Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2020, 16:56   #31
BHPian

Re: The Magic Carpet - My Honda Jazz Petrol CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Y
What car did you decide on vik99
A Tata Tiago in its sporty JTP guise.
vik99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2020, 17:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjith812 View Post
Wonderful review and congrats for your new ride!! Thanks for sharing your review and initial experiences.

I am in search of buying an automatic car for my wife, looking for a good pre-owned one.
The Jazz CVT seems like a good choice now. I'm personally more inclined towards buying a Brio CVT due to its smaller size.
Ranjith812 Check maintenance schedule thoroughly if going to purchase CVT. Improper maintenance has killed many CVT's before their time. Also check the insurance document. For every claim free year the No Claim Bonus (NCB) percentage increases in this order

Eg: For a vehicle purchased in 2015
• New Vehicle-0% on 2015
• 1 year completed-20% on 2016
• 2 year completed-25% on 2017
• 3 year completed-35% on 2018
• 4 year completed-45% on 2019
• 5 year completed-50% on 2020

If the insurance document has maximum slab of NCB, it means that the car had no major accidents (Including Flood Damage); at least none that needed an insurance payout. Try to get Extended warranty. Honda is currently offering upto 10 years warranty. Verify that Warranty is transferable to the new owner also.

Go through TBhp forums regarding points to be noticed befor purchasing a pre-owned car and you should be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik99 View Post
Congrats on getting a scorcher
Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 17:13   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Wow. A gem to drive.
I think JTPs have been discontinued now hence not availabke in bs6 avatar.

Congratulations on owning this car.

Thumbs up and enjoy the drive
Old 10th May 2020, 18:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on getting a scorcher
Thank you It is a capable little car. There are a few more in Trivandrum I think.

Do keep updating your thread every now and then, it is authentic threads such as these that makes our forum the go to place for folks looking for information on cars they are looking to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamirbhat View Post
Wow. A gem to drive.
I think JTPs have been discontinued now hence not availabke in bs6 avatar.
Thank you, it is now a limited edition. Tata and Jayem Auto had formed a partnership - Jayem Tata Special Vehicles (JTSV) to roll out sporty versions of Tata cars - the Tiago and Tigor JTP. The partnership has ceased to exist. However, Tata is rumoured to be working on a Turbo Petrol variant of the Altroz, so the JTP Twins might not be the last fun to drive cars that Tata rolls out.
vik99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 19:49   #35
BANNED

That is great then.
What stopped me from buying tigor was its engine.
May be the turbo which you refer will change the game

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th May 2020 at 20:49. Reason: typo
aamirbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 20:59   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you It is a capable little car. There are a few more in Trivandrum I think.
Capable little car Understatement. It can run circles around cars twice its cost

Quote:
Do keep updating your thread every now and then, it is authentic threads such as these that makes our forum the go to place for folks looking for information on cars they are looking to buy.
Thank you vik99 for your kind words. Will update on the important milestones

Quote:
Thank you, it is now a limited edition. Tata and Jayem Auto had formed a partnership - Jayem Tata Special Vehicles (JTSV) to roll out sporty versions of Tata cars - the Tiago and Tigor JTP. The partnership has ceased to exist. However, Tata is rumoured to be working on a Turbo Petrol variant of the Altroz, so the JTP Twins might not be the last fun to drive cars that Tata rolls out.
Hope Tata plonks the Nexon Engine into the Altroz soon. While Altroz is good looking, it has been let down by its underpowered engine.

And really hope the Coimbatore based JAYEM AUTOMOTIVES PVT LTD make the Altroz worthy of the JTP brand
Old 21st May 2021, 19:26   #37
BHPian

[quote=Voodooblaster;4799869]TAKEWAYS

Its almost 7,000 words, 14,000kms on the ODO, 13 kmpl FE and 14 months from purchase of vehicle; it’s time to bid adieu.

It has been great reading your review. I am too in the market , trying to replace my decade old wagon r. Moved through selfie , creta ( much overpriced & so beyond budget, also a tad mistrustful about long term reliability of koreans). Looked at & drove new City.. loved it. But alas, too big and again a bit beyond budget.
Finally looking at Jazz. Though not a fan of sunroofs, liking the zx manual. Have driven the amaze, so no surprises in the engine department. Yes, it should have been more spirited but then had I a bigger budget, I would have gone for the city.
Ofcourse the covid situation has to normalise for me to act on my decision.
Still, can you tell me how's the rear seat comfort for long journeys?
HONESTabdul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 23:00   #38

Smart key can't be seen as a gimmick. You don't even need to take out the key from your pocket to get in ,start or even off
or lock the vehicle. This is very handy when you have several shopping bags as well.
Old 7th June 2021, 20:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1994 View Post
Smart key can't be seen as a gimmick. You don't even need to take out the key from your pocket to get in ,start or even off
or lock the vehicle. This is very handy when you have several shopping bags as well.
Even with the smart key, we still need to free a hand to open the boot.

And while it does have a limited utility, at least for opening doors, the premium charged by OEM's for this relatively simple tech is huge

Cranking and turning off the vehicle through a key is not really a big chore is it ? Call me old school if you must, but personally I find cranking an engine using a key very satisfying

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Still, can you tell me how's the rear seat comfort for long journeys?
Rear seat can easily accommodate 3 medium sized adults on long trips comfortably. Please buy the CVT. The increasing traffic demands a CVT. I think V CVT will come in your budget. You lose out on smartphone connectivity and sun roof though

Manual Jazz has to be kept at Rpms above 2000 for it to be a reasonable performer.
Old 16th September 2022, 23:22   #40
BHPian

@Voodooblaster, thank you so much for your review on Honda Jazz. I just wanted to ask this to all Honda / Jazz owners (a million rupee question!): If Honda discontinues Jazz soon after we purchase it, do you have any idea for how long shall we continue to get spare parts and required regular services? Thanks in advance!
jaysheth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 23:27   #41
BHPian

I forgot to add: Please note that we are interested in buying a Jazz VX CVT or ZX CVT, and I would like to use it for at least 15 years, if not more, unless of course if we are forced to change the car due to any government norms/regulations/any issues with the car etc. The idea might sound crazy but having been a happy owner of the Santro Xing GLS for 13+ years I just want another very reliable automatic petrol hatch that can go on for similar or more tenure.
Old 22nd September 2022, 19:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysheth View Post
If Honda discontinues Jazz soon after we purchase it, do you have any idea for how long shall we continue to get spare parts and required regular services? Thanks in advance!
Personally for my Car, I am of the opinion "We will cross that bridge when we come to it"

On a serious note, as long as Honda sticks around in India, no need for undue worries regarding spares. If Jazz is discontinued, there may be occassional delays in sourcing parts.

The 1.2 litre CVT is shared with Amaze in India. The steering and other parts seem to be shared with their best seller City. So not much worries needed on that count

Even in worst case scenario of Jazz leaving India, OEM support will last for a reasonable no. of years

Quote:
We are interested in buying a Jazz VX CVT or ZX CVT
Congratulations on a very sensible and logical decision.

Since you are looking for an Automatic Premium Hatch with long term reliability, this is probably the best choice

The D mode will satisfy the mileage conscious user, while the S mode can be indulged in to have a little bit of fun

Quote:
I would like to use it for at least 15 years.
The idea might sound crazy
It's a perfectly sane idea. Please go through this thread by GTO (How a more expensive car can work out cheaper (if you hold onto it for longer))

Cars are a depreciating asset. It makes great financial sense to use it as long as possible. Once the EMI's are paid off, you can enjoy the car to the fullest without major financial burden

Please take maximum extended warranty.

Had changed 2 minor parts (horn and rear window motor) under extended without any fuss(that reminds me that I do have to update this thread)

Last edited by Voodooblaster : 22nd September 2022 at 19:14.
Old 22nd September 2022, 20:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
On a serious note, as long as Honda sticks around in India, no need for undue worries regarding spares. If Jazz is discontinued, there may be occassional delays in sourcing parts.

The 1.2 litre CVT is shared with Amaze in India. The steering and other parts seem to be shared with their best seller City. So not much worries needed on that count

Even in worst case scenario of Jazz leaving India, OEM support will last for a reasonable no. of years

Since you are looking for an Automatic Premium Hatch with long term reliability, this is probably the best choice

Please take maximum extended warranty.
Thank you, Voodooblaster. We just took the delivery of our Jazz VX CVT I have been updating various threads. Here is a slightly longish post about my rationale behind this choice, thanks to the wisdom shared by all of you here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5404242 (Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!) and since there are many threads on Jazz (all of which are so good), I am trying to update further experiences on the official Honda Jazz review thread. Here goes the accessories list (Honda Jazz : Official Review) that we purchased (will keep updating this thread). 5-year warranty was the maximum on offer (and we can extend up to 5 more years before the current ones expire), so we have taken full 5-year warranty.

Also I fully agree with the thread by GTO about retaining your cars for the longest possible period. I have anyways been a firm believer of that, and had used our Santro Xing GLS for 13+ years, and handed it to the Honda dealer for exchange today, with very sweet memories of the same. We will never forget our Santro either. In year 2022 itself we had spent over 25k on the Santro for tyre upgrade, battery upgrade, boot door suspension replacement, brand new headlight assembly on one side, full servicing, oil change etc. and it still runs as good as new from the showroom. Just wanted the next customer to be really happy, *safe* - as safe as we would want ourselves to be - and thankful to have got this wonderful no-compromise car! We are just so happy that the customer of our car (whoever Honda dealership sells that to) would be equally happy.
Old 22nd September 2022, 21:12   #44
BHPian

Quote:
We just took the delivery of our Jazz VX CVT
Congratulations

Quote:
In year 2022 itself we had spent over 25k on the Santro for tyre upgrade, battery upgrade, boot door suspension replacement, brand new headlight assembly on one side, full servicing, oil change etc. and it still runs as good as new from the showroom. Just wanted the next customer to be really happy, *safe* - as safe as we would want ourselves to be - and thankful to have got this wonderful no-compromise car! We are just so happy that the customer of our car (whoever Honda dealership sells that to) would be equally happy
That's a very fine gesture

More often than not, exceptionally maintained cars exchanged to dealers are reserved for dealer employees. The Santro is a perfect city car for a bachelors/ young couples (young employees of dealerships). Also it'll be a fun car for a college student (children of senior employees of the dealership)

All said and done, please ensure that ownership of the Santro is transferred ASAP. Follow up constantly with the dealership folks till it's reflected in Vahan Site
Old 22nd September 2022, 21:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations

All said and done, please ensure that ownership of the Santro is transferred ASAP. Follow up constantly with the dealership folks till it's reflected in Vahan Site
Oh I see! Thank you for the advice! The dealership gave me the delivery note and said now onwards all responsibilities and liabilities are on us, and zero on you. But what you said makes sense. They made me signed transfer forms with no buyer details specified and said in max 1 month the car will be sold. Definitely, will keep following up until actually done. Thanks again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks