Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2022, 17:50   #46
BHPian

Re: The Magic Carpet - My Honda Jazz Petrol CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Cars are a depreciating asset. It makes great financial sense to use it as long as possible. Once the EMI's are paid off, you can enjoy the car to the fullest without major financial burden
Fully agree with the first two statements. Differ a little with the third one: It is best to completely avoid the loan/EMI route for a car purchase. I would wait patiently until I could afford one. Further, I would only buy a car that I could afford to fully purchase today, rather than dipping into my future (to-be-built) kitty through EMI payments (easy availability of loan has had grave and adverse repercussions world wide). Post purchase one should use it for a really long period. That's how I bought my Santro Xing GLS in 2009 (full downpayment), used it for 13+ years before upgrading, and never regretted. While there are fully understandable and genuine situations when we "need" a car and we cannot afford to purchase it without a loan, but it is disheartening to see many getting into unnecessary debt trap without evaluating their "needs" versus "wants".

Last edited by jaysheth : 8th October 2022 at 18:16.
jaysheth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks