Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2019, 12:49   #31
BHPian
 
hydraulicsteer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 102
Thanked: 182 Times
Default Re: Ownership Review - My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Petrol 6MT

Great Review!! Wishing you a zillion trouble free miles on the machine.

Had i been in your place would have gone for a CRDI as i feel there is no point spending a million on a car and still left wanting punch from the engine. Rest ,to each his own.

On the maintenance cost part i feel you should take these prices as highly indicative. A can of engine oil or a filter or any consumable costing x today will surely cost around 1.07x or more next year. Same hold true for labour cost. Your derivation of lesser than 50 paise per km service cost will skew north considering the compounded price increase.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2019, 14:35   #32
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Ownership Review - My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Petrol 6MT

Congratulations
Super review, you have covered almost everything.
Please keep updating the thread on regular basis.
Swajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2019, 15:20   #33
Newbie
 
BZ25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 19
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Ownership Review - My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Petrol 6MT

Hi sir, congratulations to you and your family for buying the Seltos. Hope you have a wonderful trouble-free experience. Took delivery of my 1.4 GTX+ MT last month, and I have to agree with most of your points. Would love to meet a fellow Seltos owner. ��
BZ25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2019, 09:22   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 192
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Ownership Review - My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Petrol 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
I took the time to prepare a ready reckoner for service cost break-up of Kia Seltos 1.5 Petrol Manual. This will help in ascertaining the consumables, part replacement and labour charges applicable for each service as per Kia recommendation.

Service Cost break-up
Attachment 1932558

These figures are based on the service cost as mentioned on the Kia website and does not include the applicable GST charges.

The total maintenance cost for 10 years/1,00,000 km is INR 46,420/- (i.e. less than INR 0.5 per km). Quite reasonable IMO for a car of this size.

Also note that these charges do not include the charges for wheel balancing/alignment and throttle body cleaning.

Here's the service schedule from the Manual.
Attachment 1932557
Quick question on the spares and their availability. I have read a lot of negative comments on Twitter and Facebook. People who have damaged their Seltos are waiting for spares for more than 2 weeks. One person from Delhi damaged his rear bumper and his Seltos is in garage for 15 days and no repairs started yet.

Kia slowly started deleting such posts and blocking them is what they are claiming. Any chance you can throw some light on this? I ask because I am about to recommend Seltos to my relative, and I don't want them to curse me later
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2019, 11:38   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYD<->BLR<->BBS
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 1,892 Times
Default Re: Ownership Review - My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Petrol 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Quick question on the spares and their availability. I have read a lot of negative comments on Twitter and Facebook. People who have damaged their Seltos are waiting for spares for more than 2 weeks. One person from Delhi damaged his rear bumper and his Seltos is in garage for 15 days and no repairs started yet.

Kia slowly started deleting such posts and blocking them is what they are claiming. Any chance you can throw some light on this? I ask because I am about to recommend Seltos to my relative, and I don't want them to curse me later
Sorry to jump in here. Let me share my observation from two different Kia service centers across cities.

I own a Seltos D MT which I bought from the Bhubaneswar dealer. The dealer has sold close to 350+ Seltos in two months and has an order backlog of 600+ units. They have exceeded their optimistic sales targets by 33%. During my delivery and post delivery interactions with their management, I found the following:
  • The dealership was running dry on official accessories due to stock out. They had placed orders and awaiting long days. The order management system showed they will receive partial order delivery after 3 days.
  • KIA is sending vehicles randomly and not as per the sequence of the orders booked by customers. Hence the ambiguity of delivery dates. KIA is also focusing on producing colors which have higher demand.
  • Three customers had clocked 10000 kms already and were waiting for the third service to be done. However the dealership is awaiting oil filters and hence, couldn't take up the service. They were very apologetic about the situation.
  • KIA is listening complaints - they released patches to take care of the boot parcel tray. They are also planning to release a circular for the AC fogging issue.


Last weekend, I got my first service done here in Hyderabad. While there, I saw 2 damaged Seltos' - one with broken tail lamp and 1 with damaged front fender/wheel arch plastic. Both were awaiting parts. Even the Hyderabad dealer didn't have more than 60% of the accessories.

It is clear that KIA hadn't anticipated the demand for their car and not able to handle the mad rush for the model. In the near term, parts availability could be a problem while KIA focuses on production and delivery. But I hope things will be smooth in the next 6 months or less.

Last edited by ashis89 : 12th November 2019 at 11:50.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2019, 11:43   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 192
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Ownership Review - My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Petrol 6MT

I just managed to pull below screenshot from online. I see same situation everywhere. I think it is better to wait another 6-12 months before I can suggest anyone to purchase Seltos. Hopefully by then all issues will be sorted out and market will also know the 2nd hand value for the vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review - My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Petrol 6MT-screenshot_20191112105837.png  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2019, 12:57   #37
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Ownership Review - My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Petrol 6MT

Please read before buying

https://news.maxabout.com/cars/kia/k...roblems-india/
Murli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2019, 15:10   #38
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Gurugram
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Ownership Review - My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Petrol 6MT

Hi Rahul,

Congratulations on buying the hottest SUV in town. Wish you a great ownership experience.

You said that on performance this won't win you any races.
I wanted to understand further, will you call the performance as adequate or under powered to some extent ?

I think this petrol variant and the IVT version fall into more affordable terrain and the pollution concerns around diesel make in NCR make it more compelling.

It still costs a significant amount of money and i was wondering if one would feel that they are not able to compete with vehicles of lower class in terms of power. i sometimes face that with my Ciaz Petrol and regret it
cy_auto_enthu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2019, 15:25   #39
BHPian
 
rahul_goyal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Gurugram
Posts: 116
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Ownership Review - My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Petrol 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Looks great!

A friend of mine who bought one, was complaining that with the AC on, a small stream of cold air leaking through to the windshield was causing some fogging. Are you facing this?
Thank you.

I didn't face any fogging issues. No air leak either.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Great Review!! Wishing you a zillion trouble free miles on the machine.

Had i been in your place would have gone for a CRDI as i feel there is no point spending a million on a car and still left wanting punch from the engine. Rest ,to each his own.
Thank you so much.

The 10 year limit in Delhi-NCR coupled with low monthly running didn't justify the premium required for diesel. There's no turbo surge kind of punch in this engine but it is still very powerful for my requirements. A turbo engine has more components and it takes a little more care to maintain. After driving turbo diesels for more than 10 years, I though it will be a good change to go for a naturally aspirated petrol engine. I am happy with my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swajith View Post
Congratulations
Super review, you have covered almost everything.
Please keep updating the thread on regular basis.
Thank you. Will try my best to keep it updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
Hi sir, congratulations to you and your family for buying the Seltos. Hope you have a wonderful trouble-free experience. Took delivery of my 1.4 GTX+ MT last month, and I have to agree with most of your points. Would love to meet a fellow Seltos owner. ��
Thank you for your kind words.

Sure, let's make a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Quick question on the spares and their availability. I have read a lot of negative comments on Twitter and Facebook. People who have damaged their Seltos are waiting for spares for more than 2 weeks. One person from Delhi damaged his rear bumper and his Seltos is in garage for 15 days and no repairs started yet.

Kia slowly started deleting such posts and blocking them is what they are claiming. Any chance you can throw some light on this? I ask because I am about to recommend Seltos to my relative, and I don't want them to curse me later
Luckily, the requirement of any spares hasn't emerged in my case. However, I did ask for gear knob replacement, which they didn't have in stock. But since multiple users are facing the same issue, I guess the KIA factory is not up to speed with supply of spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy_auto_enthu View Post
Hi Rahul,

Congratulations on buying the hottest SUV in town. Wish you a great ownership experience.

You said that on performance this won't win you any races.
I wanted to understand further, will you call the performance as adequate or under powered to some extent ?

I think this petrol variant and the IVT version fall into more affordable terrain and the pollution concerns around diesel make in NCR make it more compelling.

It still costs a significant amount of money and i was wondering if one would feel that they are not able to compete with vehicles of lower class in terms of power. i sometimes face that with my Ciaz Petrol and regret it
Thank you for your wishes.

I found the performance to be adequate and by no means under powered. Throttle response at low RPM is subdued, but once you are past 1800 RPM mark, the car feels powerful and a breeze to drive.

I have heard good things about Kia's IVT (technology-wise), but really can't comment on how it drives as I have not personally driven the car. I suggest you go for a test drive of IVT and the competition back to back to find out if its suitable to your requirement. Happy hunting.

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 13th November 2019 at 15:40.
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs blackwasp The Indian Car Scene 3962 13th November 2019 21:33
Kia Seltos 1.5D vs Hyundai Creta 1.4D vs something else? ashis89 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 14th October 2019 11:40
Kia begins exporting made-in-India cars, ships 471 Seltos SUVs wheelguy The Indian Car Scene 1 13th October 2019 21:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks