Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2007, 22:46   #76
BHPian

Hi Sathya_nars,

Thanks for the TD report. Turning radius in city like Bangalore (where old city area roads are so narrow) is an important factor. Unfortunately SX4 has 5.3 m while NHC is 4.9 m (lowest in C Segment I think). Even I like high seating tallboy model cars.
Old 8th May 2007, 22:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

So far nobody has made a comment on rear seat comfort and legroom. Lets hear it and see if all that weight equates to more legroom.
Old 8th May 2007, 23:07   #78
BHPian

went to the maruti showroom today no car was available for the test drive ,anyway my cousin and aunt were along with me they are looking out for a car overall the car looks good plactics used not upto the mark aunt and cousin tried out the rear seat quite comfy for two people but the 3rd person in the middle is gonna suffer due to the increased padding done for the arm rest the position is too upright,so asked the sales guy about this he said done on purpose so that there is enough shoulder room for three person

Last edited by yogi1771 : 8th May 2007 at 23:16.
Old 8th May 2007, 23:18   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
So far nobody has made a comment on rear seat comfort and legroom. Lets hear it and see if all that weight equates to more legroom.
Didn't I? I remember saying something about the legroom in one of the two threads.
Old 8th May 2007, 23:26   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
So, 15 and 17 kmpl is fine for you and McLaren, but for others, FE figures will be somewhere between 11-13.
Off topic.. but I need to set the record straight...erm.. even I get 15+ on my Baleno in city driving. The worst figure is 14.5 so far, no matter how hard I push it.
Old 9th May 2007, 00:19   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
lol why u sorrying you are entitled to your opinion and very refreshing one at that, and it just made me go get a test drive... soon

even without driving the car and going by only feel, looks and price i say this car is better than honda city, very bluntly put city overall feels a generation behind ... there i said it.
Sir,

If you could have qualified your statement atleast after a test drive, it would have been appropriate..Bashing a proven car like NHC,currently the class leading competitor, even without a test drive of SX4 or even when the car's out on the road is bit rich & quite presumptious IMHO..City is definitely not a generation behind..
Old 9th May 2007, 00:40   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Off topic.. but I need to set the record straight...erm.. even I get 15+ on my Baleno in city driving. The worst figure is 14.5 so far, no matter how hard I push it.
Damn! Which part of world do you live in, guys? In Pune, even Santros and Wagon-Rs don't fare better than 14. I should seriously consider getting out of Pune.
Old 9th May 2007, 02:02   #83
BHPian

For all those mourning the end of low slung cars, just save up a bit and buy a Civic. You'll still have to deal with huge blind-spots caused by massive A-pillars though.
Old 9th May 2007, 03:10   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal1983 View Post
Has anyone noticed that throughout all its ad campaigns MARUTI themselves have not placed a number of FE ?

I think thats a hint in itself that its FE is nothing to boast about.

and my 9-10 guess was with ac though.
I agree with you. I also get the feeling that the whole "SX4 for Men" tagline is essentially to provide a degree of comfort to Maruti loyalists. They may not get great FE, but they'll feel like real men (insert Tarzan yell here)
Old 9th May 2007, 03:41   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post

AFAIK, the Palio 1.6 has the ECU inside the cabin. The 1.2, however, I'm certain has the ECU in the engine bay, proudly saying Magneti Marelli.
Galat jawab .Even the 1.6 has the ECU in the engine bay and not inside the cabin.Infact, I think its only because of the Fiat connection that the SX4 has the ECU in the engine compartment.

On the SX4, well the SX4 is creating much more hype than the recently launched cheap car-Logan,which was supposed to be selling by the truck loads.The interior on the Vxi,especially the centre console is so similar to that on the Swift.The one on the Sx4 Zxi is classy though.I too hope this car gives NHC a run for its money.If the new upcoming Honda City is based on the New Jazz with those Crv-type head lamps,it would make a very ugly sedan.Even the hatch version isn't particularly spectacular from the front end.
Old 9th May 2007, 09:23   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
I just did TD this evening.

-

I, in fact, booked it yesterday itself before TD, that too before it was launched - damn confident on MUL and reviews by BHPians!!

Now, most important thing that sucks me is: dealer (Pratham, marathahalli ring road, BLR) says that it may take 3 months to deliver (grey, i opted for) ........

I can't wait for 3 months, damn!
sathya if you have a lac more of money, book at bimal or rns, and take back ur booking from the other guy. i dont see more than 2 wks of delivery time with any dealer for this car. in the next 2 wks, i m gonna have mine delivered. waiting for my td today since i couldnt get it yesterday went late.
Old 9th May 2007, 09:39   #87
Senior - BHPian

With a speed achieved of 160 (is that kms or miles or metres per hour) on Delhi roads, I pray to God for your safety, and more than that for the life of people who may come in your path in the future.
Old 9th May 2007, 09:40   #88
BHPian

Had an opportunity to look at SX4, Zxi at Bimal showroom, Indiranagar last night.
Excellent car, good finish and masculine look with the beefy bumbers.I do`nt want to get too much about the car beacuse everyone would have read the well written posts by the seniors. One suggestion perhaps , the plastics especially the grey part on the dash and doors can be improved...looks more like the ones used in Swifts...
The back seat is comfortable, good leg room (not to the extend of a Corolla). However I prefer the back seat of OMB. In OMB the rear seat has a slight inclination inside which gives excellent support to the back.
Old 9th May 2007, 10:43   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperoni View Post
I agree with you. I also get the feeling that the whole "SX4 for Men" tagline is essentially to provide a degree of comfort to Maruti loyalists. They may not get great FE, but they'll feel like real men (insert Tarzan yell here)
True..thats such a cheezy line....
Instead of using pickup lines... we can now buy an SX4 and pick them up
Old 9th May 2007, 10:45   #90
Team-BHP Support

OT: i wish i could do this over PM but one last point i need to make. mods please moderate if required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
Sir,

If you could have qualified your statement atleast after a test drive, it would have been appropriate..Bashing a proven car like NHC,currently the class leading competitor, even without a test drive of SX4 or even when the car's out on the road is bit rich & quite presumptious IMHO..City is definitely not a generation behind..
yes sir i didnt drive the SX4!! (coz the car was not having RTO clearance at the place where i saw it), but i did walk around the car, sat in the car, jumped inside the car, opened the doors, shut the doors and quite a few other things also which i cannot post here.

my experience driving a honda city 1.5 L new model, is whenever i visit my hometown (friends car which is at my disposal, and i personally have covered some 500 kms till date over 2 years lol).

This car does tons of kms (2 yr car done 70k kms), its pristinely maintained with a decent set of tyre alloy upgrade (2nd set) and i have driven at various odo readings starting from 500 kms to last visit when it had done 70k kms.

But compared to the above I for one felt that the INITIAL IMPRESSION of SX4 was much better. The thuds, the quality feel of switch gears, the way the car welcomes one into its lap etc.

Am not a qualified auto person but a pure layman who loves driving and cars and i have definite preference to solid build compared to fragile and tacky feel which honda always had. My personal way to refer to the city is "gal car" which is very easy to live with but no involvement what so ever.

Damn i just had a oral debate at the car park over the same with a honda city owner lol, but he drives first model and trust me that car is a dream compared to the new city.

Yes i would personally put my money on SX4 compared to City and only place where city would score will be for its FE in my books.

I rest my case now and back to SX4 please, if anyone has any comments/abuse etc feel free to PM me

cheers
Jaggu

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th May 2007 at 10:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks