Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 14:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rooh: Mercedes-Benz C300d AMG Line!

Hey congrats on your C300 and wish you happy and safe miles.

Can you (if possible) post a video of the adaptive high beams in action in Indian conditions? I have the adaptive xenon setup in my beemer and even here in Germany, I could hardly use them due to traffic density and was wondering how this would work in our traffic conditions.

Thanks in advance and happy miles.
Old 19th January 2020, 09:47   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Hey congrats on your C300 and wish you happy and safe miles.

Can you (if possible) post a video of the adaptive high beams in action in Indian conditions? I have the adaptive xenon setup in my beemer and even here in Germany, I could hardly use them due to traffic density and was wondering how this would work in our traffic conditions.

Thanks in advance and happy miles.
There is a manual mode to make the beam full throw for Indian roads
Old 20th January 2020, 15:39   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
There is a manual mode to make the beam full throw for Indian roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Can you (if possible) post a video of the adaptive high beams in action in Indian conditions?
Thank you! I will try and grab a video with the multibeam setup in action. In 20k kms I have covered in my car, the multibeam setup has worked brilliantly. The car just switches over to high-beams when it thinks it safe to do so and blocks out certain segments to avoid dazzling oncoming traffic.
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:52   #49

Hi Akunchala,
I hope your Rooh is doing more miles and bringing you more joy each day.

Mine on the other hand has been constantly bugging me with trouble, it is the third time in as many months that the front tyre issue has come up now. My car has been at the service station more than it has been in my garage. I am thinking of a permanent solution to this, can you advise?

I am also creating a new thread about this and I would really like to find out if there is some technical issue with the cars design and how many more of Mercedes C Class owners are facing this very issue of front tyres bursting or developing infirmities and cuts by just going through pot holes. If we could really gather some evidence about number of people facing the same issue we can request Mercedes India to look into it and find a permanent solution to this.

Please share your thoughts on this. @Akunchala

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by khan_sultan : 22nd January 2020 at 11:39. Reason: see mod note
Old 26th January 2020, 12:21   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_reloaded View Post
I am also creating a new thread about this and I would really like to find out if there is some technical issue with the cars design
Hi Hitman,

Oh damn! I feel sorry for you mate. I look forward to seeing your thread. My car, fortunately, has not had any more trouble since then. Did you escalate this issue with Mercedes's management? Are they replacing the tyres under warranty? Have you verified if the alloy wheel is alright?

Best,
Arun

PS: Quote me on your reply so that I get a notification.
Old 26th January 2020, 15:37   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by akunchala View Post
Hi Hitman,

Oh damn! I feel sorry for you mate. I look forward to seeing your thread. My car, fortunately, has not had any more trouble since then. Did you escalate this issue with Mercedes's management? Are they replacing the tyres under warranty? Have you verified if the alloy wheel is alright?

Best,
Arun

PS: Quote me on your reply so that I get a notification.
I have taken it up with Mercedes's Management and they have suggested to replace all 4 tyres with Pirellis which apparently have thicker side walls and would prevent such a mishap in the future. They are working on doing so as I type and wait.
The alloy was damaged on the second tyre cut and the dealership in Pune in stead of replacing it, did some balancing and put it on the front right instead of its original left. I feel it was due to this that the third tyre crack happened.
It is really frustrating to have the car spend more time in the workshop than in my hands.
Old 26th January 2020, 18:53   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I have taken it up with Mercedes's Management and they have suggested to replace all 4 tyres with Pirellis which apparently have thicker side walls and would prevent such a mishap in the future. They are working on doing so as I type and wait.
Are there any emails you have about this? I would love to check with my dealer as well.
Old 17th March 2020, 13:04   #53

Quote:
Are there any emails you have about this? I would love to check with my dealer as well.
Sorry for the delayed response. Must thank the Co-ViD19 pandemic for allowing me a break and to really get back on this forum. Please see the attached screenshot which explains the situation.
Attached Thumbnails
My Rooh: Mercedes-Benz C300d AMG Line!-screenshot-20200317-1.01.02-pm.png  

hitman_reloaded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 14:45   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Please see the attached screenshot which explains the situation.
Thank you for sharing. I am going to share this with my service center and see where it goes. Is your car back after the replacement? Did you have any further trouble?
Old 17th March 2020, 15:59   #55

Quote:
Thank you for sharing. I am going to share this with my service center and see where it goes. Is your car back after the replacement? Did you have any further trouble?
It is back and so far no trouble. They had misaligned the steering after the replacement which I got corrected. Other than that it seems ok so far. *touchwood* 😅.
How is your experience about the tyres? Have you had any issues other than the one you posted on this thread?
hitman_reloaded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 01:29   #56

Hi, hoping you're still crunching many miles with Rooh, give us some updates too. How has the ownership experience been after close to 2 years?
Old 17th March 2021, 13:11   #57
BHPian

Hi, a well-written ownership review on your Merc!

And, BTW, your Merc looks hot in Black, and one last question, how's the experience with your Merc after 2 years of ownership?

Last edited by Aditya : 28th October 2021 at 05:59. Reason: Mention of address deleted
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 23:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have and so far they have not been very positive about it.. But there is always the hope that it can be done. Do post me if you find a way around this.

Did you manage to get this done ?

I got it done in a week's time after I got driving regularly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks