Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2013, 16:18   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

I did made a visible comparison yesterday between blue ultra vision bulbs and HID kit of Philips. HID kit was way better and it asked for only a small hole cutting in rubber mask at back of the light whereas blue vision light are direct fit. but the real catch is in the price.
Bulbs at just 900 whereas HID at 10000.
Old 11th September 2013, 19:47   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I did made a visible comparison yesterday between blue ultra vision bulbs and HID kit of Philips. HID kit was way better and it asked for only a small hole cutting in rubber mask at back of the light whereas blue vision light are direct fit. but the real catch is in the price.
Let me tell you, that HIDs are worth it. As long as they don't blind the oncoming traffic. You'll have to take special care of this since the Ecosport doesn't have projectors.
Since you have seen them both simultaneously, did you see if the HIDs were disturbing the oncoming traffic?

Apart from the small cutting in the rubber mask, what other wiring is required for HIDs?

Last edited by DeKay : 11th September 2013 at 19:48.
Old 12th September 2013, 08:55   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Let me tell you, that HIDs are worth it. As long as they don't blind the oncoming traffic. You'll have to take special care of this since the Ecosport doesn't have projectors.
Since you have seen them both simultaneously, did you see if the HIDs were disturbing the oncoming traffic?

Apart from the small cutting in the rubber mask, what other wiring is required for HIDs?
HID did not looked so intense but might affect the vehicle coming forth.
as far as wiring is concerned, mechanic told me that there will be any cut and it will be a vanilla fitting.

I am also hunting for Hella bulbs and philips T10 to improve the brightness and get white light. they will be very easy to mount and pocket friendly too
Old 12th September 2013, 09:20   #94
BHPian

Quote:
HID did not looked so intense but might affect the vehicle coming forth.
as far as wiring is concerned, mechanic told me that there will be any cut and it will be a vanilla fitting.

I am also hunting for Hella bulbs and philips T10 to improve the brightness and get white light. they will be very easy to mount and pocket friendly too
You can get the Philips T10 bulbs here:

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/ph...-w5w-t10-4000k

And the Hella's here:

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/hell...m_campaign=310

By the way, why are you looking for them anyway?

Instead of looking for whiter light, I would definitely recommend Philips X-Treme Vision or Osram Nighbreakers. They're better than non HID white bulbs.

Last edited by DeKay : 12th September 2013 at 09:25.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 09:31   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can get the Philips T10 bulbs here:

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/ph...-w5w-t10-4000k

And the Hella's here:

By the way, why are you looking for them anyway?

Instead of looking for whiter light, I would definitely recommend Philips X-Treme Vision or Osram Nighbreakers. They're better than non HID white bulbs.
Ok. what about Philips Diamond vision with 5000k. Hella is also of the same configuration whereas the one you are suggesting have only 3000k.

Please recommend a T10 bulb as well for parking lights
Old 12th September 2013, 09:58   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. what about Philips Diamond vision with 5000k. Hella is also of the same configuration whereas the one you are suggesting have only 3000k.

Please recommend a T10 bulb as well for parking lights
I have used Philips Diamond Vision bulbs and let me tell you, they're absolutely useless. They're worse than stock headlamps.

Go for Philips X-Treme Vision H4 bulbs. They're not white but provide 100% more light on the road as compared to OEM headlamps.
DeKay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 08:58   #97
Senior - BHPian

I ordered Philips Extreme vision for ecosport headlamps from ebay.

hope to get it soon.
Old 13th September 2013, 11:19   #98

Quote:
I ordered Philips Extreme vision for ecosport headlamps from ebay.

hope to get it soon.
Hi ruchirtnt, Is this the description you are talking about?

"100% Original Philips Extreme X-treme Vision Car Headlight Bulbs Bulb H4 60/55W"

Will the usage of after market headlight bulbs void the warranty? Is there any specific information with respect to which changes will affect the warranty and which will not?

Please let me know the outcome of fitting the Philips Extreme Vision in your ES, I feel extremely deprived and unsecure during night driving on Highways. Not to mention the fact that Ritz and Swift have better headlights than the ES. They overtook me!
firsttimeowner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 12:21   #99
Senior - BHPian

Yes. this is the one.
It will not void the warranty since it is a simple plug and play bulb. Warranty void can only arise in HID xenon lights.

Performance will be great since I got rave reviews and good feedback of the product
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 14:57   #100
BHPian

I have used both philips extreme vision and Osram night breaker. Both are simply fantastic compared to other oem bulbs.
You will see a marked difference in lighting.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 16:17   #101
BHPian

The mentioned ones are 110/120 where as we have 55/60 as OEM , wont they cause warranty / heat issues ?

Last edited by ranjithrnair : 13th September 2013 at 16:19.
Old 13th September 2013, 16:21   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post

The mentioned ones are 110/120 where as we have 55/60 as OEM , wont they cause warranty / heat issues ?
check this one

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/auto...799992?pos=0;1
Old 15th September 2013, 09:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimeowner View Post
Hi ecosport rules,

Congrats on your buy!

I was afraid of dust particles scratching the new surface and washed the car with bare hands and water. Call it being paranoid but I thought using a wet cloth might cause scratches.

Now, I came across a few threads discussing a coat of wax/protection that could prevent the car from losing its sheen for an extended period of time. I wanted to know if this is applicable for a new vehicle? If yes, would you recommend it to a Diamond White Ecosport?
Congrats on your new vehicle first time owner
Believe me I did that with by bare hands several times.
You can apply one coat of paint sealent from 3m , will give you water beading from 3 to 6 months depending on number of water washes.Product name is 3m performance synthetic wax
Cheers

Quote:
HIDs are way better but I suggest you get projectors too.Wiring is very simple , no tampering of original wires.

Quote:

They dont blind the oncoming trafic in lowbeam mode.

H4 wiring:Wiring is pretty much socket to socket except one power supply will be taken from the battery to ballasts and the ecosport has provision for this and the ballasts will be grounded also.

H11 fog lamp HID:100% socket to socket, no grounding of ballasts no power supply wire from battery

Quote:
I have used Philips Diamond Vision bulbs and let me tell you, they're absolutely useless. They're worse than stock headlamps.

Go for Philips X-Treme Vision H4 bulbs. They're not white but provide 100% more light on the road as compared to OEM headlamps.
Absolutely right, always remember the whiter the light the lesser the penetration is.Will attach a picture for back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post

Never make the mistake of increasing the wattage, which will effect both warranty and the combination switches.Go for brighter bulbs in same wattage or even better are HIDs.I am working on HIDs with projectors and DRLs.Will keep you guys posted.
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130911013238.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130813020844.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130813021056.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-img20130915wa0001.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-img20130915wa0000.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-img20130915wa0002.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-img20130915wa0003.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-img20130915wa0004.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 09:45   #104
BHPian

ecosport rules,

Please shed some more light (pun intended) on the headlamp set-up you've done on your car^.

How did you manage to source those DRLs? And what about the projectors? Cost involved? I want a smiliar setup for my Ecosport and I've been trying to look this up on the interweb but couldn't find anything useful.

Last edited by DeKay : 15th September 2013 at 09:49.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 11:55   #105
Senior - BHPian

^^+1 to above, though my car is still a month away i'm keen on installing DRL's first and projectors after a while. Do the DRL's double-up as indicators too ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks