Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2007, 21:36   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Don't underestimate Honda, they are the 2nd largest Car maker in Japan after Toyota and have some excellent Cars in their stable.

Am just awaiting their response to SX4!
Their response will be to offer more value in the form of ABS Airbags and flip seats for nominal price. Thats my guess.
Old 11th May 2007, 21:40   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Their response will be to offer more value in the form of ABS Airbags and flip seats for nominal price. Thats my guess.
That makes the features list between NHC & SX4 even. Then, can Honda still command premium price over Maruti?
Old 11th May 2007, 21:52   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
225 section tyres and the car might handle beautifully but it won't be going anywhere in a hurry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
If you look closely at the wheel arches they are so huge that even the 16'' feel like 14'' .. Surely the car needs an upsize .. Also drop the GC to 160mm ..
Just dont go by the wheel arches.....

225 is just too much..I feel 205section tyres n 16" rims is more than sufficient for a 1.6L engine with 100 horses.....n if the car needs better handling its the GC n COG that has to be altered more than the set of tyres....

Quote:
To be honest, the NHC is still better. But it's not 1 lakh better, if you know what I'm saying.
Perfectly put up..!!

Last edited by kpzen : 11th May 2007 at 21:53.
Old 11th May 2007, 22:33   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
That makes the features list between NHC & SX4 even. Then, can Honda still command premium price over Maruti?
Yep !! NHC ZX GXi with ABS @ 7.4 L over SX4 ZXi @ 6.9 L (ex-showroom Delhi) - won't mind paying a premium. Obviously a very subjective call ..... to each his own

Last edited by unknown_entity : 11th May 2007 at 22:50.
Old 12th May 2007, 13:02   #230
BHPian

Hi bhpians,

here is the first official first drive done by BS guys, according to them SX4 is faster than CITY GX & faster to VTec in 100-140 range. They felt ride quality is closer to Fiesta but fiesta is better. Here is a detail report

SX4 the City
Old 12th May 2007, 13:48   #231
Senior - BHPian

OK got to see the car and sit in it yesterday. Here are some observations:

1. Stock Rubber (tyres) on the car suck.
2. The interiors are better than Swift... The touch of biege is good on the door panels but some parts are heavily borrowed.
3. The car looks great from the front but the rear looks quite raised.
4. Finally the worst part, the car looks very congested. Leg room can tbe compared with Honda City, the fifth person cant sit in the car due to raised middle seat for arm rest at the back, and overall it just looks tooo congested. Specially at the back.

Maybe this is caz the car was in the showroom, would go for a drive today an dcheck it out...
Old 12th May 2007, 14:17   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Buddy, I meant their range of Cars in International market!
In India, they just have a handful - NHC, Accord, Civic & CRV.
Ok, buddy. Can you name a car in their international range that is equal to the NHC or SX4?
Old 12th May 2007, 16:02   #233

also the competent salesman told me the new NHC is on its way in three months and he seemed quite sure of this information
Old 12th May 2007, 16:12   #234
BHPian

sx4 test driven n very happy that i have a Baleno

Ok here it goes

went to bimal autos to test drive the SX4, had to wait fr 20minutes then finally got the car to drive

Sat inside.. it was good to sit very spacious well crafted dash..overall a feel good factor after u get in,
pressed the accelerator and man what a smooth engine but the sound made me feel..this car is gonna fly dude.
now cant wait to get it on to the main road, finally reached the ring road.. it was inviting me to push the car and then..
started pressing the accelerator and man.........what a disappointment...where r those 102 horse powers comeon.. come..on..
its not pushing the way a 100 bhp 140odd nm of torque could do...nit happy . ride was bumpy ,though breaking is excellent,
finally reached to the conclusion that the car is not fr drivers ,one could sit in anjoy the quality of car, but if u want to enjoy driving it
it wont give u the pleasure..it lacks the sporty feel of a baleno.
Iam glad that they dint name it SX4baleno, baleno is much quicker smoother than our sx4.
i feel happy that i have bought Baleno n made a good decision, actually i was waiting fr SX4 then (in feb)
Ok this is my opinion based on my test drive.. guys, iam not against sx4 or anything like that.

Karan
Old 12th May 2007, 17:40   #235
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karun malik View Post
also the competent salesman told me the new NHC is on its way in three months and he seemed quite sure of this information
guys, throw some info on this. Will it be a new engine or a exterior plastic surgery ?
Old 12th May 2007, 18:25   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
And minor cosmetic change on the exterior , coming in diwali
Old 12th May 2007, 18:33   #237
Senior - BHPian

Ok, I drove the SX4 finally today and I was dissapointed. Unless for financial reasons, I would be hardpressed if this indeed ends up being my next car... which it very well might still be caz of finances.
Any ways here it goes. As I had shared before, this car is not as roomy as City. The rear can only be compared to likes of Fiesta and Verna. Horrible middle seat for the rear passenger, essentially limits the number of ppl you can comfortably sit in the car to 4. The car comes loaded with features but that doesnt help the fact that its at places built to cost, like rear drums, rear suspension etc.
I drove the car for good 20 km, and the car has decent torque for the city. The clutch is very light, in same league as City. Gear shift is decent. But boy is there engine noise... even at 4k RPM the engine noise is quite intrusive. Braking is excellent, rear suspension is hard. Overall it was like driving a slightly more powerful but noisier Swift for me. Thats how it felt. I dont care how it looked from the outside, but from inside that was my feeling...
Or maybe, since I drove the Corolla, I am finding that other cars are hard to match up to it...
Old 12th May 2007, 19:21   #238
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Spider77 you are driving a brand new engined car .. Let it run-in for a few 1000kms before you can test performance figures .. The engine is tight .. Infact on the TD car , performance drops at 5500 where its supposed to have peak power ..
Old 12th May 2007, 19:47   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Spider77 you are driving a brand new engined car .. Let it run-in for a few 1000kms before you can test performance figures .. The engine is tight .. Infact on the TD car , performance drops at 5500 where its supposed to have peak power ..
So you saying i shouldn't take a test drive till the TD car has done more than 1000km, as it will only show its true colors after that,
Well, the car i drove lacked power in all the bands, so didnt feel any performance drops at 5500rpm as it was sluggish throughout,

The car felt very nervous at high speeds,

IMO Baleno is anyday better than this car, though it just having 91bhp and 130nm of torque.

Karan.
Old 12th May 2007, 20:12   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMO Baleno is anyday better than this car, though it just having 91bhp and 130nm of torque
Driving is not all about 0 - 100 times, if it were so Honda would never have discoutinued the good Old Vtec.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks