Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2019, 14:05   #16
BHPian

Re: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Petrol MT GTX+

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-One View Post
Glistening review BZ25. Congratulations and enjoy the ride.
Thank you sir, for your kind words!
Old 16th December 2019, 14:20   #17
BHPian

Great review and wish you many happy miles with the Seltos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
If you want a butch, commanding SUV that dominates over the others in this price band, go get yourself a Mahindra XUV500 or Scorpio.
If you want a spacious, practical SUV, get yourself the MG Hector or the Tata Hexa.
If you need an offroading vehicle, get yourself a Thar(or wait for the next one), Scorpio 4x4 etc.

The Seltos is for:
Somebody who loves to drive, wants a fun to drive petrol SUV to counter rough roads, but finds an Ecosport or Venue to be too small or impractical
Someone who needs a comfortable and efficient diesel automatic highway cruiser.
A couple or a small family of around 3 members who need a car that can cater to almost all their whims.
Somebody going through a midlife crisis, who wants to feel young again!
No need to worry of being accused a Hyundai/Kia fanboy. You credited the rivals for what they offer. Rarely do we get to see that. You wrote like a true Petrolhead

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th December 2019 at 19:35. Reason: Fixed typo.
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 15:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Greta review and wish you many happy miles with the Seltos!
Thanks a ton sir!

Quote:
No need to worry of being accused a Hyundai/Kia fanboy. You credited the rivals for what they offer. Rarely do we get to see that. You wrote like a true Petrolhead
At last, my soul can rest in peace.
BZ25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 16:24   #19

Great Review - enjoyed your enthusiasm and also the amount of research you have poured into this article. Enjoy your car and all the best!
amitgaja007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 16:52   #20
BHPian

Great review brother. Wish you happy and safe miles ahead! How does the gravity grey color look after three months? Is it easy to maintain the color?
Kpaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 18:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitgaja007 View Post
Great Review - enjoyed your enthusiasm and also the amount of research you have poured into this article. Enjoy your car and all the best!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Great review brother. Wish you happy and safe miles ahead! How does the gravity grey color look after three months? Is it easy to maintain the color?
Thanks a ton sir, for your kind wishes. The Gravity Grey colour looks great on the Seltos, and is fairly easy to maintain. You won't notice the dust until you go real close, and is way more easier to maintain than Black. Hope that clears your doubt.
Old 16th December 2019, 21:56   #22
BHPian

BZ25, a very well written review. Absolutely love the grey shade in the Seltos. My next car will definitely be in this shade.

Full marks for explaining the pros and cons. Even though you claim to be a fan boy, I found the write up to be very neutral
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 02:32   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase from a petrolhead. Really an excellent review. Maybe I am nitpicking but one possible future issue could be the 12v sockets. I feel that Kia has installed a too low-rated one in the Seltos and the situation is very likely to be the same in the upcoming 2020 Creta. Good quality tyre inflators and car vacuum cleaners often use more than 120 watts of power which means you would either have to use shoddier ones or install separate higher-rated accessory sockets. Hope this is not too much of an issue. Happy rides ...
Chhanda Das is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 03:11   #24
BHPian

Hey BZ25! Congratulations on your new purchase!

May I ask? Why didn't you go for an automatic?

Wish you safe and happy driving brother.

--Arun
drive1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 10:46   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on the new purchase! Waiting ~6 hours in a dealership after you spend ~18 Lac is not cool. Even though I like a vehicle, I can happily travel any far to the best dealer in town to get the car and make sure they know that they've missed it because of their behavior - speaking this on experience - make noise until it reaches the company management. Worse case, I would consider a competition even if it is bit dearer.

Good write-up, happy mile munching.
amods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 15:09   #26
BHPian

Congratulations to you and your parents on the Seltos. I have been noticing a lot of Seltos on the Hyderabad roads and it definitely turns heads. Excellent write-up too.
speedmunster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 21:05   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations BZ25 to you, your father and your family for the Seltos GTX+ MANUAL.

The manual box with this engine would be really fun & im sure you'l enjoy driving it once you can legally drive i.e.

Well done with the review, write up & the detailed pictorial presentation of the Seltos.

The Gravity Grey looks stunning & your car deserves better pictures/photoshoot in your review.

Enjoy !

Quote:
Though, never let a dealership experience defien your purschasing decision. If you see a great car, with a pathetic dealership and an average car with a great dealership, just go to another dealership and get the first car
Very well said & mature thinking. But hope Kia India take action against such dealerships in the future.

Quote:
A better source is our own Team-BHP member karan561, in his excellent ownership report of his Kia Seltos 1.4 DCT that the Seltos is underpinned by a modified version of the Hyundai-Kia K2 platform that currently is the basis of the Verna and Elantra in India.
Quote:
I'm attaching Karan sir's excellent review of the Seltos, which the best I have seen. It clearly details on the engine, it's performance and refinement.
Quote:
You can go through Karan sir's excellent ownership review of his DCT GTX+ Seltos: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...l-gtx-dct.html (Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT))
^ Special thanks to all the references, shout outs made from my ownership report thread & yes off course the video review

Last edited by karan561 : 17th December 2019 at 21:25.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 13:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
BZ25, a very well written review. Absolutely love the grey shade in the Seltos. My next car will definitely be in this shade.

Full marks for explaining the pros and cons. Even though you claim to be a fan boy, I found the write up to be very neutral
Thank you sir! When you buy your next car, don't forget to pm me a photo, I'm sure it will look lovely in a shade of grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chhanda Das View Post
Congratulations on your purchase from a petrolhead. Really an excellent review
Thanks a ton sir!

Quote:
Maybe I am nitpicking but one possible future issue could be the 12v sockets. Hope this is not too much of an issue. Happy rides ...
In my case the 12v sockets won't be used, at all. Though I agree that carmakers should now provide higher voltage power points in cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive1987 View Post
Hey BZ25! Congratulations on your new purchase!
Thank you!

Quote:
May I ask? Why didn't you go for an automatic?
This car will be driven by my father, who does not like using an automatic transmission at all. We feel that, you lose a connection with the car. Plus, let's see how reliable Hyundai-Kia DCTs are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
Congratulations on the new purchase!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Waiting ~6 hours in a dealership after you spend ~18 Lac is not cool. .
That's what I found really disappointing. It was a dull 6 hours, and felt like a huge waste of time. If we buy another Kia, it will definitely not be from Frontier Kia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmunster View Post
Congratulations to you and your parents on the Seltos.
Thank you!

Quote:
I have been noticing a lot of Seltos on the Hyderabad roads and it definitely turns heads. Excellent write-up too.
Kia has been really aggressive with production. It's been dispatching Seltos' at Maruti-level units!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Congratulations BZ25 to you, your father and your family for the Seltos GTX+ MANUAL.
Thank you so much sir!

Quote:
The manual box with this engine would be really fun & im sure you'l enjoy driving it once you can legally drive i.e.
Just another 3 months!

Quote:
Well done with the review, write up & the detailed pictorial presentation of the Seltos.
Inspired by our official Team BHP reviews!

Quote:
The Gravity Grey looks stunning & your car deserves better pictures/photoshoot in your review.
They were taken by the worst photographer in the world i.e me.

Quote:
Very well said & mature thinking. But hope Kia India take action against such dealerships in the future.
I hope they do, but considering that they are aware that they currently have the best in class product, I don't think they would do so at the cost of sales. I've read that quite a few BHPians have been faced with poor dealer attitudes. I think that there needs to be constant criticism by the consumer to ensure that it rings some alarm bells for Kia India.

Quote:
^ Special thanks to all the references, shout outs made from my ownership report thread & yes off course the video review
Please keep making such excellent reviews like these sir! Such reviews are so hard to come by in India.
BZ25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 18:03   #29
BHPian

[quote=BZ25;4692417]This thread is about my Kia Seltos GTX+ Manual.

Korean-Spec models get a bigger and more powerful 1.6 T-GDI. C'mon Kia, you could have easily got that to India, considering the chassis can handle more power than it currently has.

Also Korean Seltos have AWD and Electronic hand brake which is missing here.
Old 18th December 2019, 18:14   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarCruiser View Post
Also Korean Seltos have AWD and Electronic hand brake which is missing here.
Yes, I'm well aware. Though AWD would have been appreciated (and made the car costlier); I do prefer a good old handbrake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks