Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2013, 01:22   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Hey guys,

We are" almost" close to finish the metal engine guard we were discussing before.

The credit goes to my friend Chandu who took all the trouble of sourcing, cutting, resizing and finishing.You can see him in the pictures, he is another person who has booked the ecosport much before 26 June but still desperately waiting for delivery.

Our findings are,

1.The final weight of the fabricated guard will be around 8kg after the rubber coating.Where as the accessory ABS engine guard from Ford is 5kgs and the carpet like guard which came with the car was around 1kg(its actually more of a sound deadening pad than a guard)

2.The fabricated guard is made of 1.5mm SS 304 grade.

3.Notice the water drain channels and screw holes.

4.We are planning to rubberise the guard on both sides using three full coats of 3M scutz gold underbody treatment for an original sound deadening effect.

5.Now we can be rest assured about the unfortunate hits from below.

Hope it was helpful.

Thats the stock carpet like guard which came with the car.
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-stock-carpet-like-guard.jpg

Thats Dashrath from Mody Ford with the accessory ABS engine guard.
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-img20130731wa0000.jpg

Cutting and sizing
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-compare-original-carpet-guard-after-cutting.jpg
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-p1.jpg

Checking thickness with vernier( 1.5mm)
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-thickness-check-vernier.jpg

Roughening for perfect substrate finish to bind rubber coating.
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-buffing-surface.jpg

Drilling holes
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-drilling-holes.jpg

Marking for water drainage channels
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-marking-water-channel.jpg

Creating water drain channels
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-creating-water-channels.jpg

The semifinished product with drains
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-semi-finished-water-drainage.jpg

Checking weight 7.27kg before rubberising with 3M schutz gold
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-checking-weight.jpg

Thats Chandu proudly posing off with his creation (yet to be rubberized with 3M.)
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-thats-chandu-posing-off-finished-product.jpg
ecosport rules is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 09:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hey guys,

Anybody interested in sunroof ?
Hebasto has a model for ecosport.
Heard they do a decent job.

Cheers
how much is the webasto sunroof costing ?
Old 4th August 2013, 18:25   #78
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey EcoSport - Nice work with the Engine guard - Do we really require it? The ABS one seems decent enough to handle stone chips and if one is beached even the metal one may not be sufficient protection. It does add about 8kgs to the wt on a permanent basis.

Last edited by ACM : 4th August 2013 at 18:26.
Old 4th August 2013, 18:36   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
how much is the webasto sunroof costing ?

They said it is around 45k

Just came across this ecosport without the tailgate mounted spare tyre.
Notice the location of the ford logo.
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-img20130505wa0001.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 18:43   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Hey EcoSport - Nice work with the Engine guard - Do we really require it? The ABS one seems decent enough to handle stone chips and if one is beached even the metal one may not be sufficient protection. It does add about 8kgs to the wt on a permanent basis.
Dear ACM,

ABS engine guards weight is 5kgs.
SS steel guard which we fabricated is 8kgs.
So the effective increase in weight is only 3kgs.
IMO metal guard will offer atleast twice or thrice the protection of ABS guard and 3kg increase in weight is negligible for peace of mind which it will offer
ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 18:49   #81
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
How much would such a box cost? Where can we get it in Mumbai? And most importantly, what about the warranty?
Quote:
Thank you frankmehta.
I am really interested in a tuning box, but very concerned about warranty.
Can you please clarify and give me a contact in hyderabad.
About 20-21K from RD

Warranty void if detected went sent for service. The Box though can be removed in 5 mins before the vehicle is sent for service and the warranty then would not be affected.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 06:28   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Dear ACM,

ABS engine guards weight is 5kgs.
SS steel guard which we fabricated is 8kgs.
So the effective increase in weight is only 3kgs.
IMO metal guard will offer atleast twice or thrice the protection of ABS guard and 3kg increase in weight is negligible for peace of mind which it will offer
Can anyone fabricate the engine guard ? How does one go about fabricating the same ? Did you use the same mounting screws which came with the ABS plastic engine guard and will the screws be able to hold the additional increase in weight when compared to ABS plastic.

Sorry for asking too many questions but I am very curious on the Engine guard.
Old 5th August 2013, 11:59   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
Can anyone fabricate the engine guard ? How does one go about fabricating the same ? Did you use the same mounting screws which came with the ABS plastic engine guard and will the screws be able to hold the additional increase in weight when compared to ABS plastic.

Sorry for asking too many questions but I am very curious on the Engine guard.
Dear aceman,

I have detailed the procedure of fabrication.
We used the same mounting screws and they offer a perfect solid hold.(the additional weight is 3kg spread over 5 screws)
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 12:44   #84
BHPian

Congratulations Ecosport Rules!

Nice to know you got the first one, I was supposed to get the first one @Mody Ford. I was the first one to book @Mody Ford on 20th Aug 2012. They refunded me on 15 May 2013, then I did not book again till last month. Waiting for Madhu to deliver my EcoSport soon (Black Titanium).

Last edited by bageherath : 5th August 2013 at 12:45.
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 16:32   #85
BHPian

hey ecosport rules,

I would request you to please share information of any aftermarket accessories (not the official ford ones) you have installed in the following thread too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ble-india.html

Disclaimer :- Mods this is not a promotion post. Rather a request to share information for the overall benefit of fellow members.
Old 13th August 2013, 14:04   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They said it is around 45k

Just came across this ecosport without the tailgate mounted spare tyre.
Notice the location of the ford logo.
This is either a mod job or photoshop trick. And i think it looks far less impressive with that large surface with no creases/patterns at all. Kinda makes it look a generation older.
Old 4th September 2013, 03:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

Amazing thread ecosport rules!

My dad booked the Ecosport in July and since then I've been scouring the internet, looking for OEM headlights with integrated DRLs.

I think Ford India shouldn't have removed those in the first place, as they were so beautifully integrated in the headlights and weren't an additional accessory etc. + they aid in better visibility of the car to others thereby upping the safety of the car.

(I have DRLs in my i20 and I have noticed a change in the behavior of oncoming drivers after I installed them and definitely think that they aid in increasing the visual signature of the car.)

Any help/tips regarding sourcing those headlamps would be really appreciated.

Btw, regarding the foglamp bezel integrated DRLs, I really wanted to see how bright they actually are in full sunlight. Usually most of the fabricators tend to overlook things such as what kind of LED they are using, adequate heatsinking, Optics(reflectors and lenses), proper LED drivers etc.

These can lead to dim, unreliable or fast failing LEDs etc.

If you have them installed, can you take a pic around mid day to show whether the foglamp DRLs are functional?

Again, I really appreciate your thread and 'hunger'(as I call it) for OEM/near stock looking accessories.
I'm really glad to see you interested in Ecosport OEM DRLs. During my search, I found that almost noone was interested in them.

I am an OEM guy myself and all the mods on my i20 appear stock and never alter the look of my baby at all! (untill the lights come on! hehe)
sohail99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 22:14   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Amazing thread ecosport rules!

My dad booked the Ecosport in July and since then I've been scouring the internet, looking for OEM headlights with integrated DRLs.

Any help/tips regarding sourcing those headlamps would be really appreciated.

Again, I really appreciate your thread and 'hunger'(as I call it) for OEM/near stock looking accessories.
I'm really glad to see you interested in Ecosport OEM DRLs. During my search, I found that almost noone was interested in them.

I am an OEM guy myself and all the mods on my i20 appear stock and never alter the look of my baby at all! (untill the lights come on! hehe)

Thank you Sohail, Did you get the delivery of the vehicle?

I am working on the drls, better projector lighting , installing the tweeters , modifying the roof bars, installing light inside glove box,installing the spoiler without screws and covering the gap between the rear seat and parcel tray .Will soon keep you posted.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 9th September 2013 at 22:42.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 10:23   #89
BHPian

Really appreciate your efforts here !
Just wonder how much time and effort you put on making your wishes realize , i have had hard time in getting the basic accessories sourced from the local dealer , all i hear is no availability for the individual pack , pedals etc :-( .
Shall wait for your post with all the details of further additions made .
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 14:20   #90

Quote:

I am working on the drls, better projector lighting , installing the tweeters , modifying the roof bars, installing light inside glove box,installing the spoiler without screws and covering the gap between the rear seat and parcel tray .Will soon keep you posted.
Hi ecosport rules,

Congrats on your buy!

I received by EcoSport on the 8th of Sep and my first drive was back home from the dealer which happened to be a 400 Km trip. After the trip I realized that the ES, just like any other new car is a "dust-magnet". I was afraid of dust particles scratching the new surface and washed the car with bare hands and water. Call it being paranoid but I thought using a wet cloth might cause scratches.

Now, I came across a few threads discussing a coat of wax/protection that could prevent the car from losing its sheen for an extended period of time. I wanted to know if this is applicable for a new vehicle? If yes, would you recommend it to a Diamond White Ecosport?
firsttimeowner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks