Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2020, 13:35   #16
BHPian

Re: One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport

Well, You have been congratulated by me multiple times for the RR but here's another one. Congratulations on owning this beast aptly named devil. Not sure how little this is.

The ownership report is fantastic. You have covered so many points that this can turn out to be a 'RR Sport Buying Guide for Dummies.' The pictures are outstanding. Much better than the ones used in online listing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post

On the way, we stopped the car on the side of the road and Rajsri gave a call to a friend in Kolkata to break the news. Till this time we had told no one and wanted to give a surprise. She made a video call and was showing around the vehicle.
It was a great surprise. We were dumbstruck when we saw the vehicle. It looked so lovely that we made a plan of coming to UK just for a road trip in this.

Attaching the screenshot of the video call that I took on the day of purchase for memories

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-screenshot.jpg

As the caption says, One Life Live It, keep doing that till eternity !!

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:05   #17
BHPian

Congratulations! Can feel the thrill from a far off corner in India. btw, what happens to the Mini now?
megazoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:

I had made a small video of the first few days after buying the Range Rover Sport. It is very amateurish though.
Congratulations!!!! She's a real beauty. Your excitement seems to have robbed you of your words in this video. heh

@2:24 Love the diesel engine thrum and note. Very pleasing and sounds so refined. Wish you both many miles of trouble free ownership with lots of memories.
sudeepg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good stuff BlackPearl!

It indeed is a hell of a difference between a That/Bolero/Defender and a proper Range Rover (Sport and the big daddy are the only Rangies in my books, not the baby Evoque!). Congratulations on your new acquisition and wish you thousands of happy and trouble free miles on your Rangie. Enjoy her to the max!
Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 16:25   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on getting an amazing machine!
'Little Devil' does not go with the image of the car though of be honest but I like the name.
You are getting a decent MPG from the car. 25 MPG isn't bad at all for the size and class of the vehicle.

Northern Scotland is an amazing place to drive. I can imagine all the different angles of the photos you might have captured of your car.
Enjoy and wishing you many happy miles in it!
aghate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:44   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on fulfilling your dream. Don't worry about reliability. Things will fail. Just get them fixed. And continue to enjoy your ride more than those with reliable cars.
evil_grin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:02   #22
BHPian

"Arise,awake and donot stop until the goal is reached"- Famous quote from Swami Vivekananda is what that came to my mind reading through how your long cherished dream came true! Heartiest Congratulations! Looking forward to hear on extreme adventures!
Mile_Breaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:49   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on a lovely car in the best colour! A few things which caught my attention. The price of this is what you would have paid for a brand new Jimny or an S-Cross in the UK today. That is crazy! I was checking out the Jimny on the Suzuki UK website recently and the new car prices of Swifts and stuff shook me up a bit.

Your views on driver comfort and seats reminded me of a thread, of a couple who drove their Range Rover from London to Jammu. They had highlighted that they have owned a couple of Range Rovers and swore by it. They mentioned that the Range Rover was recommended in the first place by their doctor who was advising them for back related issues.

Always have had a very high opinion of the Jaguar-Land Rover Group and Tata. This opinion was elevated further after I read this book in 2018 called 'Jewels in the Crown: How Tata of India transformed Britain's Jaguar and Land Rover' a year back. It is not a brilliant book per say but provided some very good insights into the company and what they are striving towards.

Enjoy your car, wishing many pleasant miles.

Best,
Promit

Link of the mentioned book - https://www.amazon.in/Jewels-Crown-t.../dp/B00DFM72D8

Last edited by promit : 2nd March 2020 at 21:02. Reason: sharing a link of the book referenced.
promit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 21:38   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats. It always feels great when you actually get to buy the car you love so much.
Wish you and Rajsri di many happy miles with the Range Rover Sport.
The car looks awesome. I can imagine the fun you are having with this V6 diesel.

The caption for this thread is apt too.
Rated 5*

A very shoddy Photoshop job done by me(just for fun). Will wait for the actual moment to come, when you pose with this SUV at Sandakphu!

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-img_0828.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 2nd March 2020 at 21:42.
Samba is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 21:48   #25
BHPian

What a lovely SUV !!!
That smile on your face when a dream comes true.. Many many congratulations to both of you.

Please invite me as soon as you can to your house

Last edited by BlackPearl : 2nd March 2020 at 22:23. Reason: More than 2 smileys. Thanks.
Uprasenjit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 00:07   #26
BHPian

Excellent detailed write up complimented with equally beautiful captures of the beast. Congrats!!

After reading your ownership report, naive like me will be able to learn a thing or two about Range Rovers.

Congratulations once again to the couple and wishing you happy miles ahead.
RahuKetu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 18:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
We drove down to the beautiful countryside near Chiltern and clicked quite a few pictures.
Congratulations! and awesome pictures!
BloggerMathai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 18:35   #28
BHPian

Excellent write-up BP. Congratulations for the nth time! I just love this vehicle. Looks absolutely killer, especially the angles in which you have captured it.

The only downside after reading the entire thread was that, there were no pictures or videos of the little devil doing some exciting stuff. No OFF-ROADING snippets of the RR owned by BP. Surprising!
navsjab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 23:08   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Many congratulations to you both Blackpearl, not everyone gets to live their dreams and here you are literally driving your's. It's always nice to see your logs,wishing you many miles with this beauty of a vehicle.

P.S-Every time i look at this vehicle and the locations of 'Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara' peep out.Hope to see your's scorching the same
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 03:10   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I have never written such a long ownership thread about any vehicle, maybe because I have never been so happy!
Couldn't agree more ! What an amazingly detailed ownership experience with picture postcard quality photographs to match
Congratulation on materializing one of your dreams !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
A very shoddy Photoshop job done by me(just for fun). Will wait for the actual moment to come, when you pose with this SUV at Sandakphu!

Attachment 1975926
This photo made my day
I am sure this moment will come for real someday !
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks