Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2020, 10:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Critical Initial Review : Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
Nice and honest review. My Daily drive is a year old jazz cvt vx. I decided upon the jazz after looking at the baleno , polo , venue and i20.
It’s an extremely relaxing and comfortable car for city use. The looks and interiors are spacious and comfortable. I did upgrade the ICE and got Stanley leather seat covers and a few accessories fitted to uplift the interiors. Overall it’s a good no nonsense car. Internationally the jazz is sold as the Fit which sells in good numbers in its segment.
Please share more details about the ICE upgrade. I have a 2015 Jazz and have been on the lookout for upgrade ideas.
Spaced Out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 11:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Nice no nonsense review.
That's how I view my car as well - a headache free means of transportation for daily commute, which can occasionally seat 5 regular sized people in relative comfort, alongwith good amount of luggage carrying space.
Use the S mode and paddle shifts for some fun, at the expense of FE.
I agree with you on the AVN unit - that's one buggy piece of equipment !
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 12:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Out View Post
Please share more details about the ICE upgrade. I have a 2015 Jazz and have been on the lookout for upgrade ideas.
Sure. I changed the speakers to Blaupunkt components and installed a 4 channel Blaupunkt amplifier. I did not change the head unit as it found it to be satisfactory.
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 12:35   #19
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy! This is a no-nonsense city-car for family use. Can vouch for the ease of use as a point A to point B car and the ease of owning a Honda. The car is down on power to tickle your enthusiast bone but no hatchback beats it in terms of space and practicality. If you're someone who drives with a light foot you are getting ~80% of a Honda city at 60% of the price. The car will grow on you and I was so impressed that I even contemplated buying a second Jazz in the family as city run-about. Wishing you many happy s-miles!
govindasrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 21:53   #20
BHPian

Many congratulations for your new car and i wish you many miles and smiles in the future

I have been using my Jazz diesel for 5 years now and i can proudly say that it was a wise decision back then betting on this. The ownership has been fuss free and the car has been reliable in its 90k run so far. The car has performed so flawlessly that we have almost taken reliability for granted. The space it offers can shame the so called compact SUVs. The jazz is a keeper and highly underrated car. Those who look beyond the bling will absolutely love it.

Last edited by apache_aayush : 3rd November 2020 at 21:56. Reason: Added congrats message which i forgot in first attempt
apache_aayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 02:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the car. Well thought out decision

I believe a lot depends on which car you are coming from. For someone coming from city it surely feels slow but for someone like me upgrading from Estilo it felt okay-ish. Not great like the 1.5 AT in Figo/Ecosport but certainly not too bad either, thanks to the dull 1.0L k10b in Estilo (now in the lighter s-presso). And it actually turned out cheaper (by ~40k) compared to i20 or baleno CVTs as both were crossing 11L(OTR Bangalore) back then(Feb 2019). With discounts I got the VX CVT exclusive edition for ~10.6L( damn Bangalore taxes).

The decent build quality, reliable and smooth cvt, practical features (except adjustable rear headrests) & big car like space(inspite of small footprint) made me zero in on it as mine is a 1 car garage. Had test driven Nexon AMT,ecosport AT, i20 cvt, aspire AT, baleno cvt, grand i10 AT over 2-3 months before finally taking a decision from head rather than heart. It’s been 1.5 years & 10,500kms of smooth camaraderie since. Wish it had the 1.5L, rear adjustable headrests & 1 year service interval though

Last edited by SoumenD : 4th November 2020 at 02:15.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 12:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftain View Post
Index
I have noticed many people open their reviews with a soulful, sentimental, poetic write up.

The Honda Jazz is not a vehicle that evokes any feelings of passion.
Very refreshing.
Calling it exactly what it is instead of some fantastical description making it look extra ordinary and special. Thanks for that and good luck with your car. Not that you will need it considering its a Honda, but still.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 09:29   #23
BHPian

Chieftain, I haven't had this much fun reading a review ever. Thank you so much for the entertainment, and kudos on jamming in so much information in it as well. Your review certainly was more fun than your car seems to be to drive. Hope you get another car soon, so that we can read more from you!
Punatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 15:06   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your choice and trust me this is one of the un-biased opinion on jazz.

I own an 2016 model Jazz MT VX model. I can 100 % second each and every points that are mentioned here.

I have completed close to 65,000 Kms on it over the last 5 years and the car change bug has never hit me. Really wanted to continue for another 50,000 kms at least.

Its a car that does it job without any notice.

Space:
  1. Easily one can bet it has the best interior space management. During lock down, I once carried a work table from the furniture shop to home. Thanks to Magic seats. it gives a lot of flexibility.
Fuel efficiency:
  1. This is a very debatable topic. My father owns a swift petrol. I see that this is no less fuel efficient to that. I still get 18 on highways and 13 in city traffic.
Power:
  1. Sure not one of the powerful hatches, but never breaks a sweat on the highways. Well planted and stable. Can reach 140 without any nervous spots.
Reliability:
  1. Absolutely a no nonsense car. 65,000 kms and still running on stock brake pads and stock clutch. No parts changed under warranty and absolute peace of Mind.

If you have a driving enthusiast inside you and the psycho in you comes out when you see the needling revving high, this is not the car for your folks.

Incase you are looking at a long term relationship with a reliable car from point A to Point B. eyes closed you can pick a Jazz.

Its a car that you will not fall in love , but once you are used to it, you can never part with it.
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 08:55   #25
BHPian

I’m currently getting an offer for 10,82,000 for the Vx.

The on the road pricing was calculated at 11,12,000 for Kerala including extended warranty and road side assistance. Then they gave discounts to bring it to 10,97,000 and extra verbal discount to 10,82,000.

Has anyone been able to bring this down further in 2020 or 21, or should I pull the trigger? I was hoping to get close to the 9.5 that Chieftain was able to get.
Attached Thumbnails
Critical Initial Review : Honda Jazz-06728087001145bbb4048da833809bc2.jpeg  

Last edited by di1in : 13th April 2021 at 09:09.
di1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 08:16   #26
BHPian

Thanks to chieftain for DMing some advice. We finally bought it for 10.73 on the road in Kerala.
di1in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 08:41   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Loved your review and writing style.

I owned a Jazz for 10 years and the first 5 of those 10 it was my daily driver and then moved on to the chores + domestic staff + carting plants for my wife + kids on dates + God knows what. The Jazz is a mule. Picture a lovable family pet mule. No matter what it is always there, always hauling loads and always utterly reliable. But a mule all the same. My kids learnt how to drive on the Jazz pressing the wrong pedal at the right time, making the gear box scream in agony, banging the old girl at least twice (don't get naughty ideas) and for many years it was the only car they were allowed to drive. So the car was the ride for many dates!!!!

If Honda were to bring out an EV variant of the Jazz with its tight dimensions, tight turning circle and oodles of space I would look at it seriously again one day. Sadly Honda's presence in India has gone steadily south these last 6 or 7 years.
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 13:41   #28
BHPian

Thanks for the fantastic review. I have been owning a SV MT 1.2 ivtec for the past 5 years and I cannot take one word out from your review. However, there are a couple of points I would like to add here

Although its not a fast car, I have felt it to be remarkably good in highways. Yes, you need to down shift frequently and to overtake but it rides like a feather when driven at sensible speeds. Even at 3 digit speeds, the ride is very compliant and you will never feel nervous. I used to drive an i10 and Ritz earlier and always felt nervous when they reached 3 digit speeds.

I think in all practicality, the pros just outweigh this con.

Happy miles ahead!
eyesice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 11:17   #29

Dear All - I am writing after a REALLY long time. Yesterday out of a whim my wife and I decided to explore the option of replacing our Hyundai Grand i10 (automatic). The simple reason being the mileage of the i10 is scary. With the petrol prices going north and offices planning to start by next year the running cost of the i10 would be frustrating.
The car is 3 years old and being used by my wife.

I am so glad to login into TBHP website and see the reviews and discussions. Ofcourse i am not surprised.

I too have thought about 3-4 options (Hyundai i20, Tata, Glanza and Jazz). Since i already own a Mobilio (which i hardly use) i am hoping to make a good deal with the dealer.

I am so glad i saw this article by @chieftain. It has definitely aided my analysis. I have a budget of 10L provided my i10 gets offered a 5L buyback price. The i10 is also not heavily used (<20K Km)

Having said that i have heard abt a "new" Jazz coming up. But the price will be definitely above 10L so that option is a NO for me. Infact i am hoping to get a better bargain due to this.

My fellow TBHPians please do let me know any tips before i visit the showroom, hopefully on the weekend.

Cheer and please stay safe. I am going to the showroom post my first vaccine and with a double mask.

Best Regards,
-TheCapri
thecapri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 19:09   #30

hello - quick update
Had been to the showroom and did a TD. The car is good. Ticks all my checkboxes. Space, Power, looks, safety, instrumentation. The AC was Ok (saw some feedback about it in earlier threads).
Low power during overtaking is well supported by the paddle shifters.

I am looking for a ZX version with an onroad (ALL inclusive) is 11.7. my budget post current car buyback is upto 6L. Right now i am negotiating with the sales team to give me a decent buyback. My expectation is 5.25 but they can extend upto 4.5. This will be followed by discounts.

I may have to drop the idea unless sales come back. However i must say without a doubt that the car is really good. Nothing fancy but a good solid car which satisfies all needs of a family car.

Regards,
-TheCapri
thecapri is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks