Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2020, 09:55   #31
BHPian

Re: My Kia Seltos HTE Diesel MT Review

Great review and I liked the seat covers, stereo a lot. 4 GB ram is more than what most companies are giving in their factory systems and will be future proof at least for the next 3 to 5 years. Good call to buy the base variant and customize it without compromising the warranty. Wishing you many happy kilometers.
Cessna182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 10:55   #32
pms
BHPian

Congratulations for the Seltos, looks really cool in the white shade. I really liked the music system that sits flush like a stock one. Wish you many miles of happy motoring.
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 11:40   #33
BHPian

The music system and the seat cover look perfect in your car! Congratulations!

Seltos and Creta base are an interesting options (I am referring to Petrol Model for feature comparison). I sort of prefer Creta EX since it has a factory fitted Music System and electric OVRM. But your music system looks flawless on the dashboard. Thank you for sharing the model and the price.
vellatechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 18:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
....The only thing lacking is - alloy wheels. I'll say, please search OLX in and around your city area
It is in TODO list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
Great review and I liked the seat covers, stereo a lot. 4 GB ram is more than what most companies.....
Agree, also 2gb version comes dual-core, its laggy. 4GB version comes with octa-core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
....Seltos and Creta base are an interesting options (I am referring to Petrol Model for feature comparison)....
Yep, I explored Creta as well. Seltos looks stunning, else both are built on same platform.
Old 12th October 2020, 00:31   #35
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride. Hope it will take you to lots of places. And seat covers are very nice too. I've a couple of questions, can you please clarify?

1) Does HTE model come with ISOFIX? I don't find that info in the brochure, but couple of youtube videos and cardekho mention that 2020 HTE diesel model comes with ISOFIX. Can you please clarify?

2) Did showroom guys agree if you chose not to take basic kit?

3) Are the HTE colors (white/silver), non-metallic type? I got pricelist from JSP Kia, and it is mentioned that these two colors are non-metallic type. Does it mean, these colors are less durable?

Last edited by GTO : 13th October 2020 at 08:07. Reason: Poorly Typed Posts
ramki.grandhi is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th October 2020, 12:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
2) Did showroom guys agree if you chose not to take basic kit?
3) Are the HTE colors (white/silver), non-metallic type? I got pricelist from JSP Kia, and it is mentioned in that these two colors are non-metallic type. Does it mean, these colors are less durable?
Yes, you can opt out basic kit and insurance from dealer.
HTE colors are non-metallic, I am not sure about durability. You can go for aftermarket ceramic coating, if you have concern about durability.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th October 2020 at 19:24. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
sharan_si is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 19:44   #37
BHPian

Thanks Saran. One last thing, does HTE comes with ISOFIX?
Old 12th October 2020, 21:27   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
HTE colors are non-metallic, I am not sure about durability..
The white is solid but the silver is metallic.
Brishti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 22:04   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
The white is solid but the silver is metallic.
That's the confusing part sir. Sales person from JSP Kia Bangalore sent me the price list and it shows as non-metallic. But the sales person says it's metallic. Again, they don't have a clue about isofix.

Anyways, I'm planning to book in Jan 2021. So, by then we would get some clarity I guess.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2020 at 23:26. Reason: Typos
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 14:48   #40

Congratulations on the new car sharan, it looks fabulous in white. Love the minute upgrades you did it not going over board, they definitely improve the look and feel of the base model. Loved the woodman HU and the seat covers. Wish you many happy miles on your new car.
TS09SRITOG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:20   #41
BHPian

Congrats for your new Ride. It is definitely a wise decision.
I have few queries being HTE owner and looking forward towards some accessories:

1. Does the HID kit requires holes to be drilled in the back cap of the Headlight enclosures?

2. Does the installation of leather covering on front centre armrest requires extensive dismantling or damage to OEM parts and rattles thereafter?

3. Is the piano black panel of Woodman Head unit dust magnet or easily scratchable?
H Karter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 01:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Karter View Post
Congrats for your new Ride. It is definitely a wise decision.
I have few queries being HTE owner and looking forward towards some accessories:...
1. Does the HID kit requires holes to be drilled in the back cap of the Headlight enclosures?
--Yes, need to drill the holes, also make sure you seal it properly to avoid fogging.

2. Does the installation of leather covering on front centre armrest requires extensive dismantling or damage to OEM parts and rattles thereafter?
--No issues here.

3. Is the piano black panel of Woodman Head unit dust magnet or easily scratchable?
--No scratches so far, it will accumulate more dust than regular black
sharan_si is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 15:32   #43

Hi,
Could you please let me know where did you get the Woodman installed from? Where did you buy the USB TPMS from and where did you install the HID's from. Planning to get these 3 things done on my car.
Old 25th March 2021, 14:27   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkool View Post
Hi,
Could you please let me know where did you get the Woodman installed from? Where did you buy the USB TPMS from and where did you install the HID's from. Planning to get these 3 things done on my car.
Got USB TPMS from Aliexpress (in 2019). HID installed in Sachins Autoshop, Koramangala.
Old 12th April 2021, 22:34   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
I bought Seltos HTE Diesel MT 2 months back, So thought of sharing the initial ownership experience.

This is my 3rd car, I owned Fiat Grande Punto(sold) and Renault Duster (with my brother now).

Upgrades:[list][*] Woodman android Stereo (4gb with intel octa core processor).

Woodman android Stereo (4GB RAM with intel octa core processor):
Woodman has 2GB and 4GB version of android unit, initially, they didn't have the 4GB one for Seltos, because Seltos has limited space behind the stereo unit, I spoke with the Woodman team and asked if they can modify the backside of the unit to fit into Seltos, They came back after a week with the trial unit and it fitted perfectly.

Attachment 2059697
Piano Black frame comes with Head-Unit.

Attachment 2059696

Attachment 2059690
USB receiver for TPMS

Attachment 2059694
TPMS app

Installing Woodman unit:
There is no need to cut wire, all the couplers are available with the unit itself, also they have given piano black frame with it, it looks like factory fitted unit
Attachment 2059689

Attachment 2059765
Place to Keep the mobile is above USB ports, tough to access.
Congrats Sharan and hope you are enjoying the Seltos. Even my friend who bought Seltos in Bangalore happened to meet a car veteran, completely upgrading his base model Seltos. Hope it was you

I'm considering woodman head unit for my Nexon XMA. Got to know from BHPian in TATA HEXA thread that woodman are trustworthy. One doubt still remains.
Does the stock USB port work after installing the system? Do not feel like keeping mobile in glovebox while using Android auto. Currently USB doesn't work in mine (Unplug android HU).

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks