Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2007, 16:49   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
on lighter thoughts, i wonder how many hundreds of threads have seen the bashing of the OMB when compared to the NHC. looks like maruti has atleast managed to turn a few tables around.
You have no clue - OHC vs Lancer vs Baleno has always been a hot favorite here - then there was Fiesta and NHC, with Aveo, Verna jumping in, now SX4.
Mid-size segment never had it so good, only thing missing are the Linea and the Vios.
Old 9th May 2007, 17:04   #137
Senior - BHPian

Ok, I havent test driven the SX4 yet. But I have googled a lot on Sx4 and Fiat Sedica and read about their Test Drives and Road Tests done on the 107 bhp version of the M series engine we have in India. That engine has VVT which we miss in India.
As per those test drives, the diesel variant that has 140 bhp Multi Jet Diesel for Fiat is miles ahead of the petrol cousin. The petrol is considered to be not as responsive (compared to cars like Corolla, not NHC). In addition the NVH levels of petrol engine basically suck, and the car makes a lot of noise at high RPMs which can be heard irritably inside the car. Lastly the interiors are uninvolving.
The equipment levels and pricing however make this car still a very strong contender in its class in India.

Last edited by aseem : 9th May 2007 at 17:14.
Old 9th May 2007, 17:08   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
What exactly are you trying to say, buddy ? You say that both NHC & SX4 have state of the art engines, but still only the NHC is new-gen because it happens to have the fuel tank under the seat.
A LED display on the Civic makes it new-gen (some say its a distraction and safety hazard), while providing latest safety features, ICE controls on steering, bigger wheels on the SX4 do not count.
SB - you are getting confused between features and technology. Any car can slap on features like climate-control, bigger tyres, leather seats, ICE, perhaps even add digital meters/displays etc. even an M800 - it does not make it new generation - fully loaded, maybe.

What NHC pioneered in its segment around 4 years back was
- Cab forward stance - which liberated loads n loads of interior and boot space - it still rules the roost. Now, every mid-sizer looks stubby.
- iDSI engine - for better FE (bit controversial, but it works).
- Superb NVH - till then only available in higher segment cars like Optra.
- Floor mounted fuel-tank - this actually clears a lot of space in the rear where the fuel tank is usually kept, resulting in more boot space and more rear legroom.
- Beige interiors - now everyone is copying it.

Agreed that its been 4 years since then, perhaps its time again, for Honda to bring in some new innovations - and I for one would be thankful if SX4 can give some heat to Honda to come out with a better car than NHC.
Old 9th May 2007, 17:23   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps View Post
Hey Guys,I think this thread is heading from "Test Drive report" to "SX4 vs NHC" , pls be sensible enough of what is this topic for and what are we discussing. If anyone wants to compare NHC and SX4, pls start a new thread. If there are pics or your first hands on experience of driving SX4, share your experiences, else

Also sorry for this off topic message.

Cheers,
Raps
Come on guys. Have a heart. Start a new thread like our man Raps recommends - do your OHC/NHC/OMB compares there.
Permit us, Please, to have TD reports of the SX4.
Old 9th May 2007, 17:39   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
hmmm.. So comparatively better (hearsay) interiors, and a price differential of 1.2Lacs, make NHC a "premium car". I see.

Anyways, only time will tell the fate of NHC. I dont think Honda will sit quiet. At the same time, they have very little options. Unless they are willing to take some drastic decisions.
Sorry to go Offtopic guys, but i need to know something here

@dceite, i hope you understand the words that i type. i just made a straight comparison between the 2, i never said one is better than the other. What do you mean by hearsay or did you mean see say ????
Old 9th May 2007, 18:11   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
...waiting for my td today since i couldnt get it yesterday went late.
Waiting for your TD report as you are a prospective buyer..
Old 9th May 2007, 18:14   #142
Senior - BHPian

Well since you asked for it, here goes:

Hearsay = Unverified information heard or received from another
Source: hearsay - definition of hearsay by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Now since you haven't experienced the interiors yourself, and coming to conclusion only on the basis of what you heard people say (that interiors are not as good as NHC)

About what car is better, i never said anything about it, i just replied to some other post (the one before yours) regarding why NHC should be/not be termed a "premium car".

As simple as that. Wonder why you got so worked up.

Last edited by DCEite : 9th May 2007 at 18:22.
Old 9th May 2007, 18:17   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus
Honda almost never reduce prices giving in to competetion
Don't bet on it, buddy. They have done that when there was no competition worth talking about 2 years ago - offered me 40K off. Though their timing was wrong because I had already bought another car by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
SB - you are getting confused between features and technology.
No, goldie. If you read my last post, I am not confused. I compared the cars engine-wise and feature-wise separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
What NHC pioneered in its segment around 4 years back was
- iDSI engine - for better FE (bit controversial, but it works).
- Beige interiors - now everyone is copying it.
While I appreciate the NHC engine, I am not really sure whether it is really what it is made out to be. From figures quoted on the forum, it returns some 13kmpl in city with ac on, while the competition was at 12kmpl - not really a big deal if you ask me. Especially given that the competition churned out 15bhp more.

Anyway, comparing the normal NHC (76bhp) to SX4 (102bhp) is not the right thing - the VTEC should be compared to SX4, given the power generated by it. And once we do FE comparison w.r.t to the Vtec, I am sure the SX4 will be right there.

BTW, hope you are not implying that beige interiors are a technology breakthrough.

Anyway, let's leave this thread for the SX4 guys.
We can discuss this on another thread for SX4 vs NHC.
Old 9th May 2007, 18:29   #144
Senior - BHPian

The front quarter glasses are certainly not that bad in person,though it looks a bit weird in pics.

Also the maruti showrooms are overflowing with people[though they have added adequate sales people to meet the rush is my feeling and I felt like royalty in the showroom,very very well treated felt like I was all set to buy a Bentley from them].They are running short of brochures of the sx4 such is the craze for the sx4 right now.Unfortunately since demo-car was unregistered no test-drive possible but did get to start the engine[for checking AC],and the engine felt very refined.I am not sure about the cars cooling capacity yet need a detailed test-drive for that.The car did not seem weird at all to me because of it extra GC,I liked the looks of those 16"chers.

If anything I have to crib about its the rear seating arrangement,did not like it and with that armrest protuding its going to be awkward for the person seated in the middle.The rear seat is only adequate and seating for three on long drives maybe a problem.Cannot say much about ICE but can say that those into ICE would want something better.As pointed out by somebody the horn felt too loud inside too.

Mileage,company claims I am told are 14-15 with AC in city.The executive at the showroom claimed atleast 12+ in the city with AC.They have kept fuel efficiency as the main factor for the engine and have very well kept the NHC in mind.

All in all I can say tough times ahead for all their Rivals.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 9th May 2007 at 18:31.
Old 9th May 2007, 18:31   #145
BHPian

Wonder if any new guys have gone for the test drives while the SX4 , NHC debate is on.... and would care to share their experiences....especially on AC performance and Engine noise being heard inside the cabin ?
Old 9th May 2007, 19:23   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
About what car is better, i never said anything about it, i just replied to some other post (the one before yours) regarding why NHC should be/not be termed a "premium car".
Honda = Premium in India. Period.
Old 9th May 2007, 19:38   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Honda = Premium in India. Period.
Not for me anymore. Period.
Old 9th May 2007, 19:41   #148
Senior - BHPian

I am not saying that the SX4 is a bad car, i am saying on paper it looks stupendous value for money compared to the rup-off Honda is doing by giving nothing in the car butttttttt calling the NHC one-generation behind is plain stupidity
Old 9th May 2007, 20:11   #149
BANNED

sx4 test drive....

test drove the sx4 today....

it's a total let down.... complete disaster....

Bad Points..

1. ads claims "pure power" pure exhiliration" ....... but there was no power nor and exhiliration....

2. suspension is too hard... makes the car very jumpy....

3. it looks ugly from most angles.....

4. excessive engine noise in the cabin....

5. gearshift is damn rough and gear ratios are horrible....

6. integrated stereo is pathetic....

Good points..

1. lot's of space

2. big boot...

3. high ground clearance....

4. abs, ebd,

5. 16 inch rims with 205/60 tyres

accepted tht there are a lot of gizmos in the car but after advertising it as a performance car if it isn't any fun to drive then it's plain waste of money....

:frustrti
Old 9th May 2007, 20:21   #150
Senior - BHPian

Why is the SX4 VFM only on paper ? Why would you say that ?

Not talking about the NHC because some guys have already been miffed with us bringing it in a SX4 drive report thread.

How about some kind soul starting a NHC vs SX4 thread, where we can take this up ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks