Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2020, 17:53   #16

Re: Heart over head! My pre-owned Honda CR-V 2.4L AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post
This ECon button is for Moral support for the inflated petrol bills, more than anything else!
LMAO...This had me in fits

Congrats on a great car and happy motoring.
MikeRX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 18:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations
It's an excellent vehicle, I happen to own a 2010 in Australia or the previous version with the same motor and underpinnings.
Bought it as a work horse and it has done 60K in 2.5 years and it has been flawless, mind it, those 60K kms for me started at 100K on odometer.

Btw, my CRV has rear seats that can be reclined, how come the facelift doesnt have them, or may be they are ommited on indian versions?
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 20:07   #18
BHPian

I am in the market for a preworshipped car. I don't know where to start my search. Should I trust olx or should I visit thr authorized used car showrooms? Its all very confusing. Therefore, for my learning, how did you decide whether you'll go through a dealer or search on olx and how much did you pay for this 2015 model?
Old 28th November 2020, 21:33   #19

Congratulations, the car looks very good. I am in the same boat. I own a city and have been looking for a good used crv. The online search revealed few good cars but dealers are asking a high price. A lot of cars have worn out leather seats, did you experience the same ? Did you consider 2.0 automatic? Any idea how is the FE over the 2.4 ?
Old 28th November 2020, 21:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Pineapple Ameet, Congratulations on an excellent purchase! For base variant OTR price of Seltos or Creta, you can buy this premium SUV two sizes up. Thanks to craze for diesel SUVs, petrol SUVs take big depreciation hit. This gen CRV looks best, with vovlo-ish tail-lights.

In your second post, you have posted pic of rat-repellent pouches under the hood. Both, the cloth pouch and tobacco are highly combustible. The engine heat can ignite these. I wouldn't do that if I were you. You should explore other avenues.
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 00:08   #21
BHPian

Thanks GTO!! This really made my Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread moved out from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to the Reviews Section. Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations . This is really a superb premium SUV to buy used. Your car is going to our homepage today .
Old 29th November 2020, 00:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
...Have a great time with it.
Thanks bigron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMvW.Rajat View Post
Unlike the big boxy SUVs this one isn't trying too hard to look butch and comes across as elegant and has a 'classy' element which adds to it's character.
Thanks BMvW.Rajat ! Yes you picked the right word, it has that unmistakable element to it that's just absent in a lot of other butch SUV's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Great review. CR-V is the perfect upgrade from the Civic. Wish you many trouble-free miles.

One tip: Get AWD fluid changed often.

Probably access to the fuel pump & the tank.
Thanks landcruiser123 Honda manuals say change at every 60K. what's the frequency at which you've been changing it, and why?

On the fuel pump bit...will do the tinkering the next time i get some free time in hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
Love your writing style, man! Great review!
thanks EightSix! Glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Veer View Post
Enjoy the car, and keep us updated on it's drinking habits!
Haha! Sure De-Veer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Congratulations...
Here's wishing you infinite kilometres of happiness
Thank you so much Sreesh1009!

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Can you please elaborate how much did you pay for this car?And,how much FE are you getting with this car?
Sure car_guy1998. I paid 11.7 for this.
As for the FE, in the initial days (when i was getting the hang of AT) i was getting 6.5ish... however offlate with a lil more gentler way to pep up the pedal i've observed it's been hovering in 8ish region.
On my recent pune trip i got an avg. of 12.3 including the cruise on at sedate triple digits.
Buy Boy! this thing can run well, as well as Sedans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
the bad thing is the suspension which makes noise post 60k kms (depending on the kind of roads one drives her on).
Ouch, this is a first of what i'm hearing. Indian roads are almost the same everywhere...except mumbai, where there are dug ups next to potholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I have only one recommendation - do not even think of moving to 18" wheels
Noted!

Last edited by pineapple_ameet : 29th November 2020 at 00:52. Reason: omitted the triple dots!
pineapple_ameet is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 00:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
How about TPMS?
Could be little tricky to source it in current times.
Awesome! thanks highlander! I may be troubling you with some PM's for some more gyaan on this!TPMS was on my mind and your post surely has been god sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
those 60K kms for me started at 100K on odometer.
Btw, my CRV has rear seats that can be reclined, how come the facelift doesnt have them, or may be they are omitted on indian versions?
Now that's why Honda's & Toyota's are mile munchers, isn't it akshay4587 ! Shall look forward for inputs from you on the general upkeep going forward.

On the recliner seats,i guess they did seem to omit that part, as atleast i couldn't place any way to recline the seats.This was a bad omission if they did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
I am in the market for a preworshipped car. I don't know where to start my search. Should I trust olx or should I visit thr authorized used car showrooms? Its all very confusing. Therefore, for my learning, how did you decide whether you'll go through a dealer or search on olx and how much did you pay for this 2015 model?
Hi sjain2054, I don't thinks there's any clear formula when it comes to used car market... Though the learning for me was...if you can have patience (read - if you can afford to postpone the purchase till the time you get a 'can't miss it' kinda deal, by all means do it!) And till that time, be voracious with all the possible channels of exploring the deals, preferably direct sources, but do keep options open from more reliable dealership companies. hope this helps! As for pricing, already answered in earlier post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsangelzooms View Post
Congratulations, the car looks very good. I am in the same boat. I own a city and have been looking for a good used crv. The online search revealed few good cars but dealers are asking a high price. A lot of cars have worn out leather seats, did you experience the same ? Did you consider 2.0 automatic? Any idea how is the FE over the 2.4 ?
Hi hellsangelzooms! Thanks for the kind words. Dealers will always quote atrocious prices. I used to get quotes of ~15 for '14 models irrespective it was 2L or 2.4. I was very clear from the beginning that i wanted the updated '15 2.4 AWD model. The 2.0L may have marginally better FE but surely misses out on the pull that 2.4 has. Have mentioned about FE in earlier post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
In your second post, you have posted pic of rat-repellent pouches under the hood. Both, the cloth pouch and tobacco are highly combustible. The engine heat can ignite these. I wouldn't do that if I were you. You should explore other avenues.
hi pgsagar! I must say a BIG thank you for this. This indeed sounds so logical now that you've told that. The tobacco pouch came as 'legacy' with the car from the previous owner and it did amuse me but never thought of it as a risk,thanks again!

Last edited by Sheel : 30th November 2020 at 10:19. Reason: As requested.
Old 29th November 2020, 05:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks landcruiser123 Honda manuals say change at every 60K. what's the frequency at which you've been changing it, and why?
I’ve had friends in the US not change it and he had very expensive repairs. My Friends mechanic suggested 3 years or 30k miles in regular driving conditions. 2 years if AWD is being used a lot.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 06:15   #25
BHPian

@Pineapple_ameet The only difference I found regarding driving in eco mode is during activated cruise control. When you resume the preset speed with eco mode switched on, the car would reach that speed in most fuel efficient way, RPM climbing only very slightly and downshift is rare. This makes it pretty pretty slow. With eco mode switched off, they spin up quickly just like kickdown. This can only be discerned on highways and does increase fuel efficiency by 5-10% in my personal experience with 2018 city. I must admit it took me over a year to actually note this when I was using cruise control over 50% of my driving.
Congratulations on a lovely car. Kudos for a nice detailed painstakingly penned review.

Last edited by Entsurgeon : 29th November 2020 at 06:18.
Entsurgeon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 08:32   #26
BHPian

Good buy. I have a predilection for Honda brand. I have driven back to back gen Honda accord with the same engine and transmission obviously lower HP output. Both the cars were preowned. The one you got is the one i have set my eyes on once my current 2008 preowned Honda Accord goes away in the next couple of years.

Do now worry about the seamless convention 5 Speed AT. Its so good , tried and tested AT. Don't forget to follow AT fluid replacement schedule by the book.Honda genuine ATF is the right choice and no other should be used.

I was zooming in the pic which showed the engine bay and was looking for the steering pump. I am not sure whether this one has the hydraulic steering pump. Mine has the one which is a known culprit, comes with its own set of niggles after 40-50k km: leaking steering fluid, stiff steering , slight grinding noise....etc . Usual fix for me is keep topping up steering fluid. If yours doesn't have the hydraulic steering pump then you have one less niggle to worry about.

As for parts, well good thing about Honda brand is lot of After market parts availability and they do the job even though less durable compared to OEM parts. But what can one do when one goes to Honda ASS and they prescribe a certain part replacement and follow it up by stating that it needs to be ordered and may take some time(I'm talking about parts that are not too frequently replaced).

Overall good buy, Happy driving. Would love to own this CRV in future.
ritedhawan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 09:37   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
2 years if AWD is being used a lot.
You meant if the mileage is higher right? because it's a full-time AWD.
During the diagnostic at the HASS (during purchase), the guy did check the fluid and didn't advise a change (maybe because of low mileage?)
Shall also check the service records to check when was it last changed...
Many thanks for this!
pineapple_ameet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 09:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You meant if the mileage is higher right? because it's a full-time AWD.
During the diagnostic at the HASS (during purchase), the guy did check the fluid and didn't advise a change (maybe because of low mileage?)
Shall also check the service records to check when was it last changed...
Many thanks for this!
Are you sure it's a full time AWD?
My 2010 is an on demand AWD, it is FWD by default, rear wheels kick in when front start to lose traction.
Have driven it many times in snow, and this is how it behaves; pretty sure, yours runs the same underpinnings.

It's a fairly effective system, i haven't felt the need of a manual AWD Selector/Button even in snow.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 09:44   #29
BHPian

Ahh! I know what you're saying, I did ended up playing with cruise control and econ while going to Pune, didn't correlate it with the mileage though.. Shall keep an eye on this on my next Highway drive. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entsurgeon View Post
@Pineapple_ameet The only difference I found regarding driving in eco mode is during activated cruise control.
Old 29th November 2020, 14:40   #30
BHPian

Congrats ameet. Excellent car and a Beautiful review!

CRV and Civic, those are my fav cars and I really wish to own one at some point of time. You are lucky enough to own both of them back to back!

Cars like this for around Creta / Seltos price is a no brainer, any day.
kamilharis is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks