Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2022, 23:18   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

While at it, I remembered that the stepney had been untouched since the day the car was bought. RoadRunner's stepney read 17 PSi! I topped it to 47 PSi so it remains for some time to come. Next was Coyote's turn. It was at 35 which I bumped up to 40.
Not something which I'll recommend. Sounds weird, but I've seen a case where a WagonR had its rear end completely destroyed when its owner overfilled the stepney in a similar way, and the car was out in summer sun. Perhaps due to high temperature and pressure, the tyre bursts and with such intensity that almost everything near the spare tyre got destroyed.

It was a scary sight and I've myself refrained from this practice since then. Surely one in a million cases, but very much possible.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 23:53   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Not something which I'll recommend. Sounds weird, but I've seen a case where a WagonR had its rear end completely destroyed when its owner overfilled the stepney in a similar way, and the car was out in summer sun. Perhaps due to high temperature and pressure, the tyre bursts and with such intensity that almost everything near the spare tyre
Thanks for the note!
Sounds possible and scary too. But then I wonder how come new cars have 45-50 psi filled from the factory and lie out in the yards. Wouldn't they run similar risk? Even my Seltos had 45+ psi in all the tyres during delivery.

WagonR is parked full time in a cool shade and might not venture out for another few weeks. But I will reduce it to around 40.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 00:12   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the note!
Sounds possible and scary too. But then I wonder how come new cars have 45-50 psi filled from the factory and lie out in the yards. Wouldn't they run similar risk? Even my Seltos had 45+ psi in all the tyres during delivery.
New cars have benefit of being close to ideal case. Their in car ventilation system are near perfect, thus pressure regulation is not an issue. Although they still are at risk.

Once we start using our cars, the vents often become clogged or the system doesn't work as flawlessly. In some cars those vents are right near the rear wheel, and it gets stuffed with mud. Thus possibility of these events increases.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 08:58   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
New cars have benefit of being close to ideal case. Their in car ventilation system are near perfect, thus pressure regulation is not an issue. Although they still are at risk.

Once we start using our cars, the vents often become clogged or the system doesn't work as flawlessly. In some cars those vents are right near the rear wheel, and it gets stuffed with mud. Thus possibility of these events increases.

Regards,
Shashi
I still don't get it - What do over-inflated tyres have to do with vehicle ventilated system? Four of these over-inflated tyres remain fitted to the wheels and exposed to the elements. If ever they explode, they will cause some damage to the trims.

The stepney remains inside but it doesn't need any ventilation as such. Due to heat, if the pressure increases, it will be within the tyre itself which might explode. And if a tyre explodes within the car, I doubt even the best ventilated ones would be able to withstand that explosion without any damage. What am missing here?
Old 30th January 2022, 18:19   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I still don't get it - What do over-inflated tyres have to do with vehicle ventilated system? Four of these over-inflated tyres remain fitted to the wheels and exposed to the elements. If ever they explode, they will cause some damage to the trims.

The stepney remains inside but it doesn't need any ventilation as such. Due to heat, if the pressure increases, it will be within the tyre itself which might explode. And if a tyre explodes within the car, I doubt even the best ventilated ones would be able to withstand that explosion without any damage. What am missing here?
Ever experienced the Oven which forms inside the cabin when car is parked under sun for a long time? Even if temperature outside is 50 degrees, the conditions within the cabin will be much worse. Guess this answers your question. The fresh air vents located at front and rear of the body(behind rear bumpers) helps regulate the temperature and pressure to some extent. In older cars, those vents often get clogged and thus they are at a higher risk.

Hope I'm clear.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 30th January 2022, 19:58   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ever experienced the Oven which forms inside the cabin when car is parked under sun for a long time? Even if temperature outside is 50 degrees, the conditions within the cabin will be much worse. Guess this answers your question. The fresh air vents located at front and rear of the body(behind rear bumpers) helps regulate the temperature and pressure to some extent. In older cars, those vents often get clogged and thus they are at a higher risk.

Hope I'm clear.

Regards,
Shashi
My point is different. Consider a brand car which has come from factory and lying in the open stockyard. The tyres on such cars are usually overfilled till 45-50 psi. If the spare tyre stored within the car explodes, will it do away without damaging anything within the car?
Old 30th January 2022, 20:24   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My point is different. Consider a brand car which has come from factory and lying in the open stockyard. The tyres on such cars are usually overfilled till 45-50 psi. If the spare tyre stored within the car explodes, will it do away without damaging anything within the car?
Definitely not! It will surely damage if it explodes, but as I said, chances of that happening is a bit less due to the near perfect ventilators.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 5th February 2022, 13:47   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Having recovered from the dreaded C virus but skeptical to step out, I spent some time in the parking dusting the 'brown' cars. Rummaging through the boot, I found a pair of T10 leds that I had bought to install on the Seltos number plate. Nothing better to do, I took it up today.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220205_112057.jpg

All thanks to this detailed post (Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic), I was able to remove the boot door panel and unscrew the bulb holders.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220205_111355.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220205_111405.jpg

However, unscrewing the holders and then putting them back is really tricky. Additional metal panel behind the holders restrict the movement of hand (especially someone with bigger hands). At the same time, the holders are firmly put in place. Disconnecting the connector for rear wiper helped liberate some space here. The bulbs also need a firm pull to remove from the holder.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220205_111445.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220205_112022.jpg

After fitting, one of the LED wasn't working. Reversed the polarity and that fixed the issue. Fit everything back, starting with the panel clips around edges, then the two screws on either ends and last thing, pressing the panel at different spots to make sure the clips have fit properly.

Final result....
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220205_113219.jpg

Having a flat boot floor was the boon for day as I could sit on the boot and work on these connections.

Will share night time pics if and when I step out with the car.

ODO stands at 36499 kms.

Last edited by ashis89 : 5th February 2022 at 13:51.
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 00:40   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Had to make a quick dash to Puri to meet a friend who's going through some personal loss.

Managed to click this today. Nice and bright.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220206_183338.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220206_183352.jpg
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 20:20   #205
BHPian

Quote:

Managed to click this today. Nice and bright.
Attachment 2269340

Attachment 2269341
Put the same T10s in my storme when one of the Halogens conked off. Really makes the car look cool. But the Halogens do have a warm, classy appeal.
Power savings too.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-screenshot_20220208201809_gallery.jpg  

Last edited by viXit : 8th February 2022 at 20:26.
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 20:59   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
But the Halogens do have a warm, classy appeal.
Power savings too.
Agreed. Halogens look classy and are more pleasant on the eye. That's one reason why I didn't add LEDs to cabin lights. In fact, I removed the LEDs from the WagonR cabin lights and put back the halogens last week.

These low power LEDs are good for the number plate for now as they're not in the line of sight of any onlookers.
Old 14th February 2022, 21:41   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Another Bhubaneswar - Bangalore trip completed over the weekend. Some route updates can be found here (Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries)

I had tanked up at Bhubaneswar, a day prior to the trip and also got the PUC renewed. Tyre pressure was topped up 10 days ago and they were good for the trip. Started on Saturday around 7:15AM, with my parents accompanying me.

A short break beyond Berhampur, to have some breakfast and then we continue. Crossed Vizag and stopped at this Punjabi Dhaba at Kasimkota. I have had good experience here last year and this time was no different. We were in and out in about 35 mins after a sumptuous meal!

Open shaded seating
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220212_140908.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220212_140951.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220212_144241.jpg

Found some lush green fields and took a short breaks so parents could stretch their legs a bit.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220212_164354.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220212_164620.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220212_165006.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220212_165014.jpg

Next stop was directly at my sister's place in Vijayawada. Reached her place by 8:30PM and had hit the bed by 10:30.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220212_202802.jpg

Next day around 9:15AM, I started alone for Bangalore. The previous night, I had faced severe bug hits while bypassing Rajahmundry. So much so that the windscreen looked like a mosaic painting. One shouldn't use wipers on such bug splattered windscreen. So I washed the windscreen to ensure a HD view before I started the journey.

DTE was showing 200+ kms and hence, I decided to drive till Ongole before refueling again. This would ensure two things: I leave Vijayawada city without wasting any time and I get a break after driving for a couple of hours.

This worked well, I refueled after driving for about 180 kms. Found this nice COCO bunk. The last tankful gave a usable range of 972 kms and FE of 18.54 kmpl.

Next stop was lunch. I prefer carrying my food from home whenever possible so I can stop at any good spot of my choice and have some tasty healthy home-cooked food. On a rather hot afternoon, most of the shades were taken up by the truckers. So, I found myself this somewhere near Pandluru.

Rolled down the windows to enjoy the cool breeze, pushed back the seat and gorged on the lunch! It was so relaxing that I felt like sleeping there for next few hours but can't afford it.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220213_135809.jpg

The bugs put up a might fight.....and perished.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220213_135849.jpg

Resumed my journey after lunch. Naidupet to Reniguta stretch is not in good shape. Broken 3 lane undivided roads with a lot of heavy vehicle movement means not a pleasant drive. Add to that, all the vehicles (including the heavy ones) want to avoid the bad patches and go on the good side. That means one has to be patient behind that slow moving truck, be on the look-out for that short window to overtake it and also be watchful of the bad roads/errant oncoming traffic in your lane.

For this 65 km stretch, I punched the accelerator and gunned the engine at every possible opportunity and the car didn't disappoint one bit - point and shoot. At speed, the suspension is can smoothen the potholes rather well. Also since I was driving alone, I could go a little aggressive. Remaining stretch was peaceful till Mulbagal.

Post Mulbagal, I again got heavy traffic till Bangalore. I still have 2/3rd tank of fuel after driving for 500 kms.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220213_172055.jpg

Overall, the trip was a mix of brisk driving and relaxed cruising. Odo stands at 38140 kms.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220213_193156.jpg

Last edited by ashis89 : 14th February 2022 at 21:44.
ashis89 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 20:17   #208
BHPian

Regular reader of this thread here. Wonderful to see the updates about Coyote (& RoadRunner).
Just a small query. I see that you visit Ozone car spa to keep Coyote clean. Considering them for giving my car for a thorough cleaning. Do they clean roof liner too? My car is 6 years old and the roof liner can do with a good cleaning. Thanks in advance.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 20:28   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Regular reader of this thread here. Wonderful to see the updates about Coyote (& RoadRunner).
Thank you!

Quote:
Just a small query. I see that you visit Ozone car spa to keep Coyote clean. Considering them for giving my car for a thorough cleaning. Do they clean roof liner too? My car is 6 years old and the roof liner can do with a good cleaning. Thanks in advance.
I opt for normal wash which includes a round of basic vacuuming - seats, carpets, boot and parcel tray. This is followed by foam wash after hoisting on a lift and some basic polish.

However I have seen cars getting a thorough body polish and interior cleaning. To your query, may be they can clean the roof liner too but I haven't experienced it (or felt the need so far). If it's nearby then stop by and ask them.

I used to stay nearby and visit them. I relocated last year but still visit them as I liked their service so far (long waiting time is a bummer).

PS: If I am able to visit them before you do, I will enquire.
A thorough cleaning is super overdue but I fail to get time :(
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-20220225_202458.jpg

Last edited by ashis89 : 28th February 2022 at 20:31.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 23:00   #210
Senior - BHPian

I can pitch in here as I use Ozone as well for my car cleaning needs. In fact very recently got the Seltos paint protection treatment done from them.

If you want the roof liner cleaned, you have to go for the interior cleaning service. You can check the costing with them as I have never had my interior cleaning done so far for my past 2 cars. In case you are able to meet the owner Mr. Mahendra, you can also check if they have an option to clean the roof liner alone. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Do they clean roof liner too? My car is 6 years old and the roof liner can do with a good cleaning. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
PS: If I am able to visit them before you do, I will enquire.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks