Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2021, 00:05   #421

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
Can experts JEEP Compass throw some light on the below points?

5. What Fuel efficiency we can look at from Petrol & Diesel versions? I am looking at around 2000Km driving a month which works out to ~25,000km per year.
I own Petrol Manual variant. I get 11-14 depending upon usage within and outside city limits.
Old 13th November 2021, 10:31   #422
BHPian

Can any owners of the Diesel MT or Automatic variants please post if they've faced any issues with the DPF clogging or clutch operation in general with daily Mumbai traffic.

Stuck on deciding between the Petrol Auto vs the Diesel MT.

The biggest worries I've narrowed down are only on these 2 areas. Since the Diesel MT is actually just a shade cheaper or on par with the Petrol Auto, the only major long term concerns would be around the service costs and the DPF or clutch burn issues in regular city commuting where sustained 40/60+ kmph speeds are not really an option.

I have driven the Petrol and the Diesel Auto's and am very clear that the Diesel motor would be my first choice.

The petrol auto offers the benefits of convenience and no hassles or niggling doubts in the head regarding any filters clogging etc. No clutch worries too possibly? The engine and the gearbox however offered me really no joy at all. The turbo lag is significant and I say this having sufficient experience with the Polo 1.2 GT Tsi. The lack of response and the deadpan experience in responding to throttle inputs just left me with a hugely depressing feel.

The diesel on the other hand was a hugely more fun experience and left me wanting more. Great feedback and effortless ability to pick up speed!

My City commutes are usually 15/20 km for most trips and usually not more than twice or thrice a week (not daily).. weekend drives outside the city are usually once a month. Long holiday drives are normally 1800/2000km drives twice or max thrice a year down to Belgaum/Goa etc.

Since the 4x4 auto is out of budget. It will have to be the Manual. If it were not for the reported issues around the DPF I would have already made a choice!

Last edited by Vandit : 13th November 2021 at 10:41.
Old 10th December 2021, 16:45   #423
BHPian

After a long wait and lot of deliberation, booked Jeep Compass Model S 2.0 Diesel AT (Blue Colour). Initially my head said go for XUV700 as it's more value for money and I booked XUV700 AX7 L Diesel AT but in corner of my heart, I always wanted Jeep Compass as my next car. Then came the shocker. Mahindra sales executive told me that I will get my car in May 2023 and somehow I was very happy to know this as I could put a strong case in front of my Wife now. She wanted XUV700 as it's more spacious and currently I have XUV500 so kind of I understand her viewpoint on space. It's more difficult to convince wife for something then to convince your manager for better appraisals She has now accepted that Jeep definitely looks and feel more premium and with limited numbers of Jeep on road (as compared to XUV), it will give bit of exclusivity. It's a head turner for sure.

I will get the delivery on next Sunday as car is available with dealer and manufacturing month is November. Got some discounts - 50K on ex-showroom (Negating the price hike they did recently), Insurance (they will match outside price. I am getting the comprehensive Zero dep plan at 78K), and 23600 of delivery/documentation charges. I will further negotiate for some free accessories.

Now eagerly waiting for next Sunday. Each day is soo long now
Ashu03 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 17:33   #424
BHPian

Hi,

Finally after an evaluation process of 3 months, i booked Jeep Compass Diesel auto (model s) last month and took the delivery last week. Views and ownership reviews from fellow members were very helpful in finalising the car. Thanks to all the members.

Have driven the car for around 500 Kms with 2 short highway runs. Had few questions on the initial observations from the drive. Need some help from the members on the same. I took the car to the workshop also to discuss these with he service manager who said these are normal. He also connected the car to his machine to check if there are any faults but did not find any.

1. When i stop at some signal, the steering moves slightly to the right or left with a jerk when i release the break to move. This generally happens when the steering is not straight. This has happened 4-5 times and the movement is very small but with a jerk. Service team said this is due to electric motor which straightens the steering once brake is released. the movement is not dangerous as it happens at very low speed and i can control it immediately. But am worried if this could lead to some bigger problem in future.

2. The RPM doesnot go beyond 2.5K as the car shifts the gear. Have been trying not to press the pedal to hard but couple of times during highway run when i got a chance, pressed the pedal hard to check if the car holds the gear. It did take the RPM to 3.5K at the most but that was with pedal pressed completely. Also tried this in manual mode and the RPM did not cross 4K. This is my first diesel car so not sure if this is normal.

3. Could be related to point 2, the pick up of the car is not as good as the test vehicle i tried. Infact after my highway drive, i drove my ignis where i felt the pickup to be better (have an AMT ignis). Service guy said that this is normal for new car and will improve with time.

4. The music volume goes down when i get a notification on car play. After couple of seconds, the volume increases. This happens on the left speaker only and takes 3-4 seconds for volume to be back to normal levels for other speakers. SA again said that this is a normal feature in all the cars. I connected my phone to the test drive vehicle but don’t remember this happening during my drive then. Did not have any other car available during my visit this weekend to check this.

Also, have got mileage of around 12.5 in the 500 KMs i have driven (including 250 KM of highway drive). This is as per the MID as i have not refilled my tank yet. These are early days and hoping it will improve.

Thankfully no rattles so far but these are still very early days. Keeping fingers crossed.

Would be helpful to get some views from other members. Thanks in advance.
ysomani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 08:55   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysomani View Post
Had few questions on the initial observations from the drive. Need some help from the members on the same. I took the car to the workshop also to discuss these with he service manager who said these are normal. He also connected the car to his machine to check if there are any faults but did not find any.

1. When i stop at some signal, the steering moves slightly to the right or left with a jerk when i release the break to move. This generally happens when the steering is not straight. This has happened 4-5 times and the movement is very small but with a jerk. Service team said this is due to electric motor which straightens the steering once brake is released. the movement is not dangerous as it happens at very low speed and i can control it immediately. But am worried if this could lead to some bigger problem in future.

2. The RPM doesnot go beyond 2.5K as the car shifts the gear. Have been trying not to press the pedal to hard but couple of times during highway run when i got a chance, pressed the pedal hard to check if the car holds the gear. It did take the RPM to 3.5K at the most but that was with pedal pressed completely. Also tried this in manual mode and the RPM did not cross 4K. This is my first diesel car so not sure if this is normal.

3. Could be related to point 2, the pick up of the car is not as good as the test vehicle i tried. Infact after my highway drive, i drove my ignis where i felt the pickup to be better (have an AMT ignis). Service guy said that this is normal for new car and will improve with time.

4. The music volume goes down when i get a notification on car play. After couple of seconds, the volume increases. This happens on the left speaker only and takes 3-4 seconds for volume to be back to normal levels for other speakers. SA again said that this is a normal feature in all the cars. I connected my phone to the test drive vehicle but don’t remember this happening during my drive then. Did not have any other car available during my visit this weekend to check this.

Would be helpful to get some views from other members. Thanks in advance.
First of all Hearty Congratulations on your new Car.
I also own the new compass Model S Diesel AT. It has done around 7000kms till now.

1. The steering issue doesn't seem like a major one. Usually some new cars will have steering and alignment issues till the first service. It may resolve after wheel alignment during first service. However if it concerns you very much ask the service personnel to do alignment right now and check it.

2. During normal drive the gear shifts happens just above 2000 rpm. But in manual mode it can go till 4500 rpm. And performance improves much after 1st 5000 kms service. The engine and gearbox felt eager after service. However I do not recommend pushing the engine to higher revs till first service.

3. This sounds weird. My car felt very quick right from the day one. We were very happy with the outright performance of the car. I got my car in April 2021. Maybe Jeep locked the performance till the first service in the newer cars. Not sure.

4. I use Android Auto. The volume reduces for couple of seconds on all speakers during notifications. However you can mute WhatsApp notifications on the notification tab itself so that you can enjoy your music.

Have a Happy and Safe drive.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd April 2022 at 14:22. Reason: trimming quoted post for improved readability
TChandraShekar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 14:01   #426

@shaju_13b

I am planning to S-Petrol from Trivandrum.

Can you please message me so that I can talk to and clarify certain points before I take my final decision.

@sandpkd

I am planning for S-Petrol and Galaxy Blue color.

Can you please message me so that I can talk to and clarify certain points before I take my final decision.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the 1st post, instead of submitting one post after another.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd April 2022 at 14:21. Reason: merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the 1st post.
Old 3rd October 2022, 22:27   #427
BHPian

Is it just me where I find the AC to be effective in manual mode rather than auto mode. I just set the temp and then the blower to 2 and get better cooling now than set ac to auto? Maybe the sensor that looks at internal temperature is not too effective.
hypermiler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks