Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2019, 14:11   #31
BHPian

Re: A unique car of its kind! The Renault Triber RXZ in an owner's view

Hi Jagan,

I am considering purchasing a Tiago. Family of 4 (will drive a maximum of 5 people) and have test driven the Tiago also. Majorly - fuel efficiency of Tiago petrol, and the sheer space in the car has been a selling point for us. And we are getting 1L discount for the XZ variant. OTR is 6.5 lakhs, and the dealer is willing to settle for 5.5L. Should we consider the Triber too? If yes, what variant should we check out that could rival the Tiago?

Last edited by aah78 : 9th December 2019 at 22:44. Reason: Tiago, Triber. Spacing fixed.
shrvenkataraman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 16:19   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I have seen several Tribers on the roads of Bangalore.
I think it actually looks pretty good and I like the concept.
Spacious.
Good Ground Clearance.
VFM.

Good Going Renault!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 16:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrvenkataraman View Post
Should we consider the Triber too? If yes, what variant should we check out that could rival the Tiago?
If you think that the sheer space in the Tiago is the selling point, I am sure you will be surprised by the Triber!

Nice that Triber stuck your mind. I think that this is the good thing about the car. Anyone with 5L to 8L in hand, considering any hatches will fall in the range of Triber. I can give you a gist of what it is!

1. If safety is your priority, Tiago should be your choice.
2. If you need more space, Triber serves you well. For you, in the 5-seater mode, you get 625L of storage!
3. Adding to the space, Triber's cabin feels spacious than Tiago. It is wider, has more legroom and head room. Also, it has several storage spaces.
4. I have never driven a Tiago and I don't know about the engine. But I can say that the Triber's engine is good enough for 5 people.
5. Ride and suspension is a brilliant one in the Triber. You will definitely love the ride quality.

I suggest you to take a TD. If you feel that the engine is good, you can choose Triber over Tiago neglecting the body's build quality. Triber will be a mere 2 star car while Tiago may go up to 4 else 5.

I think that the Triber will definitely be a good buy over the Tiago. We were closer to buying a Tigor before Triber.

I can say that this is more VFM than any car in the budget. If 5.5L is your budget, you can only get the RXE. The best choice will be the RXT which will be close to 6.7Lakhs. if you can stretch a bit, get the RXZ which has extra airbags, reverse camera, smart key and a few good things!

So, definitely consider Triber and take a TD to know more!

Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 9th December 2019 at 22:44. Reason: Quoted post was fixed.
Jagann13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 17:05   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent choice of a vehicle, I was very impressed with the space utilization overall fit and finish and drive-ability.

Looks like official review is already here . Top work!

I see Tiago`s name surfacing in this thread, Tiago is a rare Tata hatch that cannot seat 5 comfortably, I hope the potential buyers are aware of it.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 12:33   #35
BHPian

Hello Jagann13, really liked your crisp and honest review about this car. The triber is indeed a very unique car. I had checked it out at the showroom right after launch, but could not take a test drive as there were a lot of people waiting for the same. If it shapes out well, it may end up joining my garage. I have a few questions for you, I would be grateful if you could answer them:

1. In the other triber thread, you had mentioned about some problem with the power windows of your car. Has this been resolved? If yes, then what was found to be the cause?

2. After logging some kilometers, do you think your gear shifts have become smoother? Also, do you hear any abnormal noises while shifting gears?

3. Many owners have been reporting a thud sound in the suspension. Have you faced this issue?

4. Does the car really struggle with air con, or is it manageable?

5. Is it true that newbie drivers will end up stalling the car frequently at traffic signals, due to the gearing?

6. How difficult is it to drive for shorter drivers? Does the dashboard feel way too high? I once sat in a new gen Figo, and found it almost impossible to see outside, thanks to the low seating and high dashboard. ( I am 5’8”)

7. How badly does it get affected by cross- winds? I am not expecting it to be rock solid but I hope it is not as scary as a kwid.

8. Also, please update on the latest mileage that you are getting.

I would really appreciate your reply,
Thanks

Sanidhya
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 17:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
Hello Jagann13..
I had checked it out at the showroom right after launch.. If it shapes out well, it may end up joining my garage.

2. After logging some kilometers, do you think your gear shifts have become smoother? Also, do you hear any abnormal noises while shifting gears?

3. Many owners have been reporting a thud sound in the suspension. Have you faced this issue?

5. Is it true that newbie drivers will end up stalling the car frequently at traffic signals, due to the gearing?

6. How difficult is it to drive for shorter drivers? Does the dashboard feel way too high? I once sat in a new gen Figo, and found it almost impossible to see outside, thanks to the low seating and high dashboard. ( I am 5’8”)

7. How badly does it get affected by cross- winds? I am not expecting it to be rock solid but I hope it is not as scary as a kwid.

Sanidhya
Hello Sanidhya!

As a Triber owner, if I may answer a few of your queries:-

2. I have never heard any abnormal noises while shifting gears in my 1000+ KMS ownership of a little over a month. The Gearbox has good gates, and the gears slot in easily in my car. No issues. I haven't noticed any smoothening of the gears till now.

3. The thud noise reduced after a loosening and re-tightening of the front suspension nuts after complaining. Incidentally, some email had been circulated by Renault regarding this issue by other owners as well and as the email came in after my delivery, it wasn't rectified at PDI by the dealership and was done separately free of cost upon my visit to the service centre.

4. I have found it manageable with AC. I will get to test the car with 4 adults and 2 kids with lot of luggage next week can update on this after that if it really struggled or was manageable.

5. Forget newbie drivers, even after having being driving since 2004, even I stall the car sometimes as the clutch play is very loong. And then the problem is unlike in cars with physical key, which you can crank the engine with, the start/stop button takes time to start in such cases and I end up wasting precious seconds at the stop signals.

6. I am 5'8" as well, and trust me there is no problem in driving. Yes, I cannot see my bonnet's end when sitting on the driver seat, but having driving my father's Baleno also, I do not find it problematic at all to manage in the traffic.

7. I have not had cross winds affect my drive. Unlike my Nano, this feels composed. The wheelbase and dimensions give it a wide solid stance, and it does not get easily affected when a bus or truck drives by. Just my observation.

8. My average mileage living in Manali and mostly on long drives to and from Dehradun have stayed at an average of 15.63Km/L. First service will be done next week.

Hope I was of some help. We would love to welcome you to the Triber family. Do let me know, and we'll add you to the Team BHP-ian Triber Owner's group on WhatsApp once you buy your car.

Regards,
Aditya
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 18:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
1. In the other triber thread, you had mentioned about some problem with the power windows of your car. Has this been resolved? If yes, then what was found to be the cause?

I would really appreciate your reply,
Thanks

Sanidhya
Hi Sanidhya. I will definitely help you with this and happy to see you here. Hope to see you in the Triber group if it's gonna tick your boxes.

1. Yes. The power windows problem has been resolved. The issue was some loose wiring in my case. The real problem is the lack of training of the service people. It took 6 days for the problem to be solved. They told me that they were not trained to assemble/disassemble the door panels.

2. The gear shifts are smooth now. No problem in this case. Till now, I have never heard any abnormal noises.

3. Fortunately, this didn't happen in my car. I heard that some of the batches had this problem and can be easily rectified as Mr.Aditya said.

4. It is manageable. The power loss will be felt only on the inclines. If you are on highways and normal roads, the loss of power due to AC will be negligible.

5. Maybe. The gearing is short and has nothing to do with this. It is the clutch which is different. The clutch bite is felt quite late. Like, for the car to move on the clutch(without throttle), you should release it late. 85% of the clutch release is the point where the car moves. It is not a problem if you are used to old cars(full clutch).

6. Not a problem at all. My dad is 5"5 and he drives the car. The bonnet can't be seen. Lack of height adjustment is a miss, but won't be a problem for your height.

7. Definitely not like a kwid. The crosswinds don't bother you at manageable speeds. The width of the car is good enough to withstand that. Body roll is normal for a car at this height. I have never felt the crosswinds in my experience so far.

8. Most of my commutes are in the city and I get something around 13kmpl. On the highways, I am getting 18kmpl. All data with AC on and T2T.

Also, you might have seen the news regarding the automatic Triber being spied on tests. The turbo petrol is also on the cards. So, the lack of power won't be a problem at all in the future.

All the best and you can ask us anything about the experience to help you!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post

Hope I was of some help. We would love to welcome you to the Triber family. Do let me know, and we'll add you to the Team BHP-ian Triber Owner's group on WhatsApp once you buy your car.

Regards,
Aditya
Thank you, sir. Like many, I am also waiting for the Team-BHP review as well as your ownership review. Looking forward
Jagann13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
Like many, I am also waiting for the Team-BHP review as well as your ownership review. Looking forward
Thy will be done..

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...tric-blue.html
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 22:22   #39
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your prompt replies, @Aditya Deane and @Jagann13! It's very reassuring to know that there are no major niggles as of now, and the minor ones have been resolved. It seems like the car has adequate power for normal day to day usage. I am anyway not very particular about more power, as my usage would be 90% in the city.

Regarding the long travel range of the clutch, I think it should be fine for me, considering the fact that my only driving experience has been on a beat-up driving school santro, my ford iKON within my colony and my mercedes c-class from inside my garage to outside my garage, so my new car would essentially be the first car I would be driving on public roads!

Would love to be a part of the Triber-Tribe( had to use this pun) if I purchase it. For now, I am mainly waiting for the NCAP rating and the launch of the BS6 model.

Once again, thanks to both of you for answering my doubts,
Regards
Sanidhya
Old 8th January 2020, 20:43   #40

My family is with 2 adults and 2 kids (7 Years and 3 Years) and 2 adults joining occasionally. I need a spacious Sedan/Hatchback strictly with Automatic. I am eagerly waiting for AMT. Gone through this thread and I am fine with everything listed here except the build quality and safety.

Is the build quality so bad? I am comparing to Maruti Cars here (like Ignis, new Swift and Baleno).

On the Safety front they are providing Airbags ABS with EBD and Brake Assist.Which i believe should suffice.

After checking the Triber accident video, I think it is better to remove Triber from my list.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...tric-blue.html
escaflowne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 19:48   #41
BHPian

Congratulations on your car. Nice and crisp review highlighting all the salient points. We are also planning to purchase a triber for my dad since we need a 5 seater which can double up as an occasional 7 seater and your review gavea nice insight, thanks for that. We did a test-drive of the Triber and it revealed acres of space and felt much more spacious and well packaged compared to any other car in its class. It really is a nice balance between price and requirement and the fact that it looks good being an MPV is an added bonus.
Wish you many happy memories and miles with your new ride.
Anduril is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks