Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2021, 14:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Nightwing, a 'Superb' choice | My Skoda Superb Sportline in Race Blue

The Blue Whale looks amazingly Stunning. Definitely it does give a very firm grip on the road . Looking forward to the real concerns about buying a Skoda in India: The After Sales Service. Do post after your first service.
sportymonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 14:52   #17

Congratulations on your new car, it looks amazing in that racing blue. Wish you many happy miles on your new car.
TS09SRITOG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 16:05   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car. I love this color and with blacked out accents its just Superb undoubtedly

This color was my first choice when I had thought of buying a Octavia vRS in 2017/18 I think these blue shades are same.

They are some bits of L&K which you mentioned which are hard to miss, blacked out looks uber cool

I used to have a Rapid and it was all blacked out even the headlamps and fogs even before the Monte Carlo version came.

I want to make my current car all black but not sure if I will do it

Happy motoring miles ahead. As a previous Skoda user and driven that for 120000 kms its super solid.
Puneet0051 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 16:50   #19

Congrats on the new car and thanks for the detailed review.
I, myself had a similar selection experience, the only difference being, I missed the 2020 model by a whisker. I am now close to finalizing the 2021 Sportline.

Would love to hear your ‘Engine Run-in’ experience/advice.
Kev-P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 17:32   #20
BHPian

Congratulations and a lovely choice of ride!
The more I think about it, I feel that when I take the plunge, it could very well be a Skoda. I totally feel for you with regard to your gripes listed in "Hates" section.
No ventilated seats, no 360deg camera, fixed head rests & no blind spot indicator would top my list of misses.

Maybe console one's self with the thought of less tech meaning less things likely to fail in the future

>> NightWing
Lovely Name!

Loved the attention to detail in your review and how you have highlighted the features that matter!

Wish you long and happy miles with your steed.

And yay! That marks my transition from 'Newbie'

Cheers!
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 17:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
One nitpick is that there is no OFF button. I must press on Menu & turn it off from the AV head unit.
Congratulations on your Superb! Lovely colour. As for the Airconditioner, just rotate the centre rotary switch two notches slowly followed by a quick flick anti-clockwise. The AC will turn off. It works for all VAG cars - definitely does for my Superb and Ameo. Hope this helps.

Cheers!
krishsreedharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 17:57   #22
BHPian

Dear Ddislover,

Many many congratulation for your new machine. In the world full of SUV's, I am also a sedan lover and I will always be a sedan lover. Your's and GTO's blog on Superb acquisition has made me spend 5 hours on Internet exploring the Superb, it is indeed pure luxury. I am in awe.

If you may, when did u actually buy the car? Considering the price for both your car(Sportline) and the one GTO bought(L&K) is exactly the same and since you negotiated hard, there must be a timing difference in purchase.

It might educate on when is Skoda generally at knees to sell their cars :-D
M.Dua is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 18:52   #23
BHPian

Man, when are you driving down to Hyderabad?! Itching to see this beauty in real life soon and yes, you owe us all guys a treat (esp. Varun and Anumod).

Here's wishing you a happy and hassle-free ownership.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 12:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks!

Hope everyone is staying safe during these trying times! Corona induced lockdown/WFH has taken its toll on me, leaving me battered and bruised emotionally and physically. Although me nor any one in my close family contracted the disease, staying locked up at home threw a lot of other challenges in front of us. Long story short, I cannot wait for the world to recover and go back to being normal!

Great post! The car looks smashing!! Congratulations and happy miles!

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th February 2021 at 15:19. Reason: For better reading experience (especially from smartphones) please do not quote the whole post. Thank you!
clementw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 12:31   #25
BHPian

Congrat DDisLover on your new ride. Amazing colour by the way.
Satish Pari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 12:53   #26
BHPian

Congrats on the ride and wonderful review!! Looking forward to seeing it in flesh in one of our drive meets once you back in Hyd
manas_270 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 09:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Nice ...free ownership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satish Pari View Post
Congrat ... way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clementw View Post
Great post!...happy miles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu.algods View Post
As a die-hard ..write-up too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
Beautiful write-up and ...an long drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS09SRITOG View Post
Congratulations on your new car...your new car.

Thank you everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Man, when ... ownership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post
Congrats on ... in Hyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
A BIG congrats for your new car. ... flesh soon
Haha thanks folks! Will meet up in Hyderabad soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Congratulations DDiSLover .. TSiLover
Haha, true that. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Lovely car and sweet choice of colour. ... the luxo barge.
Thank you! Yeah, I was super skeptical of the color at first. But after seeing the car in person, I absolutely love the color! Taking pictures that do justice to the color is a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
Good write-up DDISlover. I too purchased .. AUTO setting?
Sweet, thanks and congratulations to you too! Please do post some pictures, I haven't seen a white sportline yet. I'm sure it would be uber cool, that white & black combo!
PPF - I'm mulling over the idea, and will decide soon. I find the AC to be pretty good, I leave it in Auto mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Congrats ...of Happy Motoring!
Thank you! I will post more pictures once I do a proper photoshoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
Welcome to the Superb club! This is ...something that I am missing?
I can relate! Love driving this barge! For the torch, there is a button you can click on the remote. It doesnt light up the same bulbs when docked, but there is another 2 bulbs on the side which light up. in this picture, A is the button which lights up the bulbs C. B is the light that turns on when docked.
Nightwing, a 'Superb' choice | My Skoda Superb Sportline in Race Blue-torch.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportymonk View Post
The Blue Whale ..first service.
Yeah, I'm hoping for a good experience with service. Will keep this thread updated as I go through ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet0051 View Post
Congratulations ..super solid.
Thanks man. Yeah, I think the Octy vRS has the same shade. Please do post pics of your Rapid, I'm sure it looks amazing in black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev-P View Post
Congrats on the new ..experience/advice.
Ah! Congrats on your purchase! The 2021 does have a few good additions. Did you get the L&K or the Sportline? Also, if you dont mind me asking, did you get a good discount on the 2021 car?
Running in - I'm not going crazy strict. Skoda says the first service is only at 10K kms and that the engines do not need running in. That being said, I am driving carefully and not taxing the engine too much. Lets see how this goes. How are you running the car in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Congratulations ...That marks my transition from 'Newbie'

Cheers!
Thank you! Congratulations on the graduation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Congratulations on ...Cheers!
Good catch. I did this and it worked! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Dua View Post
Dear Ddislover,...at knees to sell their cars :-D
Thank you! I bought the car in January, but started the process in December (test drives, negotiations etc.). From my limited experience, I feel the best times to buy a car are:
  • March - The financial year end targets mean that most dealers are desperate to sell. You have the upper hand during this time window. When I bought my i20 in March 2017, the dealer said that there is a waiting period. I told them that I want this specific variant in white, and I am ready to pay full cash, and I want it before March 31st. Take it or leave it kind of offer. They accepted and gave me a good exchange value for my old car as well.
  • December - The calendar year end is yet another time when dealers push for selling cars. Come January, and the demand for cars manufactured the previous year drops like crazy. If you are planning to change your new car in 3-5 years, then do not compromise. But if you plan to keep the car for a good 7-8 or more years, then it is worth considering. In my case, I intend to keep NightWing for 8+ years. Therefore, I feel it was worth it.
  • When a facelift is around the corner - Dealers would be keen to clear stock from the previous gen since most buyers would want the latest and greatest. If you are ok with the previous model, you could get some nice discounts. In this case, the added features on the 2021 Superb are good-to-have in my opinion, and I was more than happy to take a 2020 car instead.
DDiSLover is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 10:44   #28
BHPian

Congrats on your new purchase . It looks stunning in Blue .

I had recently purchased 2018 preowned superb in White color and last week I got the 9 layer ceramic quoting done . Would highly recommend it to keep the gloss and colour of your Superb to last beyond 5 years from Indian Dust and heat.

Please do let me know how you intend to add the sub woofer in your superb . Hope any external addition does not void the warranty .

Enjoy your new Ride .

[QUOTE=DDiSLover;4991279]. The hands-free boot was certainly not a must have, and the speakers on the Sportline seemed enough for my tastes (thinking of adding a subwoofer down the line). /QUOTE] .

Last edited by i_nv : 8th February 2021 at 10:50.
i_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 10:57   #29
BHPian

I want to thank my father. Dad, without you, this dream would have never been possible. Thank you dad, I love you! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
Congrats on your new purchase . It looks stunning in ..
Thank you, and congratulations to you as well!

If you dont mind sharing, how much did you pay for ceramic coating?

For the subwoofer, I am yet to check and see if I need one or not. I'm still getting used to the car and have played music loud enough to test. If I do decide to add, I will try to leverage the same wiring/harness that the L&K uses. Will let you know.

Last edited by DDiSLover : 8th February 2021 at 11:20.
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 14:50   #30
BHPian

I paid 62K for 9 layer of ceramic coating. They took 5 days to complete the job. Since the car was 30 months old it took them more than usual to remove the swirl marks .

This was in Gurgaon.

Due to extremely hard water in gurgaon , I was suggested to only go for car wash where RO water is used and avoid getting car cleaned by our daily car cleaner.

Sharing some pics for your reference .

Thanks

Quote:
I want to thank my father. Dad, without you, this dream would have never been possible. Thank you dad, I love you! <3

Thank you, and congratulations to you as well!

If you dont mind sharing, how much did you pay for ceramic coating?

For the subwoofer, I am yet to check and see if I need one or not. I'm still getting used to the car and have played music loud enough to test. If I do decide to add, I will try to leverage the same wiring/harness that the L&K uses. Will let you know.
Attached Thumbnails
Nightwing, a 'Superb' choice | My Skoda Superb Sportline in Race Blue-20210202_161827.jpg  

Nightwing, a 'Superb' choice | My Skoda Superb Sportline in Race Blue-20210202_161841.jpg  

i_nv is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks