Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2019, 16:25   #16
BHPian

Re: JTP Experience - My Red Tata Tiago JTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2himanshu View Post
Thanks @Iyencar for reading and the opinion. The small niggles are there, but they are surely not deal breaker. Though everybody will like a stress free product for sure. If bigger problems arise, they are for the JTSV team to resolve. If one loves to drive, this car is true fun.
Very true. Wonderful to see your positive attitude as you begin your ownership.
Quote:
By the way, went through your profile, you cover many subjects nicely, way to go, please keep posting
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
(the fact that a nani is a good highway tourer is a revelation to me!)
Quote:
I presume you are refering to Nano, it is nice overall package but it lacks top end on highways. I have done many 1000 kms trip in it.
Yup was definitely talking about the Tata Nano and not the Indian nani. I remain skeptical about the latter's ability to travel on highways

Last edited by Iyencar : 4th October 2019 at 16:50.
Iyencar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 17:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
What I miss

1. Cruise control. I use it on my manual Scorpio all the time.

10. The engine should be factory run-in as this is a niche product for enthusiast and the company is quite focused. Then the owners can enjoy the drive properly from day 1 without worrying. At least allow the customers to change oil after run-in of 1500-2000 kms during first service (periodic schedule for first oil change is in third service at 15000 kms.)

Congratulations! Beautiful car and great review!

I don’t see how you would miss a cruise control in Indian roads. It is beyond my imagination that any would drive on cruise control in India roads. Our roads, traffic and driver habits are just not made for that.

Even in European highways most of which are generally ok and driving habits are significantly superior, I rarely am able to use my “adaptive” cruise control, let alone a normal cruise control. Hardly 2-3 km goes by before the automatic speed adaption/slowdown gives a jerky slowdown because of slow truck/car trying to cut you off while overtaking an even slower car/truck in front of it.

As regards to running in of engine at factory, it would add a lot of costs to the final price of the car. It is a logistical nightmare to have run-ins at factory level at this price point.
Theyota is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 18:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyota View Post
Congratulations! Beautiful car and great review!

I don’t see how you would miss a cruise control in Indian roads. It is beyond my imagination that any would drive on cruise control in India roads. Our roads, traffic and driver habits are just not made for that.

As regards to running in of engine at factory, it would add a lot of costs to the final price of the car. It is a logistical nightmare to have run-ins at factory level at this price point.
Thanks for reading it!

Yeah I know many people don’t use the cruise control and my brother too is not much fan of it. But I always use it when ever there is a free stretch. Actually my thumb searches for the button in JTP (muscle memory ). I think I am habituated now and it gets cancelled whenever I touch clutch or brake.

Regarding the factory running in, it might be time consuming and resource hungry process for manufacturer, more so when JTPs are manufactured in the same factory line as normal Tiagos and Tigor. But it's just my wish list and opinion.

Regards
Himanshu
2himanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 22:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

I still wonder why there is no Auxiliary input in your car. Since updated Tiago JTP with factory fitted 7inch ICE has it and even pre-update JTP had it then why only your car is missing it?
tushky is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 08:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I still wonder why there is no Auxiliary input in your car. Since updated Tiago JTP with factory fitted 7inch ICE has it and even pre-update JTP had it then why only your car is missing it?
Mine is pre update car but with 7” infotainment kit. Even I didn’t notice it till recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Very true. Wonderful to see your positive attitude as you begin your ownership.

Thank you!

Yup was definitely talking about the Tata Nano and not the Indian nani. I remain skeptical about the latter's ability to travel on highways
We can always hope for the best; besides Tata's service network has good coverage. I was also thrown back by Nani the first time I read it, then got it

Regards
Himanshu
2himanshu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 03:54   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful review and well written. I had a 1st gen Swift too, but the diesel. The immediate comparison was how better the ride and handling package was and how Swift trumped on the far better gear shifts.

Anyway, this is a true effort by the JTP team and they did so well. Altroz JTP would be fun too, if it releases. In the mean time, enjoy your car - wishing you miles of smiles with the car and safe motoring.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 06:47   #22
BHPian

Congratulations 2himanshu on your new Tiago JTP. The review is really well written and the photographs truly bring out the uniqueness of the car compared with the regular Tiago. Tata should definitely launch more products with the JTP badge rather than the Wizz/Kraz editions. How would you say is the driving comfort in bumper to bumper traffic? Also please keep updating the thread regularly.
adi.mariner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 09:47   #23
BHPian

Very interesting and honest review you have put on in here. Blindness to dislikes of a fan boy is very well contained.

The issues you faced is very sad for a new car. This is why it is said not to buy a newly launched Tata car, in this case their associate as well.

You made a very interesting point of the hood having no insulation and heats up soon. Now, will this have an effect on the paint? I believe car paints go under high and low temperature testing.

Glad you did not mention of the mileage. True enthusiast.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 13:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Wonderful review and well written. I had a 1st gen Swift too, but the diesel. The immediate comparison was how better the ride and handling package was and how Swift trumped on the far better gear shifts.

Anyway, this is a true effort by the JTP team and they did so well. Altroz JTP would be fun too, if it releases. In the mean time, enjoy your car - wishing you miles of smiles with the car and safe motoring.
Thank you very much!

Gear shifts were better in Swift for sure. Ride and handling is better in JTP. Tata deserves the praise for taking the step.

Regards
Himanshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Congratulations 2himanshu on your new Tiago JTP. The review is really well written and the photographs truly bring out the uniqueness of the car compared with the regular Tiago. Tata should definitely launch more products with the JTP badge rather than the Wizz/Kraz editions. How would you say is the driving comfort in bumper to bumper traffic? Also please keep updating the thread regularly.
Thanks for the appreciation!

More JTP cars will surely refresh Tata's image and people will look them in different perspective (for better). And of course they can sell the regular special editions in good numbers also. For bumper to bumper traffic condition, it's better to use city mode, one gets habituated to clutch and throttle manipulation after some time, no worries!

Himanshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Very interesting and honest review you have put on in here. Blindness to dislikes of a fan boy is very well contained.

The issues you faced is very sad for a new car. This is why it is said not to buy a newly launched Tata car, in this case their associate as well.

You made a very interesting point of the hood having no insulation and heats up soon. Now, will this have an effect on the paint? I believe car paints go under high and low temperature testing.

Thanks for reading!

There are surely some niggles but nothing which cannot be cured by some stricter quality control. The car is a super value for money fun package with almost every aspect modified be it power or handling. I love the car and the drive.

And it is true of you about the paint but I don’t want to test it so did a DIY and have installed the original insulation which I sourced from boodmo.

Regarding mileage you have answered yourself but for the record in 2100 kms of driving, average fuel consumption on tankful to tankful basis is 10.63 kmpl.

Regards
Himanshu

Last edited by 2himanshu : 6th October 2019 at 13:55. Reason: Spelling
Old 6th October 2019, 18:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car is a road legal pocket rocket. The suspension is fantastic in twisties and compliant on bad roads. The car always feels stable and the limit to push it in corners is higher. Planning to take the car to ghats to enjoy soon.
Thanks for sharing this experience with the JTP. There are very few who go after such special cars. Congrats and wish millions of km of fun with the car.

Quote:
To wrap it up it's a very special car created by enthusiasts which has not happened in India by a local manufacturer. The team is great and dedicated. Every drive is special and you know the power is there whenever you feel like it. In my opinion, Tata and Jayem have succeeded in making a sports car which is also a practical, value for money daily driver and excels in driving satisfaction.
For this alone, Tata must be given the kudos. Despite the other problems, they have got us a car that brings a smile on our faces.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 18:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Thanks for sharing this experience with the JTP. There are very few who go after such special cars. Congrats and wish millions of km of fun with the car.
Thanks for understanding the feelings. Let's see how many places this journey takes us!

There are maybe only few hundreds made and sure fewer go after them. Though the car is considered raw mechanically, I consider it tame compared to KTM RC390 and I like these machines for what they offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
For this alone, Tata must be given the kudos. Despite the other problems, they have got us a car that brings a smile on our faces.
Exactly my feelings, Tata has a took a bold step which mandates a pat on their back. This should give them positive returns in future.

Thanks Again
Himanshu
Old 7th October 2019, 20:27   #27
BHPian

Congratulations. Looks beautiful, nice pics there.
dsnaveen21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 17:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry, but where exactly are the niggles talked about in this review? All I can see are certain fit and finish topics that the buyer did not like or would like to have in his candid opinion. The definition of niggles would be that the features of the car not functioning as intended. Niggles are about reliability and not fit and finish of the car. That is not the case here. I really think you are making blind preconceived comments.

The hood insulation as far as I know is for sound absorption. I haven’t heard of it being used as a paint protector.

As long as we do not see another competitor selling a similar performance car at this price point, this offering from Tatas must be appreciated.

Last edited by Theyota : 9th October 2019 at 17:30. Reason: we
Theyota is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 17:50   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, but where exactly are the niggles talked about in this review? All I can see are certain fit and finish topics that the buyer did not like or would like to have in his candid opinion. The definition of niggles would be that the features of the car not functioning as intended. Niggles are about reliability and not fit and finish of the car. That is not the case here.
Did I use the word 'Niggle' in my comment? Probably you need to be careful before making a personal comment like below.

Quote:
I really think you are making blind preconceived comments.
Quote:
The hood insulation as far as I know is for sound absorption. I haven’t heard of it being used as a paint protector.
Re read the comment and the reply on the comment by the JTP owner. Nothing mentioned about it is used or should be used as a paint protector.

Quote:
As long as we do not see another competitor selling a similar performance car at this price point, this offering from Tatas must be appreciated.
Tata and JTP are well appreciated by all including those who have pointed out issues with the car.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 18:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:

Above is your own reflection for you. You did not use the word niggle, but you did worse. You assumed a sad criteria to the whole experience. You made a generic statement that this review is proof that people are are not supposed to buy newly launched Tata cars.
Theyota is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks