bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review-alloy.jpg  

shubhu3112 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 18:12   #42
BHPian

Congratulations on your hot red steed. The red and black color scheme all around is indeed fabulous. Just a question though, were these seat covers part of the OE or did you add them.

Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this car and a hassle free experience with Skoda.
Old 2nd October 2018, 07:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhu3112 View Post

Edition X 16 Inch Alloy Wheel : 10,000
Michelin XM2 195/55 R16 : 8,000
Exchange price for the steel wheel with space saver Good year tyre : 2,500

Total Damages : 15,500
Where did you procure the Edition X alloy wheel from ?
10K is very reasonable for an original skoda alloy wheel.

The car looks dashing.
Old 2nd October 2018, 20:09   #44
BHPian

Can someone throw some light on how powerful these projector headlamps are? I keep reading on some of the older Rapid/Vento forums that the headlamps are pretty weak, and scary on the highways at night. Does this still continue with the Edition X as well?
Old 2nd October 2018, 23:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Where did you procure the Edition X alloy wheel from ?
10K is very reasonable for an original skoda alloy wheel.

The car looks dashing.
I got it from TAFE access, Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks