Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2021, 16:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nightwing, a 'Superb' choice | My Skoda Superb Sportline in Race Blue

That's a brilliant purchase, DDiSLover. With the new sorted gearbox and more than sufficient performance to always put a smile on your face, you're going to have a ball of a time with this Skoda.

Wishing you many kms of joyous ownership and safe driving .. Time to request the form mods to somehow allow you to amend your handle
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 23:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
That's a brilliant /// allow you to amend your handle
haha thank you buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
I paid 62K ...Thanks
Got it, thanks bud! Your white steed looks amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
Congrats ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
Welcome ...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
Good write..?
To all Superb owners - does the cigarette lighter socket remain powered even if the car is switched off and locked? I hooked up my dashcam and it isnt turning off when I lock the car! Is there some setting I can use? I dont want to drain the battery out.
Old 9th February 2021, 16:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
[*]Air conditioner – the multi zone climate control system is cool! The AC cools quickly and effectively. One nitpick is that there is no OFF button. I must press on Menu & turn it off from the AV head unit. #facepalm
Congrats on your Superb. It looks stunning in that color.

Karoq has an Off button for the AC where the Rest button is in your car. what does the Rest button do?
Old 9th February 2021, 16:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
To all Superb owners - does the cigarette lighter socket remain powered even if the car is switched off and locked? I hooked up my dashcam and it isnt turning off when I lock the car! Is there some setting I can use? I dont want to drain the battery out.
Yes, this is a Skoda 'feature'. I can't understand in what scenario this would be useful. All 12V sockets remain powered On at all times. I just pull out the charging adaptor of the dashcam after every ride. It is a major hassle, I agree. And half the time, I keep tossing in bed, trying to remember if I disconnected the dashcam or not
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 21:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Congrats on your Superb. It looks stunning in that color.

Karoq has an Off button for the AC where the Rest button is in your car. what does the Rest button do?
Ah, interesting. I pressed the button but it did nothing. A quick google says this:
“Rest” as in “Remaining”.

It turns on the blowers on a low setting for about 30 minutes to blow through the warmed air or in summer the air-con cooled air. It only works if switched on within a short time after turning off the ignition. source

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Yes, this is a Skoda 'feature'. I can't understand in what scenario this would be useful. All 12V sockets remain powered On at all times. I just pull out the charging adaptor of the dashcam after every ride. It is a major hassle, I agree. And half the time, I keep tossing in bed, trying to remember if I disconnected the dashcam or not
oh man. Guess I have to follow suit, or tap the fuse box with a hardwire. All online research points to the same thing - you cant power it off when you shut the car down.

Last edited by DDiSLover : 9th February 2021 at 21:59. Reason: added more details
Old 10th February 2021, 00:10   #36
Sen
BHPian

Great choice, glad despite the Skoda horror stories you didn't pass up on a great car (good call on the extended warranty!)

May Nightwing serve you for millions of kilometres happily.
Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 15:09   #37
BHPian

Did a mini photoshoot (didnt have my camera, restricted to using my mobile), attaching the best of the pictures

One of my favorite angles!
Nightwing, a 'Superb' choice | My Skoda Superb Sportline in Race Blue-whatsapp-image-20210430-15.06.04-2.jpeg

The DRLs give a scary look to the car at night
Nightwing, a 'Superb' choice | My Skoda Superb Sportline in Race Blue-whatsapp-image-20210430-15.06.04-1.jpeg
Nightwing, a 'Superb' choice | My Skoda Superb Sportline in Race Blue-whatsapp-image-20210430-15.06.04.jpeg
DDiSLover is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 13:32   #38
BHPian

Alas, I had to part ways with Nightwing.

I've detailed the closing remarks on the main Superb thread (Skoda Superb : Official Review).

Mods - please close this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks