Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2020, 21:11   #31
BHPian

Re: My pre-worshipped Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8L AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
Many congratulations, your Innova seems to be in a great nick. Just wondering if it is possible to replace the rear captain seats with a bench seat. Those captain seats are a deal breaker for me and the lower version of the automatic vehicle with the bench seat are way too sparse.
If there is an option to replace the center captain seats with bench seats, i will be the 1st one to do so. Any information about it anyone?
manasmadaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 19:17   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
If there is an option to replace the center captain seats with bench seats, i will be the 1st one to do so. Any information about it anyone?
I don’t know if you can change both bucket seats for a bench but you can put a seat in between which is available with several accessory shops, even some Toyota dealerships were providing one!
Attached Thumbnails
My pre-worshipped Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8L AT-75638e61f99a45b8ae6fb2e897f5315c.jpeg  

My pre-worshipped Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8L AT-54ede0aafc844e39aede49249d2dfb60.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 19:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I don’t know if you can change both bucket seats for a bench but you can put a seat in between which is available with several accessory shops, even some Toyota dealerships were providing one!
Looks good to put in for occasional drives when you need an extra seat. Has anyone used it? Is it simple plug and use or special fitment needed?
Old 9th October 2020, 20:30   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

It’s a removable piece, so can be kept in the boot or in the house if not required. Also there is another type where the captain seat’s armrests can be kept as it is.

Also I found one picture where someone has stitched an extra seat on to one of the captain seats without any support at the bottom. Can’t answer whether it will be able to survive the weight in the long run.

(In no way am I associated to the makers of these seats just sharing what I found)
Attached Thumbnails
My pre-worshipped Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8L AT-7f0169170c7a41528ed5c4cf82d8953d.jpeg  

My pre-worshipped Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8L AT-4629187d55be4def9454551d60f1ba59.jpeg  

My pre-worshipped Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8L AT-0f9843c5e89646239625e7cca032c03c.jpeg  

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 9th October 2020 at 20:33.
Old 10th October 2020, 00:11   #35
BHPian

Is it possible to remove the bucket seat and replace it with the bench seat.

These middle seat refills seem a bit uncomfortable
Old 12th October 2020, 16:43   #36
BHPian

Congrats for buying used Crysta AT.This 2.8 is just a keeper and you will never miss driving it.The Innova is one reliable vehicle,which will never let you down.We also own Innova,but 2nd gen 2011 version,which is also pre-worshipped,bought in 2016.Initially,we had considered Crysta 2.8 at the time of launch but due to its price,had to buy the pre-worshipped Innova VX from our close acquaintance,who had bought one of the last piece of old Fortuner.

After 4+ years and 90,000 Kms of the usage with the Innova(present odo reading is 1,65,000 Kms),we are planning to sell off the Innova as it became fuel guzzler(thanks to its age) and get a used Crysta 2.8 AT.In fact,I had seen a 7k Kms run 2019 GX 2.8 AT going for Rs.19.5L.But,bit sceptical in purchasing this car just because it's a base version,which lacks OE features.

The FE you are getting is great.I never managed more than 11-12 Kmpl on our Innova on highways till now.On rare instances,I got around 13.5 Kmpl to 14 Kmpl but the FE stays within 11-12 Kmpl.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 17:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Looks good to put in for occasional drives when you need an extra seat. Has anyone used it? Is it simple plug and use or special fitment needed?
Is there a very compelling need for converting the second row to a 3 seater ?

For me, my previous Gen and the current Crysta was both the 'captain seats' models and that was one primary decision influencer. When my wife and I and my son are out on a very long drive, the competition is for the second row captain seats. I have spent about 10% of my time in this row of seats as well. I simply love it, recline, stretch out, belt on, catch a quick 40 winks if need be and enjoy the ride.

Unless there is a real compelling need, i would say that your passengers will get used to the lovely captain seats.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 22:23   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Is there a very compelling need for converting the second row to a 3 seater ?

For me, my previous Gen and the current Crysta was both the 'captain seats' models and that was one primary decision influencer. When my wife and I and my son are out on a very long drive, the competition is for the second row captain seats. I have spent about 10% of my time in this row of seats as well. I simply love it, recline, stretch out, belt on, catch a quick 40 winks if need be and enjoy the ride.

Unless there is a real compelling need, i would say that your passengers will get used to the lovely captain seats.
I agree. The comfort level of captain seats is simply unparalleled. The recline. the stretch on these seats is a very comforting feature. I wont be using the middle row ever i think. Its just that we have a family outing, the extra seat can come handy so was looking for any options if available in the market.
manasmadaan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks