Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th April 2020, 17:25   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi

Nice round up of two years with all the details I lost track of all my expenses in last 6 years Btw Ford seems to have decreased the price of that engine guard from 9K to a more reasonable 2k. That is the first thing to go for many people. Even the plastic guard accessory is lost by many Bhpians. I was thinking of making an aftermarket custom metal guard like Ecosport Rules but was too lazy to do it yet.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post3198798 (My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!)
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 19:23   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
, Bhutan Drive : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...-ecosport.html (An unplanned drive: Bangalore to Bhutan in an EcoSport)
, Dudhsagar-Kundapura-Manipal and Coimbatore-Varkala-Trivandrum-Kanyakumari drive.
I read your Bhutan travelogue (when I wasn’t a member) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Your car looks absolutely smashing in that color. I hope your ride takes you to many more places in the years to come and you keep us feeding with your interesting travelogues
sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 19:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
I read your Bhutan travelogue (when I wasn’t a member) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Your car looks absolutely smashing in that color. I hope your ride takes you to many more places in the years to come and you keep us feeding with your interesting travelogues

Thanks a lot Sahil! The color is slowly growing on to be my favorite color in EcoSport and I always wanted a black one though.
Travelogues actually I'm not finding much time to write all of them as 90% of the drives are sudden weekend drives and I'll try to write down those drives as well in the Future!
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 11:46   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Nice round up of two years with all the details I lost track of all my expenses in last 6 years Btw Ford seems to have decreased the price of that engine guard from 9K to a more reasonable 2k. That is the first thing to go for many people. Even the plastic guard accessory is lost by many Bhpians. I was thinking of making an aftermarket custom metal guard like Ecosport Rules but was too lazy to do it yet.
Thanks Samrat, and sadly most of the people don't know that such an accessory exists. For diesel, the guard comes as standard. The one I've installed is a cardboard type material and the plastic one costs about 4k. To custom make an after market one is a task because most of the welders do not fabricate engine guards near my area and worried about rusting as well.

Mileage I've been getting is 14-16 in Bangalore city , 18-20 in highways. Maximum mileage I've got is 22 and most of the time I drive more enthusiastically so I do not focus more on the mileage. Haven't tried using any fuel additives as I'm skeptical about emissions and engine life.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 14:57   #50
BHPian

Lockdown tinkering

I came across a post on Facebook and there was an update to update sync 3 to version 3.4. It is a straightforward process and takes about 20 minutes to update.

For Endeavor, it'll take about 40-45 minutes as it has a navigation module.

Before starting to go for this update, please do it at your own risk. If updated, don't update APIM modules from FASS as Sync v3.4 is not supported in India and Ford has not released any official update for this version.

Go to this link below as it has a detailed set of instructions to install the update.

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/updat...ars-3-4-19200/

The final results after update:

The build details:
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20200504_133402__01.jpg

The home screen of Sync 3 v3.4
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20200504_134559.jpg

Note that for EcoSport /Freestyle use Rest of the World Non-Navigation file for installing in the 2nd pen drive.

For Endeavor, use Rest of the world- Navigation file for installing in the 2nd pendrive.

Keep the engine ON during the update process(recommended).
At least the ignition must be in ON to perform the update

One thing I noticed after the update is that the temperature on the Sync screen is more accurate than the previous version. Also, the functions such as Android Auto/Car play also will work as it was before the update.

Last edited by jithin23 : 4th May 2020 at 15:08.
jithin23 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed