Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2019, 20:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT

Congratulations ciddharth and welcome to the Jazz family! Wish you a happy ownership.

I have a Jazz CVT myself bought in April 2018 and agree with most of your points. Here's the link

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...onda-jazz.html (Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!)

Cheers!
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 00:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
Hi Omar, Thank you for your wishes! White is my favourite colour as well! I do not know if this car was located in Khar or not. But the answer to your question is there in your post itself! I got it within 3 days of it being acquired by the aforementioned dealer. He did say that there were a few who had seen before me, so perhaps you could be one of them! I finalised the deal within 5 minutes of test driving the car.
The car in Khar I was referring to was the manual transmission Jazz, which you had first considered but not purchased!

It is indeed a special car. While I was considering purchasing the 2nd gen car, I could only picture this in my head: white with black rims
Attached Thumbnails
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-b7c4f03252fe3f551058696ae1a12a5f.jpg  

Old 21st October 2019, 01:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
The car in Khar I was referring to was the manual transmission Jazz, which you had first considered!

It is indeed a special car. While I was considering purchasing the 2nd gen car, I could only picture this in my head: white with black rims
I guess there is some confusion. The first Jazz SV MT that I had considered was located in Downtown SoBo and not Khar. But the deal never materialised as the appointment was postponed and on the same day, I got to see the one I have now.

I concur, it is a special car! White with black rims is a no brainer - looks smashing!
Old 21st October 2019, 02:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
I guess there is some confusion. The first Jazz SV MT that I had considered was located in Downtown SoBo and not Khar. But the deal never materialised as the appointment was postponed and on the same day, I got to see the one I have now.

I concur, it is a special car! White with black rims is a no brainer - looks smashing!
Oh right, just sounded very familiar to the one I had also seen. Well both of us did end up with the one we truly wanted

Happy miles ahead!
Old 11th January 2020, 15:17   #20
BHPian

Great car. Owning the same V CVT 2017 model which has been completely trouble free for 36k km. You can shift from D to S mode while overtaking on the highways. And ,get back to D mode after the overtaking. Believe me it works very well. Just think of this move as a downshift during an overtake in a manual car.
Old 4th December 2020, 19:40   #21
BHPian

Brief update post 1 year of purchase: The Jazz CVT, completes 5 years. Bought primarily bought for ease of driving, and short city runs, is serving well albeit, run less than 4,000 km and not even touched the 30k mark. My father, who is old school and experienced in multiple cars, has developed cold feet towards the CVT. He finds the Jazz delicate and not fun and nimbly like the A-Star/ Rapid/ Creta. I have been coaxing my mother to resume driving in this, who quit driving after I was born, as she was comfortable in the hand gear of the Premier Padmini. Both are sceptical and hence this is reduced to a pure gated community to short city runs. In hindsight, I should have bought the manual variant which could have justified higher running.

I prefer the staid driving, comfortable seats and overall stability of the Jazz in comparison to the extreme motion sickness I faced driving the Creta due to its comfortable but boat-like ride, which is more pronounced at the rear. None of it is faced in the low height Jazz.

One service is completed, which included routine mineral engine oil change, air and AC cabin filter replacement and general body wash, all of which cost roughly 3,000 INR. Response at the local Honda service centre is strictly sub-par, mainly long waiting periods and poor staff response. Was prepared for this, and a far contrast from Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai service, which remains the benchmark. Rest, I will continue at the local FNG. Due to the pandemic, rats have bit off the wiper washer fluid cover as well as some lose wiring which dangles, but unable to identify as everything is running fine.

General replacements like the front wiper blades have been replaced. Rear wiper is pricey to replace for the entire set and is mostly unavailable. The CVT gear oil change is due at the 40K mark.

Fuel efficiency
- 9-10.5 kpl for the low city runs. On highways, 16 - 19 kpl provided you drive with a light foot. I chose this for ease of drivability fully aware about the low FE.

The car will last the mile, typical of Honda, but the body might not. Excessive rust bubbles are there on the inside of bonnet as well as lower door panels. The weatherstrips have heavy rust bubbles, and I intend to replace them when time permits.

In conclusion, the average buyer is spoilt for choices in the post-pandemic used car purchase era. This is a car with little to fault.

Last edited by ciddharth : 4th December 2020 at 19:46.
Old 7th December 2021, 15:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Congrats on your purchase. I just added height adjustable rear headrest from one of the shops in Trivandrum for 3K ( both included ), and it does make a lot of difference for rear seat passengers. The rear seats became very very comfortable. He had to weld a metal frame to support the headrest, but its worth it. I took the pic at night with flash, believe me there is not much color difference between the new fabric and old and no one could make out if the headrest was fixed after market at first glance.
@rahulskumar, I took delivery of my Jazz VX CVT a week ago and was looking for someone who could do similar rear headrest enhancement for my car as well, since I see this as a major drawback with respect to safety and comfort for adult occupants in the rear seat.

Appreciate if you could share the contact who did this for you in trivandrum. I usually go to Trivandrum every 2-3 months and will work out for me since the vendor you suggested is in the same city.
Old 8th December 2021, 15:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Appreciate if you could share the contact who did this for you in trivandrum. I usually go to Trivandrum every 2-3 months and will work out for me since the vendor you suggested is in the same city.
Just search "Leather Touch Car Seat Covers" in google maps, the shop is located in Karamana. Its a small shop and I am sure there are many other shops who can do the same work. I will not tell this is perfect as factory fitting but gets the issue resolved

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks