Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2007, 12:55   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
SX4 ZXi compared to NHC GXi and VTEC is VFM.
Mumbai ex-show prices:

ZXi(Leather) 7.60L,
ZXi(Normal) 7.25L
NHC(GXi ) 7.65L
NHC(VTEC) 8.42L

ZXi has Climate Control+ABS+Twin airbags+Pretentioner seat belt+In dash 6 CD Changer+ 6speakers+Glass antena+Longer wheelbase+ Larger dimensions+Maruti service.
I think City GXi is better compared with SX4 VXi, since the euipment level is similar (although SX4 has way more powerful engine).
So who is going to buy the City GXi now?
Old 9th May 2007, 13:11   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Contradicting views about the ride over bad patches. Which one is true ?
Sorry about that - the ride does soak up all the bad patches, but the noise of the tires/suspension, especially at high speeds, does intrude into the cabin. As rx135 said, the suspension is doing its job, albeit with a little noise.

Quote:
Is this engine noise, or just wind noise? The Swift also starts bawling after 90km/h, it's an issue in most tall cars.
My impression was engine noise - definitely at higher rpm, and tire noise over bad patches - I could be wrong. I touched 100 only for a few seconds, and was mostly below 80.

Quote:
excellent review goldie. guess the NVH did really bother you. other than that i dont see anything dangerous enough to worry about like maybe rattles and the like!
Thanks, geek. NVH bothered me coz I am particular about it, and was comparing it to Optra (best in class), and the NHC (second best).

No rattles on this abused test piece so far - it had gone 800 kms in two days already. The initial impression does seem like "build like a tank". Perhaps we may need to wait for a few months to see more.

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 9th May 2007 at 13:12.
Old 9th May 2007, 13:13   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I think City GXi is better compared with SX4 VXi, since the euipment level is similar (although SX4 has way more powerful engine).
GXi is CVT, Isnt it? Cant really compare the two. Not many in India prefer CVT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
Sorry about that - the ride does soak up all the bad patches, but the noise of the tires/suspension, especially at high speeds, does intrude into the cabin. As rx135 said, the suspension is doing its job, albeit with a little noise.

My impression was engine noise - definitely at higher rpm, and tire noise over bad patches - I could be wrong. I touched 100 only for a few seconds, and was mostly below 80.
Every Maruti needs a good music system.. to drown out all the suspension and engine noise

Last edited by spadival : 9th May 2007 at 13:16.
Old 9th May 2007, 13:15   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm - unless the SX4 proves to be frugal on the FE front, a lot of people looking for sedan class space and comfort and hatch running costs may still go for the NHC.
Old 9th May 2007, 13:16   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are two models in GXI.

1. GXI
2. GXI CVT

GXI comes in manual
Old 9th May 2007, 13:17   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
As far as i know, GXi is a iDSI manual gear variant, with equipment level being same as the CVT.
Old 9th May 2007, 13:48   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
I totally agree with you, if anything MUL is used to selling car two generations old. Hondas City was the first car in the segment to take a direction in the right step which has destroyed the Accent, Baleno(never was competing with the City), AVEO, Verna(P) and Fiesta(P)
OK, so the NHC has been around for 3 or more years now and even 2 versions later, feature list looks drab compared to the new-gen SX4. If that does not make it an old-gen car, I am not sure what does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Till now no car has been able to upbeat the City (be it Verna, Aveo, Fiesta, Indigo XL) so it definately cant be called a generation behind, please.
Sales figures do not decide whether a car is current gen or not. If so, the M800 that still sells truckloads should be the latest gen car of the lot.

The Hindu has the whole last page for the SX4 advt. Does look good, though remains to be seen how it looks in the flesh.

I see two concerns with the SX4, which could make an impact on it. Looks & actual FE. Looks is OK with that segment because all the cars are quite drab, tall boys. And for FE, we will have to wait for actual user figures, which will not be long bcos we already have quite a few tbhp-ians ready to take her (oops, him - sounds yucky though ) home. While the engine is newer, more powerful than the previous car's, the kerb weight has gone up by around 20%. While I think it should still easily return 10-11kmpl with AC, given that comparable cars like Corolla do, I would wait for user-reported figures and not speculate.
Old 9th May 2007, 13:54   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
Hmm - unless the SX4 proves to be frugal on the FE front, a lot of people looking for sedan class space and comfort and hatch running costs may still go for the NHC.
I dont believe the SX4 could blow away the NHC sales totally, yes a part of it, but a honda is a honda & it will continue to have its market share, maybe with a few more improvements.
Old 9th May 2007, 14:02   #114
Team-BHP Support

features and number of sales do not determine whether the car is new gen or not.

It is the innovation used in the car. the NHC breaks from the old designs to offer something different. The IDSi engine is a breakthrough, the positioning of the fuel tank below the front seats is a breakthrough.

Anyone can put ABS, airbags, EBD, climate control on any old car, that doesnt make it new gen.

Incase of the SX4 the only new gen I see is the M16 engine. If they had plonked the baleno engine even with all these features it would be an old gen car like the swift.
Old 9th May 2007, 14:02   #115
Senior - BHPian

NHC GXi FE=x km/l
SX4 VXi FE=x-3 km/l

Total running per month=y km
price of fuel per litre=Rs. z per litre

Total Fuel consumed by NHC GXi in one month= y/x
Total Fuel consumed by SX4 VXi in one month= y/(x-3)

Total yeary running cost of NHC=12zy/x.
Total yearly running cost of SX4=12zy/(x-3).

Now let us take some figures. Let,
Typical monthly running y= 1000 kms
NHC FE x= 13kmpl
SX4 FE (x-3)=10kmpl
and Z=Rs. 50 /l

Difference between the yearly running costs of SX4 and NHC=36zy/(x*x-3x)
=36*50*1000/130=Rs. 13,846

Now cost differential between SX4 VXi and NHC GXi = Rs. 1,20,000 (approx)

Number of years to break even= 120000/13846=8.66 years.

So if you buy the NHC GXi and pay 1.2 lac more than SX4, it will take approximately 8.66 years to break even with the SX4 !
Old 9th May 2007, 14:10   #116
BHPian

Yesterday a Honda India official (forgotten the name) when asked about SX4 release and whether NHC sales will be affected, said that Honda sales will not be affected because of NHC's "Reliability" and "Brand Image"
Old 9th May 2007, 14:32   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So if you buy the NHC GXi and pay 1.2 lac more than SX4, it will take approximately 8.66 years to break even with the SX4 !

By which time, both will have the same resale value of around 1-1.2 Lakhs.
Old 9th May 2007, 14:41   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
features and number of sales do not determine whether the car is new gen or not.

It is the innovation used in the car. the NHC breaks from the old designs to offer something different. The IDSi engine is a breakthrough, the positioning of the fuel tank below the front seats is a breakthrough.

Anyone can put ABS, airbags, EBD, climate control on any old car, that doesnt make it new gen.

Incase of the SX4 the only new gen I see is the M16 engine. If they had plonked the baleno engine even with all these features it would be an old gen car like the swift.
Fully agree with you..if additional features maketh a new gen car then why have a totally new designed car..plonk more features (say in an amby) & call it newgen..& go around bashing brands who atleast breaks away from the herd mentality & comes out with innovative products..& not feature rich products.
Old 9th May 2007, 14:51   #119
BHPian

Hi guys,

SX4 seems good in most respects except AC & NVH. I think the air flow to the rear seat is not adequate, had the blower at full speed and AC at 20, but the rear didn't feel comfortable, on the other hand with AVEO & Optra, the AC chills instantly.

The rear leg room in SX4 seems comparable to AVEO, Optra definitely offers more...

yes, Optra lacks in ABS, EBD, Airbag etc. so SX4 is more VFM but the AC doesn't seem adequate for hot Delhi summer.

Any members from North India/Delhi, give your views on it pls.
Old 9th May 2007, 14:53   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post

You gotta be kidding. . Calling NHC a "breakthrough" in automotive engineering, is a stretch !! What about the silly LED they have on the civic? Is that a breakthrough too?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks