Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2007, 01:19   #181
Senior - BHPian

ZXI is top end only naa. We left out the leather, because this is India, and leather adds weight. For 35k, head job, exhaust, intake, the works.
Old 10th May 2007, 01:24   #182
BHPian

Hi, Nice review there, but would like to differ in the braking part, I found the brakes to be super efficient in my test drive.
Also could find some lack in response pulling it from 3rd at lower speed/revvs.
Just my observation.
After about 5000 revvs it sounded harsh, but as you mention it may get better after the run in period.
Old 10th May 2007, 01:31   #183
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to mention, the car seems to have a hydraulic clutch, which is very soft on pedal feel. I didn't much like it. Prefer cable clutches, to know the exact release point, as they aren't all that linear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
Hi, Nice review there, but would like to differ in the braking part, I found the brakes to be super efficient in my test drive.
Thank you! But see, I've said the same thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Braking: Brakes are big and do their job efficiently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
Also could find some lack in response pulling it from 3rd at lower speed/revvs.
Just my observation.
After about 5000 revvs it sounded harsh, but as you mention it may get better after the run in period.
Well in 5th it did ok, with a whole load of peeps inside. Yes, it doesn't have diesel-like torque, which the Baleno came close to (for a petrol anyway), but it does pull without any issues.

I hope FE goes the Maruti way. I can see Honda India gearing up for a long battle.

Last edited by v1p3r : 10th May 2007 at 01:46.
Old 10th May 2007, 01:48   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Overall: This car is incredible. If the FE can get to the 11 kmpl mark, I don't see the petrol Fiesta and Verna, and even the NHC, left with any real reason to exist.
Now this...instills confidence, especially coming from the gurus!

Am Tempted to put my money on this one.....Thanks Fiat for keeping me waiting on the 1.6 ... The Fiat (1.6) is dead, long live Fiat (Sedici??)
Old 10th May 2007, 02:13   #185
Senior - BHPian

Another note: AC is very impressive. Cooled front and back well, at 2 pm in the afternoon on highway-like roads.
Old 10th May 2007, 02:39   #186
HSV
BHPian

Pictures would be great please...
Old 10th May 2007, 02:43   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

The SX4 has turned up better than i expected. . .with that price tag and those features it definatly is true VFM.

Can someone comment on the interior space and comfort when pitched against the NHC?

I wonder how Honda is gonna tackle this seriousss contender, let the games begin...!

Last edited by Sahil : 10th May 2007 at 02:46.
Old 10th May 2007, 08:02   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Terrific write up geek, when are you going to book it & how long does it take to deliver, i am sure you would have spoken about that to the sales guys.
some cars can get delivered even in 3 days if loan formalities are over, others about a week max. no wait times as mul has despatched enough cars in the first two rounds!
Old 10th May 2007, 09:58   #189
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@Vip3r : Superb writeup man! I was looking forward to one enthusiast review and here it is. Your comments put at rest the previous doubts on the handling front.

EDIT : Just saw Geeksriks report : Awesome and very comprehensive! I guess we know all we need to for the initial testreports now. Time for an actual ownership experience (500 - 1000 kms report).

Last edited by GTO : 10th May 2007 at 10:25.
Old 10th May 2007, 10:30   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Time for an actual ownership experience (500 - 1000 kms report).
That too is not far away. The way Memo45 is driving his SX4, We could expect that in next 2 days..( Memo drove more than 100kms yesterday itself after getting the car in the evening).
Old 10th May 2007, 11:03   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
some cars can get delivered even in 3 days if loan formalities are over, others about a week max. no wait times as mul has despatched enough cars in the first two rounds!
In the other thread I read its atleast 2 months. Are you sure about this?

@v1p3r, How is the plastic quality on the dashboard. In one of the pics, it does look kind of cheapo (i maybe wrong though). And how is the overall Interior feel compared to the "premium" NHC?
Old 10th May 2007, 11:14   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

@v1p3r, How is the plastic quality on the dashboard. In one of the pics, it does look kind of cheapo (i maybe wrong though). And how is the overall Interior feel compared to the "premium" NHC?
I'll answer this on v1p3r's behalf. The interior quality is top-notch. There's nothing about the car that can be termed inferior. The only aspect that people might not like is the shape of the front doors from the inside when opened - they look like the old Matador's door shape.

Last edited by theMAG : 10th May 2007 at 11:15.
Old 10th May 2007, 11:15   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@Vip3r : Superb writeup man! I was looking forward to one enthusiast review and here it is. Your comments put at rest the previous doubts on the handling front.

EDIT : Just saw Geeksriks report : Awesome and very comprehensive! I guess we know all we need to for the initial testreports now. Time for an actual ownership experience (500 - 1000 kms report).
Yepp.. after the handling question being put to rest, its time for the "milage kya hei" question to be answered.

Any bets on the milage? I would reckon that it will give around 12ish.
Old 10th May 2007, 12:11   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Thats great man. So have you booked already ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Time for an actual ownership experience (500 - 1000 kms report).

Probably tomorrow ? if i know the bangy boys, memo would be at it already.
Old 10th May 2007, 12:20   #195
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
carbibles is not the alpha & the omega for tyres, just a tyre enthu guy giving his 2 bits as he claims right at the start. please use your own brains & experience. The stats shown are just an indication, leaning more towards american cars if you read through the entire site. And why do you doubt that maruti has not calibrated the speedo differently for the zxi ?
You are right that carbibles may not be the bible for Maruti/Suzuki. But the general principles for upsizing tyres are well accepted. So my question still stands. I am sure there will be *plenty* of buyers who will go for Vxi with Zxi alloys (it makes sense to go for company-supplied alloys). Should they go for 205/60 tyres or 205/55? My own experience in this area is zip, so I couldn't say whether it is advisable to go for 55 profile tyres on the kind of bad roads that would exist, for example, in Pune/Mumbai in the monsoon season. But from purely technical considerations, I am willing to bet that the 205/55 tyres will give better handling on good roads.

It would be that much more costly and cumbersome for Maruti to order separate speedos for the Zxi, hence my doubt. I thought that they might simply ignore the 3% error as within bounds, but I could be wrong. Anyway this issue can easily be clarified from Maruti and we will know soon enough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks