Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 16:54   #376
BHPian

Reg FE, I am driving the wagon SX4 1.6 109bhp Automatic, with 16inchers. My average is 11.7kmpl (mixed with all time air con on). The driving style is always more than 80kmph and upto 120kmph for the last a week or so.

Previously, when I was driving in a bit of aggressive style and lots of racing in hiways upto 170kmph, it was around 10.7kmpl.

fyi, still less than 10k mileage and using 15-40 Castrol m-oil.

I believe the 102ps indian sx4 will surely get atleast this if not less as it should have de-tuned to give more mileage.

I will update in a week as I switched to semi-synth Castrol Magnatec today.
Old 29th May 2007, 17:16   #377
BANNED

drove the zxi one over the weekend, since i had one hour before a movie started. just went in for kicks and the first thing u notice are the huge tyres. looking good then got into the car and see steering wheel controls, very nice. only thing missing was damn sunroof. took it for a spin and it handles nice though tyres were bad. hand brake turns are a breeze and brakes are damn good i must say. going around corners at higher speeds was a joy, engine cut off at 6000 rpm i dunno why. 1 gear i think it went upto 55 or 60 and second it would pull nothing above 100. drove it at about 130 max. was good and stable. at 8 laks there is nothing in the world comin close kicking the car sales nowhere but on top. very nice. just take the car and get to a near tyre dealer. rest all is taken care of by maruti.
Old 29th May 2007, 18:39   #378
BHPian

sx4

thanks geeksrik n sori for the smilies i didnt know. Cant be the low end torque as it has loads of it at low revs and also it performs well when the accelerator is not floored hard even at very low revs. any ways will give her the stick after the first service will see then.
Old 30th May 2007, 17:24   #379
Senior - BHPian

Well here is my short review, Since most have covered the rest.
  • The Car has torque and the pull is linear, floor the pedal and there is no lag, the engine is by no means underpowered.
  • Handling is very good but with lower GC it will handle better.
  • Brakes are fantastic, stops in its tracks inspite of crappy tyres(JK's) and lack of rear discs.
  • AC is nothing to talk about, it was at full and i was melting at 37 Degree as shown by the Thermometer in the car next to the clock.
  • Lack of digital AC is appaling.
  • Ride is good and it takes rough road with aplomb.
Verdict - I definately give this car a thumbs up Will be better off with a diesel but the car is definately the pick of the segment from me.
Old 30th May 2007, 17:31   #380
Team-BHP Support

the 37 would have been the outside temp.
Old 30th May 2007, 17:36   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the 37 would have been the outside temp.
Yes 37 was the outside temp and the AC wasnot able to help the inside much was what i wanted to say
Old 30th May 2007, 17:46   #382
HSV
BHPian

I thought this climate cntrol AC shouldve been successful since its an automatic AC. If it cant cool effectively at 37 deg in Mumbai, wonder what'll happen at 45 deg in Delhi? Gawd!
Old 30th May 2007, 18:43   #383
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
  • AC is nothing to talk about, it was at full and i was melting at 37 Degree as shown by the Thermometer in the car next to the clock.
  • Lack of digital AC is appaling.

Was the car parked in the sun? Did you set the AC correctly?

Also why do you need a digital AC. the knob is there with the temperature on it. It is electronically controlled. IIRC there were mercs with no display on the climate control.
Old 30th May 2007, 20:29   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was the car parked in the sun? Did you set the AC correctly?
Yes, it was parket in the sun and yes i had set it correctly. When i was sittng behind i was melting, it was better in the front though. No rear AC vents on this one like the City.

Quote:
Also why do you need a digital AC
My Optra has one, i need a digital AC because i normally set the temperature to 22degrees and with a display isint it so much easier?
Old 30th May 2007, 20:34   #385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
No rear AC vents on this one like the City.

My Optra has one, i need a digital AC because i normally set the temperature to 22degrees and with a display isint it so much easier?

No not really how's it easier? you either read the temp on the display or from the knob you set it to. The functionality is the same.

And the rear AC vents are of no use. they are only when you redirect the airflow to the feet. If you do that the rear vents below the front seats turn on but the one on the front dash is off. I have it on the lancer and it's never set on that mode as it reduces the ac on the dash.

Frankly speaking, I prefer the manual AC knobs. In the manual you can actually fine tune by putting the knob in the middle of 2 positions so for e.g. you can get more air on the dash and less on the feet or glass.
Old 30th May 2007, 20:46   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivc666 View Post
power window ,lock /unlock keys and headlight focus switch not illuminated.
This is strange, this feature should be standard in all cars with PS (I believe)
Old 30th May 2007, 21:24   #387
Senior - BHPian

Vid, when you have a display you dont have to look closely and can avoid looking at the knob and turn it and look at the display since the temperature is bigger written over them, i find the Climate Control on the Swift better then the SX4
Old 30th May 2007, 21:54   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
key not removed alarm is extremely irritating as you cant listen to the stereo with the doors open. Plan to have it removed.
Would removing this alarm also affect the system's ability to detect whether the key is present or not because if it does so then there may be a problem for airbag deployment.
Old 30th May 2007, 22:10   #389
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Has anyone seen any advertisement of SX-4 on TV?? I haven't.....
Old 30th May 2007, 23:34   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
OT:
Has anyone seen any advertisement of SX-4 on TV?? I haven't.....
Nope. I guess they won't advertise until they can meet demands within a short timeframe. There are huge waiting periods now, and ads won't help the cause anyway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks