Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2020, 10:49   #31
BHPian

Re: One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport

Hi BlackPearl,

Now I am pretty sure that we are going to see a London to Calcutta in a Range Rover soon
Hearty congratulations for acquiring such an awesome vehicle that gives many auto enthusiasts wet dreams.

Wish you a million happy miles with it and may be someday that drive to Calcutta does happen.

Cheers,
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 11:30   #32
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Many Congratulations Blackpearl and Teesta !

The Rangie looks super clean and immaculate inside out. Some of the pictures that you have clicked in the English countryside are pure wallpaper material. As Sayakc mentioned, we are already foreseeing a Britain to Bengal roadtrip across Central Asia and Tibet.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 04:55   #33

Sumitro - Please bring this beast to the office as well. Missed seeing this beaut at the parking lot, though Mini pleases my eye
kanna1808 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 07:09   #34
BHPian

Hey Sumitro, a big congratulations to you, wishing you both many many happy miles together. Just keep us posted and share the pics whenever possible. Drive Safe n Drive Hard brother.
Shivanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 10:43   #35
BHPian

Congratulations, Black Pearl! Lovely car in a smashing colour!

Your excitement in the first drive sums it up

BTW the mpg to kmpl - looks like you may have gone with US Gallons. It's UK Gallons I guess which is 4.5 litres so may be lower kmpl in reality. A quick way to convert is to divide it by 3. Eg 45 MPG = 15 kmpl approx. To be precise, 45 MPG= 15.93 kmpl
Jeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 21:28   #36
BHPian

Buying a vehicle is the easy part. Sharing the emotion and narrating the entire episode with other petrol heads with finesse while holding onto the charm and elegance of the machine is top notch in this thread.
I will call this Act 1 Scene 1 ... Look forward to some epic travel threads BlackPerl-Da
ARAY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 12:01   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wish you many happy memories with this handsome SUV, BlackPearl!
Thank you GTO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hearty congratulations on the Little Devil!
Thank you raj_5004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshan Joshi View Post
That's one mad looking RR you've got there. Do consider changing the stock rims to black rims on your ride.
Thanks Eshan! Even I have been thinking of black rims, but that will have to wait. Let's see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
First the Mini, now the Range Rover!! Congratulations on owning 2 fantastic cars.
Thank you arvind71181!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Absolutely brilliant review Black Pearl. Rating your thread a well deserved 5*'s and also wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles with the Little Devil.
Thank you Baddychat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post
Congratulations on getting this absolute beast of a machine!
Thank you turboNath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
As the caption says, One Life Live It, keep doing that till eternity !!
Thank you PapaBravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Congratulations! Can feel the thrill from a far off corner in India. btw, what happens to the Mini now?
Thank you megazoid! Mini is staying as of now. Will decide after a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Congratulations!!!! She's a real beauty. Your excitement seems to have robbed you of your words in this video. heh
Ha ha yes sudeepg. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Good stuff BlackPearl!
Thank you Ace F355!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghate View Post
Congratulations on getting an amazing machine!
'Little Devil' does not go with the image of the car though of be honest but I like the name.
Thank you aghate! I named it Little Devil as it is smaller compared to the real big devil, The Range Rover Vogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_grin View Post
Congratulations on fulfilling your dream. Don't worry about reliability.
Thank you evil_grin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_Breaker View Post
Heartiest Congratulations! Looking forward to hear on extreme adventures!
Thank you Mile_Breaker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Congratulations on a lovely car in the best colour!
Thank you promit!

Quote:
They mentioned that the Range Rover was recommended in the first place by their doctor who was advising them for back related issues.
The Range Rover is quite different from the Sport in terms of ride quality and handling. The Range Rover has a much more plush ride compared to the Sport. Still the ergonomics in the Sport is superb and I really don't want to get down from the vehicle even after a long drive.

Quote:
Always have had a very high opinion of the Jaguar-Land Rover Group and Tata. This opinion was elevated further after I read this book in 2018 called 'Jewels in the Crown: How Tata of India transformed Britain's Jaguar and Land Rover' a year back.
Thanks for the recommendation, will read the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Congrats. It always feels great when you actually get to buy the car you love so much.
A very shoddy Photoshop job done by me(just for fun). Will wait for the actual moment to come, when you pose with this SUV at Sandakphu!
Thank you Samba! Ha ha, the pic is hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
What a lovely SUV !!!
That smile on your face when a dream comes true.. Many many congratulations to both of you.
Thank you Uprasenjit! Please do come over when you get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahuKetu View Post
Excellent detailed write up complimented with equally beautiful captures of the beast. Congrats!!
Thank you RahuKetu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloggerMathai View Post
Congratulations! and awesome pictures!
Thank you BloggerMathai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsjab View Post
Excellent write-up BP. Congratulations for the nth time! I just love this vehicle. Looks absolutely killer, especially the angles in which you have captured it.
Thank you navsjab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsjab View Post
The only downside after reading the entire thread was that, there were no pictures or videos of the little devil doing some exciting stuff. No OFF-ROADING snippets of the RR owned by BP. Surprising!
Frankly speaking I am quite scared to do any hardcore off-roading with this vehicle. I signed up with a few clubs here, but MT tyres are mandatory for most of the events. I don't think I will put MT tyres on the Sport as I drive a lot on the highways. Maximum I will do is a bit of "greenlaning" and a few remote places if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Many congratulations to you both Blackpearl, not everyone gets to live their dreams and here you are literally driving your's.
Thank you ABHI_1512!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Couldn't agree more ! What an amazingly detailed ownership experience with picture postcard quality photographs to match
Thank you Samfromindia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Hi BlackPearl,

Now I am pretty sure that we are going to see a London to Calcutta in a Range Rover soon
Hearty congratulations for acquiring such an awesome vehicle that gives many auto enthusiasts wet dreams.
Thank you sayakc! I too wish I could take this vehicle back to Kolkata, but I don't think that will be possible. Too much hassle I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Many Congratulations Blackpearl and Teesta !

The Rangie looks super clean and immaculate inside out. Some of the pictures that you have clicked in the English countryside are pure wallpaper material.
Thank you //M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanna1808 View Post
Sumitro - Please bring this beast to the office as well. Missed seeing this beaut at the parking lot, though Mini pleases my eye
Let us catch up soon @kanna1808.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Hey Sumitro, a big congratulations to you, wishing you both many many happy miles together.
Thank you Shivanshu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
Congratulations, Black Pearl! Lovely car in a smashing colour!
BTW the mpg to kmpl - looks like you may have gone with US Gallons. It's UK Gallons I guess which is 4.5 litres so may be lower kmpl in reality. A quick way to convert is to divide it by 3. Eg 45 MPG = 15 kmpl approx. To be precise, 45 MPG= 15.93 kmpl
Thank you Jeep! Thank you for pointing out the difference between UK and US Gallons. I had no idea. I have updated the figures in the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Buying a vehicle is the easy part. Sharing the emotion and narrating the entire episode with other petrol heads with finesse while holding onto the charm and elegance of the machine is top notch in this thread.
Thank you ARAY!

I have been overwhelmed by the responses on this thread. Thanks to all once again!
BlackPearl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 22:20   #38
BHPian

Woah that’s a superb beauty you got. Bolero LX 4X4, Thar Crde and now the Range Rover sport, People dream of owning atleast 1 such vehicle in their lifetime and you have owned 3 of them till now.
Heartiest congratulations on the new buy !!!!
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 06:09   #39
Team-BHP Support

The Range Rover Sport covered 4000 miles in a shade above 3 months. It has been running brilliantly from the day we got the Little Devil. Next servicing is booked on 27th of March, but I think it has to be postponed due to the ongoing Covid-19 issue.

A picture of the beauty in this gloomy time -

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-img_77751-copy.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
Heartiest congratulations on the new buy !!!!
Thanks a lot abhikb!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 23rd March 2020 at 06:10.
BlackPearl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 07:39   #40
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations @BlackPearl, a lovely car and an even better Ownership review, thanks for sharing

Wishing you'll miles of safe drives with smiles
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 20:56   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nice review with some excellent pics. I liked the title too "One Life, Live It"

Wishing you many many happy miles with this beauty.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 22:17   #42
BHPian

Just took a stroll and walked past this car.. I am still on the same pavement as I type this. Mate, we need to meet up I live close if this is where you live! Of course after the pandemic is done with

Last edited by BlackPearl : 18th May 2020 at 17:24. Reason: Minor typo
Jeep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 17:21   #43
Team-BHP Support

I have not been able to get the car serviced yet as Land Rover cancelled all the bookings due to covid-19 issue. They are only servicing the NHS, Police and UN vehicles. However, good news is that I got a call this week that they will open the workshop for others from first of June. There will be no courtesy car though. The vehicle has 4700 miles and not a single issue to report. Here is the overall fuel usage chart -

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-sumitro_rrs_fuel_chart.png

A picture of the RRS taken a few days back while going for shopping groceries

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-sumitro_rrs_field.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Wishing you'll miles of safe drives with smiles
Thank you NPV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Wishing you many many happy miles with this beauty.
Thank you arun_josie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
Just took a stroll and walked past this car.. I am still on the same pavement as I type this. Mate, we need to meet up I live close if this is where you live! Of course after the pandemic is done with
That is great news, we will surely meet after the lockdown is over. If I had seen this at the time you posted I could have waved at you . Thanks for not posting any picture of the vehicle. Currently it is terribly dirty and I am just waiting for the lockdown to end to get a proper cleaning done.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 03:19   #44
Team-BHP Support

Got the Range Rover Sport serviced at a local garage. Changed engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter, pollen filter and air filter.

The bill was £220 including labour.

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-screenshot-20200810-22.33.44.png

Clocked close to 6000 miles in the last 9 months and the car has been brilliant till date. I had a feeling that slowly I would start to find faults with the vehicle after the initial euphoria got over, but frankly speaking, it has not given any reason to complaint. Only thing I feel that could have been a bit better for a car of its size and weight is the ride quality. It is hard to find bad roads in UK but once in a while we do encounter a few bad patches and the vehicle tends to get unsettled over those patches.

The average mileage over 5876 miles is 26.16 mpg.

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-img_6089.jpg

A picture of The Little Devil -

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-img_14821.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 01:33   #45
Team-BHP Support

The Range Rover Sport has done close to 16 thousand kilometers (10K miles) in the last 9 months and it is not bad considering the circumstances. Did a 6000 Kilometers trip to Switzerland and the vehicle has been fantastic to say the least. It has exceeded my expectations. I never thought that a vehicle from a brand that has terrible perception regarding reliability worldwide could perform such flawlessly over an extended period of time. A few pictures from the trip -

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-120258812_10158542298170569_4221385957931527002_o.jpg

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-120243318_10158542297985569_8214341489618390957_o.jpg

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-120374650_10158542298110569_5044718919326976916_o.jpg

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-120313938_10158542298205569_7926782063543509487_o.jpg

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-120331560_10158542298045569_8318357442390739254_o.jpg

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-120252044_10158542298060569_725777479506857659_o.jpg

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-120336983_10158542297865569_7951761486152817260_o.jpg

One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport-120329156_10158542298300569_799206657732114743_o.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks