Old 18th April 2007, 23:44   #76
BHPian

Here's BSmotoring's take on the Palio Stile -

Top Story - Stile the show - Business Standard Motoring
Old 19th April 2007, 11:12   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maktags View Post
Just a small query, the rear seat looked very upright to me, has anyone else also observed it or is it just my perception.
Cheers
That is same wth older version of palios as well as Petra. Not so comfortable, but probably good for your spine on long drives
Old 19th April 2007, 11:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
That is same wth older version of palios as well as Petra. Not so comfortable, but probably good for your spine on long drives
OT:
There was a recent scientific study which concluded that a reclining position is more beneficial for the spine as against upright position.
If you want i will search and PM you the link (if found).
Old 19th April 2007, 13:35   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Here's BSmotoring's take on the Palio Stile -

Top Story - Stile the show - Business Standard Motoring
Is this author, Rohin Nagrani, the same as ex-member Revvmaster?
Old 19th April 2007, 14:43   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
The names seem to match...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...eal-names.html
Old 19th April 2007, 15:50   #81
BHPian

I test drove a 1.1 Palio (Stile) yesterday in Mangalore. Here are my observations:

01. Exterior is refreshing but is not something I'd fall in love with (like the old one).

02. Interiors are weird. I somehow didn't like the quality/color of the materials used.

03. The gear lever seems to have been raised! I felt it to be higher by at least 2", than the old one (couldn't confirm though).

04. Clutch felt a bit smoother than the older one (only when the ignition was off!!!)

05. The power: Utter disappointment. The loss of power from 1.2 to 1.1 is massive. With 1.2, one could always down shift and get to the red line to extract 72bhp. 1.2 has the numb zone between 0-2000rpm. In 1.1, Fiat has very successfully shifted the numb zone between 2000-7000rpm!!! It is a pure city car which can beat the Reva easily! I expect the 1.1 to take 18+ seconds to reach 100kmph (without AC, flat road, light weight driver)!!!

06. Verdict: Now people will crib about the lack of power instead of poor fuel efficiency (like earlier)!!! Damn, Fiat.
Old 19th April 2007, 18:04   #82
Senior - BHPian

Today's D.C. had an ad for the new Palio. Looked good IMO - atleast the front. The rear was not shown in the ad.
Old 19th April 2007, 19:21   #83
Senior - BHPian

Drove the 1.1 SLX last weekend. I prefer the earlier design.
Smooth engine, certainly not revv happy, stiff gearshift, good ride, ok handling, ok brakes, still not ok dashboard. A bit more swanky interiors would have done wonders. Since the price is low, they'll probably sell some.

1.6 is around 4.9 OTR in Kolkata.
Old 19th April 2007, 23:07   #84
BHPian

The 1.1 ltr engine gets to it peak torque by 2750 rpm, it is a significant improvement over 1.2.

Last edited by swathyd : 19th April 2007 at 23:08. Reason: mistake
Old 20th April 2007, 09:43   #85
Senior - BHPian

got a call from prerana bangalore. they are now offering the following free:

1. sun film
2. central lock
3. mud flaps
4. door mats
5. extended warranty = 18 months more
Old 20th April 2007, 09:58   #86
BHPian

Hi guys, this is my first post ok yesterday i did the test drive of 1.1 palio stile @ manipal motors ,what ever u guys have reviewd its much the same .1 query though are the spare parts very expensive then the marutis & and the santros of the road ,can i fit lpg after a year to this car and will the warrant be void? plz reply
manipal motors on road price for 1.1 slx is 4.57 how much did he offer u?
Old 20th April 2007, 17:03   #87
BHPian

The BSmotoring review,the link for which has been provided in the earlier post says-

"I'm not sure why Fiat has allowed the car to pitch a lot. As soon as you downshift and start building momentum as you exit, the lateral movement is a fair bit."

Now I was going through the specs of the Stile and the it seems the anti- roll stabilising bar,which was earlier fitted on the front suspension of both-1.2 and 1.6 variants, is now only available on the 1.6 version!
If that is true, maybe the high speed stability and cornering of the 1.1 will suffer.Experts,please comment on this!

Last edited by roms : 20th April 2007 at 17:09.
Old 20th April 2007, 17:26   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Yep. I think he was with Overdrive earlier - seems to have joined BSM recently.

Btw, the new Fiat-India site looks pretty sleek. And it is fast. Hope they turnaround soon with some new models.
Old 20th April 2007, 17:32   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Hi guys, this is my first post ok yesterday i did the test drive of 1.1 palio stile @ manipal motors ,what ever u guys have reviewd its much the same .1 query though are the spare parts very expensive then the marutis & and the santros of the road ,can i fit lpg after a year to this car and will the warrant be void? plz reply
manipal motors on road price for 1.1 slx is 4.57 how much did he offer u?
dont go to manipal. their customer care (by this i mean even saying 'hello' to you, is pretty pathetic! they dont even care about you that you are in their showroom. prerana is preferred. but dont take my word for it, go and ask them talk to them! the spare parts are unlikely to be expensive, personally i know fiat is among the cheaper spare parts people for along time. if you convert to lpg warranty will be void. the on road prices will pretty much be the same everywhere in bangalore!
Old 21st April 2007, 19:14   #90
BHPian

Went to test drive the Palio. The driver was not available so did not test drive it. While talking I enquired about the 1.6 and I was told that it will be formally launched next week. The showroom did not have the car yet. They are expecting 2 demo cars to come in next week. Have given my number and asked them to call me once the car comes. I told them, I'm interested only in the 1.6 version.
The onroad pricing in Hyd is as follows:
SL:400568
SLE:423102
SLX:445760
1.6 Sport:492222
What I found most interesting is that the salesman told that there is a 15K discount on ALL varient of the Palio!!! I asked him twice just to make sure I heard it right. All varients, including the 1.6!!!
If it is true, I'm booking the 1.6!!!

My take on the Palio.
The looks has improved. I love the twin headlights. It gives a very premium look to the car.
The boot space is very good for a hatch. Can easily take 2 big bags plus more stuff.
The whole body seems solid and secure. Doors do close with a solid thud.
The interior is a bit of a let down. Very basic. Nothing exciting. Nothing that stands out. Not much space to keep stuff. I'm disappointed that they followed the Indica design by putting the cup holder inside the glove-box cover...not useful at all.

Now just waiting for the TD.

OT: Also went for a TD of the Swift diesel. The engine is fantastic. It blew me over. I have never driven a diesel engine like that. But I would never buy the car. I dislike the looks (Sorry swift owners). Passengers sitting in the rear seat looks as if they are being transported in a prison vehicle. Terrible bread-box windows. BUT it is doing very well. Don't know if it is for all dealers, but this dealer has stopped taking new booking for the Swift D. This dealer said that there is a waiting time of atleast 6 months! They are taking booking only if you are willing to wait that long! Reminds me of the Padmani and Amby days!!!
Also dropped into a Mahindra showroom. They said the Logan will come after a week.
Thought of seeing the Getz Prime, but I really do not like the idea of the santro engine in the hevier Getz body. So dropped the idea.

Last edited by DriverR : 21st April 2007 at 19:28. Reason: Additional information added
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks