Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2021, 10:57   #31
BHPian

Re: My pre-owned Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_car_boy View Post

What it is
It is a pre-owned 2011 A6 3.0 TDI Quattro in white colour and beige interiors.
I doff my hat to you for taking a risky plunge and pulling it off. Man, I am running short of words. So many of us at some point would have drooled at these used cars being available at the price of Honda City (no offense to City owners, it's a great car). It ultimately boils down to a few courageous ones (who are willing to roll up their sleeves & not rely on A.S.S.) to savor these opportunities.

My only advice will be to change the grill to chrome. It will turn the already beautiful car to a smashing one.
Old 6th April 2021, 17:23   #32
BHPian

I was on look out for an A7 Sport-back for the last couple of weeks , In fact a very rare find, and I could find only 1 on sale in Kerala yet, and 2 in Tamilnadu. Anyhow I am still looking, as the one I had my hands on was not worth what they ask for, considering the way she has been treated so far. Now that I have read this post, I feel more confident in getting and maintaining one, as you made it look like an easy job, though I realize that it is not, by any chance.
Great Post btw, wish you happy miles ahead.

Last edited by ArchieS : 6th April 2021 at 17:35.
ArchieS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 13:44   #33
BHPian

Got my A6 3.0TFSI serviced, yes, from an FNG in Mangalore.
It helps that he is a very methodical gentleman, does all the work HIMSELF (his partner helps whenever need arises too), with all the diagnostic tools, tackles and most importantly, the skill to diagnose, repair and rectify problems. Add to that he drives and maintains his Porsche 911 and a few other rare cars and bikes.
Got the Fuel, Cabin and Air filters changed. Got the Engine Oil filter but will be installed after the next engine oil flush while loading up fresh engine oil. Will be doing a coolant flush during that time too.
Got the fuel pump replaced. Got the Front Engine Mount replaced too. SATISFIED WITH THE WORK ON THE CAR.
bhargav2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 16:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargav2015 View Post
It helps that he is a very methodical gentleman, does all the work HIMSELF (his partner helps whenever need arises too), with all the diagnostic tools, tackles and most importantly, the skill to diagnose, repair and rectify problems. Add to that he drives and maintains his Porsche 911 and a few other rare cars and bikes.
Got the Fuel, Cabin and Air filters changed. Got the Engine Oil filter but will be installed after the next engine oil flush while loading up fresh engine oil. Will be doing a coolant flush during that time too.
Got the fuel pump replaced. Got the Front Engine Mount replaced too. SATISFIED WITH THE WORK ON THE CAR.
Would you mind sharing the final price of this service?
Old 8th April 2021, 22:07   #35
BHPian

I’m really fond of this generation of the A6. While it may not have been the most flashiest design at the time of launch, it has aged very gracefully. Looks timeless in white. Enjoy your ride
Merc_Freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 08:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Would you mind sharing the final price of this service?
The Oil, Fuel and Air filters are about ₹7,300 in total.
6.6L of Engine oil from Wurth/ Shell (Fully Synthetic) will be about ₹7,000. Coolant will be another ₹2,500.

The fuel pump needed to be replaced @ ₹32,500 (VDO - A Siemens Company). Front Engine Mount replaced: ₹2,200.
Future works: Other 2 engine mounts + CV Boot (₹4,600 - already procured).
bhargav2015 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 10:37   #37
BHPian

Well written ownership review from your side, Shubham Jindal!

Finally, someone dared to buy a 10 year old German car, which is expensive to maintain and need lots of expenditure to get the car back to stock condition! And, this thread has become useful for a wannabe buyer, who is willing to purchase a 5+ year old German car!

Also, can you please share me the price you paid for this car and at which garage did you give your car for full service?
Old 18th April 2021, 01:32   #38
BHPian

I think a lot of people who like beautiful motors, have grown up drooling over them, aspire to buy older cars (5+ years old). For them, when the time comes, when the entire set of people around want them to buy a "reasonable" car to serve family duties, a voice in their head keeps screaming "performance". Most of these people are relegated as naïve or outcast as wannabes because they bought an older, out of warranty car (German/ Italian).
IT MAKES NO SENSE. IT'S A MONEY PIT. IT'S A WHITE ELEPHANT, THEY SAY. YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND. YOU'RE BEING IRRATIONAL.
Yes, we are all of the above. Please remember, for these specific set of people, cars are an emotion. And like all matters of the heart, there's nothing rational about buying and keeping em.
Zamaana kehta hai ki tum nashe mein dhut ho. Par iss zamaane ko kaun samjhaaye ki nashe mein toh saara jahaan hai.
Koi pyaar ke, toh koi intezaar ke.
Koi naam ke, toh koi daulat aur shohrat ke.
Meri bas itni ilthja hai:
iss sharaabi ko baksh do, bas do hi ghoont ki baat hai. Uske baad ye poora zamaana unn do ghoont jaise nabād hai.
bhargav2015 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 21:48   #39
BHPian

Changed:
1. Engine Oil: 6.9 Liters - Würth VW spec (505 00 I think).
2. Coolant Flush: about 3L - Würth with 5L Distilled Water.
3. Scan and resolve trouble codes.
Checked Brake Fluids and found satisfactory.
Checked Transmission fluid and found okay.
Want to change Power steering fluid shortly.
Total damage: ₹ 10,000.
Old 28th October 2021, 15:50   #40

Hey sj, So did you buy the undercover and windshield? If not I’m interested in sharing the freight cost!
Old 2nd May 2022, 12:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargav2015 View Post
Hey Bhargav, could you please let me know which FNG in Mangalore is this? We have a Q5 in the family which is overdue on the service and the price Audi is quoting for the same is of a brand new small hatchback. TIA!

Last edited by LOL_FWD : 2nd May 2022 at 12:14.
Old 2nd May 2022, 17:03   #42
BHPian

There is Bombay Garage in Yeyyadi Industrial Area run by Mr. Anil Soans. I think your Q5 has reached its first major overhaul - water pump, timing belt kit (tensioners, alternator pulleys etc) plus regular annual service and that is why it is expensive. I hope you reached out to Mr. Anthony at Audi Mangalore. He is both quite knowledgeable and helpful. If factory warranty is not an issue, reach out to Anil because he can both source and install genuine parts. If you are confident of sourcing parts yourself, you can also give them and pay for consumables plus labour at Audi (if they let you) and Anil (for sure).
bhargav2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 06:49   #43

Few updates on the car -

1. Got the underbody allow plates installed.
2. Engine mounts and front suspension bushings replaced

Underbody plates

BHPian Anoosh and I placed the order with a vendor in China and it took about 1 month to arrive by ship. Here are a few post-installation pictures for you -
My pre-owned Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro-photo20210928175149.jpg

My pre-owned Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro-photo20210928175150.jpg

My pre-owned Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro-photo20210928175151.jpg

Here's the walkthrough video of the underbody post installation.

Overall, very happy with the protection plates. Out of factory, the car comes with flimsy plastic protection that disintegrates on its own. These plates provide much needed protection to the underside, while adding a bit of rigidity to the body. Total damage is about 40K.

Engine Mounts and Front Bushings

Over a 2 month long vacation in Europe, I ordered MEYLE engine mounts and front bushings from autodoc.de. They usually run 40% off on Mobile app every Monday.
1. MEYLE Engine Mounts - 180 Euro
2. Front Bushings - 90 Euro
3. Bushings Installation kit - 57 Euro

I also bought a VCDS cable on this trip. It cost about 24K and is restricted to 3 VINs. After replacing the engine mounts, driving in stop-and-go traffic has become a lot smoother. Barring 1 or 2, the suspension bushing didn't really need replacement. The suspension and the air springs seem to be holding well for now.

Upcoming Repairs

The car still puts a smile on my face in sport mode on an empty road. The 3 Liter V6 with the DL501 DSG gearbox and 4 wheel drive are an excellent combination to live with.

The annual service is due now. Planning to get the following done -
1. Oil, air, cabin, fuel filter change
2. Cleaning EGR, throttle body and intake manifold
3. Coolant, brake oil change
4. Cleaning DPF

I recently moved to Bangalore. I would love to hear about your trusted garages and detailing shops around Koramangala/ HSR Layout.
sj_car_boy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 18:27   #44
BHPian

Hello, can you please share the link of the underbody shields. I want to order the set for my Audi A6 2013 TDI. I have been looking for them since a very long time but couldn't find the right ones.

Quote:
Please do reply back with your questions. Happy to help out with anything.

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th June 2022 at 17:56. Reason: Trimmed quoted post. Please quote only relevant portion.
Old 3rd October 2022, 02:21   #45
BHPian

Hey buddy,

Sorry for the follow-up. It would be great if you could tell me from which vendor did you order these plates. I want to order the same set for my 2013 A6. Thanks in advance!

Quote:

BHPian Anoosh and I placed the order with a vendor in China and it took about 1 month to arrive by ship.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks