Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2020, 09:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km

I am told that the performance of the headlights, even on the Ecosport S version, is average. Haven't had the chance to test this during my test drives. How do you find the performance of the projector headlights on city and highway drives? Is there any plans that you have of upgrading for better performance of the headlights?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 15th October 2020 at 09:17.
Old 17th October 2020, 23:58   #32
BHPian

re: Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I am told that the performance of the headlights, even on the Ecosport S version, is average. Haven't had the chance to test this during my test drives. How do you find the performance of the projector headlights on city and highway drives? Is there any plans that you have of upgrading for better performance of the headlights?
The low beams+fogs are quite sufficient for city drives on the S version. However, high beams on highways leaves me wanting for more. Since I don't do many night drives on the highway, I have not yet decided to upgrade the bulbs.
Old 7th December 2020, 17:01   #33
BHPian

Loved your thread tp_dominator. Had my Blue lightning Sports Diesel delivered on Dec 5. It is a exciting beast to drive. Absolutely loving the engine performance.
WizSatish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 12:01   #34
BHPian

Update After Two Years and 42000 Kms

The car is now 2 years young and I couldn't have asked for a better companion in my journeys. The 2 year ownership period has been blissful, trouble-free and quite exhilarating to say the least. Every time I take the car out for a drive, I am impressed by its driving manners, delighted by its fuel economy and overjoyed by its power delivery. Though the pandemic has made sure the car has not run as much as it should have but nonetheless, 42k kms on the ODO is still quite good.

Current ODO reading
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-current-odo.jpg

It is due to this love for my car that I have decided to name it, something which I have never done for any of my earlier cars since I never felt so connected to any other car before. So, presenting to you all my "Azure".

Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-front-profile.jpg
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-left-profile.jpg
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-right-profile.jpg
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-rear-profile.jpg

The above pics were taken after a well deserved detailing session in March 2021 and the car still shines like new. Full marks here to Aquatint, Pune guys who have made me a detailing addict and for keeping my Azure in top shape.

Service Updates

Even after 42k, I have no significant issues to report. Only gripe being the brake pads had become hard and created creases on the brake disc due to which both pads and brake rotors were changed in the 40k service. Bills attached below.

Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-bill-pg1.jpg
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-bill-pg2.jpg

The service costs have been very reasonable thus far and this was the most expensive service due to parts being replaced. I am pretty happy with the competent service guys too and my wallet too is happy! They also provide a vehicle report card after every service and I was surprised to find the tyre tread depths to be above 6 mm even after 40k kms. Barring the fact that I have one of the most problematic tyres ever due to their profile and brand, Bridgestone Ecopia, I am pretty happy with their overall performance and longevity. I have never had any tyres run more than 45k kms for me but these seem to be still going strong. I always get alignment and balancing checked at every 5k kms and never get it done from Ford ASS.

Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-vehicle-report.jpg

Travel Updates

Azure has seen a lot of highways after the lifting of the first lockdown in 2020 and after my promotion at the job, my territories have expanded which meant I needed to travel a lot more. Azure was at 20k kms in May 2020 and it is now at 42k in May 2021, but not all travel was work related.

In November 2020, me and wife traveled to my hometown for Diwali where a new garage member awaited to meet Azure. This was one major drive after the lockdown restrictions were lifted and we were both dying to meet our family. We planned to drive down since we were scared of taking any public transport like flights, trains, etc. The trip was planned well in advance and all safety precautions were followed during the trip since we were going to meet our elders and were worried that we might be carrying the virus. But nothing of the sort happened thankfully.

Meet the new stablemate of Azure, Honda City ZX MT 2020.

Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-eco-city-front.jpg
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-eco-city-rear.jpg

After driving the City for quite sometime and on highways during the trip, I fell in love with Azure more. The City does what it is designed to do, takes my father to his office daily and my parents to their shopping trips in utmost comfort and in a totally effortless manner, but highway is not its forte if you are planning on anything enthusiastic. The bouncy nature of the rear suspension of the City was quite noticeable when we had to take the same highway two days in a row for some personal work. Even my mom appreciated the suspension of Azure more on the highway. But, in the city and on potholed roads, Azure is decimated by the plushness offered by the City. Both have their own distinct characters and I love Azure's more (Yeah I'm biased ).

In January 2021, we decided to drive down to a friend's place in Ahmedabad since we had not met since quite long and it also presented us with an opportunity for a long drive. Also, it was fueled by the desire to check my buddy's new car which he had recently picked up, the Hyundai Venue SX CRDi, after waiting for 4 months for his booking of Kia Sonet and Kia not being able to deliver, he finally picked up its sibling. He did not go for Ecosport since I already had it and we wanted variety! We stayed at his home and did not even dare to go anyplace touristy and just visited my earlier usual hangout spots at Ahmedabad when I worked there earlier.

With the newly delivered Venue
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-eco-venue.jpg

Azure munched the miles quite effortlessly and my wife slept most of the time during both onward and return journey while I enjoyed my music and beautiful, yet full of traffic, roads.

The trip was quite refreshing for both of us and little did we know the impending second wave of Covid-19 and its repercussions. I'm glad we made that trip since it looks like the only other road trip we will be able to take is again our diwali hometown trip only.

I wish everyone to be safe and pray that we get past this corona situation soon. I hope we can soon travel like in the pre-covid era and Azure munches more miles plastering a huge grin on my face while traversing the length and breadth of our beautiful country. Many travel plans are on hold due to the current situation and Azure and us haven't been able to undertake those and I pray we would be able to do so soon.
tp_dominator is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 00:09   #35
BHPian

Re: Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: 2 years and 42000 km u

Wonderful updates to the log tp_dominator. Ecosport TDCi engine is a gem. Very few owners reported increase in running during the pandemic time. You must definitely be the top runner

On another note, you are running Raipur registered vehicle in Pune. Any problem with traffic police here in Pune?
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 15:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: 2 years and 42000 km u

Informative updates. Great to know that the car is serving you well and is easy on the pocket as well, expect nothing less from the legendary TDCI engine. Perhaps a remap once it touches 50,000 clicks? That should up the spice quotient considerably.

I am one of those who got even more inspired by your lightning blue S version and picked it up myself lin the same colour last November and have been enjoying the car though just over a measly 4200 kms. Itching to take it out for long highway drives but the situation is not allowing it. Cannot wait for the day that the lockdown is lifted so that we may take the car for a nice long cruise on the expressway, it's natural habitat.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 12th May 2021 at 15:26.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 17:51   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
On another note, you are running Raipur registered vehicle in Pune. Any problem with traffic police here in Pune?
Thanks a lot! Azure just begs to be on the road as and when situations permit. Also, work related travel with increased territories meant I had to rely on personal transportation only, no public transport for me till this pandemic subsides.

Regarding your other query, I handle Chhattisgarh as a territory too now so travels for work and home visits are going to be frequent. So, those travel proofs keep the cops at bay. Surprisingly, till date, I have not been stopped yet for driving other state's vehicle (touchwood!) and even if they do, I can always tell them I am travelling. I plan to get the registration changed to Pune one after 5 years of ownership when its the time to upgrade, but now only the upgrade plan seems to be on hold, the registration would be changed in a couple of years. Thankfully, due to the IT boom, Pune cops seem to be more forgiving now for driving other state vehicles which was not the case in 2007/08.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Perhaps a remap once it touches 50,000 clicks? That should up the spice quotient considerably.

Cannot wait for the day that the lockdown is lifted so that we may take the car for a nice long cruise on the expressway, it's natural habitat.
Thanks a lot! Our garages are pretty similar and I'm glad to know that my thread inspired you to take the plunge. I hope the 16 incher version rides better than the 17 inch ones on bad roads. Remap is not yet on the agenda since I find the power more than adequate for my use as of now. Maybe post 1 lakh kms, Azure would need a shot in the arm.

I too hope the pandemic subsides soon so that you can experience the creamy engine and effortless cruising on the expressways with your Blue S! Trust me, you will enjoy cruising in it more than your City, atleast that's what I felt. The stiff suspension really shines on expressway speeds and even crosswinds don't bother the car much. I even did a long 1150 kms marathon drive from my hometown to Pune once and it was simply effortless if one is used to driving such long distances.
tp_dominator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 00:41   #38
BHPian

Congrats on the 2 year milestone and 42k in 2 years. That's some nice mile munching. Get the compass and navigation enabled in your MID and the Google maps directions will displayed on your speedometer itself and it's too convenient!

The navigation looks like this(works even with S variant with sync 3 version 3.4)
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-img_20210320_031200.jpg

Apart from the fender bender episode, your car looks in great shape and the shine from the paint is still there.

Can't agree more on the service aspect. This car is very affordable to maintain and sometimes undercuts even the present day two wheelers. A Royal Enfield service costs about 4k for every 3k kms/4 months and Ford has nailed it even with spare part costs.

One question though. How come brake pads and rotors are replaced so early. I've driven 51k kms till now and the brake pads still have a lot of life left.

Also, do you mind sharing the part number for the TPMS sensor.

Last edited by jithin23 : 15th May 2021 at 00:49.
jithin23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 09:57   #39
BANNED

Hi, what is the engine oil brand used by FASS for TDCi engines? Price seems very less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Update After Two Years and 42000 Kms

The car is now 2 years young and I couldn't have asked for a better companion in my journeys. The 2 year ownership period has been blissful, trouble-free and quite exhilarating to say the least.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th May 2021 at 11:56. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
Old 16th May 2021, 10:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post

The navigation looks like this(works even with S variant with sync 3 version 3.4)
Hi Jithin,
Does the Cluster have this map & compass functions as sub-menu & we just need to enable/activate or it's a new update in SYNC?

Thankyou in advance.
Fiestaboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 11:30   #41
BHPian

That's one beautiful ride mate, I have been following your thread since inception and I just don't get enough of your azure, keep posting pictures buddy. And also, I have two questions for you-
  1. Invoice has some denting painting related work, so how was the finish and for minor scratch they did only a patch work or painted the entire panel (curious because the paint is unique and would require good paint matching skills)
  2. Which is the best route for Pune-Raipur

Thanks in advance

Last edited by sachin_cs : 16th May 2021 at 11:36.
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 11:36   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaboy View Post
Hi Jithin,
Does the Cluster have this map & compass functions as sub-menu & we just need to enable/activate or it's a new update in SYNC?

Thankyou in advance.
Hi Fiestaboy

You need to have sync 3 version 3.4 and you need to enable Trip-Navigation, Navigation-Compass in the IPC part using forscan

I have explained the details and pics on how to enable it in this post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-facelift.html (DIY: Cruise Control & Cornering Lamps in my Ford EcoSport Facelift)

Last edited by jithin23 : 16th May 2021 at 11:37.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 13:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

Lovely lockdown Sunday read. I can totally relate to the shiny upkeep, and minor accidents and how it makes one feel, extremely frustrating. But, make no mistake, the fact that you take care of her even better is what gives you full brownie points. I for one always feel Ford's have a charm and love factor that just not all cars can give. Subbed!

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 14:43   #44
BHPian

Awesome ride mate, Lovely review as well.

I have noticed Ecosport owners talking from Heart when it comes to their ride.
noufal.ps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 14:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
One question though. How come brake pads and rotors are replaced so early. I've driven 51k kms till now and the brake pads still have a lot of life left.

Also, do you mind sharing the part number for the TPMS sensor.
Thanks a lot Jithin! I follow the updates to your Blue baby quite religiously even on the FB group. Regarding the navigation update, I hardly use the navigation feature and most of the times the google maps voice directions are enough for me. However, would like to definitely get the cornering lamps feature on my Azure someday. Agree with the service costs being very reasonable too. Even my earlier Grand i10 diesel costed me more in terms of maintenance.

I was also surprised how the pads and rotors went bad but the rotors had developed a deep circular cut on them since both the front brake pads had worn out very unevenly and was almost absent in one half like somebody has chewed it off. Sorry I forgot to click a picture of it. Hence decided to get it changed. Also, when the TPMS sensor was changed, I was not provided with the bill, so I don't have the part number, but will surely seek it from the dealership once things open up here in Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtaker View Post
Hi, what is the engine oil brand used by FASS for TDCi engines? Price seems very less.
Hi, I did not check the brand but only the grade of the oil used. I will get the info and will update once workshops open here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
And also, I have two questions for you-
  1. Invoice has some denting painting related work, so how was the finish and for minor scratch they did only a patch work or painted the entire panel (curious because the paint is unique and would require good paint matching skills)
  2. Which is the best route for Pune-Raipur

Thanks in advance
Thanks a lot! I am kind of a lazy bum when it comes to clicking pictures and lack even the most basic skills required in photography but will surely try to click some more and update here.

Regarding your questions, the scratches they have mentioned on the bill are just to take a note of them so that they are in the clear when somebody complains about a new scratch on their car post service. However, I did get the bumper replaced and the paint job was satisfactory and nothing to write home about. I will get the car detailed once again post the 5 year mark and till then regular detailing maintains the shine and color of Azure.

The route I regularly take is Pune-Aurangabad-Jalna-Mehkar-Karanja-Amravati-Nagpur-Raipur. The roads between Jalna and Amravati used to be pathetic but recently they have started working on them and now very few bad patches remain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Lovely lockdown Sunday read. I can totally relate to the shiny upkeep, and minor accidents and how it makes one feel, extremely frustrating. But, make no mistake, the fact that you take care of her even better is what gives you full brownie points. I for one always feel Ford's have a charm and love factor that just not all cars can give. Subbed!

Cheers!
VJ
Thanks a lot Vijay for your appreciation! Even maintaining the exteriors of Azure seems frustrating sometimes but such encouraging words provide motivation to keep it spic and span!
tp_dominator is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks