Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2021, 14:09   #31
BHPian

Re: My pre-worshipped Skoda Superb | Jumped from one Skoda to another Skoda, jumped a segment too

Just completed a 1800 KMS trip to my hometown in Andhra Pradesh. There were two single day 500+ KMS drives and both were extremely comfortable. I have used cruise control very generously on highways and its pretty stress free. In fact cruise control is very handy during quick overtakes of slow moving traffic. Somehow accelerator felt very hard during the short spells of cruise control disengagement. I need to downshift several times in order to ease pressure on my right foot. Looks like I have to make a visit to service centre.

The car did perform extremely well all through the trip which has mix of highways and interior roads. Ride is extremely comfortable and composed on highways but unsettled on broken country side roads. Also upgrading the rubber from current Apollo’s should help in improving the ride. Superb is a dream to drive on ghat roads and always ready to be pushed on the hair pin bends. Here are few pics shot in Nallamala forest near Nandyal
My pre-worshipped Skoda Superb | Jumped from one Skoda to another Skoda, jumped a segment too-nallamala_front.jpg
My pre-worshipped Skoda Superb | Jumped from one Skoda to another Skoda, jumped a segment too-nallamala_back.jpg

Here are few pics from Orvakal Rock Garden, Kurnool
My pre-worshipped Skoda Superb | Jumped from one Skoda to another Skoda, jumped a segment too-rock2.jpg
My pre-worshipped Skoda Superb | Jumped from one Skoda to another Skoda, jumped a segment too-rock1.jpg
My pre-worshipped Skoda Superb | Jumped from one Skoda to another Skoda, jumped a segment too-rear.jpg
My pre-worshipped Skoda Superb | Jumped from one Skoda to another Skoda, jumped a segment too-rock3.jpg
My pre-worshipped Skoda Superb | Jumped from one Skoda to another Skoda, jumped a segment too-rock4.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My pre-worshipped Skoda Superb | Jumped from one Skoda to another Skoda, jumped a segment too-rear2.jpg  

hillsnrains is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 15:11   #32
BHPian

Re: My pre-worshipped Skoda Superb | Jumped from one Skoda to another Skoda, jumped a segment too

Hello all,

It's been a while since I updated this thread, sorry for being lazy. Here are few quick updates.

1. Regular service is completed @ ODO 27K in June 2021, only addition to the regular consumables are the front brake pads/linings. I had slight brake juddering when brakes were slammed hence replacement.

2. Two months back one fine day co-driver side door handle came off not literally but handle was dangling and refused to go into closing position. Unable to open the door from outside
Visited Raja Skoda Service centre @ Whitefield, Bangalore and they opened the assembly and re-inserted the handle into the groove. Not charged a penny.

3. Couple of weeks back I drove the car for 120 KMS to a very remote location off Bangalore. Came back after 2 hours and car refused to start.
I tried couple of times without any success. It was around 8AM on a festival day, so service engineer is also not available on phone. I tried cracking again after 10 odd minutes this time I switched off all the accessories such as HU, Fan etc. Viola car stated

After the above instance, was scared to take the car for a long drive. Strangely car could start w/o any difficulty for 15+ times after the above scary incidence, once car was parked for 12 days and started in a single crank or start button press.
Today visited again Raja Skoda @ Whitefield, Bangalore to make sure everything fine with car. Diagnosis revealed that there is an error message related to low voltage, pointing to a weak battery. Yes, carrying the jump start cable always.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 6th May 2022 at 15:15. Reason: for typo
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 18:42   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Diagnosis revealed that there is an error message related to low voltage, pointing to a weak battery. Yes, carrying the jump start cable always.
Hillsnrains, glad to know you're enjoying with your elegant beast . Do post some pictures if possible?

One word of advice: don't unnecessarily delay the battery replacement. These VAG cars are known for the battery giving up abruptly every 2 years with minimal warning. Replace with an aftermarket Amaron or Exide battery and get complete peace of mind .
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 07:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hillsnrains, glad to know you're enjoying with your elegant beast . Do post some pictures if possible?

One word of advice: don't unnecessarily delay the battery replacement. These VAG cars are known for the battery giving up abruptly every 2 years with minimal warning. Replace with an aftermarket Amaron or Exide battery and get complete peace of mind .
I agree with this. I had a bad experience once. Please note that once the battery dies you will not be able to move the gear to neutral from park , to even push the car. Please familiarize yourself with the section in the manual which talks about how to move the gear to neutral if stuck in such a situation.

PS: This was the situation in the 2012 Superb, not sure if they improved this in the later models.
jinu_joseph is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks